Vmarco

Sky Dancers

I think if you start letting go of who you think you are then your feminine nature will be uncovered naturally, as well as your masculine, you won't have much say in the matter whether you realise it or not it will emerge from the vacuum left when you let go of your self images.

From my perspective the music is the interplay between masculine and feminine, so even if you are only interested in the masculine nature of form when you take it to the extreme it reverts back to the feminine anyway. Also the points of dark and light within the Tao symbol shows that there is no such thing as pure Yin or pure Yang so i'm not even sure it is possible to be only interested in the masculine nature of things as it always has a feminine point within it's centre and reverts back to the feminine anyway, so it's not something you can avoid on the path even if you want to.

Yes, those are important points. However,...the ability to recognize the masculine as the masculine, accelerates the process of uncovering. The more, and quicker, you understand Who you are not, the less and less one tries to hold onto a reality that doesn't exist. Although many believe that the process to uncover who they are takes thousands of lifetimes, I'm suggesting, what if, it be realized in less than one lifetime.

I agree that there is no Pure Yin or Pure Yang,...if I insinuated that anywhere, it was an unfortunate mistake. If Yang could separated from Yin, it would contract, integrate, coverge, spiral-in, heat, into something that could not exist,...likewise, Yin would expand, disinterate, diverge, spiral-out, cold, into something that could not exist. In fact, according to nature of Light,...if either Yang or Yin did not maintain a perfect "harmoneous balanced interchange" the universe would dissappear in a millisecond.

In many, many ways, Yin is hidden to the cerebral-centric human. We may say water is Yin,...but really, water is just an early stage of Yang Form returning to Yin formlessness. Actually, from my point of view, Light is the best teacher of Tao,...and as nothing about us is not Light, it's quite useful.

V

I certainly agree that the dropping of knowledge is a key,...however, the dropping of knowledge that leads to gnowledge is a problem that sustains the unreal, by obscuring the real. In other words, your inability to discern the false as the false, in this case, that understanding the feminine aspect of the Tao in motion is to you, a worthless goal, is an attachment to accumulated beliefs, which keeps the real you from being gnown.

Still working on that one hey? That's OK, hang around here long enough and you will eventually loosen up ;)

And I'm saying, that music is the feminine,...the unfolded, spiral-out, diverging, expansive, centrafugal, exhaling nature of Yin. If the you that you believe you are is only interested in Yang,...the folded, spiral-in, converging, contractive, centripetal, inhaling nature of Form,...so be it.

And every time you rattle on with your false associations of Yin and Yang I will once again pipe up and say "Bullshit!", and also once again ask you to consider Yin and Yang as it is from a Daoist point of view rather than your contrived abstractions.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/20207-yin-yang/page__view__findpost__p__287405

It is always fun watching people walk in here and try and teach us ignorant fools what Daoism "really is". You obviously are well versed in Western mysticism and philosophical traditions, but are hopelessly inept when it comes to Daoism. In your attempts to "make your point" you are misappropriating and misconstruing Daoist ontology for your own agenda.

I would kindly ask you to drop your false usage of Daoist principles and just stick with what you actually do know. Because I actually agree with your fundamental message of honoring the feminine spirit. I just think you are overly desperate, and therefore incorrect, in the usage of what you think is "evidence" to support your cause.

;)

• Like 1

Still working on that one hey? That's OK, hang around here long enough and you will eventually loosen up ;)

And every time you rattle on with your false associations of Yin and Yang I will once again pipe up and say "Bullshit!", and also once again ask you to consider Yin and Yang as it is from a Daoist point of view rather than your contrived abstractions.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/20207-yin-yang/page__view__findpost__p__287405

It is always fun watching people walk in here and try and teach us ignorant fools what Daoism "really is". You obviously are well versed in Western mysticism and philosophical traditions, but are hopelessly inept when it comes to Daoism. In your attempts to "make your point" you are misappropriating and misconstruing Daoist ontology for your own agenda.

I would kindly ask you to drop your false usage of Daoist principles and just stick with what you actually do know. Because I actually agree with your fundamental message of honoring the feminine spirit. I just think you are overly desperate, and therefore incorrect, in the usage of what you think is "evidence" to support your cause.

;)

Thanks stig. I was almost ready to admonish you for an earlier post where you appeared a bit passive aggressive on this yinyang subject.

I admire that you did exactly what I was hoping for and recognize there is an interesting kernel in the subject matter, but yes VMarco should really drop that which does not fit traditional models of yinyang or at least acknowledge what his interpretation is, ie, His OWN and not derived from Taoism directly.

