Trunk

Testicle Pearl Breathing

This is inspired by some commonly found kinds of dan tien qigong.

I've been working with DGS's Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong, part of which induces this dynamic in the dan tiens - more so than I'd previously experience via other methods. As a result, the dynamic is more and more natural for me and so when my attention went to gonad work I just naturally tried this and have so far experienced promising results. It's been less than a week since I started w/ it, so who knows how it will play out in the long run... Thought I'd post it here for experimentation & feedback.

TECHNIQUE

This is done via the yi (attention) slowly in tempo with the breath, with both gonads simultaneously. Ideally you'd do this while exposed to fresh cool air.

Inhale: Expand energy in a sphere around each 'nad. Needn't go any larger than several inches an inch beyond the periphery, maximum.

Exhale: Concentrate energy into a cool luminous pearl at the very center of each gonad. Small, perhaps the size of a bb. Concentrate, spiral, illumine.

MoonClouds.jpg

Repeat several times: inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. Then just give it a rest and feel whatever might happen, over minutes and days. I think you'll find this accessible and interesting.

TIPS

- Don't worry about whether your breath is getting "all the way down there". Just expand / concentrate synchronously with your inhale / exhale.

- There is no need to intentionally guide energy else where with this technique. Just expand / concentrate then let results occur.

- Be patient with yourself. If you can't concentrate the qi into a tiny pearl, just draw the qi into the gonads to the extent that you're able.

RESULTS

I'm curious as to what results you experience. Really: Direct description of what you experience, not just "thoughts about". What do you feel?

Try it, give it a while to percolate, then post away. :)

~ edit ~

All this stuff, more effective if you do the physical massage (vas deferens, etc) first.

• Like 3

feels...red phoenix-ey :lol: and somewhat similar when using a similar focus on the lwer daniten. but here and here instead of up there! what's glowing, it feels like...ida-pingala, somethinsomethin...doing this makes them feel sparkly glowy from my nads to my neck :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, all. I like to confirm that "it's not just me", and it usually isn't.

I also find that this one produces a stronger effect, and not just the gonads - but all kinda various related, even areas that aren't proximal to the 'nads. The circulation is strong and cool; feels good.

After several days of practice I also found that I've been going through some emotional things, but I'm not sure how much is due to other practices (kuji-in). It's definitely fear though. :lol: Unmistakably vivid, in a way I haven't felt before. There aren't many things I've found on my path that really tap directly into my fear base which is, of course, really really important to get to.

Also, it's simpler. I've often found regular testicle breathing to be cumbersome. This is easy, direct.

Think I'll give ut a go.

Report in a few days.

Been going all emo in my Nei Dan sitting with focus on the sparks in the sacral area.

Phew

h

Things are progressing...

More than once now, as a result of this practice, I've felt these pulse in concert:

- Kid-1's

- gonads

- kidneys

- brain

This is obviously tapping into and circulating the kidney energy quite directly, in a cool way. B)

I've been tinkering further with "pearl breathing", applying it to

- the tip of the penis (there's a chakra there, some say)

- gonads

- huiyin

then doing sacrum work (sacrum breathing + maybe exercising the muscles around the sacrum),

then doing basic lower dan tien breathing.

Gathering air-qi into those critical places along the lower-most horizontal line of the torso has freed things up a bit. :) Integrates that whole line.

I've been enjoying the more meditative experience of hui yin, ...

p.s.

Next obvious major station is kidneys & ming men.

TECHNIQUE

This is done via the yi (attention) slowly in tempo with the breath, ... Ideally you'd do this while exposed to fresh cool air.

Inhale: Expand energy in a sphere around ...

Exhale: Concentrate energy into a cool luminous pearl at the very center ... Small, perhaps the size of a bb. Concentrate, spiral, illumine.

For me, the quality & dynamics of the pearl have changed significantly over the years... prompted initially by understanding that (at least the center of) the pearl should dissolve into emptiness and Light. That connects with deeper principles, uh... more fundamental refining agents. I used to subtley hold onto the pearl as a source of nourishment and simply didn't know to let it dissolve into nothing, how that relates to the potencies along central channel and how they integrate w/ Emptiness & LIght.

oyster-pearl-100903-02.jpg

Also very effective at laogong/yongquan :)
B)

For me, the quality & dynamics of the pearl have changed significantly over the years... prompted initially by understanding that (at least the center of) the pearl should dissolve into emptiness and Light. That connects with deeper principles, uh... more fundamental refining agents. I used to subtley hold onto the pearl as a source of nourishment and simply didn't know to let it dissolve into nothing, how that relates to the potencies along central channel and how they integrate w/ Emptiness & LIght.

oyster-pearl-100903-02.jpg

B)

Just wondering if this is part of the magnetic qigong practice from the dvd's. Also it was never mentioned what the practice was actually supposed to do. Now that you have feedback from people without any possible preconceptions, what was this practice claiming to do for people that practice it?

