Lux ferre

Ejaculation frequency

Hello everybody,

I'm 28 and I'm wondering how often is it OK to ejaculate if I want to reach a good level in Tao.

For now, I've been working this out for 3 months and I've been going pass the point of no return 3 times (I did my best ! ;-)) (My Microcosmic orbit is not yet open properly)

What are your recommandations ?

Thank you in advance for your advice :-)

Hello everybody,

1. I'm 28 and I'm wondering how often is it OK to ejaculate if I want to reach a good level in Tao.

2. For now, I've been working this out for 3 months and I've been going pass the point of no return 3 times (I did my best ! ;-)) (My Microcosmic orbit is not yet open properly)

1. If you are very healthy, three times in a day, the most, is acceptable. The least should be one or two times a day. Other than that, it will hurt your body if you do it more than two days in the roll. The next cycle should be three days after the last.

Without three to five years of Chi Kung(MCO-1) practice, ejaculate too often will not help you to keep up the performance.

2. Do you understand why the Microcosmic orbit is not yet open properly...??? It cannot be accomplished in three months and especially without doing any breathing method.

Edited by ChiDragon

Hello everybody,

I'm 28 and I'm wondering how often is it OK to ejaculate if I want to reach a good level in Tao.

For now, I've been working this out for 3 months and I've been going pass the point of no return 3 times (I did my best ! ;-)) (My Microcosmic orbit is not yet open properly)

HI Lux,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "pass the point of no return". Are you sexually stimulating yourself and then trying to use that sexual energy for MCO?

Anyway, it sounds like you are trying to do some advanced stuff from things learned in books. I am going to repost something I posted in the Retention thread in the general discussion

Be aware that what I am going to share is my opinion based on my experience. I was celibate for 6 1/2 years. So, if I donwplay retention it is not from a place of no experience. I understand why many people want to practice retention.

First let me echo that moderation is OK and you haven't failed or lost anything by just being human. It is still possible to practice retention by limiting your sexual stimulation. If your natural inclination is to release say, four times a week, try reducing it to two. You will still gain benefits from the practice even of you are releasing twice a week.

If you are limiting ejaculation for energetic reasons, that's great but IME, whatever benefits you receive are not always necessarily energetic ones. Often times, (and this was true for me) retention had greater emotional effects than physical ones. And just 'cause you feel some physical effect that you interpret as a benefit, it may not mean you are actually achieving anything on a long term energetic level. If you find a good energy practice and a good teacher you may not even need retention at all. I can't stress this enough.

IME, retention is far, far overrated.

IME, a good energy system is far preferable than any kind of retention. IME, if someone or any system say that you need to retain to make gains in their practice, then I would say, find a better practice. They are out there.

I am not saying that any retention is bad. But do not try to practice retention while stimulating yourself. If you want to avoid release, then abstain from any sexual stimulation. The techniques that teach one how to stimulate themselves sexually and then suggest that you then suppress the urge to release and then pretend to teach you how to move that stimulated semen up the spine or what have you is PURE NONSENSE. Once you stimulate the sexual fluids, They need to be released. if you do not release them, you will only heat up your system and cause damage to yourself. The unreleased, activated heated up semen stays in your body and rots. The physical sensations that people have of increased energy etc... Is only the temporary side effect of having heated up your system with excess yang energy. It will literally burn you out from within.

If you are practicing any techniques that are designed to block orgasms like the "million dollar" point. These kinds of exercises can cause severe and permanent damage.

So, I don't know what you mean by retention. But, IME, unless you have a physical, qualified teacher who can teach you how to achieve internal alchemy (which is what you mean by transmutation) then I would simply suggest that you reduce your sexual activity and then release when your urges become distracting. There is nothing wrong with choosing to be single and focusing on self-improvement. If sexual drives are strong, IME, you are much better off finding a loving partner and learning how to have meditative and healing sex.

Books are great for alot of things, But not when it comes to sexual kung fu,. The vast majority of what you find in books about sexual kung fu was actually primitive forms of birth control that have absolutely nothing to do with internal alchemy.

