Sign in to follow this  
AЯAB

Jim Carrey declaring his love for Emma Stone?

Creeeeeeeeeepy :P

If he was going to declare his love, he should have just been like "hey, Emma, you're hot, hit me up sometime". Not even that... good lord, he's a rich famous dude.

Not only that, but he tries to play it off as some joke/stunt. "Was I being serious? Was I joking? Yes. Lololololol". Trying to turn it into some commentary about how real comedy always hits close to home, blah blah blah blah blah? Bullshit. Seriously, weak.

If he was going to make it a "joke", he could have laid it on a bit thick in a few places, and we would have gotten it.

Also, having a camera jammed right up in his face is creepy and off putting. Even watching it on a tv 20 feet away, I still felt like I was too close to his face. Ups the creep factor.

yea. love is creepy. genuine emotion and expression is just the creepiest damn thing in the universe.

look..., ok as for the creepy comment, it sucks how people can call things creepy when the guy is probably just being honest. Maybe he tried to make it look kinda creepy also, especially with that face at the end. Not sure.

Whatever though... I guess he wasn't "cool enough", or non-commital enough. I guess people don't take genuine expression well. Or people just like to be as casual as possible, never serious. Not for a damn thing.

it's like people don't want to grow up. Anytime someone expresses something genuine someone is going to call it creepy, etc.

Especially because men, especially in the states have to compete for women with fickle minds, only going for the bad boy rock stars, or the rich men. So it leaves a lot of men left out. And a lot of people willing to make fun of them.

Then you've got George Sodini type characters and now you all regret having made a monster. The same kind of monster that was supposed to be just a joke...

I MEAN SHEESH EVERYONE IS HUMAN.

Edited by Non
  • Like 1

yea. love is creepy.

look..., ok as for the creepy comment, it sucks how people can call it creepy when the guy is probably just being honest. Maybe he tried to make it look kinda creepy also, especially with that face at the end. Not sure.

Whatever though... I guess he wasn't "cool enough", or non-commital enough.

You can be honest without sounding creepy or needy. I'm a guy, and I could hardly stand watching that video. It gave me an uneasy feeling. Imagine being a female recipient to that- instant restraining order.

Like I've said in your other threads, people, man or woman, romantic relationship or other relationship, don't like it when someone else relies on them to bear up their emotions. It puts too much of a burden on them. People have enough responsibility in their lives, people have enough worries in their lives, they don't need to bear your problems in their shoulders.

Which is why, when you have this heartfelt crush on some girl, and you just come out with this declaration of love, what is she supposed to do about that? Unless she secretly feels that way for you too, you've just emotionally dumped all over her. NOBODY LIKES THAT!

So Jim Carrey thinks that Emma Stone is beautiful and hot, what is she supposed to do with that? So he thinks about her and the kids they could haves what is she supposed to do with that? He gets gray hairs in his beard- is there anything that she can do about that? He thinks about sex with her- aside from that obsessive thought being kid of creepy, and aside from her actually hooking up with him, what is she supposed to do about that?

And to top it all off, he draws attention to the creepiness of him being an older guy thinking about sex and babies with a younger girl. And our culture is kind of funny about that. In practice, (much?) older guys get with (much?) younger girls get together all the time. But we don't acknowledge that rhetorically. Rhetorically, we're all about that "equality" with men and women getting together on "equal" terms, and that if there's some imbalance of more than a few years, we're outwardly uncomfortable with it.

So, all around, Jim Carrey just came off looking like a creep. And this is a guy saying that. Maybe if you're significantly rich enough you could pull it off. But any other guy (as in, normal, everyday guy) tries to pull that shit? Expect girls to stay at least 50 feet away from you for a good couple of years.

I guess genuine emotions in this society are always associated with creepiness and immaturity.

Well ok, now that I think about it again. Yea he's kinda old. That's kinda creepy. Also the faces he made which made him look.. too serious like at the end when his chin was moving. I think that was a joke.. but maybe it wasn't.

IMO I guess it's just because I thought of it as a joke that I don't really take it seriously.

But even so, if this was a young guy saying all this, I bet people would be saying he was just as creepy.

And it's not even being needy. How is Jim Carey being needy?

Anyways.. this is kinda the effect that all women have on men. Good men. Not the player types.

Well I guess I just feel kinda sorry for Jim if this was real. Even if so everyone deserves generosity.

Edited by Non

I know just about every guy grows up having to modify the natural actions trhgouh which he expresses genuine emotions/feelings, just to fit in with the crowd and make it look cool and indifferent/aloof, etc. to the popular crowd.

The moment a person is serious you're a fuckin WEIRDO CREEP LOSER PEDOPHILE STALKER RAPIST NEEDY VIRGIN SMALL PENIS GEORGE SODINI NICE GUY BETA/OMEGA MALE BLABLABLA

etc

Edited by Non
  • Like 1

I guess I'm old fashioned.

