Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

A Thought ...

Even if we do not know where we are going we should try to at least understand where we have been, where we are now, and how we got here.

Even that understanding is only like a sand slipping through the fingers in a long run.

At the same time I am definetly for being practical.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Even if we do not know where we are going we should try to at least understand where we have been, where we are now, and how we got here.

And when you know where you have been, where you are now, and how you got here, then you will also know where you are going :lol:

But yeah, sometimes its good to try and understand in deeper ways, other times we just have to trust in our current knowing.

• Like 1

Even that understanding is only like a sand slipping through the fingers in a long run.

At the same time I am definetly for being practical.

Yeah, I already picked up on the understanding that you are (I initially typed 'try to be but that didn't say my understanding) a practical-minded person.

And when you know where you have been, where you are now, and how you got here, then you will also know where you are going :lol:

But yeah, sometimes its good to try and understand in deeper ways, other times we just have to trust in our current knowing.

Yeah, that thought came to me when I had gotten up to go outside to feed the fish and I got a little dizzy. No really deep thoughts there - just reality.

I cant speak for those who have regretted all three. :)

Interesting statement.

Can we ever speak on the behalf of anyone else?

Sometimes we can't even speak well for ourself.

Why not just focus on the now, the rest is a mind game.

:)

Hehehe. Yeah, most of the time I do that but I can't help it when memories pop into my mind.

And even though I am retired I still do make plans for tomorrow occasionally. You know, dinner dates with friends, shopping trips, etc.

Myself, I am where I am supposed to be. Really no place to go but I do need go out and buy food now and again.

But anyhow, yeah, you have the right idea.

Myself, I am where I am supposed to be. Really no place to go but I do need go out and buy food now and again.

That is wisdom...

Chop wood and buy groceries...

Funny thing for me is that I keep finding myself being in a restaurant...

That is wisdom...

Chop wood and buy groceries...

Funny thing for me is that I keep finding myself being in a restaurant...

Strange. That is where I will be headed in about twenty minutes with a friend.

The past is a mind game but it is an incredibly powerful mind game which has enormous pressures on how you experience the now, unless at some point you heal those things which try to drag you back into the past you will always have a hard time in the present moment. Which is why in many Shamanistic paths they don't just say focus on the now like someone like Ekhart Tolle and some Buddhists do, rather they say the now is one point on the wheel of life and you need to do practices at other points on the wheel to get it all moving smoothly, like erasing personal history and healing your past in order to really live and appreciate the present moment.

This is correct. The key to knowing the future is understanding cause and effect; knowing what the effect of a given cause will be. A good way to analyze this, and come to understand this, is examining the past and present.

Edited by Immortal4life

... like erasing personal history and healing your past in order to really live and appreciate the present moment.

Yeah, but there are some of those memories I enjoy recalling. There have been many good time I have no regrets of.

*looks at bottom of shoe*

*sniffs*

ewwwww!!! I think I stepped in dog crap!!!

:excl::excl::excl:

:lol:

Apparently you forgot the part that says, "Watch where you are stepping."

(But yeah, I have had that experience. Not so nice.)

This is correct. The key to knowing the future is understanding cause and effect; knowing what the effect of a given cause will be. A good way to analyze this, and come to understand this, is examining the past and present.

Damn! I am required to agree with Immortal again. Hehehe.

You said that well, Immortal.

Sign in to follow this