oat1239

Thoughts, like blowing leaves

For those who are so inclined, a place to express your meditation experiences.

Express your experiences in whatever way you wish.

thoughts, like blowing leaves

from whence comes the wind?

-

Edited by oat1239

I posted this in another thread earlier, but I guess it fits here...

After finishing my evening meditation this evening I was just sitting and relaxing. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular but I became aware of an interesting dichotomy. From one perspective the world can seem random, out of control, stark, relentlessly harsh, and even a downright nuthouse :), and from another perspective the world can seem perfect, complete, always providing exactly what is needed exactly when needed, always in perfect balance, and a beautiful comedic symphony, all at the same time. The difference is in perspective but the viewer has not moved. Strange, but not strange. :) It really seems true. Yang always must be counteracted by yin in this world. It is as it should be, but it is also not. :lol:

-

Actually, I haven't even meditated at all during the past few days. No idea why. Just a phase I'm going through, I guess.

Anyhow, your last post sent my mind to the "Objective reality" thread and concept. Our observations and perceptions change depending on our mood (harmony of Yin/Yang).

Actually, I haven't even meditated at all during the past few days. No idea why. Just a phase I'm going through, I guess.

Anyhow, your last post sent my mind to the "Objective reality" thread and concept. Our observations and perceptions change depending on our mood (harmony of Yin/Yang).

Yes, I agree that they do. What I have noticed however is that through the practice of meditation I have been slowly starting to see the world more and more continuously from towards the most positive perspective although I am at the same time fully aware of and involved in all the other stuff that goes on. It is like meditation slowly takes us to the more positive perspective while at the same time increasing our awareness of both perspectives. Our awareness of the overall taiji increases while at the same time we naturally are pulled towards the most positive portion of the taiji. :)

• Like 1

It is like meditation slowly takes us to the more positive perspective while at the same time increasing our awareness of both perspectives. Our awareness of the overall taiji increases while at the same time we naturally are pulled towards the most positive portion of the taiji. :)

I agree, especially with this. I would agree that meditation awakens our awareness. And yes, during and for a period afterwards our perspectives are not quite as limited as they are otherwise. I can see the advantages gained by those who meditate on a daily basis. (I'm not one of those. I'm not into rituals at all.)

This morning I was fortunate to see six different butterflies in my garden. They too were like out thoughts, blowing like leaves in the breeze. I like butterflies - such beautiful animals.

I can see the advantages gained by those who meditate on a daily basis. (I'm not one of those. I'm not into rituals at all.)

Meditation is also no form. It is also no action. If we can keep that with us then our life is always meditation. Easier said than (not) done though, I think. :)

This morning I was fortunate to see six different butterflies in my garden. They too were like out thoughts, blowing like leaves in the breeze. I like butterflies - such beautiful animals.

Butterflies are our teachers, like all things in nature.

Edited by oat1239

Sometimes, noises will help to distinguish from one than other for a better filtration. :)

Why look to judge or distinguish?

Inner silence has no separation.

:)

Why look to judge or distinguish?

Inner silence has no separation.

Can we have a silence environment all the time....??? Sometimes, the matter was that we do expose to a noisy environment. That may be our concern at times.

Sometimes I get lost.

Othertimes I find something significant.

Most of the time it just help me keep my balance.

But

There was this one time.

Sitting in a garden in Dorset (south coast UK).

Cloudy day, not much in the way of sun.

There was a moment, little more, where it all made sense. Contradictions resolved, ego gone. It was just the moment and nothing else.

Damn I wish I could get there again.

Can we have a silence environment all the time....??? Sometimes, the matter was that we do expose to a noisy environment. That may be our concern at times.

Inner silence (or sometimes called the "witness state") is always with you.

Paying attention to sounds or noise is like chatter in the mind. It just floats by, you decide whether you pay attention to it or not.

Damn I wish I could get there again.

I had to laugh. I was just recently told that those things happen only once.

And if you think about it, it has to be that way.

We can cross over the first time only once. All other experiences are building on that first crossing over.

Express your experiences in whatever way you wish.

thoughts, like blowing leaves

from whence comes the wind?

