Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

It Will Pass

It Will Pass

A student went to his meditation teacher and said, "My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I'm constantly falling asleep. It's just horrible!"

"It will pass," the teacher said matter-of-factly.

A week later, the student came back to his teacher. "My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It's just wonderful!'

"It will pass," the teacher replied matter-of-factly.

• Like 2

Jeff, right back at ya mate!!

Marblehead, another quote- the mental must always stay calm, for when the mind cannot be moved there is no longer good or bad, there just is.

Changes are wonderful when you cling to the ones that seem good or uplifting, but the goal is for them all to merge as one.

You probably know this, sorry if i sound like i'm talking down to you dude :)

Peace

Ed

Jeff, right back at ya mate!!

Marblehead, another quote- the mental must always stay calm, for when the mind cannot be moved there is no longer good or bad, there just is.

Changes are wonderful when you cling to the ones that seem good or uplifting, but the goal is for them all to merge as one.

You probably know this, sorry if i sound like i'm talking down to you dude :)

Peace

Ed

Hehehe. I never feel that anyone is speaking down to me. That just can't happen. Some things are impossible at this point in time - that is one of them.

Yes, Ed, to be "beyond good and evil". That is a worthy attainment. I'm not always there but I do get there now and again. Wu wei, you know.

But I still like my positive memories. Especially the women!!!!! (Well, yeah, some of those were not so good but we won't talk about that. Hehehe.)

I also like to hold to the memory of how I did something that turned out good. That way I don't have to make so many darned mistakes learning all over again.

Marblehead,

:)

I hear you!! but i don't think wu wei implies you lose your powers of discrimination, if anything they become more acute. Just look at the daoist or zen martial arts master. They don't stand there and let someone punch them on the nose. They just do...

Ed

Marblehead,

:)

I hear you!! but i don't think wu wei implies you lose your powers of discrimination, if anything they become more acute. Just look at the daoist or zen martial arts master. They don't stand there and let someone punch them on the nose. They just do...

Ed

Hehehe. I like to talk about wu wei. I know that it didn't fit into the discussion but I just felt like mentioning it.

Agree, though, in the state (condition) of wu wei the person does what needs to be done. Nothing more, nothing less. But the actions, or inactions, are not based on good/bad so I still think that wu wei and "beyond good and evil" have many similarities.

Hey, I am a Nietzschian Taoist so it is a given that "I" am going to find similarities. Hehehe.

Marblehead,

:) yep well let's agree that wu wei is non-dual action, and that beyond good and bad is non-dual discrimination :)

PEace bro

Ed

Marblehead,

:) yep well let's agree that wu wei is non-dual action, and that beyond good and bad is non-dual discrimination :)

PEace bro

Ed

Okay! Yea!!!

Darn. Now we have to find something else to talk about.

Or maybe someone will come along and throw a monkey wrench into our agreement. Hehehe.

Hahaha, your'e a funny guy Marblehead!! :)

Take it easy bro!

Peace

Ed

Thanks. I do try to cause people to laugh or at least smile, even if it at my own expense.

The other day I had to give a urine sample for my doctor and I went into the lab and told the female tech that I was there to put a message in a bottle. She thought it was cute and said it was the first time she ever heard that.

I had made that up earlier that morning as I was listening to music from the 1960s and for some reason the song "Time In A Bottle" by Jim Croche came to mind and I changed "Time" to "Message".

Later that day I found out that Police did a song written by Sting titled "Message In A Bottle" but I was unaware (at least consciously) of the song until later that day.

You be well and take care!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this