Find a good system and be a normal human. That is all that is required and you can make huge progress..

my.02

LUX, IME, the stuff in books teaching you to restrict ejaculation in conjunction with MCO meditation techniques are very overrated. Most of the sensations of Qi people get solely from exercises in books have little to no long term benefit. IMO, If you really want to open the MCO, find yourself a qualified Qigong, Tai Chi or Ba Gua teacher. Those disciplines if taught correctly will naturally open the MCO. IME, I suggest don't waste time ONLY with books. Find a teacher.

Good luck

ChiDragon,

Where does the following information come from?

1. If you are very healthy, three times in a day, the most, is acceptable. The least should be one or two times a day. Other than that, it will hurt your body if you do it more than two days in the roll. The next cycle should be three days after the last.

You have only been taught breathing and taiji.

Why are you discussing anything having to do with ejaculation and the Tao? You are spreading disinformation.

To be clear: suggesting that people should ejaculate at the very least one or two times per day is potentially too much for some. I have never heard a Taoist or a Chinese medicine doctor ever suggest this.

I've heard them suggest once every 3 days at most.

Then, there is the study which says testosterone levels spike 7 days after ejaculation.

And then there are Taoist alchemists, who tend to recommend once a week at the minimum, once a month at the maximum, or else complete celibacy.

• Like 1

ChiDragon,

Where does the following information come from?

1. You have only been taught breathing and taiji.

2. Why are you discussing anything having to do with ejaculation and the Tao? You are spreading disinformation.

3. To be clear: suggesting that people should ejaculate at the very least one or two times per day is potentially too much for some. I have never heard a Taoist or a Chinese medicine doctor ever suggest this.

4. I've heard them suggest once every 3 days at most.

5. Then, there is the study which says testosterone levels spike 7 days after ejaculation.

6. And then there are Taoist alchemists, who tend to recommend once a week at the minimum, once a month at the maximum, or else complete celibacy.

1. If you understand how the Taoist define Microcosmic Orbit, then you will know what I meant.

2. You are right, the question was about ejaculation, it has nothing to do Tao. I was answering the former not the latter.

3. I was only referring to a strong healthy person or the practitioners in a state of high level of Chi Kung .

4. That was suggested for an ordinary person.

5. Yes, testosterone levels spike 7 days after ejaculation, but the sperms takes three days to reach maturity.

6. That is an open issue.

Edited by ChiDragon

For me i bust a nut once every 3 months and 9 days. I found this works best because whenever you bust a nut it basically takes nine days to get back to where you were before you busted the nut.

I still have sex in the meantime but i do taoist sex methods to retain my ejaculation.

Ever since I started this method my practice has sky rocketed.

1. If you understand how the Taoist define Microcosmic Orbit, then you will know what I meant.

:wacko: Do you?

Probably best to stick to your area of (relative) expertise...taiji.

2. You are right, the question was about ejaculation, it has nothing to do Tao. I was answering the former not the latter.

Ejaculation has a lot to do with the Tao, which is why it's being discussed here.

By the way, do you know what Tao is?

3. I was only referring to a strong healthy person or the practitioners in a state of high level of Chi Kung .

And where did you get that information from for healthy people?

4. That was suggested for an ordinary person.

It was actually suggested for all people by a few Chinese medicine sources.

5. Yes, testosterone levels spike 7 days after ejaculation, but the sperms takes three days to reach maturity.

The SPERMS take 3 days to reach maturity??? Where does that information come from? You are just making things up now!

6. That is an open issue.

That's what we're trying to discuss. Not how often to ejaculate if you practice taijiquan.

Hey Scotty... with you... and now I finally understand why the 'disinformation' thread was raised. The information passed off at times is actually dangerous to people's health... but grab some popcorn and enjoy the trailer; the one playing for a few months is: "I may come across as a xenophobe or homophobe or one who is a self-taught expert on Qi (chaotic concept), MCO (a mystery), Shen (forget that)... but I will teach the masses the truth based on the DDJ bible... according to MY SOURCES".

take it easy on him, his sperms are immature! :D :D

Hey !!! Be easy on him!!!! He is an expert in sperm :D

he is self-proclaimed as 30 years expert in Taiji Qigong...

