3bob

gradual murder

Do you think this website is gradually being murdered by quasi-Buddhism? I don't know about you but I'm about outta-here because all of the subtle and not so subtle undermining and constant attacks on Taoism and other ways from certain so called "Buddhists". How much sicker can it get?

I don't know Bob. I think it has gotten better and there are far fewer attacks on Taoism than there were when I first joined the board.

Tzu Jan rules. But the huamn animal is so complex it is sometimes hard to anticipate what is going to happen next.

No I don't think it's a big deal. Seems enough thoughtful/interested folks who practice can discuss. IMO Buddhism is referred to as a 'vehicle' and if anyone wants to rid themselves of it, there's space for that too here.

However, I do agree that there's a point in practice where it just seems easier to grab on to any -ism. Whence the Buddhists make their killing :) Should they be kicked out for that? No, I like them close :)

Do you think this website is gradually being murdered by quasi-Buddhism? I don't know about you but I'm about outta-here because all of the subtle and not so subtle undermining and constant attacks on Taoism and other ways from certain so called "Buddhists". How much sicker can it get?

LOL ... instead of fighting "against" them, "fight for" Daoism by posting more relevant stuff in the Taoist Discussion forum ;)

• Like 2

Bob, having been there may i suggest you take break from viiting ttb for a Few months. I did the same and now i find the exchanges the the budfha boyz laughable at best, mildly irritating at worst. What was even more interesting was to discover after i returned that some of those who were battling the bb's were now supprting them/"got them" while others who had previously supported them seemed "get what was flawed" in the bb's perspective.

What this has taught me is that no one knows everything. There are always those who know what they know, know what they don't know and also don't know what they don't know.

With time that which they know might increase slightly, but with maturity knowing what they don't know seems go grow the most. Imho, that is what i see now, now that i use a Fresh perspective into this microcosm of macrosopic ogranisms ( well along with all their microscopic baggage)

;)

I find the Buddhist and Daoist perspectives to be very similar and very complimentary.

I don't really identify with one or the other, I use both where applicable to further my own understanding and practice.

I'm happy to have both around.

I find a few individuals to sometimes be annoying but not the philosophy or practice per se.

That said, I've been spending most of my online time in the Taoist Discussion Forum and I think our members have done a great job at respecting the intent in that area.

• Like 2

Thanks to all of you who have shared some positive and thoughtful vibes...

I think that I do need to take a break, btw I've been sick and also working graveyard shifts so I don't have the energy to deal with certain goings on lately.

Om to all B)

I just think it is much easier to talk about Buddhism than Taosim as Buddhism is much clearer and organised while what remains of Taoism is very fractured and hard to make sense of. For example I read a lot of Taoist texts and thought I was getting a grasp of it but then I read Liu-I-Ming and he basically says what most people practice and understand as Taoism is worthless and a waste of time, so then things became confused again. It would be good if there was a re-emergence of genuine clear Taoist paths which bring lightness and humour to balance some of the dour Buddhist paths and life rejecting teachings of some Buddhist masters, but i'm not sure where such teachings will emerge from.

I just think it is much easier to talk about Buddhism than Taosim as Buddhism is much clearer and organised while what remains of Taoism is very fractured and hard to make sense of. For example I read a lot of Taoist texts and thought I was getting a grasp of it but then I read Liu-I-Ming and he basically says what most people practice and understand as Taoism is worthless and a waste of time, so then things became confused again. It would be good if there was a re-emergence of genuine clear Taoist paths which bring lightness and humour to balance some of the dour Buddhist paths and life rejecting teachings of some Buddhist masters, but i'm not sure where such teachings will emerge from.

I agree. Taoism has a lot of mystical veil over their teachings through metaphors and anecdotes while buddhism tells you a, b, c albeit the interpretations may be contradictory. It's more difficult to be an "armchair" taoist because you won't get any of the alchemical lingo unless you really do the practices (well, unless you are a philosophical taoist). The more you go through the energetics meditation the language kind of begins to merge as you match it with your experiences and also the relationships you notice between certain bodily aspects, like Kan and Li for instance.

The language is probably written that way in Taoism for this very effect. It's easy to bullshit Buddhism to yourself conceptually, but it's not so easy with Taoism. Which makes it that much more cooler. :D .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

Thanks to all of you who have shared some positive and thoughtful vibes...

I think that I do need to take a break, btw I've been sick and also working graveyard shifts so I don't have the energy to deal with certain goings on lately.

Om to all B)

I feel your pain on the graveyard shifts. I get sick BECAUSE I work graveyard shift. x.x I wish you good health!