Hey, at least VMarco has something of interest to bring forward, a perspective. And he is definitely not at the kindergarten level when it comes to his knowledge. Unlike QiDragon (sorry, does that count as a personal attack?)

AS for me, I do find the idea of digging into myth and comparitive religion to be fruitful. Also I like to see other people react to VMarco's work. He is really good at rocking EVERYONE's boat, Taoist, Buddhist, Christians, Jews. I'm sure there will be something soon for Muslims to react to , but maybe no one here feels the need to defend that faith. Oh, I left out shamans. Any shamans upset by VMarco yet?

Not me.

Craig

• Like 2

Thanks stig. I was almost ready to admonish you for an earlier post where you appeared a bit passive aggressive on this yinyang subject.

LOL you did notice that I included an apology in my earlier post? ;)

I admire that you did exactly what I was hoping for and recognize there is an interesting kernel in the subject matter, but yes VMarco should really drop that which does not fit traditional models of yinyang or at least acknowledge what his interpretation is, ie, His OWN and not derived from Taoism directly.

Hey, at least VMarco has something of interest to bring forward, a perspective. And he is definitely not at the kindergarten level when it comes to his knowledge. Unlike QiDragon (sorry, does that count as a personal attack?)

AS for me, I do find the idea of digging into myth and comparitive religion to be fruitful. Also I like to see other people react to VMarco's work. He is really good at rocking EVERYONE's boat, Taoist, Buddhist, Christians, Jews. I'm sure there will be something soon for Muslims to react to , but maybe no one here feels the need to defend that faith. Oh, I left out shamans. Any shamans upset by VMarco yet?

Not me.

Craig

And yes absolutely I wholehearted support Vmarco fundamental argument that the feminine spirit has been extremely misplaced and distorted in our world. What the patriarchal forces have done is no short of a crime against humanity. Through fear and jealousy of the power of the female, men have turned this world upside down and have set us on such a distorted pathway that, perhaps, nothing short of a world-wide catastrophe is going to set it right.

A dare every man to watch this, sing with the chant and FEEL:

*sniff* Tears every time :'(

And to add my "take" on "why". We don't need to go into great theoretic gymnastics of dynamics of light or contrived associations of Yin and Yang. It's quite simple...

- women have the gift of creation,

- women are sexually superior (i.e. men last for a few minutes women can go all night),

- women bleed every month,

- women are naturally more in tune with the rhythms of mystery.

Because of this, women were esteemed and venerated in ancient cultures.

Unfortunately this scared the shit out of some men and thus they started contriving their own ideology to establish their own social power. The results were Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the political systems that grew out of these patriarchal ideologies. This patriarchal worldview spread through other cultures as well.

But the basis of patriarchy is fear of the feminine power.

And the world is now turning to the beat of this overly-masculine drum and the travesties to the earth, our mother, and to our culture is a wheel so large which has been turning for so long that it's momentum will keep us heading down our current path for centuries if nothing intercedes.

And the only way to change it's course is for enough people to reawaken the feminine spirit in the world. To once again honor femininity as The Mother Goddess.

Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali, Inanna !!!

:D

Edited by Stigweard
  • Like 2

So do men. Women require our sperm to make babies...they can't do it alone!

To equate it to the natural world, women's reproductive processes are like the soil and men's sperm are like the seed. Which is better? They work in unison...and are very different yet both essential for the outcome.

In another sense, men have the gift of creation moreso than women. Look at how many men are artists or musicians...a lot more men than women are creative.

- women are sexually superior (i.e. men last for a few minutes women can go all night),

I can agree with this, sort of. Although at least personally I consider you superior if you can find your bliss within a matter of minutes rather than hours. :lol: And what about the women who can't achieve orgasm (there is quite a large group...whereas I think all men are capable)?

I take it that the rhythms of mystery have to do with bleeding every month. What advantage does this give them?

They are esteemed and venerated for becoming pregnant, and bleeding? (I'm going to discount the sexual idea, since it doesn't really apply)

If they were venerated for these things in ancient cultures, why should we venerate them in the modern day in our culture for these things?

As we know these days, it takes a sperm and an egg to create a child. If we simply look up at the moon we can see the natural cycles...we don't need the ole bleed-o-meter.

So I don't see the point of worshipping the feminine.

Please don't equate me with some patriarch who would squash out from history anything that scared me. I just don't see the point...and in fact, I think these are historically unfounded arguments.

