somebody has been browsing gumtree :)

i stumbled across this yesterday and signed up. had nothing to lose. haven't tried the picture thing, but a short while after signing up my chakras felt a nice warm energy one after the other. very methodical. i ran from my computer, found my meditation cushion and cleared my mind to help the healing.

when in this state i felt a spiritual entity, blue in colour, examining and adjusting my energies. it was definately different to other beings i have come across, who seem to have stronger energies. Maybe it's due to my constant sensitivity increase that i was able to perceive it. if i was able to see auras i would've done this in front of a mirror - but that's a skill i have yet to teach myself.

unfortunately, i had to abruptly stop when the energy had reached my sixth chakra. however, i still felt it as i was going about my business. the energy completed it's tour of the chakras and afterward there was an intense tingling of the spine.

she has agreed to teach me the Reiki 1 course/attunement.

goodness me! I'm glad I asked here... that's very interesting!

I havent been browsing gumtree - there was an article about her in a womans magazine. What was on gumtree? Presumably that was the edinboro' branch.. what section?

I tell you what occurrs to me though is that is quite a high level of intervention that you describe. I wonder what the shadow side of that is.. ie what particular vibration is one being attuned to, and is such a thing open to abuse?

i hurt my rotator cuff and it's been taking some time to heal, so i'll join the circle and report back results.

In any case, I don't believe people have power to heal other people..even jesus (arguably the best role model for healing) would say 'your faith has healed you'..he didn't claim any specific power by himself.

But I am extremely interested in the healing arts, so it's worth investigating and discussing..

T

I don't believe people have power to heal other people

I have no idea of knowing how you came to this conclusion. Mind if I ask some questions?

Surely you are aware of the Mind, Body and Soul/Spirit model. If my mind is emotionally troubled, this can make it's manifestation as a bodily symptom (e.g. stress and hunched shoulders). If I then attend a healing arts practitioner who manipulated my body with the aim of healing the bodily manifestation, and it cures my emotional state, surely I have been healed by another?

Or do you believe that my consciousness manifested the practitioner and his/her abilities?

I would very much like clarification. Cheers :)

I think what he means is this: the "healer" doesn`t really heal anyone, he enables the person to heal themselves.

Will check out that site later, when I have more time. The woman looks nice at first glance though.

I have no idea of knowing how you came to this conclusion. Mind if I ask some questions?

Surely you are aware of the Mind, Body and Soul/Spirit model. If my mind is emotionally troubled, this can make it's manifestation as a bodily symptom (e.g. stress and hunched shoulders). If I then attend a healing arts practitioner who manipulated my body with the aim of healing the bodily manifestation, and it cures my emotional state, surely I have been healed by another?

Or do you believe that my consciousness manifested the practitioner and his/her abilities?

I would very much like clarification. Cheers :)

I think Pero said it best, but to use your example, suppose you rested against a tree that had a knob protruding, and that knob pressed against your tight shoulder, relaxing you and your state of mind. Did the tree heal you? The tree had no power in itself. You allowed yourself to be healed. You became of aware of the tension and released it. All the stuff going on to get you there is personal and probably unexplainable, but it's you.

When you attend to the healing arts practicioner, you are opening yourself up. It's your belief this person can help you. But ultimately you allow it.

Believing other people have powers is a trap and disempowers yourself.

When someone works on us, we enter a partnership.

Hope that makes sense..

T

I guess I am a little sceptical / not immediately trusting about this distance healing without any seeming level of contact.

Some of these ideas are discussed in the quantum version of 'what the bleep do we know'. how particles are connected even though they are in different parts of the universe. also studies about how intention can link the brains of two people..for example, stimulating one person makes the brain of the other person linked via intention stimulate also..

hmmmmm

T

I think you can tune into people's energetic vibrations and send energy their way for sure. Whether or not the people doing this are actually qualified to mess with people's souls (which is what you're doing when you do any kind of energy work) after taking some weekend-long intensives is a different story.

My friend is a Reiki "master". I was in extreme pain passing a kidneystone and she did the finger extendo thing to me. I felt the "psychic" fingers smashing up the stone. the pain went away and I pissed out the stone a few hours later. I can't explain the mechanics of it but it worked.

well, just think of this logically..if someone can smash a kidney stone (which takes lasers/sound) with psychic fingers, one would think there would be evidence of other manipulations that we would take for granted. The mostly likely explanation is that your belief in her cured you, your brain created a sensation of fingers to make it all fit in the model. I'm sure she would say everyone experiences it in a different way..another sign that it's an individual thing. We certainly wouldn't be debating this, everyone who had a dying relative would have her booked solid to do surgery.

