Stigweard

Artificial Meat (?) What's your thoughts

So, is this a "natural progression"??

Sheeezze! What a question!

Actually, I had not heard of this process before. Perhaps it is a viable solution to the problem of feeding an ever-increasing population.

The most reasonable solution for the problem of over-population is for people to stop having so many off-spring. I think there are a couple European countries that have attained zero population growth.

However, it doesn't look like this is going to happen world-wide any time soon so there will be the need for additional food products to feed the increasing population.

Sure, the above process is a natural evolution in an unnatural kind of way. Hehehe.

A cause for cautious optimism. Addresses a big problem through the rational application of realisable means. Takes the bad karma out of meat eating too. Not sure of the subtle effects on the body rather like the difference between synthetic and natural vitamins.

Edited by rex
  • Like 1

OMFG!!!

Am I the only one retching at the thought of giving my body over to man made franken food.

Sure, no problem, they know everything the body needs to thrive. Trust them. Better living through chemistry.

arrrrrgggghhhhh.

Help!

Run away....

• Like 2

OMFG!!!

Am I the only one retching at the thought of giving my body over to man made franken food.

Sure, no problem, they know everything the body needs to thrive. Trust them. Better living through chemistry.

arrrrrgggghhhhh.

Help!

Run away....

Hehehe. That was my original thought but then I remembered that I have eaten soy burger before and that's not to far removed from engineered meat.

Sounds questionable. I would be wary of the long term effects on the body....I just couldn't trust it right away.

On the flipside: At least this isn't some Soylent Green shit. Thank god we haven't reached that point yet (Soylent Green is Peooooooopllleeeee!!) :lol:

Well, people will be next...not to eat, but for replacement parts. While this seems possibly admirable in the case of medical problems (replacing cancerous organs or amputated limbs), I have no doubt that the real growth area in this field will be for cosmetic surgical purposes. e.g. cloned celebrity body parts, etc.

Well, people will be next...not to eat, but for replacement parts. While this seems possibly admirable in the case of medical problems (replacing cancerous organs or amputated limbs), I have no doubt that the real growth area in this field will be for cosmetic surgical purposes. e.g. cloned celebrity body parts, etc.

Well I know that they are experimenting with growing human tissue in a lab at the moment, but cloning people for replacement parts...that would be fucked up. There was a movie that came out in theaters dealing with that topic (which was based off a book.)

Though do you mean that they would clone individual human body parts based off of an individuals cells?

As for cloning celebrity body parts...If that was ever available, I would be the first in line for a cosmetic surgery replacing my cock with say Brad Pitt's. :lol: I could then say me and Brad Pitt have the same penis. :D Ohhh, I could then use that as a way to lure women into having sex with me..."Hey, , would you like to know what it's like having Brad Pitt's penis inside of you? I've been surgically implanted with a cloned copy of his penis."

OMFG!!!

arrrrrgggghhhhh.

Help!

Run away....

LOL matey! T'was my first reaction as well. But then I saw that the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals were strongly advocating and I thought, "Well I guess there are more than one way to look at it."

So I deliberately tried to look at the views that might consider this as somehow "good".

But regardless, I still wouldn't eat the shit!

:lol:

But then I saw that the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals were strongly advocating and I thought,

Oh yeah, PETA, they are a very rational and trustworthy source for what we should or should not eat.

acckkk gaggghhh kaff (sorry, hairball)

• Like 1

Oh yeah, PETA, they are a very rational and trustworthy source for what we should or should not eat.

acckkk gaggghhh kaff (sorry, hairball)

Bahahahaah !!!

I'll eat it. I eat meat, why not meat grown in labs? Since man can create it, it is unnatural? That's a very close minded approach to this line of thought. Think of it as gardening flesh. Is gardening wrong? No. Then why would gardening flesh be wrong if it is not bad for you, other than your conditioned moral response telling you it is so? (Only God/Tao/Allah/Shiva creates meat, not man!)

I think that, even if we do grow to accept it, it is only a temporary fix, if we do not start to think about population growth and controlling that growth, then anything we do will eventually have little effect. China is actually doing the most to curb this problem, but no one gives them credit for it, rather it is seen as very inhuman.

Aaron

• Like 1

Well I know that they are experimenting with growing human tissue in a lab at the moment, but cloning people for replacement parts...that would be fucked up. There was a movie that came out in theaters dealing with that topic (which was based off a book.)

Though do you mean that they would clone individual human body parts based off of an individuals cells?

As for cloning celebrity body parts...If that was ever available, I would be the first in line for a cosmetic surgery replacing my cock with say Brad Pitt's. :lol: I could then say me and Brad Pitt have the same penis. :D Ohhh, I could then use that as a way to lure women into having sex with me..."Hey, , would you like to know what it's like having Brad Pitt's penis inside of you? I've been surgically implanted with a cloned copy of his penis."

