mwood10480

Question about multi-orgasmic sexual kung fu

Mantuk Chia says that when practicing multi-orgasmic sexual kungfu, we should not leave sexual energy in the brain for "too long" but he never specifies what he means by "too long". Can any one hear give me an approximate timeframe for how long I can safely leave this sexual energy spirling in my brain before closing the micro-cosmic orbit and storing in in the abdomen?

One more question when it is time to store the energy in the abdomen he says to touch the tip of the tongue to the palet to close the microcosmic orbit, but again he does not specify for how long. Is this for a minute? A few seconds? A few minutes? Anyone know how long to do this for?

Your knowledge and experience is greatly appreciated!

Some answers to your question:

1) Energetic Continuity. The tip of the tongue to the roof of the palate completes a circuit of orbit allowing energy to pass. Therefore, you want to keep this position for the duration of the entire practice to prevent discontinuity.

2) Duration. In this case, "too long" would best be limited to _what your system cannot handle_. How do you know what you can and cannot handle? Become self-aware of your own energies and gain an understanding of what this system means outside of theory. Learn how to sense energies through other (non-sexual) cultivation methods that focus on balance and sensitivity. This is going to better inform you of these advanced practices so that it is not merely an idea when you read about it, allowing you to perform them both more effectively and safely. Generally speaking, if you are not versed, I would not suggest anything longer than allowing the energy to simply pass through the head as in a course of a normal breath or cycle. You are not seeking to retain energy in the upper jiao during the beginning stages, rather, simply trying to clear blockages and enhance movement in the channel, so learning to circulate it achieves this aim.

3) Health Safety. Unfortunately, the practices he has suggested are presented out of context, without sufficient supporting historical and medical context to be safely and accurately practiced by one who is not deeply immersed in Chinese system medical theories, and therefore, is potentially dangerous to people who have not cultivated higher sensory awareness of subtle energies. Therefore, I would suggest taking precaution in doing this particular practice, especially because this energy is potent and can lead to mental instability and other serious physical imbalances, including genital dysfunctions.

I am not persuading or dissuading you from these practices, but I do personally feel that it is important you are informed about what you are doing and have a clear understanding of _why_ you are working on these techniques. My response here hardly even begins to cover a level of supporting information necessary to perform these disciplines safely and effectively.

[As reference, I note that I am professionally trained in Classical Chinese Medicine and am highly experienced in subtle energy anatomies]

Edited by Small Fur
  • Like 2

I am not persuading or dissuading you from these practices, but I do personally feel that it is important you are informed about what you are doing and have a clear understanding of _why_ you are working on these techniques. My response here hardly even begins to cover a level of supporting information necessary to perform these disciplines safely and effectively.

[As reference, I note that I am professionally trained in Classical Chinese Medicine and am highly experienced in subtle energy anatomies]

Have you ever tried to relate the Classical Chinese Medicine to Modern Western Science. I mean something like correlate the Chinese meridians to physiology...??? Are you restricting yourself within the Classical Chinese Medicine without looking into modern science to verify some of the claims by the Chinese...???

Edited by ChiDragon

Have you ever tried to relate the Classical Chinese Medicine to Modern Western Science. I mean something like correlate the Chinese meridians to physiology...??? Are you restricting yourself within the Classical Chinese Medicine without looking into modern science to verify some of the claims by the Chinese...???

Hi ChiDragon,

Since you addressed me by question, I am posting to you.

I just wanted to let you know that I generally do not respond to any statements on this forum that appear to be spoken from a place of hostility as its not a way in which I am interested in engaging with others. Are you yelling at me about something by placing multiple question marks, multiple times or are you just excitedly asking me a question?

The tone of your question over the screen feels to me as if there is aggravation leading to prejudice or assumptions. I cannot tell if you are asking me a genuine question out of curiosity about my background and how I think about things, or if you are trying to demand that I prove myself.

Because I do not feel certain about the emotions and intentions behind your post, I am not replying to it right now, but I did want to respond to you let you know I see your question and acknowledge that you have asked, especially in case you meant to inquire as a part of a process in understanding and supporting each other.

Edited by Small Fur
  • Like 1

Hi ChiDragon,

Since you addressed me by question, I am posting to you.