Unfortunately this scared the shit out of some men and thus they started contriving their own ideology to establish their own social power. The results were Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the political systems that grew out of these patriarchal ideologies. This patriarchal worldview spread through other cultures as well.

J/C/I have a lot more to them than simply denial of the feminine. That's a very small aspect and I'm sure we could easily find pro-feminine ideas in those religions, too. In fact, I know of some...

So that whole argument is stale as fuck. :lol:

Or it's just stepping up to the plate.

And the world is now turning to the beat of this overly-masculine drum and the travesties to the earth, our mother, and to our culture is a wheel so large which has been turning for so long that it's momentum will keep us heading down our current path for centuries if nothing intercedes.

I don't see the world the same as you do. I'm more of an optimist. I think how things are going these days is pretty great! The only thing I would change, if I could, is making virtue a more desirable thing for both men and women.

And the only way to change it's course is for enough people to reawaken the feminine spirit in the world. To once again honor femininity as The Mother Goddess.

This will achieve...what?

There is a rather over used version of history which has an ancient universal matriarchy overthrown by a patriarchy (some time in the middle late bronze age I think) and then sees the feminine as being downgraded by the patriarchs through their 'fear' of the power of women (or some such). Obviously this doesn't explain things like the Catholic church's focus on Our Lady or the fact that there have always been (admittedly by exception) powerful woman leaders in history.

In Egyptian society which according to this model should have been soon after the rise of the patriarchs women had high status, legal powers and could own land and so on ... although most kings were men there is Hatshepsut and Cleopatra (although she was Greek of course) ... the royal line passed through the woman and not the men. So i see no evidence for the supposed overthrow of a matriarchy there at all. In fact they integrated goddess worship completely successfully whereby some versions of creation were by the goddess and not the god e.g. the cult of Neith.

I would suggest that Bible studies tend to give a distorted view of human history since it was written by people for whom the women had specific roles (and still do in orthodox communities). I suspect the whole theory of matriarchy/patriarchy comes from Bible and Greek studies and the reality is much more complex and interesting.

• Like 2

LOL you did notice that I included an apology in my earlier post? ;)

And yes absolutely I wholehearted support Vmarco fundamental argument that the feminine spirit has been extremely misplaced and distorted in our world. What the patriarchal forces have done is no short of a crime against humanity. Through fear and jealousy of the power of the female, men have turned this world upside down and have set us on such a distorted pathway that, perhaps, nothing short of a world-wide catastrophe is going to set it right.

A dare every man to watch this, sing with the chant and FEEL:

*sniff* Tears every time :'(

And to add my "take" on "why". We don't need to go into great theoretic gymnastics of dynamics of light or contrived associations of Yin and Yang. It's quite simple...

Moving vid Stig!

I really have few ideas about witches, but I did read an intriguing perspective on them in "The Value of Nothing" http://rajpatel.org/2009/10/27/the-value-of-nothing/

Would seem, according to this author, that the number of 'witches' murdered (or in more recent times, 'cases of witchcraft') increases when there are issues with land ownership.

The author links this with the destruction of 'commons' in a pretty interesting fashion.

As an aside, IMO if you put anything on a pedestal, you're more or less setting it up to fall down at some point. The 'feminine' is therefore 'low'.

My 2 cts.

There is a rather over used version of history which has an ancient universal matriarchy overthrown by a patriarchy (some time in the middle late bronze age I think) and then sees the feminine as being downgraded by the patriarchs through their 'fear' of the power of women (or some such). Obviously this doesn't explain things like the Catholic church's focus on Our Lady or the fact that there have always been (admittedly by exception) powerful woman leaders in history.

I would suggest (considering post #1 and #3) that there two aspects of the females,...an original female, created equal with the male, the Sky Female,....Mother Sky,...the familiarity of which has been planetarily suppressed,....and a patriarchial female,...Mother Earth,...designed, by hook and crook, to hide the essence of the Great Feminine,...Yin,...from being known.

I suggest that Father Sky and Mother Earth exemplify a Patriarchial, Yang mentality that is so thoroughly effacing of authentic Yin, that the World suffers greatly from the withholding.

In other words, people have become so thoroughly convinced that Form is Form, and Formlessness (an equal anti-matter)is not part of its cycle, to keep any naked, unstructured, unborn awareness from rising in the Collective Consciouness.

Thus the sciential, Object-ive Materialist fears Aphrodite. Tim Ward said, "they want the foam, the aphros of Aphrodite, but not her depth,...people do not want the wisdom of Aphrodite to get inside them." People don't an Aphrodite with wings.

