orb

Real Taichi

First time I c taichi that doesn't get me sleepy.

Maybe there's a practical use for it after all.....

• Like 1

First time I c taichi that doesn't get me sleepy.

Maybe there's a practical use for it after all.....

Wow, very cool - whole-body listening and power - love the shoulder strikes - you might find similar training associated with guys like Chen Xiao Wang or his student Ren Guan Yi.

Cheers,

R

• Like 1

Dammmn, check out the crisp, snappy fajin at 1:43! B)

This dude somehowreminds me like he's playing his body like a violin with a bow...

Chen Ziqiang is Chen Xiaowang's nephew. Same family, same flavor, same power.

You can attend any Chen Xiaowang seminars in the US. Chen Ziqiang is also offering seminars in the US. The next are in 2012 ( have a look @ www.truetaichi.com)

Edited by bubbles

Watch at about 42 seconds on the original video, the guys falls down on his own. I don't find this very impressive tbh. It seems he is simply grappling and his opponet doesn't know whats an underhook.

Watch at about 42 seconds on the original video, the guys falls down on his own. I don't find this very impressive tbh. It seems he is simply grappling and his opponet doesn't know whats an underhook.

I know where u r comming from. I'm all about grappling. It's just that in grappling

they r missing some important aspects that taichi is covering. So IMO it's not perfect but it's the best and the most realistic and practical I could find so far comming from a taichi school.

Chen Ziqiang is Chen Xiaowang's nephew. Same family, same flavor, same power.

You can attend any Chen Xiaowang seminars in the US. Chen Ziqiang is also offering seminars in the US. The next are in 2012 ( have a look @ www.truetaichi.com)

that sounds good. Are u asociated with them ?

I know where u r comming from. I'm all about grappling. It's just that in grappling

they r missing some important aspects that taichi is covering. So IMO it's not perfect but it's the best and the most realistic and practical I could find so far comming from a taichi school.

Good point! :)

Keep on keepin on.

Not at all, I am just a Chen taijiquan fan. :)

Okay...

Since you are a Chen Tai Ji Quan Fan, can you tell us what is so unique about this particular style that is different from other Tai Ji styles....???

Silk reeling powah :D

The Chen's have the goods !

Edit: Ow i allready answered above question witouth even reading it, nice lol.

Chen is the root, all other taiji (yang, wu, sun, ..) comes directly or indirectly from Chenjiagou taijiquan :)

Edited by minkus

Silk reeling powah :D

The Chen's have the goods !

Edit: Ow i allready answered above question witouth even reading it, nice lol.

Chen is the root, all other taiji (yang, wu, sun, ..) comes directly or indirectly from Chenjiagou taijiquan :)

That was nothing new about that. I was asking for the uniqueness of the Chen style compared to others...??? It is very noticeable if one watch the Chen style practitioner. Please try again and give me another answer.... :D

Okay...

Since you are a Chen Tai Ji Quan Fan, can you tell us what is so unique about this particular style that is different from other Tai Ji styles....???

You know, I have REALLY NO INTEREST AT ALL in turning this thread into a "my taijiquan is better than yours" battle.

Firstly because there are enough of those stinky discussions here in TTB and I am really pissed off by them.

Secondly because I can't honestly see the point of comparing the styles in order to say which one is better: this question has no meaning for me.

Thirdly because taijiquan is like everything else, you practice the style you are in accord with: there is no such thing as one style for everyone.

Fourthly, I am not as educated as many here to give an explanation about what is so unique about Chen style: I had seen demonstrations of a number of styles before I saw Chen style and had begun Yang and when I saw Chen Xiaowang Laojia, it was love at first sight.

• Like 3

You know, I have REALLY NO INTEREST AT ALL in turning this thread into a "my taijiquan is better than yours" battle.

Firstly because there are enough of those stinky discussions here in TTB and I am really pissed off by them.

Secondly because I can't honestly see the point of comparing the styles in order to say which one is better: this question has no meaning for me.

Thirdly because taijiquan is like everything else, you practice the style you are in accord with: there is no such thing as one style for everyone.

Fourthly, I am not as educated as many here to give an explanation about what is so unique about Chen style: I had seen demonstrations of a number of styles before I saw Chen style and had begun Yang and when I saw Chen Xiaowang Laojia, it was love at first sight.

Yes, I know what you mean. I thought it was obvious to anybody about the Chen style. Anyway, the uniqueness about the Chen style was the practitioner had a little twist with the body after each hand movement. The little twist was like a duck wiggle its tail after a swim to let the hair dry. Watch it next time, it was very interesting. After all, I thought you are a fan of the Chen style because of this uniqueness.

Yes, I know what you mean. I thought it was obvious to anybody about the Chen style. Anyway, the uniqueness about the Chen style was the practitioner had a little twist with the body after each hand movement. The little twist was like a duck wiggle its tail after a swim to let the hair dry. Watch it next time, it was very interesting. After all, I thought you are a fan of the Chen style because of this uniqueness.

Sorry I didn't understood that it was a kind of trial.I didn't practice enough of Yang to really compare and get into those details. Thanks for the lesson.

Real taichi he ? :)

Here is the uniqueness of the Chen style, please notice that his body wiggles a little. You can tell by the movements of his shirt.

Real taichi he ? :)

Well I was mostly impressed by the way he was throwing around a guy that looked considerably bigger then himself.

Usually I don't like just the form or even "push hands" it just seems useless for combat purposes. (However I do understand its health purpose)

Well I was mostly impressed by the way he was throwing around a guy that looked considerably bigger then himself.

Usually I don't like just the form or even "push hands" it just seems useless for combat purposes. (However I do understand its health purpose)

Forms, sequences out of the form and standing (zz) are yust a way of strenght and coordination training. A way to learn how to use whole body power starting from the dantien. Forms are a way to get used to the reeling silk principle wich provides springiness and power. Pushhands is to develop sensitivity to an opponent. Combat is practiced in freestyle pushhands wich can be kinda rough, yust like regular sparring. Video's of fights or sparringsessions are scarse pitty. Here you can see fragments of what Chen taijiquan does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIc5NIfrnJs

This is called Fast Tai Ji at the intermediate level.

This is called Lao Jia Er lu, the second road or cannonfist of Chen taijiquan, like any other Chen form it can be practised slow (with clear intention to really grasp the movement) aswell as fast. Within the form itself there is also alternation between slow and fast movements. The person in the video is a Chen family member from Chenjiagou. Hope you mean the hight of he's stance when you say intermediate :)

Here is the uniqueness of the Chen style, please notice that his body wiggles a little. You can tell by the movements of his shirt.

Still dont quite understand, you cannot really classify Chen taijiquan on a few external features you noticed in a video, much happens within the body.

The uniqueness of Chen taijiquan is that the force originates from the dantian area wich you coordinate with the rest of the body using the principle of reeling silk (Chan Si Jing). In Chen taijiquan you have alternation between fast and slow movement with sudden explosive bursts of energy (fajin).

Chan Si Jing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnePBBnt1kc

Chen Yu the person in the quoted video is yust like Chen Zhiqian very oriented towards use in combat, applications and chinna :)

Usually I don't like just the form or even "push hands" it just seems useless for combat purposes.

Really?

minkus....

When I say "Fast Tai Ji", in general, that is next level to go into after the practice of the basic slow movements. I didn't mean the person in the video is at the intermediate level. He is in the highest level as one can see he was doing Fa Jin.... :)

Edited by ChiDragon

:standing ovation:

IMO, it's more about the teacher and student than the style.

• Like 1