on the path

Immortals (Xian Shi)

I have a silly theory.

Immortals never die, but they (must) continute to age/change/evolve.

The older a Human becomes, the more sasquatch they begin to resemble!

Then from sasquatch they might evolve into something more dramatic...? Perhaps the eldest of immortals becomes a dragon :D

I certainly know they do!

They are the very essence of who they were when they were alive. But as Lao Tzu says, when the body dies the spirit is always there. They are a entity of energy, freed from the constraints of having a body they can and are more powerful than what one can imagine. They can take on again a human or any other form. On two occasions in my life as a Holyman, I have met my Immortal Master in a human form. Even for a Holyman this was indeed a very very strange experience! If anyone wants to know more about what happened, I can say.

On two occasions in my life as a Holyman, I have met my Immortal Master in a human form. Even for a Holyman this was indeed a very very strange experience! If anyone wants to know more about what happened, I can say.

I think its good to remember that that bird might not be a bird!

I am curious flowing hands.. how did you know it was your spirit master in human form?

I certainly know they do!

They are the very essence of who they were when they were alive. But as Lao Tzu says, when the body dies the spirit is always there. They are a entity of energy, freed from the constraints of having a body they can and are more powerful than what one can imagine. They can take on again a human or any other form. On two occasions in my life as a Holyman, I have met my Immortal Master in a human form. Even for a Holyman this was indeed a very very strange experience! If anyone wants to know more about what happened, I can say.

Certainly would like to hear more.

I think we have some examples of this in all traditions,

The Immortals of Taoism, the Buddhas and high level Bodhisattvas who have multiple forms, the Yogis with power of bi location and manifestion after death, rainbow body of Tibetan Buddhism etc etc

I wonder if there's a difference between Parinirvana and using this immortal body to aid sentient beings.

OK,

When I had been accepted by the Immortal masters, I had been regularly drawing the fa fu and fa shui (this means Holy amulet and Holy water) and building up my fa. One day I was walking down a very busy street, as usual I hardly had any money. For some reason,I noticed that an old man was in a phone box. As soon as he saw me, it was if he was waiting for me,he headed straight for me out of everyone. He was dressed in an old overcoat and trousers, tied up with a belt. He came up to me and said 'cha' (Chinese for tea) I got the feeling that he wanted money for his tea. So I looked in my pockets and found some money and gave it to him. He walked away holding his hand out with the money I had given him. I then got a very strange feeling. This man's eyes were sharp and clear like diamonds, his body quick and powerful. I had been tested! We beleive that if the Immortal really wants to teach you properly, they will come in person. I am glad I passed the test, because having no money I should have refused a beggar, being not far short of it myself! But I didn't.

The second time was some years later, I was walking with a friend down a street, we passed many market stalls, We passed an old man, filthy and dirty selling berries in a cup, I saw him and walked passed initially, I got a strange feeling, I said to my friend, I must turn back and buy those berries. I walked back and bought the berries but handed them back to the old man. I walked on a few metres and looked back the old man had completely disappeared, there was no trace of him! My heart had been tested again!

Now I begged one day to ask about these experiences and the Immortal master said that what I've written above was true. He also said that one day he would come and have dinner with me. I am still waiting! On both occasions it was the Monkey God Chi Tien Da Sheng. He baptised me while possessed of another Holyman's body. If you have never seen this it is quite remarkable. The Holyman has gone, and the God is present, they can talk any language and when I was baptised the Monkey God even taught us some martial art afterwards! I hope you have found this interesting, I have never told anyone about this before.

speaking of meeting masters

after I met mine, I was taught the very technique I used ,without knowing, to meet him

complete circle :lol:

I wonder if you already know what you're meant to learn

thank you for telling us those stories :)

@sinfest: i often feel like we all know what we need to know, we just have to go through life process of digging it up to the surface and learning it all over again.

i don't know if that has anything to do with what youre talking about.

i don't know if that has anything to do with what youre talking about.

it does :lol:

especially with Taoism where we study the natural flow of the universe we're already using the knowledge but now we are giving it a name

If you have diamond eyes, what color are your eyes to other people?

If you are looking there, are you here?

Yea, I've seen this phenomenon where my teacher "changed". Its like a 1080 degree flip. He exuded a different feel. Needless to say we were freaked out since none of us were expecting it. I left my teacher after that because he was unpredictable. Should I come back? :)

Thanks for guiding us Immortals!

Of course it depends on your definition of what exactly an "immortal" is. Physical "immortals" are never found by people, rather it is the other way around. This earth we live on is not the only world in existence, and that isn't even taking into account the variable materiality of mass and energy - or our limited conception of what is "physical" to begin with.

