Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

A Thought

All of life is the same song.

The only thing that causes it to appear different is the lyrics we add to the music.

We can sing a happy song or we can sing a sad song. Our choice.

• Like 1

All of life is the same song.

The only thing that causes it to appear different is the lyrics we add to the music.

We can sing a happy song or we can sing a sad song. Our choice.

Haha, I just had the exact opposite thought after reading that! :lol:

"All of life is a diffrent song.

The only thing causes it to appear the same is the lyrics we add to the music.

We can sing a happy song on a sad melody and never realize that we are doing so. We have no choice as long as we do not increase our consciousness to a higher level."

Einstein: "A problem can never be solved with the same level of consciousness that created it in the first place." or something like that? Don't recall the exact quote.

It sounds rude towards your thought, but its not! I've had these thoughts long before you created this topic. Weird :mellow:

I think I should stop wondering about music so much. I should be able to last atleast one day on such a task...:wub:

Edited by Everything

Haha, I just had the exact opposite thought after reading that! :lol:

"All of life is a diffrent song.

The only thing causes it to appear the same is the lyrics we add to the music.

We can sing a happy song on a sad melody and never realize that we are doing so. We have no choice as long as we do not increase our consciousness to a higher level."

Einstein: "A problem can never be solved with the same level of consciousness that created it in the first place." or something like that? Don't recall the exact quote.

It sounds rude towards your thought, but its not! I've had these thoughts long before you created this topic. Weird :mellow:

I think I should stop wondering about music so much. I should be able to last atleast one day on such a task...:wub:

Hehehe. See?! You put different words to the same damn song.

Got 'cha!

Great reflection on life Marble. I am a musician and tend to think of many situation in musical terms. Say I am put into a sad or depressing situation, I imagine putting minor and augmented chords to a ballad. Or a happy or euphoric situation, fast paced major melodies.

Instead of translating my view of life into lyrics, I like to think of life as an instrument, and myself as the artist to compose the ballads and melodies. Lyrics are dependent on the song, the song dependent on the instrument, the instrument dependent on the artist. I alone create this music, and no one can play this instrument quite like me. ;)

Namaste, Matt

Great reflection on life Marble. I am a musician and tend to think of many situation in musical terms. Say I am put into a sad or depressing situation, I imagine putting minor and augmented chords to a ballad. Or a happy or euphoric situation, fast paced major melodies.

Instead of translating my view of life into lyrics, I like to think of life as an instrument, and myself as the artist to compose the ballads and melodies. Lyrics are dependent on the song, the song dependent on the instrument, the instrument dependent on the artist. I alone create this music, and no one can play this instrument quite like me. ;)

Namaste, Matt

Ah, interdependancy! Gotta' love it even if you are not a Buddhist. Hehehe.

Yes, I hear what you are saying. I'm not an artist but I am a good listener. This brought the thought:

We all know I am an Atheist but there is religious music in my collection, mostly in Bluegrass. I keep it because the entire presentation is "just so right". Even the saddest Bluegrass music can can be uplifting if presented properly.

And yes, the artist is the key in any musical presentation. We can have the best of whatever instrument but if we do not "put ourself" into the music then it will not be reflecting the artist's life - it will not be telling a story.

Same with life in general. The music is there - we have to supply the words.

Ah, interdependancy! Gotta' love it even if you are not a Buddhist. Hehehe.

Yes, I hear what you are saying. I'm not an artist but I am a good listener. This brought the thought:

We all know I am an Atheist but there is religious music in my collection, mostly in Bluegrass. I keep it because the entire presentation is "just so right". Even the saddest Bluegrass music can can be uplifting if presented properly.

And yes, the artist is the key in any musical presentation. We can have the best of whatever instrument but if we do not "put ourself" into the music then it will not be reflecting the artist's life - it will not be telling a story.

Same with life in general. The music is there - we have to supply the words.

There was quite a bit of brainpower lacking in my reply to your original thought. Partly because I was dead tired and also because my wife was watching "Project Runway" in the background. :lol:

Yes I think I will stick to your original thought.

And although I have great respect for the Buddhist philosophies(even put some into practice :ph34r: ) I am not Buddhist.

La da da dee da... my lyrics for today.

Namaste, Mateo

Sign in to follow this