Immortal4life

David Deangelo- Cocky Comedy

David Deangelo has to be one of the most well known Pick up artists out there. One of his most fundamental teachings is how to use what is called "Cocky Comedy" to trigger a reaction and instinct of sexual attraction in women, and why it works.

Cocky Comedy and Other Conversation Skills-

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xghe0v_pickupvideos-net-david-deangelo-cocky-comedy-part-1_lifestyle

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xghenf_pickupvideos-net-david-deangelo-cocky-comedy-part-2_lifestyle

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgheno_pickupvideos-net-david-deangelo-cocky-comedy-part-3_lifestyle

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgheo7_pickupvideos-net-david-deangelo-cocky-comedy-part-4_lifestyle

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgheow_pickupvideos-net-david-deangelo-cocky-comedy-part-5_lifestyle

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgheql_pickupvideos-net-david-deangelo-cocky-comedy-part-6_lifestyle

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgher5_pickupvideos-net-david-deangelo-cocky-comedy-part-7_lifestyle

techniques like his are pretty effective if you want to pick up bar sluts, but if you're looking for an actually loving relationship, the approaches of dating coaches with all their "leading" and hypnotic and suggesting techniques isn't likely to land that. and if you're looking for a consort to cultivate your spirit with, i just have to chime in with forget those guys.

nothing against bar sluts btw, they're good for what they're good for. i just think that building communication patterns with women based on all that NLP material is manipulative and makes for a bad relationship if you ever find something worth keeping.

just my 2cents not trying to be an asshole or start arguments

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 1

David Deangelo I think would disagree with you. These principles should apply to virgins as well as experienced girls, sometimes even more so.

His teachings are claimed to be able to, yes, pick up a girl at a bar and get her into bed, but also can be used in other ways. Getting a girlfriend, keeping a girlfriend interested in you, getting multiple girlfriends, stealing a girlfriend away from someone, anyhting you want.

If you look at the guys like David Deangelo and other pick up artists, you will find that while they did get a lot of hot girls, at some point they in fact do get a really hot perfect 10 girlfriend, and end up keeping her and settling down.

David Deangelo I think would disagree with you. These principles should apply to virgins as well as experienced girls, sometimes even more so.

His teachings are claimed to be able to, yes, pick up a girl at a bar and get her into bed, but also can be used in other ways. Getting a girlfriend, keeping a girlfriend interested in you, getting multiple girlfriends, stealing a girlfriend away from someone, anyhting you want.

If you look at the guys like David Deangelo and other pick up artists, you will find that while they did get a lot of hot girls, at some point they in fact do get a really hot perfect 10 girlfriend, and end up keeping her and settling down.

i would expect david deangelo to disagree with me. i have a totally different approach to relating to women than him. he will tell you that his methods are guaranteed to get you whatever you want, but good luck finding an awake, aware, spiritual consort with NLP seduction methods. i don't care about hot girls, most of them have attitude problems and entitlement issues. i don't care about perfect tens. i care about a woman with a good head on her shoulders, and a good heart in her chest, who can cultivate her energy and her spiritual development with me. i don't personally think that david deangelo would know what to do with one of them... learn a lot probably. but like i said, totally different approach to relating to women...

• Like 1

i would expect david deangelo to disagree with me. i have a totally different approach to relating to women than him. he will tell you that his methods are guaranteed to get you whatever you want, but good luck finding an awake, aware, spiritual consort with NLP seduction methods. i don't care about hot girls, most of them have attitude problems and entitlement issues. i don't care about perfect tens. i care about a woman with a good head on her shoulders, and a good heart in her chest, who can cultivate her energy and her spiritual development with me. i don't personally think that david deangelo would know what to do with one of them... learn a lot probably. but like i said, totally different approach to relating to women...

agreed man.

i care about a woman with a good head on her shoulders, and a good heart in her chest, who can cultivate her energy and her spiritual development with me.

Nice, I'm with you on that.

i would expect david deangelo to disagree with me. i have a totally different approach to relating to women than him. he will tell you that his methods are guaranteed to get you whatever you want, but good luck finding an awake, aware, spiritual consort with NLP seduction methods.

What exactly is an awake, aware, spiritual woman by your definition? Different people could have very different views of what that means.

Do you mean an enlightened being? Do those even exist in every day life?

Also, in your view, what makes such a woman invulnerable to NLP techniques?

We must be careful not to fall into the trap of being more idealistic than realistic.

i don't care about hot girls, most of them have attitude problems and entitlement issues. i don't care about perfect tens. i care about a woman with a good head on her shoulders, and a good heart in her chest, who can cultivate her energy and her spiritual development with me. i don't personally think that david deangelo would know what to do with one of them... learn a lot probably. but like i said, totally different approach to relating to women...