Buddhism has other classifications of "immortals" as well, in terms of reincarnation:

Stream-enterer

The first stage is that of Sotāpanna (Pali; Sanskrit: Srotāpanna), literally meaning "one who enters (āpadyate) the stream (sotas)," with the stream being the supermundane Noble Eightfold Path regarded as the highest Dharma. The stream-enterer is also said to have "opened the eye of the Dharma" (dhammacakkhu, Sanskrit: dharmacakṣus).

A stream-enterer reaches arahantship within seven rebirths upon opening the eye of the Dharma.

Due to the fact that the stream-enterer has attained an intuitive grasp of Buddhist doctrine (samyagdṛṣṭi or sammādiṭṭhi, "right view") and has complete confidence or Saddha in the Three Jewels: Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha, that individual will not be reborn in any plane lower than the human (animal, preta, or in hell).

Once-returner

The second stage is that of the Sakadāgāmī (Sanskrit: Sakṛdāgāmin), literally meaning "one who once (sakṛt) comes (āgacchati)". The once-returner will at most return to the human world one more time. Both the stream-enterer and the once-returner have abandoned the first three fetters. The stream-enterer and once-returner are distinguished by the fact that the once-returner has weakened lust, hate, and delusion to a greater degree. The once-returner therefore has fewer than seven rebirths. They may take place in higher planes but will include rebirth in the human world at most only once more. Once-returners do not have only one more rebirth, as the name suggests, for that may not even be said with certainty about the non-returner who can take multiple rebirths in the five "Pure Abodes".

Non-returner

The third stage is that of the Anāgāmī (Sanskrit: Anāgāmin), literally meaning "one who does not (an-) come (āgacchati)". The non-returner, having overcome sensuality, does not return to human world, or any unfortunate world lower than that after death. Instead, non-returners are reborn in one of the five special worlds in Rūpadhātu called the Śuddhāvāsa worlds, or "Pure Abodes", and there attain Nirvāṇa; Pāli: Nibbana; some of them are reborn a second time in a higher world of the Pure Abodes.

An Anāgāmī has abandoned the five lower fetters, out of ten total fetters, that bind beings to the cycle of rebirth. An Anāgāmī is well advanced and close to complete liberation.

Arahant

The fourth stage is that of Arahant, a fully liberated being who has abandoned all ten fetters and who, upon (Sanskrit: Parinirvāṇa, Pāli: Parinibbāna) will never be reborn in any plane or world, having wholly escaped saṃsāra.

• Like 1

There are five types of immortals. Here is a good description of one of the types...

"Spirit immortals are earth immortals who have continued their cultivation in the earthly realm. They have connected all the parts of their body; they have used lead to replenish mercury; they can channel the refined generative energy to the top of the head; and they can transform the jade nectar into the elixir. Their bodily form has been transmuted into vapor; the five vapors have reverted back into the one primordial vapor and the three yang essences have gathered at the top of the head. When their cultivation is complete, the mundane body is transformed into the subtle body. Their yin residues are purged and they are completely filled with pure yang. A body emerges from the subtle body as they shed their mundane substance and ascend to the immortal lands. Entering the realm of the sacred, they return to the three mountains and leave the dust of the world forever."

Pretty awesome if you consider the implications of developing a purely energetic body. But then again...forever is a long time.

Edited by Scotty

Forever is no-time. Cultivation of the rainbow body is indeed, pretty awesome.

Hmm i like what it says about immortals ascending through a path of immortality, human-earth-spirit-celestial.

I didnt read it all, but do wonder if, as i suspect through reincarnating, ghosts can also continuate their immortality...?

Hmm i like what it says about immortals ascending through a path of immortality, human-earth-spirit-celestial.

I didnt read it all, but do wonder if, as i suspect through reincarnating, ghosts can also continuate their immortality...?

Textual elucidations of non-ordinary reality by way of mythos and metaphysics is like candy for the mind. I would advise you not to build your entire diet from it. Accordingly, it's probably best used as a rare treat.. depending on your particular constitution.

With the wide variety of textual and conversational eludications and educations i pursue in an ordinary day, i dont think it would hurt to have a handful of rare candy every once in a while.

PLUS, it's been over a month for me! seriously, that's harshing my mellow maaaan!

wacko.gifblink.gifninja.gif Rare candy forces your pokemon to level up.

Oh, okay so anyways...

PLUS, it's been over a month for me! seriously, that's harshing my mellow maaaan!

the mellow that can be harshed is not the true mellow