I really like this discussion because it's making me think through my ideas about healing.

Thanks..

T

I went to see Amma once, who is said to be an avatar - she gave a huge audience and we queued for hours to get a hug and a transmission. A few seconds with her was bliss - creating for hours. why are these things so peripheral to our culture?

This is a truly mystifying aspect of mysticism, to me.

The truly mystifying aspect is that we are unaware or worse, afraid, of this greatness within ourselves.

I think you can tune into people's energetic vibrations and send energy their way for sure. Whether or not the people doing this are actually qualified to mess with people's souls (which is what you're doing when you do any kind of energy work) after taking some weekend-long intensives is a different story.

I disagree. Of course my disagreement depends on what your definition of a soul is. My own definition is kind of fuzzy, and the truth is, I don`t know what a soul is, I think if I did really know, I would be enlightened. However, my belief sort of, is that it`s the very base of me, or maybe more right to say that it is the real "me". So basically nobody can "mess" with that "base". How could anybody mess with "my" original nature or whatever it`s called. So energy work IMO isn`t "messing" with souls, it`s "messing" with energy, which could however be considered as a manifestation of the soul.

On the topic of healing, I have a friend who had gall stones (are they called like that in English?). The doctor told him he would need a surgery. But before doing that, my friend went to a healer, who heals with angels if I remember right. In the end he didn`t need surgery, the stones disappeared. However it was not only the healer who did the work. My friend had to change his diet, way of thinking (although I`m not so sure of that he he) and he was eating some kind of informed pills. So I think going to a healer certainly helps and can speed up the healing process, but you have to do work on your own as well.

Yeah, I can't argue about it logically, only based on what I have seen.

I do agree you have to do your own work--whether that is choosing (to heal) or letting someone else mess with your soul.

I am HIGHLY skeptical of such things as this...

I tried it.. I did feel some energy. not alot, certainly not enough to be 'healing'...

I won't immediately withdraw my skepticism, though. (I think I may even have had similiar experiences, though much more profound, on another internet forum...)

What exactly did you sign up for, dude, so you got the chakra buzz? I want a chakra buzz...

I haven't tried the website, but I don't see anything odd about it... we are all influenced by the people we are around even if we just hang out with them mentally. In "think and grow rich" one of the main tools is to imagine being in the company of so and so who was a great banker, orator, basketball player, etc in order to incorporate those qualities. Many spiritual traditions call for imagining a guru, Jesus, a black bear, the north star, etc...

I'll check it out.

-Yoda

Just checked it out, and could definitely feel something. Her photo was powerful like that of a child's... the force is strong in that one!

I'd like to know how thaddeus has experienced it.

My experience has been disasterous. My shoulder is still hurt, no change at all there. Second, within an hour or so of signing up, my world at work has completely fallen apart. I have had more problems this one week than I can ever remember and in fact, things seem to be getting worse. If I was more superstitious, I would believe there was some kind of connection and would love to undo my sign up. I'll give an example, Thursday night i was stuck at my desk until 2am and had to be back at work (1.5 hour commute each way) by 7am. It's pretty much almost like this everyday.

I'm having a completely opposite experience. My life really really sucks right now, I can't emphasize that any more.

So that's my angle here..and I was open minded to this.

T

So that's my angle here..and I was open minded to this.

T

while I do not really believe in this stuff regarding your experience I tend to say:

wait a little longer before judging!

I always come back to a Bill Harris' statement:

Chaos precedes a new order!

And if one likes it or not: healing can be difficult!

just my 2 cents

Harry

Wow, that sucks man. Hard to tell if it`s connected. In any case it obviously isn`t helping you. I`m just about to check it more myself since I have a cold. Though I don`t know how I`ll be able to tell if it has helped me or not, since I do my own practice...

Hehe Harry, we posted at the same time. :)

That is absolutely true.

Well, I definately feel something from the picture, like energy coming out. Where do you sing up to what you guys were talking about?

while I do not really believe in this stuff regarding your experience I tend to say:

wait a little longer before judging!

I always come back to a Bill Harris' statement:

Chaos precedes a new order!

just my 2 cents

Harry

thanks for that..keeping an open mind..and remembering this all an illusion like somehow a projection of my inner state..although i don't fully understand that..

T