tulku

Riding a Motorbike is the fastest way to Enlightenment

When you ride a motorbike, you have to counter steer in the direction in which you want to turn.

So if you wanna turn left around the corner, you have to turn the handlebars to the right. This will cause the lean of the bike to the left thus turning the bike.

Wanna turn right? Push the handlebars to the left. Lean right turn right.

Kinda like enlightenment these days. You have to do the opposite of what your human ego wants and the Human Ego is screaming at mega decibels these days.

SO the more you train yourself to react in opposite ways which your brain wants, the faster your progress..

Hehehe... Edited by tulku

He yeah, the world is upside down, to get on the right path you need to do the opposite of what your ego wants but also the opposite of what everyone in society and your family and friends say you should do, which is kinda lonely.

• Like 1

He yeah, the world is upside down, to get on the right path you need to do the opposite of what your ego wants but also the opposite of what everyone in society and your family and friends say you should do, which is kinda lonely.

Loneliness is just like anger, sadness, disappointment, lust, pride.. all these are just negative illusions meant to impede you on your path.

Side note.. i now realize why they say the bikers are the rebels in the world.. :P

Edited by tulku

no wonder i am so spiritual i am around motorcycles like 5 hundred thousand of them for one week of the year every year.

http://www.sturgis.com/

Lol

The black hills might have something to do with it as well. I spent christmas in spearfish canyon last year and felt pretty peaceful . . . even while screaming around the trails on a snowmobile B)

if your ever in the black hills again Look us up.

Mother of Wisdom Sangha

Address: 907 Columbus Street Rapid City SD 57701

Tradition: Vajrayana, Tibetan

Phone: (605)-341-2404

Find on:

Main Contact: Joe Tolsom (Phone: 605-341-2404)

Edit i am not joe i am a member of the sangha but yeah it would be cool to meet a taobum irl.

Edited by mewtwo

Riding a Motorbike is the fastest way to Enlightenment

I sure hope so :lol:

fongonbay.jpg

Nice ride, Mal!

I don't know about enlightenment, but I do think that motorcycle riding is excellent presence practice! In particular, lane-splitting on the freeway (my whole reason, along with MPG, to get the bike).

During lane-splitting, there is no time, whatsoever, to fade away, get caught up in thoughts, or even contemplate the near-miss that just happened, because what's important is always paying attention to what's happening right now. Of course, that does include reading conditions and acting to make sure the future is also safe, but the processing for that cannot take me away from the conditions right now, because they can change so fast.

Even when riding more conservatively, there is still no room to drive with the same leaned-back mental posture that car driving often has. Things just happen too fast, and the body is too vulnerable, to be absent for any length of time. I wouldn't recommend motorcycle riding to anyone who doesn't really enjoy being at full attention for prolonged periods. But if you do, then it's a beautiful ride!

I hear you.

The cage drivers can't understand how a ride home in the poring rain could possible be fun for me. I feel ALIVE! I got caught in a monsoon at night once that actually got cold. Was shivering so much I could not hold onto the handlebars and had to stop. I realized "This is what cold feels like" "This is how people can die from the cold." I've never felt cold like that, it was great. Yes even while shivering watching the cars drive past :D Rain on the way to work is only less fun because I could be left siting in air-conditioning with wet clothes :lol:

Usually here it's really hot, yet at 110 kph only in the depths of summer will it still feel like a furnace.

I'm so much more connected to the world riding a bike. It's cooler riding over a river. There is a hotter wind here. Even my pathetic sense of smell notices different scents... and I do love lane splitting.