The feminine Vajravarahi is associated with the naked, unstructured periphery of the universe, not the dense, structured, masculine form. To understand her, one must venture into the heart. Today, the heart is another aspect of the Sentient Being,...its a safe, patrifocal version of the heart.

There are IMO two aspects of female,...the man-made aspect, which is somewhat acceptable in a Patrifocal world,...and the Dakini,...the Sky Dancer. IMO everyone can access the Sky Dancer within them.

A Tantra Master said:

"The very qualities of being a disciple are the qualities which are feminine -- receptivity, openness, trust, love, a deep surrender. And if a man becomes a disciple, he will automatically grow qualities which are female. There is nothing wrong in it. Qualities are qualities, and all beautiful qualities are feminine -- love and trust and compassion and gratitude and surrender. All beautiful qualities are feminine.

It is not a question concerned with your sexuality; your being a male or female has many dimensions. One of the dimensions is that there are qualities intrinsic to females which make them easily disciples. There are men who have those qualities -- those qualities are not the monopoly of anybody. There are men who are more soft than any woman, more loving than any woman, more grateful than any woman -- but the qualities are feminine."

V

• Like 1

"people have become so thoroughly convinced"

Which people?

I reckon the TTB folks are maybe not the folks you mean?

Have you spoken with GIH (Gold is heavy?)

I think the extent to which people are convinced might be the extent to which they need to question things. Or worse.

It is not a question concerned with your sexuality; your being a male or female has many dimensions. One of the dimensions is that there are qualities intrinsic to females which make them easily disciples. There are men who have those qualities -- those qualities are not the monopoly of anybody. There are men who are more soft than any woman, more loving than any woman, more grateful than any woman -- but the qualities are feminine."

V

I do agree with this. The feminine spirit and its capacities for deeper sensitivity is indeed what has been oppressed. That particular spirit can be exemplified by either gender. It's a situation that is far more complex and nuanced than the "everyone with a penis is potentially an evil rapist bastard" divide and conquer view you find in mainstream media. When growing up I personally felt picked on for not being a sports/competition loving red-blooded American male.

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 2

So do men. Women require our sperm to make babies...they can't do it alone!

To equate it to the natural world, women's reproductive processes are like the soil and men's sperm are like the seed. Which is better? They work in unison...and are very different yet both essential for the outcome.

LOL yes we know that now. But there was a time when this biological truth was not known. At such a time women were distinctly held in higher regard.

Bottom line though, only through the gate of the female can human life come.

Please note that I am not advocating a superior status of women, just an equal honoring of the feminine which is distinctly lacking in today's society.

In another sense, men have the gift of creation moreso than women. Look at how many men are artists or musicians...a lot more men than women are creative.

WTF!!!

Are you serious??? :blink:

Consider the possibility that the ONLY reason why more men "appear" more prominently in the arts is because of the distortion of the partriarchal world-view that values masculine contribution more then than the feminine. This is still a residual effect of the Church's deliberate oppression of anything to do with the arts of women.

Like it or not champ, you are DEFINITELY buying into to this distorted worldview with your above comments.

I can agree with this, sort of. Although at least personally I consider you superior if you can find your bliss within a matter of minutes rather than hours. :lol: And what about the women who can't achieve orgasm (there is quite a large group...whereas I think all men are capable)?

pfft...

Men can only go 2 or 3 times a night at best which means they can only have 2-3 lovers a night. Women can have as many lovers as she wants.

Also, men lose more life essence through ejaculation then women do during normal sex. If a man comes 3 times in a row he will become depleted and weak, whereas a woman can come 5 times over and still be ready for more.

If a man ejaculates regularly over a period of couple of years his life energy will become depleted and become sick. Whereas a woman with the same sexual activity will probably improve in health because of the semen secretions absorbed from her man/men.

Bottom line again is that women are sexually superior, and this obviously scares the crap out of some men ;)

I take it that the rhythms of mystery have to do with bleeding every month. What advantage does this give them?

They are esteemed and venerated for becoming pregnant, and bleeding? (I'm going to discount the sexual idea, since it doesn't really apply)

If they were venerated for these things in ancient cultures, why should we venerate them in the modern day in our culture for these things?

As we know these days, it takes a sperm and an egg to create a child. If we simply look up at the moon we can see the natural cycles...we don't need the ole bleed-o-meter.

So I don't see the point of worshipping the feminine.

