Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

The Tomb of Osiris

Very interesting. Thanks for your effort. I dont think Fox news could hit the broad side of a barn in the search for truth, because there are alreay pretty much explicit instructions to reach immortality through Egyptian alchemy if they only saw what is already apparent. Perhaps they are looking for an engraved invitation at the end of a tunnel.

Either they are waiting for an engraved invitation(which is possible, Egyptologists are always saying "but show me a pottery shard or inscription and then I will believe you!"), or they don't want all of this information getting out. Any information that could prove that the Giza plateau could have been influenced from an outside source, is not allowed to be made public in the minds of the Egyptians and Egyptian government.

A crazy thought connection I had in regards to this.. in the following order..

1) The Osiris temples were in southern/"Upper Egypt" were possibly more African than the North which would have been more multi-cultural.

+

2) Right around the time that Ancient Egypt [which I'll call Khemet ("The Black Land") as that's what it was called during that time] was about to hit it's stride, the rulers (located at the time in southern Egypt and mostly worshiping Osiris) moved the kingdom to northern Egypt.

(I've read that Osiris apparently was worshiped apart from and before the other Khemetic divinities) anyhow..

knowing that the Khemetics were African...

3) Hopi prophecy says the black race bring the water (however you want to read that)

4) Mayans (not far from Arizona) prophecy a change for 2012

5) Khemetic Astrology puts The Age of Aquarius (The Water Bearer) around 2012

6) Khemetics, "Water Bearers", lived a very spiritually integrated lifestyle and carried their knowledge of spiritual renewal everywhere they went and may have been plagiarized by and/or highly influential to other religions.

7) The USA, with a majorly Freemason base (which heavily borrows from Khemetics) recently had a cultural revolution where black culture was again plagiarized (see rock and roll music) and provided a foundation to its cultural consciousness (really I don't know what you would call Culture in the US before rock and roll and the odd writer).

8) Western society has been "loosened up" enough to accept the need for a more spiritually conscious culture, and so the Aquarians/Water Bearers/Khemetics/Africans will bring more culture (Water) and restore its lost connection to itself/the universe...

(I've read that Osiris apparently was worshiped apart from and before the other Khemetic divinities) anyhow..

According to Egyptologists no mention of Osiris before 5th Dynasty ... so maybe hidden or came from somewhere else at that date ...

Traditionally Osiris' tomb was thought to be in the desert near Abydos where there was an annual festival which included a procession out into the Western desert to find this tomb.

According to Egyptologists no mention of Osiris before 5th Dynasty ... so maybe hidden or came from somewhere else at that date ...

Traditionally Osiris' tomb was thought to be in the desert near Abydos where there was an annual festival which included a procession out into the Western desert to find this tomb.

I'm not sure where I read about Osiris being worshiped earlier.. may have been comparing similarities to Ogun or nearby tribal gods.. unless it was about Ra or Horus resembling other gods. I'm pretty sure I've read that a few of the deities were worshiped separately before the inclusive mythology connected the whole cosmic history.

In "Osiris" by Wallis Budge (pub. 1911, 1st chapter) it says:

"It is unlikely that Abydos was the original home of the worship of Osiris, indeed there is good reason for thinking that it was not; but abundant evidence exists to show that the town was one of the principal centres of his cult from the beginning to the end of the Dynastic Period."

I don't see what evidence he's referring to though.. Later Egyptologists may have had better evidence, however.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I'm not sure where I read about Osiris being worshiped earlier.. may have been comparing similarities to Ogun or nearby tribal gods.. unless it was about Ra or Horus resembling other gods. I'm pretty sure I've read that a few of the deities were worshiped separately before the inclusive mythology connected the whole cosmic history.

In "Osiris" by Wallis Budge (pub. 1911, 1st chapter) it says:

"It is unlikely that Abydos was the original home of the worship of Osiris, indeed there is good reason for thinking that it was not; but abundant evidence exists to show that the town was one of the principal centres of his cult from the beginning to the end of the Dynastic Period."

I don't see what evidence he's referring to though.. Later Egyptologists may have had better evidence, however.

It is interesting that Osiris worship seems to have sprung fully formed out of nowhere ... the Egyptologists have tried to link him to other gods such as Khenti-Amentiu who he later assimilated but this is feeble really given the importance of Osiris throughout dynastic Egypt (form Dyn, 5 onwards). Osiris is a major figure in the Pyramid Texts (end of 5th Dyn and 6th Dyn) ... so major in fact that he must have had a cult before that but there is no record been found.

In the myth of Osiris he is killed by his brother Set and his body cut up into pieces. The pieces were scattered all over Egypt and so there are a number of cult centres associated with different parts of him ... e.g. Djedu (his spine), Abydos (his head) and so on. Isis and Nephthys aided by Thoth collected these pieces and reassembled his body ... the only bit they couldn't find was his penis (!) which they replaced with a magic one so that Isis could conceive Horus.

P.S. Budge is a useful resource for most people because he is freely available the copyright having expired on his works ... but he is unreliable and obviously > 100 years out of date in terms of modern research (much of which is very good and not all conspiracy).

