Sign in to follow this  
Lotus7

Kundalini Yoga pdf free!

Hey guys just found a gem! It is Sivananda's book on Kundalini Yoga! Free!

www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.pdf

Note: I have not read this yet, so I am certainly not endorsing this. However, I found out about the pdf version from the Kundalini page on Facebook(yes I still use Facebook. I am a slave! :ph34r: )It got great reviews from some of the users there, so I thought should share it with you guys!

I am going to start reading it tonight.

Hey Seth Ananda, I have heard you(read posts) about you practicing Kundalini, and was just wondering if you have read this or not?

Anyway, I hope this was worthwhile!

Namaste,

Matt

• Like 2

Sorry guys, but I couldn't get the link to highlight, so either copy and paste or just go to google and type in, "Sivananda Kundalini Yoga pdf.

Love and light, Mateo

I have always found Pranayama to be extremely effective and helps activate my centers frighteningly fast. At the same time i am a dedicated proponent of the Taoist school of Alchemy.

How does one mix the two?

I do physical yoga and wai dan regularly and those seem to compliment each other, but when it comes to the internal alchemical processes described in both paths of attainment it seems that there is are significant differences.

Are there any major Taoist alchemical initiatory methods that adopt moving energy directly up the chong mai at the beginning?

And what of this scenario; You have a certain current of Qi built up in the false Dan Tien, you move it to the perineum and activate the Muladhara, it's throbbing, bobbing and all of the above. Is it safe then instead to take all that Qi after activating the Muladhara and move up to the solar plexus, skipping Qi Hai here assuming that it's already activated, and then proceed up the Sushumna?

Or how about turning the waterwheel running up the Du, down the Mai, completing the whole MCO and then on day two practicing Kundalini Yoga from Chakra 1 to 7.

Has anyone had any negative experience mixing the two?

I always get faster results with Pranayama, but i basically have the whole Taoist Alchemical process as per Lu K'Uan Yu and Richard Wilhem memorized. It's straight forward and explained step by step. I am lacking that raw approach from the Buddhist texts, which are often too flamboyant in their descriptions for a comfortable mental digestion. My highest aim is spiritual realization, but i appreciate the Taoist school more for also concentrating on external exercises and helping build, train and use Qi for physical and Martial applications as opposed to solely health benefits with physical Yoga. Are there any records of Buddhist Indian adepts with martial abilities like those? I am curious. Is that what they term "siddhis"?

In Yoga the most i am capable of deciphering of the alchemical process is that Kundalini (Yin) is raised up the chakras to meet and unite with Siva (Yang) and then you go into samadhi, but that is as much as i can decode. Taoists on the other hand move the Yin in partial quantities up the Du Mai through the brain then down the front and in time they manifest the true light, then bring down the light from the brain to copulate with the Lower Tan Tien and give birth to the spiritual embrio, then bring that back up again to the brain etc.

Comparatively, it seems both systems are moving Yin from the lows to the highs and uniting it with Yang. If i am not mistaken in Taoist Alchemy after the Real Tan Tien is strong, it is moved up the Chong Mai centrally to the brain, this is a procedure independent of the MCO. It seems as if the MCO practice helps you prepare and energize the meridians and increase their capacity for handling Qi, similarly in the way Physical yoga helps energize the nervous system and open the nadis to facilitate the environment for Kundalini rising.

Can i deduce because of this then, that Moving energy from the RTT up the Chong Mai is synonymous with Kundalini practice, and if so how do you classify MCO circulations and what is the relationship between semen retention and Kundalini practice?

How does one go about "taking advantage" of both of these schools at the same time without casing any harmful effects?

I'd also like to hear from people on their comparisons between MCO, Raising Chi up Chong Mai and Kundalini, why Taoists work with the Tan Tien first instead of the Perineum (Now that i wrote that i just realized that Regular and Reverse breathing includes breathing with the Perineum, so in essence Taoists work with Chakra 1 and 2 together at the start).

Thanx.

Edited by effilang

Great post!

My 2cts is that MCO helps prevent many of the "overheating" issues related to K rising. I feel it (MCO) to be a far safer route in the absence of more formal preparation as per yoga/pranayama. Some folks just aren't prepared but want to cultivate anyway plus our diets and lifestyle generally suck. Well, mine is not so bad but I'm no ascete. I do wonder about the various combinations of practices too. I figure this is advised against because the systems are pretty predictable in terms of results and mixing them up might mean that it's harder to advise if things don't work out as per the system. I'll be reading this thread with great interest! Thanks for it.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I am not currently practicing K, but I am deeply interested in future pursuit. Right now, as mentioned in another post, I am working with balancing and developing my chakras in order to center my entire being. I want to make sure that I am mentally, physically, and spiritually mature enough to open such a magnificent power.

I see so many people who believe they are ready to open their Kundalini, and end up defeating themselves with the pure lust of "power". I am not in this for ego, I am just a traveler along the Path, observing and participating in the journey. If, somewhere along the way, the Universe allows me to access and develop certain attainments, than so be it.

Anyway, carry on. This seems like a post that could go a long way, so keep the thread going!

Namaste, Matt

Sign in to follow this