Women are more intuitive and sensitive to subtle energy. If all things are in tune then they will naturally bleed in harmony with the cycles of the moon. Thus they are more likely to be in tune with the rhythms of nature.

If Dao truly is simply nature then it is fairly straight forward that women are more likely to be intuitively more in tune with Dao than men. Thus we should honor women and their intuition and use it to guide us. That is the role women had in more natural societies ... they were nuturers of life, healers, and seers. They were the Oracle that helped us understand the subtle weave of life.

Laozi is both libertarian and feminist in his/her ideology, the whole text is infused with implicit references honoring and venerating the feminine. If you have any interest in Daoism at all then you must honor Laozi's guidance and at the very least consider closely why these implications are made.

I will again reiterate, I am not advocating ....

actually fuck it ....

scrub that ....

YES I am advocating that we should put women "on top" for awhile. We have had close on 3-millenia of the pendulum swinging too far in the direction of masculine-dominated ideology and as a result we have just about fucked this planet beyond all return. The sooner we have a critical movement toward the honoring of feminine spirit the better chance we have of pulling ourselves out of the head-long stampede towards the cliff that we are currently heading towards.

Civilizations have risen and fallen in the past, this time we might just take the whole planet with us. So as far as I am concerned....

Viva La Goddess!!!!

• Like 1

"If a man comes 3 times in a row "

Oh that I would wish for more of those :-)

----TMI alert -----

• Like 1

----TMI alert -----

ROFL !!! And with that I believe my point has been made ;)

• Like 1

Stig,

LOL yes we know that now. But there was a time when this biological truth was not known. At such a time women were distinctly held in higher regard.

Bottom line though, only through the gate of the female can human life come.

Please note that I am not advocating a superior status of women, just an equal honoring of the feminine which is distinctly lacking in today's society.

Well, if you're saying sexuality and reproduction should be kept sacred, I agree.

I don't really see how honoring the feminine is lacking in today's society.

WTF!!!

Are you serious???

Consider the possibility that the ONLY reason why more men "appear" more prominently in the arts is because of the distortion of the partriarchal world-view that values masculine contribution more then than the feminine. This is still a residual effect of the Church's deliberate oppression of anything to do with the arts of women.

Like it or not champ, you are DEFINITELY buying into to this distorted worldview with your above comments.

I'm very serious. I've considered that, and disagree with it.

In my experience, besides being less common...women artists/musicians aren't that interesting either, IN GENERAL.

In my view, this is because of who women inherently are. Genetically, or something. They are simply less creative, less dedicated to their art, and therefore less interesting.

Although I really do like some female artists and musicians. And to be clear I love and respect women...in this topic I'm basically just questioning why the feminine should be honored or worshipped.

pfft...

Men can only go 2 or 3 times a night at best which means they can only have 2-3 lovers a night. Women can have as many lovers as she wants.

So she is superior because of this?

Also, men lose more life essence through ejaculation then women do during normal sex. If a man comes 3 times in a row he will become depleted and weak, whereas a woman can come 5 times over and still be ready for more.

True, as far as I know.

If a man ejaculates regularly over a period of couple of years his life energy will become depleted and become sick. Whereas a woman with the same sexual activity will probably improve in health because of the semen secretions absorbed from her man/men.

Bottom line again is that women are sexually superior, and this obviously scares the crap out of some men

So sexuality-wise, the ability to have multiple orgasms makes a woman superior...if she can actually achieve them...nothing else. Fair enough.

Women are more intuitive and sensitive to subtle energy.

This is often said and assumed to be true, but I've found it to be highly untrue.

If all things are in tune then they will naturally bleed in harmony with the cycles of the moon. Thus they are more likely to be in tune with the rhythms of nature.

So is any man, although he doesn't bleed.

If Dao truly is simply nature then it is fairly straight forward that women are more likely to be intuitively more in tune with Dao than men. Thus we should honor women and their intuition and use it to guide us. That is the role women had in more natural societies ... they were nuturers of life, healers, and seers. They were the Oracle that helped us understand the subtle weave of life.

Hmmm...nurturers of life, I can accept. The rest is bogus and non-factual (at least on a widespread scale, maybe it's the case in some rare groups).

Laozi is both libertarian and feminist in his/her ideology, the whole text is infused with implicit references honoring and venerating the feminine. If you have any interest in Daoism at all then you must honor Laozi's guidance and at the very least consider closely why these implications are made.

I find the TTC to be very dense...we can only gain some understanding from it. Plus it's largely philosophical; having to do with politics; and also just the point of view of one Taoist.