At 3x a day, for 30 years... yes, I used my iphone to calculate B)

That is 30,850 ejaculations... he must be quite strong...

OH!! sorry... that is mathematical calculation based on assumption.

I think ChiDragon should tell us what ejaculations he/she has followed as a prescription for 30 years... He/She can round it as necessary for easy understanding.

Hello Lux, since you are a new member of the forum, I'll mention that you can use the search box up near the top of the page to search the archives for previous discussions on this topic. I think that you will discover a copious load of information on this subject, as it has been discussed ad nauseam.

Thanks for all your answers :)

@fiveelementtao : yes I'm practicing the cool draw early in the morning (really strong cold feeling when doing it) and several times a week, I do the big draw so when aroused getting close to ejaculation but then doing the big draw through the MCO then storing into the dan tien and I think this is where it's not working as good because my MCO is not wide open.

I've read somewhere that the aroused energy was more dense so harder to circulate through the MCO, this might be one cause why I don't feel it anywhere close to what I feel on the cool draw.

So far, I've been into Tao for 3 months so I"m more than a beginner compare to you guys and so far I've been masturbating or having sex everyday with ejaculation 1 time per month but I know I can do better than that using the cool draw more often as when I do it I don't feel my sex drive that intense and I can skip a day or two with one cool draw.

Anyway I'll follow dainin advice and search more through archives.

Keep up with the good energy :)

OH!! sorry... that is mathematical calculation based on assumption.

Oh...

In that case, Please exclude the weekends and holidays in your calculation... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your answers :)

@fiveelementtao : yes I'm practicing the cool draw early in the morning (really strong cold feeling when doing it) and several times a week, I do the big draw so when aroused getting close to ejaculation but then doing the big draw through the MCO then storing into the dan tien and I think this is where it's not working as good because my MCO is not wide open.

I've read somewhere that the aroused energy was more dense so harder to circulate through the MCO, this might be one cause why I don't feel it anywhere close to what I feel on the cool draw.

So far, I've been into Tao for 3 months so I"m more than a beginner compare to you guys and so far I've been masturbating or having sex everyday with ejaculation 1 time per month but I know I can do better than that using the cool draw more often as when I do it I don't feel my sex drive that intense and I can skip a day or two with one cool draw.

Anyway I'll follow dainin advice and search more through archives.

Keep up with the good energy :)

Re-read what 5ET wrote. Try discarding work with aroused sex energy altogether. Also, extra energy in the system means ramped up energy for your emotions, especially negative such as worry, hastiness, anger, grief, fear. This is why six healing sounds and then Fusion are vital to this whole process, if you are going to stay with healing tao curriculum. My experience with M.Chia's practices is in accord with what Mike is telling you. Get REALLY good with the cool draw and use it regularly to circulate energy. Find a qualified internal martial arts instructor who can take you much farther than any instructor who is specialized only in H.T. training. Do the inner smile with the goal of really getting in touch with all parts of the body. Then you can detect when energy states change. And energy states WILL change dramatically when/if you use orgasmic upward draw. Personally I am married so I usually use body awareness and familiarity with level of heat to achieve control when I want to draw things out so to speak, but almost always have ejaculatory sex after some time of circulating energy together. There are many other perspectives and methods which are as valid or more so than M.Chia's approach. reuniting.com has a lot of valid info to look at and the use of Kareeza technique to keep things less heated up always is also a valid approach if both partners are willing to radically shift their approach.

I could go on but keep researching and try to see the possibility at least that Chia may not be correct in his approach here.

Good luck

Craig

Oh...

In that case, Please exclude the weekends and holidays in your calculation... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:blink:

Odd. I have more sexual activity on weekends and holidays than I do on the weekdays.

2x the normal amount Friday nights, 2x the normal amount Saturday, and 1.5 the normal amount on Sunday (have to get ready for the week!)

