Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Positive, negative

Is it possible to have positive emotions, without negative emotions?

Is it possible to have people feel attracted to positive emotions without having people feelimg attracted to negative emotions?

Is it possible to have positive lifes, without having negative ones?

Edited by Everything

Is it possible to have people feel attracted to positive emotions without having people feelimg attracted to negative emotions?

Nope, as you soon as you say something is "positive" you have immediately created something else as "negative". If you want to remove negative emotions stop making them worse by judging them as negative.

I get angry, sad, stressed, etc. at times. Allow them to come and go without fighting them or judging them. If you feel than just feel, let it be then let it pass.

Same with "positive" emotions. Don't cling to them or chase them. They come they go, and the sun still rises in the morning ;)

Nope, as you soon as you say something is "positive" you have immediately created something else as "negative". If you want to remove negative emotions stop making them worse by judging them as negative.

I get angry, sad, stressed, etc. at times. Allow them to come and go without fighting them or judging them. If you feel than just feel, let it be then let it pass.

Same with "positive" emotions. Don't cling to them or chase them. They come they go, and the sun still rises in the morning ;)

I completely agree.

So if we deliberately felt extremely sad, crying very hard and mourning for all suffering on earth, could we then enjoy life more afterwards?

I've seen old people do this in their rituals of song. They do not constantly sing happy songs. They sing happy, sad, happy, sad, etc. Its weird. They cry, and then slowly transfer into a smile with the marks of the tear still visible on their cheeks. Its amazing

Edited by Everything

I don't know what's possible, but I definitely experience life as cyclical. Or should I say that I experience it as many overlapping cycles, which sometimes cancel each other out, sometimes increase the up, and sometimes increase the down.

I think it's possible to get into negative cycles where you experience more negative than positive emotions. Because our egos interfere and block the natural cycle of emotions things don't necessarily balance out. Maybe it all gets balanced out in lives but personally I doubt that.

But we can choose which ones we are going to cling to.

Yes, cling, as in attachments.

Feed only the good wolf and the bad wolf will die of starvation.

Then the bad wolf gets hungry and eats the good wolf, hehe:lol: just kidding

I found what you have said to be true. Focusing on the positive, you feed it thought and it grows on and on. I'm guessing that it is the improvement of these good wolfs overtime that is the constant positive. The wolf that was good now, is not so good centuries later.

So the positive without negative simply implies some kind of constant growth of positive? That sounds dangerous in a sense. Like a nuclear bomb, especially if the acceleration of the growth increases aswell. :mellow:

I think it's possible to get into negative cycles where you experience more negative than positive emotions. Because our egos interfere and block the natural cycle of emotions things don't necessarily balance out. Maybe it all gets balanced out in lives but personally I doubt that.

People who block there emotions often burst out! Eventually... Then when you ask them, they say it feels like they were trapped and are now on the free side. More power :)

When they do not balance this power with responsibility, they hurt themselves and others. This results in blocking thy self again. Flying too close to the sun and you get burned.

Edited by Everything

I found what you have said to be true. Focusing on the positive, you feed it thought and it grows on and on. I'm guessing that it is the improvement of these good wolfs overtime that is the constant positive. The wolf that was good now, is not so good centuries later.

Ah!, yes. So we over-fed the good wolf and failed to give it proper exercise so not it has grown fat and lazy. Along comes a bad wolf. Guess what! The good wolf becomes supper for the bad wolf. Complacency! What an evil doer!

So the positive without negative simply implies some kind of constant growth of positive? That sounds dangerous in a sense. Like a nuclear bomb, especially if the acceleration of the growth increases aswell. :mellow:

Harmony is key. Recognize the negative. If we can do something to add postive to it then we should do so. But too much positive produces complacency. We need challenges in our life. That is one of the reasons I am a member of this board. I can always find friends willing to disagree with me and challenge my opinions and understandings.

My little world is perfect. I need the challenges; the bad wolves, hehehe, to keep me alert and prevent me from becoming complacent. And I need to keep my good wolf healthy and fit so that she can fight off the bad wolf whenever he comes around.

(Note my use of masculine and feminine.)

Ah!, yes. So we over-fed the good wolf and failed to give it proper exercise so not it has grown fat and lazy. Along comes a bad wolf. Guess what! The good wolf becomes supper for the bad wolf. Complacency! What an evil doer!

Harmony is key. Recognize the negative. If we can do something to add postive to it then we should do so. But too much positive produces complacency. We need challenges in our life. That is one of the reasons I am a member of this board. I can always find friends willing to disagree with me and challenge my opinions and understandings.

My little world is perfect. I need the challenges; the bad wolves, hehehe, to keep me alert and prevent me from becoming complacent. And I need to keep my good wolf healthy and fit so that she can fight off the bad wolf whenever he comes around.

(Note my use of masculine and feminine.)

Yeah, I think a balance of masculine and feminine is important. However, when you share your life with a partner, you sometimes have to choose a role. Some relationships are so neutral and cold. It is the play between the masculine and feminine that fascinates me, within or without. Sometimes your masculinity is balanced by an external feminity. The key is to be able to fine tune your feminity/masculinity to meet the needs of the environment. In jail, you have some men who become women, because the needs for feminity is so great. Jails can be highly out of balance and unstable.

Masculinity and feminity can really be found everywhere in our universe. I think positive and negative emotions are not eachothers opposite. Perhaps they are both just emotions?

All clinging (good or bad) leads to same place. Perceived separation from Tao.

Even good wolves are wild creatures that bite your hand. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I think a balance of masculine and feminine is important. However, when you share your life with a partner, you sometimes have to choose a role. Some relationships are so neutral and cold. It is the play between the masculine and feminine that fascinates me, within or without. Sometimes your masculinity is balanced by an external feminity. The key is to be able to fine tune your feminity/masculinity to meet the needs of the environment. In jail, you have some men who become women, because the needs for feminity is so great. Jails can be highly out of balance and unstable.

Masculinity and feminity can really be found everywhere in our universe. I think positive and negative emotions are not eachothers opposite. Perhaps they are both just emotions?

Yep.

Believe it or not, I have a pretty strong yin and I cherish that when I am in "my world". But, except when I am with either of my very close friends, when I go out in other people's world I will allow my yang to come to the fore. I am able to relate with others better that way.

All clinging (good or bad) leads to same place. Perceived separation from Tao.

Even good wolves are wild creatures that bite your hand. :)

Hehehe. I hear you Jeff. And on the surface you are absolutely right.

But I think that if we go deeper we will find that all merges together and we reestablish ourself with Tao and the wolf will percieve this and either ignore you or maybe even be your friend.

Hehehe. I hear you Jeff. And on the surface you are absolutely right.

But I think that if we go deeper we will find that all merges together and we reestablish ourself with Tao and the wolf will percieve this and either ignore you or maybe even be your friend.

Interesting thought... I agree that everything is Tao, but are you saying that one can further realize that... by judging between good and bad, and then remembering (or focusing) on the good?

:)

Edited by Jeff

Interesting thought... I agree that everything is Tao, but are you saying that one can further realize that... by judging between good and bad, and then remembering (or focusing) on the good?

Yep. But the judging must be totally honest and objective. That is the hard part. (And to speak to that would be very difficult so I will hold my tongue for now.)

Yep. But the judging must be totally honest and objective. That is the hard part. (And to speak to that would be very difficult so I will hold my tongue for now.)

In the oneness of Tao, there just is... No one is there to compare...

Have a great weekend!

In the oneness of Tao, there just is... No one is there to compare...

Have a great weekend!

That's a good description for now.

Thanks!

You and everyone else have a great weekend as well.

Sign in to follow this