Just wondering if this is part of the magnetic qigong practice from the dvd's

Neither pearl work nor the central channel's (sushumna's) relationship w/ Emptiness & Light are referred to explicitly in the Kwan Yin Magnetic Qiqong dvd. However, the mechanics and results of KYMQ are toward harmonizing diverse energies into sushumna. Also, one of the KYMQ movements specifically (and *very* effectively) results in an alternate concentrating / expanding in relation to points along sushumna - and that's part of what inspired the tangent exploration of this thread.

If you want to talk more directly about Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong, it has its own thread. :)

For me, the texts that clarified deeper theory were:

1. Tsongkhapa's Six Yogas of Naropa If you can see through the typically Tibetan ornate detail to the simpler principles.. well, that book was really big for me. Really even just that you should dissolve in sushumna. :ph34r:

2. Cleary's version of The Secret of the Golden Flower.

iirc, Nan Huai Chin gave me the idea of using the pearl at laogong/yongquan as a means to "launder qi," in a manner of speaking.

I always thought the pearl was emptiness & light, it just made the most sense :)

• Like 1

iirc, Nan Huai Chin gave me the idea of ...

This Nan Huai-Chin? Curious which book/s(?).

... using the pearl at laogong/yongquan as a means to "launder qi"
Nice phrase, and that's my experience too - though I've experienced it mainly through KYMQ. Lately tried your suggestion and :D.

I always thought the pearl was emptiness & light, it just made the most sense :)
Took me decades. :(

Changed everything. :D

The knowledge along that line is sort of the rosetta stone in that, once known, many other things make sense and fall into place and things at least begin to, well, actually... work.

Yes, that Master Nan :) Pretty sure it was To Realize Enlightenment - its a larger book, hard to find, and at this point, expensive. (I checked and it is less than last time. But $75 is still pricey...last I looked it was over two hundred!) I would gladly tear mine to pages for an OCR kindle version so that it would be easy for others to partake of this gift, the book is *that* much of a gem. I clicked the "request kindle version" on Amazon :lol: It appears to be a follow up to "Working Towards Enlightenment" which is also an excellent book, I have both. Highly recommended, both of them, but To Realize is deeper.

:lol: Launder just at the moment popped into my head as a relatively accurate descriptor! He gave a couple different techniques, although I will have to dig back into the book to find out where, it was in the context of purifying qi.

Lots of shushumna activity lately, my breathing has reached deeply enough that reverse doesnt really even feel that different from a physical standpoint, although energetically it absolutely is. When you breathe from the dantien, initiate from the psoas and let everything above it go ;) and dont use your sinuses - I periodically do the air passage activation exercise I devised, it is analogous to focusing your awareness on the physical mechanisms of breath, "adding angular momentum to the gyroscope," as it were :lol: Then it all stands up of its own accord!

Thanks for the info.

I remember that James McConnell (sharp fellow, imo), yrs ago on another board, was emphatic about testicle breathing - that it was critical and should be done all day and night, even during sleep. I assume that he got something out of it that we didn't, that maybe I'm getting now with this slightly different approach.

... anyway. All this stuff, more effective if you do the physical massage (vas deferens, etc) first.

I've been doing something similar around my prostate for pleasure. It gives me several orgasm. I just put my attention on my prostate and feels energy through out it. I also do the same thing with the nerves around the perineum and inner penis.

Self-Sexual!

a few more thoughts (and experiential progress) on this...

Typical male sexual disharmonies revolve around "dense heat". Application of "cool air" is on-target heteropathy. This is the best qi gong effect I've experienced for cooling my jets. Also I feel more broad LDT healing.

Add to that that the physical pulsing along the low line is strong and the ojas -> brain slam would make any junkie happy. => A pretty good morning orgasm substitute.

Still really important to get lumbar to ming-men & kidney integration, and I've had moderate success w/ that. I can get there, but not as consistently, deeply, fluently as I'd like.

I've had a little trouble opening the dynamics really all the way up through. This evening it strikes me that yi swallows qi might make a good topper.

Very good technique. Thanks, trunk.

I just did for five minutes last night, I could feel my Jing was restored a little.

• Like 1

RESULTS

I'm curious as to what results you experience. Really: Direct description of what you experience, not just "thoughts about". What do you feel?

Try it, give it a while to percolate, then post away. smile.gif

~ edit ~

All this stuff, more effective if you do the physical massage (vas deferens, etc) first.

This is an old known method.

This leads to orgasmic sensations at first. Then leakage if your Qi-channels in the area are not open to a sufficient degree.

Edited by DAO rain TAO

Still really important to get lumbar to ming-men & kidney integration, and I've had moderate success w/ that. I can get there, but not as consistently, deeply, fluently as I'd like.

I've had a little trouble opening the dynamics really all the way up through. This evening it strikes me that yi swallows qi might make a good topper.

Trunk, have ya tried my 3dt small loop exercise? :D

This method is not necessarily meant to be a part of a retention plan, which goes wrong (in the long term) more often than not, imo.

• Like 1

This method is not necessarily meant to be a part of a retention plan, which goes wrong (in the long term) more often than not, imo.

:D

The ancients said that if you are cooking sands to make rice, you can add any extra ingredient without compromise the final result...