Sign in to follow this  
Informer

Channeling Chi (celestial) and Goosebumps

I am wondering if others have noticed that when channeling celestial chi or doing MCO if you get goosebumps from the energy flow?

Personally the hairs stand on end.

I figured this would have been talked about here by now, but maybe this is unique to me? It has happened for over 10 years and is clearly visible and can be done at will.

I am curious what others think of this and if there is anything in Taoist literature or others experience that describe and or define this. Thanks for your time!

I am wondering if others have noticed that when channeling celestial chi or doing MCO if you get goosebumps from the energy flow?

It has happened for over 10 years and is clearly visible and can be done at will.

I am curious what others think of this..

Finally! A thread on goosebumps!

Years ago, after a particularly amazing meditation session in a workshop, I told my teacher that I had chills the whole time. He laughed and said "That's chi! Look!" And he showed me his forearm, suddenly full of goosebumps.

Goosebumps (I call them chills) have helped lead/direct/define my chi practices ever since. Anything gives me chills, I'm interested. Over time, the sensation has expanded to more inner sensations, and moves in great tides and flows all over the body. I love it, and often say I'm a chills junkie.

I like that you differentiate that the goosebumps are the result of the chi movement, not the actual chi.

I had no idea the health balls could be so wonderous!

Thank you for typing so much, and please forgive me for my lack of prowess.

I have played with those before, but only with one hand and didn't think of it to be such an aid. Simply remarkable.

I do sometimes do something a bit similar which is to balance silver coins on each of my fingertips and on my palms, which seems to help me channel a bit better.

I wonder if there is a correlation here.

I am curious what others think of this and if there is anything in Taoist literature or others experience that describe and or define this.

Hey, Informer,

Goosebumps are associated with endorphin release (maybe explaining the addictive nature of the experience!). Google those together for some interesting hits.

Here is one of the best I found: a whole thread about people who can create goosebumps at will, with scientific research papers to boot! (lots of it is in response to music, but others as well) indicating the physiology and brain changes involved! Here's the URL to get started:

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=428.150

• Like 1

Hey, Informer,

Goosebumps are associated with endorphin release (maybe explaining the addictive nature of the experience!). Google those together for some interesting hits.

Here is one of the best I found: a whole thread about people who can create goosebumps at will, with scientific research papers to boot! (lots of it is in response to music, but others as well) indicating the physiology and brain changes involved! Here's the URL to get started:

Hey Cheya,

Thanks for sharing your experience - I've been playing with baoding balls on and off over the years and they definitely have enhanced manual dexterity in general - have you noticed similar effects with solid steel balls? I personally love the solid ones, but I've never noticed sensations even when twirling them at high speeds, maybe I don't have enough juice :(

Cheers,

Rene'

Hey Cheya,

I've been playing with baoding balls on and off over the years and they definitely have enhanced manual dexterity in general - have you noticed similar effects with solid steel balls? I personally love the solid ones, but I've never noticed sensations even when twirling them at high speeds, maybe I don't have enough juice :(

Hi Rene,

I've never noticed energy effect from solid balls, not from the metal ones, not even jade mineral ones (which makes me think I need to work on my tuning...) I tried twirling pool cue balls too, and though I could twirl them, no juice.

The 3 inchers I'm talking about are chiming, and if you're sensitive to the energetic effect, they pack quite a wallop!

Solid or chiming, they're all good for dexterity, and a surprisingly good workout for the forearms, since you're using them palm up and working muscles few of us use. Twirling the balls is reputed to help carpel tunnel and computer-neck too. But I'd always go for heavy chiming ones, as the added vibration has been the key for me.

• Like 1

I figured this would have been talked about here by now, but maybe this is unique to me? It has happened for over 10 years and is clearly visible and can be done at will.

I am curious what others think of this and if there is anything in Taoist literature or others experience that describe and or define this. Thanks for your time!

To address the 'why' these sort of things aren't written about...

The Way is a path experienced, I think that when people experience things like this they simply enjoy and proceed to the next level. Being fascinated with such things will prevent you from experiencing new levels, it will even halt your growth in the current level. If we think about it, talking of such things may be an indication of a desire to be validated or recognized. It's a catch 22 though, in order to attain certain things we must first relinquish cares or desires for even attainments themselves.

I'm only speaking in generalities and from my experience, I know that I've hindered myself because of this very thing. In the end I find truth in the saying 'he who speaks does not know, he who knows does not speak'. Unfortunately I speak too much and by my own admission and logic have to wonder if I know lol. I find that it's better to receive such things in humility and appreciation, this allows us to experience them in a truer light and allow them to manifest without our hinderance :)

• Like 1

Not everyone gets goosebumps like that, perhaps its fairly rare. Have you considered that it could be your mind giving you the goosebumps in reaction to the feelings of qi, not the qi itself giving your skin this physiological reaction? In that case more relaxation would solve it.

• Like 1

Hey, Informer,

this is interesting Cheya, thank you!

i've a sort of practice that regularly creates a sort of goosebumps over my whole body. And while by eating gluten for years, unknowing that it's bad for me, my endorfinsystem is in severe disorder, so says my therapist and I've much reasons to believe him. thereby meaning, that I may do well to do this practice daily and get those goosebumps coming.

I'll start it up and see if it betters my condition,

love Bes

• Like 1

I've been noticing lately that when I focus on my LDT it feels like the hair around my navel stands up

Sign in to follow this