Or I don't know. I may be unrealistic.

People expect me to have hardened my heart, and be aloof, and treat it all like a game because there's no such thing as monogamy, trust, etc.

The moment you show that you believe in truth and love you are seen as being a creeper. Immature, clueless, bla bla, etc.

Don't take all my words too seriously. A lot of it is wordplay.

Edited by Non

I guess genuine emotions in this society are always associated with creepiness and immaturity.

Immature, clueless, bla bla, etc.

There is a mature, "grown up" way to express emotions, and there is an immature way.

The mature way of expressing emotions is knowing how your emotional expression will affect others. Sometimes, the "mature" thing to do is to act. Sometimes, the "mature" thing to do is to not act. Perhaps it is a social construct which defines "maturity" and whatever. But honestly, does it even matter?

Emotionally dumping on someone is going to want to make them get away from you in 99% of the cases. That is a fact. You can either acknowledge that and act accordingly, or you can not acknowledge/act, or you can remove yourself as much as you can from the system. Lamenting about the system gets you nowhere. Fast.

I didn't take it as a joke, because it seemed to be too real. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are going to go into comedy/acting rhetoric mode, saying "but the best comedy/acting hits close to home, and feeds off genuine human emotions of the comedian/actor".

He already tweeted something along the lines of "was it real or was it an act? yes". Which basically means that was what he was feeling. Which means that saying "oh, it was a joke/act" doesn't mean that he doesn't feel that way.

Which means that it doesn't change the fact that he just emotionally dumped on someone who had absolutely no power to do anything in the situation. He made her responsible for the feelings, but she can't do anything about it. That is an immature, irresponsible, and downright creepy way to go about what he did.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Lol, clearly this dude is a classic AFC.

Previously, he used his fame and wealth as a crutch to score chicks. Which ironically only delayed his own inner development. So now he's 49, lonely and desperate-sounding - with no real relationship skills. And still a socially-awkward, clueless AFC.

Sure, 50 years ago - he wouldn't even have to sink this low to try to score some babes. Simply being a rich, famous dude would have been enough. But after 50 years of progressive disempowerment of beta males - even a wealthy, famous, straight White male (supposedly the peak of power in society today) - has been reduced to a sexual beggar! :lol:

So, a 26-yo girl now >>>>>> this 49-yo multimillionaire male!

Grrrls Gone Wild >>> Baby Boomer Beta Males! :lol:

This is why it's TRUE when they say that all the answers are really INSIDE you! Forget what the IIIuminati tries to convince you of! Chasing money, power & worldly "success" outside yourself is ultimately a wild goose chase of false idols!!

Edited by vortex

Lol, clearly this dude is a classic AFC.

Previously, he used his fame and wealth as a crutch to score chicks. Which ironically only delayed his own inner development. So now he's 49, lonely and desperate-sounding - with no real relationship skills. And still a socially-awkward, clueless AFC.

Sure, 50 years ago - he wouldn't even have to sink this low to try to score some babes. Simply being a rich, famous dude would have been enough. But after 50 years of progressive disempowerment of beta males - even a wealthy, famous, straight White male (supposedly the peak of power in society today) - has been reduced to a sexual beggar! :lol:

So, a 26-yo girl now >>>>>> this 49-yo multimillionaire male!

Grrrls Gone Wild >>> Baby Boomer Beta Males! :lol:

This is why it's TRUE when they say that all the answers are really INSIDE you! Forget what the IIIuminati tries to convince you of! Chasing money, power & worldly "success" outside yourself is ultimately a wild goose chase of false idols!!

Except that he's not an unattractive person, has most of his hair, and really doesn't look that old. If he would pull that camera out of his face, we wouldn't see the lines as clearly, and we wouldn't be overwhelmed by his presence in the first place. Yes, "personal space" applies to the camera. With him so close it feels like he is violating our personal space. And NOBODY likes that. Especially from a stranger. Who is creepily telling us things about the sex and the children he'd like to have with us.

So, um, yeah, he could still get a lot of women based on what he has now :lol: He could probably get Emma Stone too if he wasn't being such a creeper about it :lol: Maybe he's just gotten used to his handicap of fame and money when it comes to women, and now that he's got his sights set on a gal who also has fame and money, he's suddenly out of options :lol:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

There is a mature, "grown up" way to express emotions, and there is an immature way.

The mature way of expressing emotions is knowing how your emotional expression will affect others. Sometimes, the "mature" thing to do is to act. Sometimes, the "mature" thing to do is to not act. Perhaps it is a social construct which defines "maturity" and whatever. But honestly, does it even matter?as it real or was it an act? yes". Which basically means that was what he was feeling. Which means that saying "oh, it was a joke/act" doesn't mean that he doesn't feel that way.

Yea actually maturity in this society usually equates to things like: act like a brute, like you've hardened your heart, be vulgar, because that's what grown ups do.