Of course, if Monday is off, then 2x for Sunday, 1.5 on Monday. Friday off, 2x Thursday night, 2x Friday..... and so on. You get the idea.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong :mellow:

I'm going to come out and say that I don't have any experience with the MCO styles and the various types of draws (cold, big, etc). I tend to go with practices that are more about "feeling" and stuff, so in that sense, I can't recommend a hard and fast (hehe) rule for you to follow.

I'll say to listen to the body. It has its natural rhythms, ups and downs. There is very little point in trying to stave off ejaculation if your body is on the brink of exploding. You'll either fail and get all depressed (tons of threads about that), or else stagnate. If you exacerbate the problem by stimulating without release, well like 5ET said, you're going to burn up from the inside, right after you get the idea that you have attained "power" status.

It's also pointless to try to engage in sexual activity if you aren't feeling it, just because "oh look, it's my every X week ejaculation time, I better get to it!"

First and foremost, listen to your body, and you'll get an idea of where to start. If you are trying to train yourself to get into a new routine, again, listen to your body. You'll know if you're going too fast or aren't going fast enough.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

Hey !!! Be easy on him!!!! He is an expert in sperm :D

oh im sure. a veritable spermologist! "we've stalked the wild sperm to its natural habitat, the testicle! can we get a close up of these things, they look FEROCIOUS!"

That is 30,850 ejaculations... he must be quite strong...

well he should be, what with that degree in spermology and all. now MY sperm only take a day and a half to mature, so i bust about five nuts a day, except on wednesday which i have officially renamed "the sperm sabbath" on which i bust ten or fifteen for good measure. i've been doing it since i was two, and im thirty-three now! that math will CRASH your iphone! i think ive got ol chidragon beat by a couple ejaculations, so i therefore declare myself SUPREME SPERM EXPERT IN CHIEF FOR LIFE. you can call me mister sperm for short. or "his sperminess". or magnificent one. whichever you prefer!

I think ChiDragon should tell us what ejaculations he/she has followed as a prescription for 30 years... He/She can round it as necessary for easy understanding.

oh i don't think such things will ever be easy to understand...

• Like 1

1. If you are very healthy, three times in a day, the most, is acceptable. The least should be one or two times a day.

So basically, don't retain semen. :D

Lux, I think there are two ways to go about semen retention. One is by following the methods provided by the various models taught by Taoist teachers/texts, and the other is the one Sloppy Zhang touched upon where you do what you feel comfortable with. Which is the best way? You know better than anyone else here. Trust yourself. But the retention of semen IS important for the Taoist who chooses to walk the path. Most practicing Taoists I know attempt to go 100 days between ejaculation. It's not easy and as another member has said before, you shouldn't feel guilty about it if you ejaculate more frequently than you'd like to.

• Like 1

Thanks Craig and Hyok :)

I had heard about the 100 days , my record is 35 days but 100 looks like attainable.

About the work with the aroused energy, I've been doing it for 3 months and it's true that if you leave the energy in the head then emotions start to increase (for me it was anger) but if I stock in the dan tien then it's OK.

So what are your personal records on retention ?

• Like 1

You can disregard most of what you read here about sexuality... there are a lot of people with opinions influenced by fear and norms/conditioning and they call these things facts... and very few people that actually have any 1-1 time with a master.

5ET is experienced, Michael Lomax is experienced(yamu), Seth Ananda, Susan carlson, to just name a few.

John

• Like 2

You can disregard JohnC's opinion. :P I would urge you to consider everything that's said about sexuality here, and weigh it against your own personal experience.

• Like 3

You can disregard JohnC's opinion. :P I would urge you to consider everything that's said about sexuality here, and weigh it against your own personal experience.

What he said:-) But remember to include John C's opinion:-)

And your own. In fact, perhaps your own would be a good place to start :-)

I'm still looking fer mine:-)

Edited: multiple post, probably Scott's fault:-p

Edited by -K-

What he said:-) But remember to include John C's opinion:-)

And your own. In fact, perhaps your own would be a good place to start :-)

I'm still looking fer mine:-)

Boom...awesomeness.