The answer to that could be to find a woman you believe has a good heart and intelligence, and then get her into whatever specific practices and philosopies you want her to practice with you.

Edited by Immortal4life

I think David DeAngelo has evolved over time and now his works are more balanced. His new "Become Mr Right" program is more about becoming a better man to attract a better class of woman.

What exactly is an awake, aware, spiritual woman by your definition? Different people could have very different views of what that means.

different people have different definitions of every word. thats called semantics. so what you just said doesnt really say anything. i am not going to spell out for you what i meant. those are common words, look them up... i was using common definitions.

Do you mean an enlightened being? Do those even exist in every day life?

no i don't mean an enlightened being. yes they do, although everyone has their own "every day life" and some peoples are more likely to attract enlightened people to them than others.

Also, in your view, what makes such a woman invulnerable to NLP techniques?

good question. it would be harder to seduce such a woman with manipulative techniques because

1. they probably value freedom highly and don't appreciate being manipulated

2. they may be able to sense when someone just wants sex, as well as being sensitive to other subtleties.

3. most of them are interested in the same thing in return so its going to take more than a witty line or two to impress them.

4. using NLP techniques can be contrived, and women like that are more likely to value spontaneity.

We must be careful not to fall into the trap of being more idealistic than realistic.

i agree, it took me years of searching for someone like i just described to find one. but if i had chalked the very notion itself up to idealism, i would have never pursued my goal further. it basically took me getting my life together to a suitable degree to attract someone like that

The answer to that could be to find a woman you believe has a good heart and intelligence, and then get her into whatever specific practices and philosopies you want her to practice with you.

ok. sure, if she isnt familiar with any disciplines, you could introduce her to some. but i can assure you that real women are out there, they are just generally fed up with shallow men and don't make themselves easy to catch.

These videos are great for a shy awkward wuss...but after a while you want to be fully natural.

Which is what this forum is about.

Also confidence doesnt neccessarily have to be pride, in fact, pride can be lower form of confidence than bliss, although Id say you need a base of a good self image.

techniques like his are pretty effective if you want to pick up bar sluts, but if you're looking for an actually loving relationship, the approaches of dating coaches with all their "leading" and hypnotic and suggesting techniques isn't likely to land that. and if you're looking for a consort to cultivate your spirit with, i just have to chime in with forget those guys.

And I am going to have to disagree with this :P

Keeping in mind I haven't seen the videos, in my experience women like cocky comedy. It signals a number of things that a quality girl would look for in a quality guy-

1) Intelligence- you have to use the right words

2) Confidence- it's all in the delivery, a shaky delivery will betray your lack of self confidence, a smooth delivery will signal you are confident in other situations

3) the ability to relate, not only to another person, but to the context- You have to know just what to say at the right time and in the right place, which shows you pay attention to what others say, and can accurately predict what is going to work.

Intelligent, aware women like this, because it signals that the man is also intelligent and aware. Intelligent, aware women will respond and engage, because they know you are worth the time.

That's not to say that you can't use this on "bar sluts", or that you won't be successful in getting lots of easy hook ups. But that doesn't mean you aren't also going to be successful with women who are worthwhile.

As with many other things, my philosophy is to look at the underlying structure, the internal substance, rather than the external form. If you understand the internal substance, you can change the form. But the reverse is not necessarily true.

You can try one liners and tried and true pickups to pick up some low quality (though not necessarily unattractive, or un-fun) women. You can't use that same strategy to get quality women. However, if you understand the internal substance of why those approaches work, what messages you send via verbal and non-verbal communication, you can then begin to adjust your communicative skills based on your audience. And, with practice, you can adjust them on the fly.

THEN you will have internalized it, and only then will you be "natural".

Often, people learn these communication skills without even knowing through trial and error in society. But some people have problems picking up on social cues without training and practice. Maybe their brains are wired differently, maybe they didn't get the practice when the time was ripe and their brains were imprinting lessons. Regardless, I don't think there's any shame in learning how to communicate- it's a crucial skill in all aspects of life, and unless you are already in a situation in which you are fairly intimate (which usually requires some level of communication to get to anyway!!!) you aren't going to have any other way of relating BESIDES communication.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

@ sloppy zhang: i see your points, i guess to me, its all about outgrowing techniques like that and becoming natural. if a person is sitting with a woman and theyre thinking "now im going to impress her with cocky comedy" or "now its time for this routine" i think there are levels beyond where they are at.

i can't speak for every woman who is looking for spiritual consort either, maybe some like em a little NLPish who knows. its a big world.

im no expert, what i said in response to immortal4life is just my impression (and experience)

@ sloppy zhang: i see your points, i guess to me, its all about outgrowing techniques like that and becoming natural. if a person is sitting with a woman and theyre thinking "now im going to impress her with cocky comedy" or "now its time for this routine" i think there are levels beyond where they are at.

