Sign in to follow this  
cloud recluse

Save My Rancid Blood

Ive been told by 2 different Chinese Medical Practitioners,by virtue of pulse diagnosis,that Ive been eating far too much sugar & I need to clean out my system a bit.So,what do you take to purge the gunge from overly frequent chocolate binges from your bloodstream.Any suggestions anyone?

I would try wine,

Seriously - a good mid-range red from France around $10 a bottle...it may ease yr blood - sugar levels down more than jones ya with a drastic drop...-

And less seriously ... even if it doesn't work perfectly you will enjoy the change of pace remember- " candy is dandy but liquer is quicker"

AND...You can always write poems to the moon and your own reflection -like Li Po .

I think if it works for the French with their heavy diet of canard avec beurre and such - well it can't hurt a choco-holic...

Good luck!!!

I worry 'bout blood sugar too... Fear of Diabetic mayhem etc...

Edited by Wayfarer64

Ive been told by 2 different Chinese Medical Practitioners,by virtue of pulse diagnosis,that Ive been eating far too much sugar & I need to clean out my system a bit.So,what do you take to purge the gunge from overly frequent chocolate binges from your bloodstream.Any suggestions anyone?

you're going to have some kind of rebound effect if you go cold turkey...replace the sugar with harder to digest sugars that will balance your blood sugar..lot's of fiber to bring you back to balance slowly..

anyway, with these TCM doctors you need to ask them what to do..no one really knows what he/she might mean by too much sugar..for pete's sake, everything else is abstract and indirect, what makes you think sugar mean sugar..

T

Hmmmm.I must admit,I do have a weakness for Port.Would that do the trick? :D

where does one get this idea that alcohol will lower blood sugar? it doesn't even mesh with common sense..it's all simple sugars..think grape juice..

Hmmmm.I must admit,I do have a weakness for Port.Would that do the trick? :D

as in - Any Port in a storm? I guess a dryer wine would make a better change for the situation being addressed-(blood sugar) as port can be pretty sweet stuff... And a dry port offers a ship no harbor(sorry... puns make me happy)

alcohol is well reputed for lowering blood sugar levels. apparently the most common reason for gaining a beer belly is actually eating more! appetite is roused by the slight lowering of the blood sugar levels caused by alcohol, thus making you more likely to eat.

personally i would recommend cannabis over alcohol. decreases the sugar levels far more. this is how the munchies come about. inhale through a vapourisor if you are worried about your lungs.

also, cut out all soft drinks (you should do this anyway, regardless of who is reading). don't go for the diet soft drinks as they contain aspartame, which is very bad for you. only one glass of fruit juice a day. at least 2 litres of water a day. 2 or 3 cups of organic green tea if you can stomach it(prepared properly: boil the water, pour into mug, wait about 3 - 4 minutes when the temp as dropped sufficiently and brew no longer than 2 minutes)

avoid sugary cereals for breakfast, cakes, sweets etc...

lots of fruit and veg. fruit contains a fair bit of sugar, limit it to perhaps 4 or 5 pieces a day.

if you must eat chocolate: eat it after a meal to avoid over consumption, make sure it's at least 70% cocoa and no more than 100g a day. chocolate of high cocoa concentration has been proven time and again to be good for your body.

alcohol is well reputed for lowering blood sugar levels.

i did a little google and apparantly this is correct! but it lowers it in a bad way, the alcohol temporarily disrupts the ability of the liver to process sugar, so the sugar can drop..big problem for diabetics esp. if they are on insulin..

T

On a less then serious level, forget port, dark chocolate goes great with Cabernet Savignon, Or a spicy red Zinfandel.

On a more serious level, drink clean water 8 to 10 glasses a day. Buy some of the little dove chocolate candies and only have one or two a day. There are lots of gentle detox teas around try them.

Don't do anything to drastic. Eat fruits and veggies drink lots of clean water and your body will take care of itself.

Michael

You're looking for a magic cleanout or an herb or pill so you can keep eating all the chocolate you want.

It doesn't work that way. Eliminate the chocolate. Find a substitute. Fresh fruit is a good bet.

As Michael says drink water - plenty of fruits and veggies.

Your body will heal itself.

A wise being once said (it wasn't me :rolleyes:) " All the time you thought you were enjoying your pleasures they were enjoying you"

you're going to have some kind of rebound effect if you go cold turkey...replace the sugar with harder to digest sugars that will balance your blood sugar..lot's of fiber to bring you back to balance slowly..

I agree with this tactic. Potatoes Not Prozac discusses this in depth.

Karen has this awesome recipe on her website, where you can make your own chocolate with raw cocoa powder, raw honey and raw coconut. YUM!!!!!!!!!

You're looking for a magic cleanout or an herb or pill so you can keep eating all the chocolate you want.

It doesn't work that way. Eliminate the chocolate. Find a substitute. Fresh fruit is a good bet.

A wise being once said (it wasn't me :rolleyes:) " All the time you thought you were enjoying your pleasures they were enjoying you"

My pleasures can enjoy me all they want to. It only seems fair don't it?

I recently read that a few oz's of dark chocolat and one /two glasses of red wine every day are very good for us older folks- anti-oxidents is the thing to that. Everything in moderation even moderation heh...

And yes no booz for diabetics period! And no chocalate for dogs! and yada yada it seems sometimes that everything is bad for us in one way or another. Relax you are only young once -(a life time) so hey enjoy the run while ya can. Aging isn't as easy as it looks. But the alternative is lousy! And good health is very prescious indeed...But a life without expeiences is a blank page...

I drink a half gallon of filtered water every day and eat as much fruit as I want -I'm actually trying a new diet as stated on another thread (and I still drink coffee in the am -but it is now cold instead of hot)...I gave myself some wiggle-room!