Dude, it's actually his face most women like.

Why are some TTB's men obsessed with their LDT???

• Like 1

OMFG!!!

arrrrrgggghhhhh.

Help!

Run away....

I was going to respond to this this morning but since 'thoughts' were asked for, I couldn't, because 'uck' was my immediate reaction.

If I think about it, I'm thinking what kind of qi would lab-grown food impart to a person? I mean the animals in industrial farms are already sick.

And I'm thinking, is the 'feeding the world' problem really about food shortages? Oh, alright, I'm biased, I think it's not. Sorry.

Edit: except I could probably make a shitload of ca&h if I opened a 'real meat' restaurant.

Edited by -K-

I LOVE it!

Meat without animal death or cruelty? Perfect!

And every steak can be a filet mignon.

The day that real burger disappears, is the day that a gigantic part of me dies. Seriously. Eating a good, juicy burger is one of my life's greatest pleasures. It makes me feel sooooo good (apparently beef is beneficial for the kidneys).

Thankfully the world isn't extremely overpopulated yet. And that I'm not poor. A lot to be grateful for. That's what I think of when I hear about this grey soggy fake meat. Blech. :wacko:<_<:closedeyes::glare:-_-

I thought this might have been about Quorn, which has recently appeared in Aus.

Mycoprotein is the common ingredient in all Quorn products. It's made from a member of the fungi family (the same family that morels and truffles belong to) and is a high-quality meat-free protein that's low in fat, high in dietary fibre (important for your digestive system) and is a valuable source of amino acids.

This is a Quorn burger

Quorn%20Quarter%20Pounder.jpgwork.1575899.3.fc,135x135,brown.v3.jpg

ok I haven't actually tried a burger, but their "chicken nuggets" did actually taste like chicken :lol:

110_main.jpg

I thought this might have been about Quorn, which has recently appeared in Aus.

This is a Quorn burger

Quorn%20Quarter%20Pounder.jpgwork.1575899.3.fc,135x135,brown.v3.jpg

ok I haven't actually tried a burger, but their "chicken nuggets" did actually taste like chicken :lol:

110_main.jpg

Well fungi-meat I could handle.

Its just the images in my head are disturbing of what a mass production plant of stem-cell originated lab-meat would look like. There would be big chunks of quivering flesh (they do have to be "exercised" regularly :blink:) in factory lines jammed with electrodes and tubes.

steaksynth.jpg

Speaking of meat. Ever wonder why your favorite steak place is able to sell so cheaply?

This documentary is about the astoundingly kept secret of meat glue.

PETA has their hearts in the right place as far as animals, but if they do not understand subtle energies, as noone does in our great biology science circa 2011, then they may be missing some important data about test-tube grown food would not benefit us to eat. In fact, I think it would turn people into zombies. But since today's workforce requires more zombies, this can easily be overlooked, and be a social benefit. Something like how little American girls are growing boobs earlier due to all the chemicals they consume. Big boobs are a good thing, right? Who complains.

Edited by de_paradise
  • Like 1

I'm not really, as you say "Obsessed with my LDT." Though, I guess I've retained the "typical mindset" of a dude (being that I am a guy.) I also just have a crude sense of humor. :D

Also, I'm totally stealing the idea of a "real meat" restaurant, if the opportunity presents itself. I'm gonna make millions! I'll open a whole fuckin chain of restaurants! Muahahahaha....

Well, you might. But I rather think that one's been sold off already. Imagine how much real meat is going to end up costing?

Just look at what things are becoming more and more expensive. To be in nature, on a beach, eating real food, drinking water...

Well, you might. But I rather think that one's been sold off already. Imagine how much real meat is going to end up costing?

Just look at what things are becoming more and more expensive. To be in nature, on a beach, eating real food, drinking water...

"But I rather think that one's been sold off already" My dreams of owning my own chain of restaurants and being a millionaire are crushed! Lol.

You're totally right about the rest though...We're headed down a a dangerous road; we're definitely fucking shit up for ourselves at an ever increasing rate. It's sad really. I mean it's bad enough we're eating factory farmed meat and GMO produce; I wonder what the health of the populace is going to be like in the decade to come, if this lab meat starts to replace "real" meat.

Its just the images in my head are disturbing of what a mass production plant of stem-cell originated lab-meat would look like. There would be big chunks of quivering flesh (they do have to be "exercised" regularly :blink:) in factory lines jammed with electrodes and tubes.

Probably something like this movie comaimage1.gif

but crossed with Hellraiser :(

• Like 1