Like when you see the only difference between a rated G movie and a rated R movie being things like sexual content, put together with vulgarities, and nonsense.

So what does that mean? Grown ups do shit? It's grown up to be that way?

Yea actually maturity in this society usually equates to things like: act like a brute, like you've hardened your heart, be vulgar, because that's what grown ups do.

Like when you see the only difference between a rated G movie and a rated R movie being things like sexual content, put together with vulgarities, and nonsense.

So what does that mean? Grown ups do shit? It's grown up to be that way?

Immature, emotionally weak, creepy method of doing it:

- I love you, I've always loved you

- But we'll never both be in love (telling her what she's going to do

- Think about all the sex we're going to have (breaching the subject of sex before you get to know someone- creepy)

- And think of the children (how do you know she wants to do that with her body?)

- Every day you would be thankful for having me in your life (again, telling her what she's going to do)

- I'm too old for you (calling attention to age which isn't always a no-go)

- I get gray in my beard and blah blah (calling out negatives beforehand is a sure way to get rejected)

- Everything else Jim Carrey did

Basically, you are using her for your emotional fix, but rather than actually getting her opinion, you project onto her what you think she is going to say. Really, you have turned her into a fantasy object that you get off to, but in your mind, she will always deny you in real life. Her thoughts and opinions are removed from the equation. She has no will of her own, and she can do nothing in the situation (short of send a creepy video of her own).

Mature, emotionally healthy, non-creepy method of doing it:

- I have noticed your developing career

- You are quite a beautiful actress

- You seem to be intelligent and well spoken

- You seem to be getting good roles recently

- I'd like to hear some of you thoughts on *whatever*

- How about we meet sometime, as we don't seem to be in the same social circles

- I think it'd be great if we got to know each other

Friendly, inviting, no expectations on her part, no signs of a creepy obsession, no sexual thoughts, etc etc etc. If you get together and there is real chemistry and you detect things heating up, THEN you start talkin' more seriously romantic. Making that move beforehand? Creepy.

Basically, in the mature way, you express interest without telling her what she's thinking or what she's going to do. You point out stuff that anyone with eyes and ears can tell, so it doesn't seem like you've been following her in an obsessed way. At the same time, you leave plenty of avenues open for her to act, for her to display herself in the way that she chooses to, without burdening her to fulfill you emotionally.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

"I love you, I've always loved you"

what's wrong with this one if said by itself?

"I love you, I've always loved you"

what's wrong with this one if said by itself?

It's too much, especially if the love is not reciprocated.

It puts a burden on her to fulfill or not fulfill. That's too much for someone who you don't even know (and if you need to make a video to tell someone something like that, you don't know them well enough to use that line).

Very few people, men or women, are going to be willing to take on that kind of a responsibility to fulfill you emotionally, especially if they have no real reason to. They are going to be put off by an uncalled for display of emotion, and subsequently avoid you.

Which will of course guarantee that you're going to be left unfulfilled, and, over time, if it happens enough, resentful. You're going to assume failure before you even start.

People don't like commitment unless they're ready for it, or they've felt like they've worked up to that point. Love is a commitment. It's a very heavy, loaded word. It has many meanings, and many facets. People aren't just going to "walk into it". So even if you DO love somebody, but you aren't BOTH at that level, then keep your trap shut about it. Get to know them, work your way too that, let them express interest, and, after some time has passed, start to let them know how you feel emotionally.

Then, after you've been in a committed relationship for about 5 to 7 years, THEN tell them that "you've always loved them" from, say, "the first moment I saw you leaving the 7-11 where I worked that one summer when you were wearing that hot bikini and I thought of my face buried in your...."

heh.

Well...

It's not like what I feel for a girl is always going to be "I want to fuck". Maybe sex, but a different kind of sex like karezza... but, sex to most people is just "fucking", even if it's 'loving sex' it's still "fucking".

I guess I don't know how to express this feeling. "Strong feelings, dear feelings". whatever.

I know.. love is something you say like, when you're old. because young peple don't love, ie the idea is that it's for old folks. Or people who have fucked each other until their genitals are inside out and sexual union is just about the only way they can feel comfortable. Well that's even kinda normal for non-coupled people.

Edited by Non

heh.

Well...

It's not like what I feel for a girl is always going to be "I want to fuck". Maybe sex, but a different kind of sex like karezza... but, sex to most people is just "fucking", even if it's 'loving sex' it's still "fucking".

No, I think most people DO pick up that there is a difference. And there's a reason why they just say "fucking"- because that's what they are doing.

There's a reason why it sometimes sounds awkward to say "having sex" or "making love"- it's because, if you feel awkward, that's probably not what you're doing! So that most people just say "fucking" is indicative of the kind of sex they are having, not that they don't comprehend that there are other types.

Sign in to follow this