-

wind is the effect

of the thoughts floating by

Yes, I agree that they do. What I have noticed however is that through the practice of meditation I have been slowly starting to see the world more and more continuously from towards the most positive perspective although I am at the same time fully aware of and involved in all the other stuff that goes on. It is like meditation slowly takes us to the more positive perspective while at the same time increasing our awareness of both perspectives. Our awareness of the overall taiji increases while at the same time we naturally are pulled towards the most positive portion of the taiji. :)

This is interesting. I know exactly what you mean but I wonder if it is truly that we are pulled toward the "positive".

The positive means we are judging and choosing - this is better than that.

And yet the very thing that seems to be happening is a simple acceptance of this and that. Both without the judging and choosing.

This simple being, rather than choosing, brings with it peace and tranquility but it is in the presence of both positivity and negativity.

So after meditating for a while, I am more at peace even in the negative. Negative and positive aspects no longer affect me as much.

I hope I'm making sense....

This is interesting. I know exactly what you mean but I wonder if it is truly that we are pulled toward the "positive".

And yet the very thing that seems to be happening is a simple acceptance of this and that. Both without the judging and choosing.

This simple being, rather than choosing, brings with it peace and tranquility but it is in the presence of both positivity and negativity.

So after meditating for a while, I am more at peace even in the negative. Negative and positive aspects no longer affect me as much.

Ok, I see what you are saying. All I can say is my experince is that I slowly seem to be feeling that I am becoming more positive and viewing things more positively overall as a result of regular meditation practice. In other words I slowly seem to be becoming a more postive person overall. Maybe we are really saying the same thing but just expressing it a bit differently. :)

This may really have nothing to do with anything, but as a sort of analogy when a circuit is completed between the negative and positive terminals of a battery, the negative electrons always flow towards the positive terminal. The electrons don't think about it (actually, who really knows?) and decide to do so and they don't make any judgement call about it at all either. The negative electrons just naturally are pulled towards the positive terminal of the battery because it is their nature to do so. It is only if there is some interference introduced to this system such as breaking the circuit connection will this natural flow stop. Maybe meditation is akin to completeing the circuit in this analogy? Ok, maybe that is a not really a valid analogy at all but it sounds good. :)

Ok, maybe that is a not really a valid analogy at all but it sounds good. :)

Sounded good to me. Of course, I mess with electricity all the time and with batteries too so what you said was common knowledge to me.

But then, it is where that current passes through the resistance is where all the action is. Kinda' like Chi passing through each of us. Our resistance will determine the amount of activity.

Yeah, this sounds strange because we are told that we are not supposed to resist the natural flow. But how could our little light shine if we aren't applying some form of resistance?

Now my mind is screwed up. Hehehe.

Sounded good to me. Of course, I mess with electricity all the time and with batteries too so what you said was common knowledge to me.

But then, it is where that current passes through the resistance is where all the action is. Kinda' like Chi passing through each of us. Our resistance will determine the amount of activity.

Yeah, this sounds strange because we are told that we are not supposed to resist the natural flow. But how could our little light shine if we aren't applying some form of resistance?

Now my mind is screwed up. Hehehe.

Yes, but if there was resistance it would be more equivalent to the world glowing. :)

Anyway, it is more the general idea of slowly becoming more positive overall that I was getting at. I can't really explain why, but that is the effect it seems to have on me.

Edited by oat1239

Yes, but if there was resistance it would be more equivalent to the world glowing. :)

Anyway, it is more the general idea of slowly becoming more positive overall that I was getting at. I can't really explain why, but that is the effect it seems to have on me.

Yeah, I knew what you were pointing at. I was just seeing how much I could mess it up. Hehehe.

I am an optimist so don't take what I said above too seriously.

Very nicely said. Seems to me one's definitions of "the negative" also change. For example, one may start by thinking violence is an utter negative, then after some length of meditation experience one may recognize violence as one of the energies of the universe, from the microcosmic to the cosmic levels. And that violence is a force in the omnipresent process of change. One may still prefer peace, but come to appreciate it is only one side of the coin.

• Like 1

My thoughts seem to have become 'feelings' more than words. I wonder if I should put the words back on because sometimes I feel too much and actually 'wording' it seems to have a calming effect.

Hahaha, reverse-meditation :-)