So my interest in that book is minimal. I have my own approach to Taoism, which won't be shared here.

continued...

YES I am advocating that we should put women "on top" for awhile. We have had close on 3-millenia of the pendulum swinging too far in the direction of masculine-dominated ideology and as a result we have just about fucked this planet beyond all return. The sooner we have a critical movement toward the honoring of feminine spirit the better chance we have of pulling ourselves out of the head-long stampede towards the cliff that we are currently heading towards.

I simply don't see things the way that you do. I don't think we're headed towards a cliff...and if we were, I don't think honoring the feminine spirit (if such a thing exists) could solve it. But I'd be interested to hear your speculations as to how it could.

----TMI alert -----

Yeah, well, I wish for a girl that squirts at the same time as me. Too much to ask for? :blush:

Yeah, well, I wish for a girl that squirts at the same time as me. Too much to ask for? :blush:

Another thread in the toilet. Forget the Buddha forum,....perhaps TTB needs a potty forum.

Walter Russell: Attributes of Yang - Yin Dimensions

Yang......................................Yin

Space dimensions contract.......Space dimensions expand

Male Preponderance...............Female Preponderance

Temperature increase..............Temperature decrease

Pressure increase.....................Pressure Decrease

Ironization decreases...............ironization increases

Condensation/increasing mass.....Evaporation/decreasing mass

Centripetal.................................Centrafugal

Imploding.................................Exploding

inward.....................................outward

compressive..............................expansive

gravitative..................................radiative

IMO His list compliments my own. Another example of the Tao, in opposition to tradtional Daoist principles.

"The whole Universe is manifested through One Force divided into pulsations so that it appears to be two opposing forces that continually cycle in rhythmic balanced interchange to seek out balance and unity, but this is never the end result for if it were there would be no motion, and no life, and no Universe." Walter Russell

V

• Like 2

Hey now, don't just highlight my post! I was simply matching -K-'s post, from a male perspective.

Are you disgusted with the sexual functioning of women, V? It's for the "toilet" or "potty" only? What about the bedroom?

What about paying attention to the rest of the conversation, and not thinking a single side comment is capable of ruining an entire thread? :rolleyes:

Also consider: you're the one that's been talking in here of "cunts". Maybe this is a prime example of men's fear regarding women? Or their disgust with what women are? Talking about a woman squirting is gross or improper, whereas talking about a man having cumming 3 times in a row is fine?

I wonder if everyone here feels that way...and what the implications of that are...

• Like 1

Walter Russell: Attributes of Yang - Yin Dimensions

Yang......................................Yin

Space dimensions contract.......Space dimensions expand

Male Preponderance...............Female Preponderance

Temperature increase..............Temperature decrease

Pressure increase.....................Pressure Decrease

Ironization decreases...............ironization increases

Condensation/increasing mass.....Evaporation/decreasing mass

Centripetal.................................Centrafugal

Imploding.................................Exploding

inward.....................................outward

compressive..............................expansive

gravitative..................................radiative

IMO His list compliments my own. Another example of the Tao, in opposition to tradtional Daoist principles.

"The whole Universe is manifested through One Force divided into pulsations so that it appears to be two opposing forces that continually cycle in rhythmic balanced interchange to seek out balance and unity, but this is never the end result for if it were there would be no motion, and no life, and no Universe." Walter Russell

V

Oh I get it ... you are basing your whole argument on the pseudo new age science of someone who, according to his biography, has never actually studied anything about Daoism.

Brilliant!!!

So we should throw away 10000 years of spiritual evolution and all go join the "Walter Russell Home Study Course in Cosmic Consciousness" should we??

I can understand why some traditional Daoists get irritated at western "scientists" who waltz on in and take what ever they want from a tradition, twist it to suit their own purposes, and sell it to the masses all the whilst decrying the original as somehow flawed.

Sounds like western pharmacology which will pull out the active ingredients of a herb, patent it as a "new-found wonder drug", and then lobby the government to have the growing and selling of the original herb banned and outlawed.

Yeah well Vmarco, I am sorry, but bugger off with your shite!!! Seriously!!!

You are just another evangelist shouting on the street-corner, spewing out your rubbish.

I love your message about championing the feminine spirit, truly I do. But the rest is just bullshit.

Edited by Stigweard
  • Like 2

...but Daoist principles may not have gotten that far yet.

Speaking only for myself, I am still content with energy, Chi, with yin and yang being the polarities of this energy.

To me, light is just one of the aspects of energy.