oat1239

Demonstration of emitting qi

Why bother starting a post if you appear to know all the answers??wacko.gif No reply will change your point of view it would seem? The mind is a most powerful thing it can very easily fool you!

I am actually just stating my point of view and opinion, as you are. It's called a discussion. My view is based on direct personal experience, as I have explained. I think people can emit qi in different ways over a distance because I have experienced this personally on a number of occasions. I am also familiar with some of the training techniques for this. Just because someone tells me that they believe it can't be done does not change my experience. From a few of your other posts that I have seen it seems you have some real issues. Not really interested in wasting my time on this sort of silliness. You'll have to look somewhere else to try to stroke your ego.

Edited by oat1239

I am actually just stating my point of view and opinion, as you are. It's called a discussion. My view is based on direct personal experience, as I have explained. I think people can emit qi in different ways over a distance because I have experienced this personally on a number of occasions. I am also familiar with some of the training techniques for this. Just because someone tells me that they believe it can't be done does not change my experience. From a few of your other posts that I have seen it seems you have some real issues. Not really interested in wasting my time on this sort of silliness. You'll have to look somewhere else to try to stroke your ego.

I Haven't said it can't be done, have I? I don't believe putting fakers up from you tube and expecting everyone to think its marvelous is a wonderful thing to do! You can be fooled just the same as the rest of us can, the mind and body can make you experience many different things that are not necessarily real or true. That's how hypnotist work! How do we know what you've experienced is real especially when you put up obvious fakers for us to think is wonderful? You shouldn't be so naive! It appears to me that you've been sucked in to the whole thing, fakers and all!! It seems to me from your other posts that you have some real issues with anyone else who doesn't agree with you and what you think is real and right also. And so I can't be bothered trying to make you see that there is another view out there that doesn't involve an obsession with fakers, and master this and master that, who gives a shit about them(ref: to stigs thread) I don't think it will get anyone anywhere being able to burn paper if they really can. They still could be the worst person one could ever meet. So go stroke your own stupid ego!!tongue.gif

Well, I see topics like this can sure bring them out of the woodwork. Where's the button I click to alert the men in the white? :blink:

I have found this is a topic not worth discussing here due to the above reasons...

I see what you mean... :)

After finishing my evening meditation this evening I was just sitting and relaxing. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular but I became aware of an interesting dichotomy. From one perspective the world can seem random, out of control, stark, relentlessly harsh, and even a downright nuthouse :), and from another perspective the world can seem perfect, complete, always providing exactly what is needed exactly when needed, always in perfect balance, and a beautiful comedic symphony, all at the same time. The difference is in perspective but the viewer has not moved. Strange, but not strange. :) It really seems true. Yang always must be counteracted by yin in this world. It is as it should be, but it is also not. :lol:

Sceptic is not my identity, nor do I identify with any such movement.

Finally, I don't practice it.

What I meant to communicate is that based on my prior conditioning and my current understanding, I tend not to accept or believe things very readily that are not in some way observable, credible, or consistent with my personal experience. My background is in Western science followed by about 10 years of study and training in Daoist arts. I try to have a very open mind but I try not to be gullible. I don't like to "believe" things or "disbelieve" things when I can avoid it. I prefer to know or simply not know rather than to believe.

I was using sceptic more as a descriptive term of my tendency, nothing more. Thanks for calling me on that unskillful statement.

I'm not advocating this position for anyone else, just stating what exists for me.

This demonstration just feels like a phony to me. If someone were able to so readily burn paper with their Qi in what looks like a scientific setting, we would be seeing much broader evidence of this - peer reviewed papers, more organized demonstrations, and so on. This would make these folks rich and famous if it were true. You can talk around that but it's just the way I see it.

I think it was perfectly fine for you to call yourself a skeptic. Saying so is merely the condensed version of the four paragraphs you just typed. That's what skepticism is. We have words like this to make things easier for conversational purposes. Those who nitpick at little words usually miss the point of the conversation. Language isn't perfect. And ironically those who are always looking for subtle errors will have them in their speech as well. It's just the result of practicality =/. It would have been better for the person to ask you to elaborate than to tell you that you were wrong.

Suppose there is lots of techniques to manipulate qi or focalize it that are kept secret. The demo on the girl looked much more convincing due to the type of blotch on her skin. Its a clever thing if its not a clever hoax, and could attract the type of person who likes John Chang vids, not quite on the spiritual path, but runnning parallel to it in some respects, and perhaps will build enough wisdom in the future to get beyond wishing for abilities to do parlor tricks.

After finishing my evening meditation this evening I was just sitting and relaxing. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular but I became aware of an interesting dichotomy. From one perspective the world can seem random, out of control, stark, relentlessly harsh, and even a downright nuthouse :), and from another perspective the world can seem perfect, complete, always providing exactly what is needed exactly when needed, always in perfect balance, and a beautiful comedic symphony, all at the same time. The difference is in perspective but the viewer has not moved. Strange, but not strange. :) It really seems true. Yang always must be counteracted by yin in this world. It is as it should be, but it is also not. :lol:

On that we agree entirely.

:)

I think it was perfectly fine for you to call yourself a skeptic. Saying so is merely the condensed version of the four paragraphs you just typed. That's what skepticism is. We have words like this to make things easier for conversational purposes. Those who nitpick at little words usually miss the point of the conversation. Language isn't perfect. And ironically those who are always looking for subtle errors will have them in their speech as well. It's just the result of practicality =/. It would have been better for the person to ask you to elaborate than to tell you that you were wrong.

Thank you for saying that.

I wanted to ask if this school really has control over the Yin Chi like the Mopai. I remember in The Magus Of Java that john chang grabbed a coin and bent it in half for a challenge. He also communicated with spirits and levitates. I think people have become too focused on this electrical shock instead of the energy behind it.  does the system offer these abilities also ?

Your welcome. Another question i had is

pg 17 of kostas neikung book. He says directly Level 3 students cannot be Cut with a knife when aware of the blow. As we seen earlier john chang was able to withstand razor blades (slicing) with ease, a very different story to chopping with a dull knife as we seee on youtube nowdays. Does Master Jiangs system also offer immunity from bladed weapons or some form of invulnerability apart from basic ironshirt or hard qigong.