I just wanted to let you know that I generally do not respond to any statements on this forum that appear to be spoken from a place of hostility because its not a way in which I am interested in engaging with others. Are you yelling at me about something by placing multiple exclamation points, multiple times or are you just excitedly asking me a question?

The tone of your question over the screen feels to me as if there is aggravation leading to prejudice or assumptions. I cannot tell if you are asking me a genuine question out of curiosity about my background and how I think about things, or are you trying to demand that I prove myself.

Because I do not feel certain about the emotions and intentions behind your post, I am not replying to it right now, but I did want to respond to you let you know I see your question and acknowledge that you have asked in case you meant to inquire as a part of a process in understanding and supporting each other.

Sorry....

FYI That was the stupid way I write. No hostility was intended on my part. I apologize.

I am just excitedly asking you a question respectfully. I am not trying to demand you to prove yourself. I was simply asking have you ever considered looking into other areas to substantiate the Claims of the Chinese as part of your study or personal interest.

I did want to respond to you let you know I see your question and acknowledge that you have asked in case you meant to inquire as a part of a process in understanding and supporting each other.

Yes, that was exactly what I meant but I didn't say it as crystal clear as you did. :)

Edited to add: :)

Edited by ChiDragon

Sorry....

FYI That was the stupid way I write. No hostility was intended on my part. I apologize.

I am just excitedly asking you a question respectfully. I am not trying to demand you to prove yourself. I was simply asking have you ever considered looking into other areas to substantiate the Claims of the Chinese as part of your study or personal interest.

Yes, that was exactly what I meant but I didn't say it as crystal clear as you did. :)

Edited to add: :)

Hi Chi Dragon,

No problem. :-) Thanks for writing me back to let me know.

I feel that one of the most beautiful qualities of the Chinese medicine system and its roots to Daoism is that it is concrete as it is abstract, and vast as it is deep. An infinite number of systems, thoughts, and experiences, can be drawn upon to analyze and synthesize ones existence in relationship to its concept. And yes, I cross-reference Western medicine because it has been integral in the development of modern TCM and the culture of the US, so its not possible to see clients and consider health without understanding those relationships. Plus, when you enter Chinese medical school, you are trained in both systems up to a degree.

I think a few of my favorites areas of contemplations and experiences in relating it to Chinese medicine have been in learning theoretical astrophysics, as well as applied physics; experiencing nature; engaging in politics, experiencing metaphysical systems; practicing East Indian music; doing arts, and the study of anthroposophical, as well as, aryuvedic medicine systems.

Hope you are well. We are having lovely sunshine here today!

Edited by Small Fur

Small Fur mentioned for the entire practice... for sure. what you can also do is... leave it there essentially 24x7. Make it a lifestyle change to create the Energetic Continuity.

yep eben ip it mapes you halk lipe ish

you'll know you've attained enlightenment when you stop caring about the funny looks people give you!

j/k and poking fun i hope dawei doesnt mind its good advice

_****HI, THIS IS AN ACCIDENTAL REPEAT POST ON MY PART. HOW DO I DELETE IT? THANK YOU****

Hi Rainbow_Vein,

I think of the tip of the tongue to the palate as a subtlety. Its a nuance to the practice. The energy will not cease without the conduit, but it will flow more effectively. Think of it as a switch in the electrical circuit of engineering.

First and foremost, this is the completion of the du and ren channels on the physical level of the energetic pathway.

Secondly, there are a number of other cross-correlating factors. For instance, the soft palate at the roof of the mouth relates to the nasal passages which corresponds to the lungs; while the tip of the tongue is the manifestation of the heart and its channel. So, bridging the orbit creates a convergence between the vital breath, the virtues of the lung and the chi's incorporation into the pulse of the heart. Through a rhythm of cycle and pulsation, you are now entraining* the energy of the chi to the greater shen.

Another facet, is that it creates an energetic cauldron in the mouth whereby, when the energy passes via the roof to the tip, the center of the tongue (now in greater connection) has the opportunity to absorb the 'flavor' of the energy. Because the body of the tongue is associated with the stomach channel and the energetic motion of the stomach is to assimilate your spiritual experiences, this harmonizes the chi throughout the body.