"much of which is very good and not all conspiracy"

I keep wondering "why bother" with conspirational (sp?) stuff when it comes to history? There's that old saw that "history is written by the victors" and I suppose i can see a 'use' for it in the past (ironically :-)) when people were perhaps less curious and gobbed it all much more easily.

Now it seems (IMO) folks are becoming conspiracy theorists left right and centre. Or maybe that's just North American's :lol: I wonder to what extent it's really worth doing any revisionist treatment of anything much. I mean you end up having to admit it at some point further down the road, so why bother? And especially about Egyptian tombs and gods and practices. Would the truth (that they'd been had and they were all just playing a silly game with little serious practice value to it ;-)) really upset the Freemasons that much?

It is interesting that Osiris worship seems to have sprung fully formed out of nowhere ... the Egyptologists have tried to link him to other gods such as Khenti-Amentiu who he later assimilated but this is feeble really given the importance of Osiris throughout dynastic Egypt (form Dyn, 5 onwards). Osiris is a major figure in the Pyramid Texts (end of 5th Dyn and 6th Dyn) ... so major in fact that he must have had a cult before that but there is no record been found.

In the myth of Osiris he is killed by his brother Set and his body cut up into pieces. The pieces were scattered all over Egypt and so there are a number of cult centres associated with different parts of him ... e.g. Djedu (his spine), Abydos (his head) and so on. Isis and Nephthys aided by Thoth collected these pieces and reassembled his body ... the only bit they couldn't find was his penis (!) which they replaced with a magic one so that Isis could conceive Horus.

P.S. Budge is a useful resource for most people because he is freely available the copyright having expired on his works ... but he is unreliable and obviously > 100 years out of date in terms of modern research (much of which is very good and not all conspiracy).

I can't really say I would leave it to popular Egyptologists to look for Osirian attributes in the pantheon of some nearby tribes, but it's easier to grasp than E.Ts.

Though I don't want to start a long futile debate about evidence based theories (not necessarily involving conspiracy to cover it up), I will say that a lot of the Afrocentric Egyptologists are not taken seriously just because they change the whole playing field and so people would rather deride than listen to what they have to say and change their perception of the world (not aiming that at you -K-, just the way it goes in the mainstream..). Of course there are zealous speculators but there's usually some (perhaps unexplained) evidence behind most of the theorizing, so if people don't want to consider it and just live in the present, that's cool... the present will still change as time goes on and the past RETURNS!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:P

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I didn't feel anything directed at me HE. I'm just in the mood for pondering things like this. What would have changed had the real story of the tomb of Osiris come out and why bother not telling it in the first place?

And why bother building stucco film sets every time one wants to explain artifacts?

There are some honking lies in the history business, one I can think of right off is Piltdown man. And there seem to me to be lots of conspiracy theorists around most topics. But maybe they hang around historical stuff more because it's hard enough in the first place to figure out what you might be looking at, let alone what it was for, how it worked, where it came from and when:-)

the only bit they couldn't find was his penis (!) which they replaced with a magic one so that Isis could conceive Horus.

Are you sure that's accurate? They probably just couldn't see it cause it was so small.

oh ah zing

Are you sure that's accurate? They probably just couldn't see it cause it was so small.

oh ah zing

It was swallowed by a fish! Don't know how big that fish was ... maybe not enormous but nothing to be ashamed of :) ...

I didn't feel anything directed at me HE. I'm just in the mood for pondering things like this. What would have changed had the real story of the tomb of Osiris come out and why bother not telling it in the first place?

And why bother building stucco film sets every time one wants to explain artifacts?

There are some honking lies in the history business, one I can think of right off is Piltdown man. And there seem to me to be lots of conspiracy theorists around most topics. But maybe they hang around historical stuff more because it's hard enough in the first place to figure out what you might be looking at, let alone what it was for, how it worked, where it came from and when:-)

I think most of the 'conspiracy' is just blinkered thinking. For instance there was a famous Egyptologist called Sethe who interpreted all Egyptian religion as being about political disputes between tribal factions e.g. the Osirians versus the Ra worshipers and so on. Really (IMO) what he was reading were texts on what we would call inner alchemy ... but Sethe had no idea about this and could not be expected to know I suppose. So he wrote many books on his theories and people assumed he knew what he was talking about ... but no-one agrees with him now because the linguistic studies and more research have shown that he was getting it wrong.

Another example is Mr. Budge (who everyone reads) saw a kind of power struggle between Osiris and Ra. But now we understand that more or less the same relationship between these two gods existed throughout Egyptian history ... that they exist in a kind of dynamic tension in which they regenerate and support each other ... this was how the Egyptians understood reality as being composed of these forces interacting. There was no historical power struggle.

When they find something which really blows apart their understanding they do like to hide it until they feel comfortable with explaining it though.

Scientists have formed a particular general view about human history ... they are confident that they are right about how we developed. But I think we can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are wrong ... simply because every theory is displaced sooner or later by a new one.

"Scientists have formed a particular general view about human history ... they are confident that they are right about how we developed. But I think we can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are wrong ... simply because every theory is displaced sooner or later by a new one. "

Oh that was very good:-)

Sign in to follow this