There's a quote from Bruce Lee that I've always liked-

"Before I started practicing martial arts, a punch was just a punch, and a kick was just a kick. When I was studying martial arts, a punch wasn't just a punch, and a kick wasn't just a kick. After I had mastered martial arts, a punch was just a punch, and a kick was just a kick."

I think, when it comes to conversation (or any skill, really) there are going to be those who are good at it and successful at it (sometimes wildly so) based on pure natural talent, and their experiences of trial and error. They know what works, but they don't know why. They know what to do, but if you ask them for advice they will be unable to put it into words. To them, talking is just talking.

And then there are going to be people who break it down, and find out all the steps. They learn why it works, how it works, and how to build different approaches. Maybe they are naturally good, and just want to get better, and find out why things work. Maybe they aren't naturally talented, and it helps them to break it down, as opposed to the naturals who say "just do it".

I think if you look at ANY top person in ANY skill, they do this. Athletes do this, dietitians do this, musicians do this, chemists do this, and the PUA and NLP people have done this with conversation. Break it down, find out why, and build it up so it is the most efficient at what it is doing.

Maybe naturals find doing this uncomfortable. Maybe they don't like looking under the hood. Maybe they'd honestly rather not know. Maybe they feel that it can't be broken down. Maybe they feel by putting names to everything, they are somehow perverting what they feel to be an "indescribable" facet of human nature (after all, they're really good at it, but even they can't put words to it!) I don't know. But the fact is- systems that have been broken down like this can be learned, and even practiced to a high degree of skill, by naturals and by those who aren't natural alike. Those who aren't naturals may have to work harder. Maybe naturals don't have to work hard at this phase at all. But, again, look at ANY field- and you'll see this being done. In this phase, talking isn't just talking, it's moving through different phases.

And then, finally, when you have internalized the structure and you know it like the back of your hand, you come full circle back to the first step. You just play it by ear. You don't have a routine. You do what you know will work because it's so "natural" for you. You can tailor it for any situation. You aren't limited to bar skanks, or even quality women- you learn how to converse with EVERYONE. At this phase, talking is just talking.

Again, I don't think there is any shame in learning this stuff. I don't find it inherently "manipulative" or "exploitative"- people do this ALL THE TIME. When I was in high school I sort of "found myself" and became a lot more outgoing and popular. I just did stuff. My friends saw me and they didn't really know what had changed between middle school and high school. And I couldn't really tell them. After looking through some PUA and some NLP material, I started to gain the vocabulary for why things started to work for me. I saw how I did some things right, I saw how I did some things wrong but naturally threw them away, and I saw how I did some things wrong but kept doing them. I saw how people, in one shape or another, were doing this all the time.

We have this funny idea in our society that if you know you are doing it, then it is manipulation. But if you don't know you're doing it, and you're just doing what is "natural" for you, then you're just a really good speaker. I find this distinction odd, and a bit petty.

Our civilization and interpersonal relationships are developed through conversation. Not being able to do that because you somehow think is "unnatural" is unnecessarily handicapping yourself. You are going to miss LOTS of very awesome experiences because you think that. So if you AREN'T good at conversation (non), there are ways to get good at it, and I think you should learn what those are.

@ sloppy zhang: you make a good case. thanks for the counterpoint.

my personal experience with NLP is that a lot of creeps use it. i think bandler and grinder were shysters (although the structure of magic is a good read), and although milton erickson was a true mystery of a genius, those who have been inspired by his work have sometimes gone down a darker path. i don't find (and this is just my personal experience) people who want to use NLP to heal as much as i find people who want to use it to influence others and get what they want. so when someone says "oh i can offer this NLP technique that will help you get Whatever you want!", i automatically cringe.

i personally still think what i thought up there, but i am glad you made such a strong case for your views, it is eyeopening to consider the value of what i tend to dismiss. thank you.

i will only add that there are a lot of ways to become more assertive and attractive to others, lots of methods to practice and in the end its all about being yourself and true to your own heart which you can't learn in expensive videos and seminars. you can only learn by doing it.

I don't agree with putting down others to assert yourself, even if in a playful manner.

If girls want to see muscle ("confidence", etc) then just be yourself.

Edited by No1

I don't agree with putting down others to assert yourself, even if in a playful manner.

If girls want to see muscle ("confidence", etc) then just be yourself.

Why? What exactly do you define as put down?

You don't actually have to put people down to tease them or mess with them a bit.

Have you tried any Cocky and funny game yet?

Edited by Immortal4life