Finally, another reason is that the upper jiao and the lungs are associated with the heavens. So by completing the circuit 'in the heavens' of your body and drawing it from the tip of your tongue heart to your chest organ you are essentially drawing the heavens into your heart.

Based on my experience, these are among the few yet also essential reasons to integrate this nuance in to your practice.

If you do it often enough, you'll stop even having to think about this oral mudra and it will become second nature every time you move into an energetic practice.

I think its great that you noticed your own body and were self-aware to know that it is not imperative. And I think its also great that you've continued to gain a deeper understanding about what your instincts tell you.

*Entrainment

▪ Entrainment (biomusicology), the synchronization of organisms to an external rhythm

▪ Entrainment (chronobiology), the alignment of a circadian system's period and phase to the period and phase of an

external rhythm

Edited by Small Fur

Hi Small Fur. :) I incorporate this common recommendation in many of my practices. However, in trusting my intuition, I have observed my own energetic gains without the tongue on the palate. Would be curious to hear your thoughts. :)

Hi Rainbow_Vein,

I think of the tip of the tongue to the palate as a subtlety. Its a nuance to the practice. The energy will not cease without the conduit, but it will flow more effectively. Think of it as a switch in the electrical circuit of engineering.

First and foremost, this is the completion of the du and ren channels on the physical level of the energetic pathway.

Secondly, there are a number of other cross-correlating factors. For instance, the soft palate at the roof of the mouth relates to the nasal passages which corresponds to the lungs; while the tip of the tongue is the manifestation of the heart and its channel. So, bridging the orbit creates a convergence between the vital breath, the virtues of the lung and the chi's incorporation into the pulse of the heart. Through a rhythm of cycle and pulsation, you are now entraining* the energy of the chi to the greater shen.

Another facet, is that it creates an energetic cauldron in the mouth whereby, when the energy passes via the roof to the tip, the center of the tongue (now in greater connection) has the opportunity to absorb the 'flavor' of the energy. Because the body of the tongue is associated with the stomach channel and the energetic motion of the stomach is to assimilate your spiritual experiences, this harmonizes the chi throughout the body.

Finally, another reason is that the upper jiao and the lungs are associated with the heavens. So by completing the circuit 'in the heavens' of your body and drawing it from the tip of your tongue heart to your chest organ you are essentially drawing the heavens into your heart.

Based on my experience, these are among the few yet also essential reasons to integrate this nuance in to your practice.

If you do it often enough, you'll stop even having to think about this oral mudra and it will become second nature every time you move into an energetic practice.

I think its great that you noticed your own body and were self-aware to know that it is not imperative. And I think its also great that you've continued to gain a deeper understanding about what your instincts tell you.

*Entrainment

▪ Entrainment (biomusicology), the synchronization of organisms to an external rhythm

▪ Entrainment (chronobiology), the alignment of a circadian system's period and phase to the period and phase of an

external rhythm

Some answers to your question:

1) Energetic Continuity. The tip of the tongue to the roof of the palate completes a circuit of orbit allowing energy to pass. Therefore, you want to keep this position for the duration of the entire practice to prevent discontinuity.

2) Duration. In this case, "too long" would best be limited to _what your system cannot handle_. How do you know what you can and cannot handle? Become self-aware of your own energies and gain an understanding of what this system means outside of theory. Learn how to sense energies through other (non-sexual) cultivation methods that focus on balance and sensitivity. This is going to better inform you of these advanced practices so that it is not merely an idea when you read about it, allowing you to perform them both more effectively and safely. Generally speaking, if you are not versed, I would not suggest anything longer than allowing the energy to simply pass through the head as in a course of a normal breath or cycle. You are not seeking to retain energy in the upper jiao during the beginning stages, rather, simply trying to clear blockages and enhance movement in the channel, so learning to circulate it achieves this aim.

3) Health Safety. Unfortunately, the practices he has suggested are presented out of context, without sufficient supporting historical and medical context to be safely and accurately practiced by one who is not deeply immersed in Chinese system medical theories, and therefore, is potentially dangerous to people who have not cultivated higher sensory awareness of subtle energies. Therefore, I would suggest taking precaution in doing this particular practice, especially because this energy is potent and can lead to mental instability and other serious physical imbalances, including genital dysfunctions.

Thank you so much for your replies. Very inciteful, helpful, and much appreciated. I will be sure to use caution