Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

General discussion is not Off Topic

Just wanted to point out the random generalness of the General Discussion is looking a bit too much like Off Topic. I'm pretty sure the posts should relate to the spiritual path somehow...

• Like 2

Yes good point HE:

Eclectic discussion across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice. As long as you are up for a good time and remain respectful, you're welcome to discuss your path.

This is on the title page.

Just wanted to point out the random generalness of the General Discussion is looking a bit too much like Off Topic. I'm pretty sure the posts should relate to the spiritual path somehow...

That got a belly laugh. Hehehe.

Hey, even our Taoist discussions go way off topic now and again. Maybe it's the moods of the season. Or maybe the Season of the Witch?

Edited by Marblehead

Yes good point HE:

This is on the title page.

Thanks. I find the topics interesting and also important, but there is a room for that party.

I'm also hoping they take it to the basement 'cause I'd like to see more of this stuff from the people who hang out here. Seems there's some more rare sides to it. Shit, we could have a Vmarco room when he gets back.. :lol:

Exactly what is spiritual and what is not? Would you care to define and enlighten us?

Exactly what is spiritual and what is not? Would you care to define and enlighten us?

I would care to. These are not spiritual threads:

Globalist Agenda

Archaelogical Cover ups

Information Wars

Time for some Shit (as awesome as that topic is)

And whatever other ones are along those same lines...

• Like 1

Be like water my friend. It does not strive with the opponent it flows around.

I have always liked the taobums cause we are not some very rigid forum like some i have been part of in the past. A good example that i hope the taobums never become is form my own life. I got banned from an irc chat room for bad spelling and grammar.

So lets just try and do our besty to make this a nice place and not strive with the people.

Globalist Agenda

Information Wars

:blush:

Globalist Agenda

Archaelogical Cover ups

Information Wars

What ... shit is not spiritual ... really?

Had one the other day that was pretty enlightening ... certainly felt lighter after.

:lol:

What ... shit is not spiritual ... really?

Had one the other day that was pretty enlightening ... certainly felt lighter after.

:lol:

You were already light. You just didn't realize it.

Because of.... the shit.

• Like 1

Damned if I know, but maybe it might be about intention. So if the "globalist" agenda and "information" wars are playing heavily upon folks, i figure, yup, t'is indeed "spiritual". And until one considers all aspects of "spiritual" IME/IMO what's not to say it all is. Indeed separating "spiritual" and "religious" and "political" and "scientific" is I reckon one of the reasons the right people aren't talking with each other and the wrong ones are. Who are the "wrong" ones. Ah yes, that's up for a multifaceted discussion. Just don't mention sex.

Globalist Agenda

Archaelogical Cover ups

Information Wars

You only stated an opinion and offered no definition of spirituality, which can never be defined.

if a topic does not suit my taste or interest i can always find another thread to participate in.

different strokes for different folks.

I kinda agree with Harmonious. Yet there are times I enjoy the off topics in general discussion, but I don't like when they start overwhelming the more philosophical stuff.

Michael 'Getoffmylawn' thelerner

I really resonate with Anthony Demello's definition of spirituality - spirituality means waking up.

Waking up to who and what we are and what is going on in our lives - cutting through the bullshit.

So shit, therefore, is a very important part of that and must be recognized in all it's myriad forms...

:D

Really, Off Topic is pretty dry, but if there was consistently interesting stuff put in there it would be pretty cool. It would also keep the General Discussion more focused and not risk inviting hijacking by activists in the future, while also making Off Topic a fertile space for these issues which many people would be interested in.

A one stop shop with relevant departments for good Feng Shui? That would be one Taoist way to do it...

Really, Off Topic is pretty dry, but if there was consistently interesting stuff put in there it would be pretty cool. It would also keep the General Discussion more focused and not risk inviting hijacking by activists in the future, while also making Off Topic a fertile space for these issues which many people would be interested in.

A one stop shop with relevant departments for good Feng Shui? That would be one Taoist way to do it...

Hijacking by activists? huh what does that meen?

Hijacking by activists? huh what does that meen?

just barging in with politics, like activists hijacking a political debate with arbitrary agendas. If you haven't seen this on every internet forum then I don't know where you've been.. The internet is great for political initiatives given the access to information and decent sized audiences.

Forum-jacking was more intense when the Bush regime was still around (when I couldn't resist doing it myself from time to time) than it is today, but the rest of my post you quoted applies nonetheless, no?

I'm thinking that philosophy is intimately linked to politics and culture and other things such as the use of resources, relationships between people of different beliefs, healthcare...I guess if I continue I'll end up becoming more "general" than the general discussion:-) Anyway, why bother with philosophy if it's not really part of your concrete living experience? If you're going to be a non-dualist for example then why make distinctions between spirituality and politics or the economy or any "thing" else? I don't think I know the answer.

I'm thinking that philosophy is intimately linked to politics and culture and other things such as the use of resources, relationships between people of different beliefs, healthcare...I guess if I continue I'll end up becoming more "general" than the general discussion:-) Anyway, why bother with philosophy if it's not really part of your concrete living experience? If you're going to be a non-dualist for example then why make distinctions between spirituality and politics or the economy or any "thing" else? I don't think I know the answer.

I appreciate and agree with your point, however, it's a Taoist forum to begin with, so even the Off Topic is connected to it, as I see it...

Is Lao Tzu 'off topic' when he comments on political and social Issues? :D

Well, he was talking more about a philosophical approach to solving the issues, but good point nonetheless, lol..

really, I'm just trying to avoid a take over since politicos tend to be very zealous on the net and can quickly overwhelm a forum when they see an open platform. It's not at that point, but I think it would suck if that happened, though maybe a politics room or some thing would open up if it got to that point..

I do have the Tao of Politics (Masters of Huainan), maybe should start a topic regarding Taoist Political theory. The Wen Tzu is also really interesting on these topics.

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this