Sign in to follow this  
Mal

IP banning to help stop Spam

Yeah, sad y'all had to go that route but the spammers were getting rediculous. One or two can easily be handled but that last one, how many was there? six I counted.

You might consider adding a contact on the home page should someone be unable to connect because their IP has been blocked.

Good idea.

I also enjoy the ammusing messages in the spam reports. Makes the task of deleting them a bit more fun :D

Good idea.

I also enjoy the ammusing messages in the spam reports. Makes the task of deleting them a bit more fun :D

Well, in that case I will try to be more creative than I have been. Hehehe.

:) we don't reply but we do read them.

Also realised that people might not even be able to see the front page if their IP is banned. We usually resort to face book when TTB is down for maintenance so I guess I'd better log on and put a message there.

:) we don't reply but we do read them.

Also realised that people might not even be able to see the front page if their IP is banned. We usually resort to face book when TTB is down for maintenance so I guess I'd better log on and put a message there.

I so feel your pain, I started my 1st ISP 15 years ago and I'm STILL spending time every week fighting spammers lol. I actually write scripts that add rules to the FreeBSD ip firewall based on spam/bad logins (attempts to brute force)... it's insane the lengths you have to go to. If you ever need another technical hand feel free to hit me up, I have joonux for breakfast every day lol.

On second thought, perhaps we need to create a powerful Fu for the server!!! Go go gadget calligraphy :)

Thanks mate,

We might take you up on that offer if we need to.

(Both the programing and the Fu :) )

Sign in to follow this