So try many ways to eat healthfully... and find the one that works for you- this may be a combo of systems or whatever ...don't rush it ;don't sweat it; and don't worry! Your stressing is the worst thing for you bar none!

I recently read that a few oz's of dark chocolat and one /two glasses of red wine every day are very good for us older folks- anti-oxidents is the thing to that. Everything in moderation even moderation heh...

And yes no booz for diabetics period! And no chocalate for dogs! and yada yada it seems sometimes that everything is bad for us in one way or another. Relax you are only young once -(a life time) so hey enjoy the run while ya can. Aging isn't as easy as it looks. But the alternative is lousy! And good health is very prescious indeed...But a life without expeiences is a blank page...

I drink a half gallon of filtered water every day and eat as much fruit as I want -I'm actually trying a new diet as stated on another thread (and I still drink coffee in the am -but it is now cold instead of hot)...I gave myself some wiggle-room!

So try many ways to eat healthfully... and find the one that works for you- this may be a combo of systems or whatever ...don't rush it ;don't sweat it; and don't worry! Your stressing is the worst thing for you bar none!

Whatever

Ummm,not really.Im actually perfectly happy to let the chocolate go.I just went kind of nuts on it for a while & made my system a bit toxic :)

Now its true that I a DO want a cleanout,coz I got the impression thta would be a good move now AS WELL as a better diet.

So,in addition to fresh water,fruit & vegies,what would PARTICULARLY help shift the sludge? (Havent had time to look at all the posts here yet,but I just wanted to make clear what Im looking for)

Regards,Cloud :)

Ummm,not really.Im actually perfectly happy to let the chocolate go.I just went kind of nuts on it for a while & made my system a bit toxic :)

Now its true that I a DO want a cleanout,coz I got the impression thta would be a good move now AS WELL as a better diet.

So,in addition to fresh water,fruit & vegies,what would PARTICULARLY help shift the sludge? (Havent had time to look at all the posts here yet,but I just wanted to make clear what Im looking for)

Regards,Cloud :)

Your body will clean out on it's own.

At some point when you are eating better you might try a water fast.

Ummm,not really.Im actually perfectly happy to let the chocolate go.

why is chocolate getting such a bad rap? cocoa is actually good for you...yeah milk chocolate is generally loaded with sugar and sometimes worse..hydrogenated oils..but alot of chocolate now has a high cocoa content and is actually more healthy than red wine. cocoa butter does not adversely affect your lipid profile, in fact, research suggests it will make it better. One thing for sure, it's a nitric oxide releaser..which means..great for your arteries, great for your brain and great for the bedroom..even modulates inflammation..so..enjoy it.

t

Your body will clean out on it's own.

At some point when you are eating better you might try a water fast.

I dunno man,my bodies not as efficient as it used to be :lol:

Have to admit though,Ive never actually tried a deliberate fast of any sort.

Whatever

Yes whatever works for you at the moment and using all of your being to experience the full life you are offered and blessed with every moment...Pleasures most naturally encluded.

Read some Li Po - he's translated into English- to catch the wine groove on paper if you can't stomach the real thing.

Puritanical self denial is not always a way to find purity. sometimes it justs makes you grumpy self-rightious and poor company...The most narrow-minded folks I have ever met - were sure that they had found all the answers. Open-minds are usually not cynical.

whatever indeed. I laugh with the moon in your general direction.

I laugh with the moon in your general direction.

are you paraphrasing monty python here? his version was more colorful..and smelly...lmao..

Yes whatever works for you at the moment and using all of your being to experience the full life you are offered and blessed with every moment...Pleasures most naturally encluded.

Read some Li Po - he's translated into English- to catch the wine groove on paper if you can't stomach the real thing.

Puritanical self denial is not always a way to find purity. sometimes it justs makes you grumpy self-rightious and poor company...The most narrow-minded folks I have ever met - were sure that they had found all the answers. Open-minds are usually not cynical.

whatever indeed. I laugh with the moon in your general direction.

Your response sounds a bit judgemental to me but I could be wrong.

Your response sounds a bit judgemental to me but I could be wrong.

Hey Maybe I read you wrong as being cynical about my advice to relax and enjoy life rather than strive for some higher experience... When for me being in the moment is the highest experience I need. I do not seek power over my body nor my spirit only the unity of them in a harmonic hum of livin'...Sometimes the not doing works as well as the striving- I meant no judgement, I meant to be funny and lighten up the thread again as it has been pretty light hearted. Buy hey if purging works for you now thats something I have used with some success too. Yet that too has a down side... a dear friend of mine nearly died from a purging meant to rid him of a huge intestinal worm. The worm left his ematiated body but the process nearly killed him. Everything in its place and time my friend...

One of my favorite travel tales is about I guy I met In Guatamala who was fed up with stories of purging and colonic irrigation, he went on a hilarious rant about it at a cantina in Chichicastanango...

Generally, taking in food and drugs and making love is a bit more comforting and raises one's inner-being more than purging or colonic irrigation etc...

Often I would rather be funny than right- I hope it isn't a very big problem. I do take the addiction to chocolate seriously but the humor found in human folly is always going to bubble up to my surface and annoy some people - So I appologize for any umbrage raised.

(and I still drink coffee in the am - but it is now cold instead of hot)

why are you drinking this coffee cold? are you cold brewing it or is there a specific reason you are ingesting it cold?

why are you drinking this coffee cold? are you cold brewing it or is there a specific reason you are ingesting it cold?

Cold-brewing yes or more like Sun brewing (but there has been litle sun here of late.).. I am trying a "raw-food diet challange" that started on a different thread here at TaoBums...Water, fruit,nuts,veggies, (I am also eating cooked brown rice to keep me sated). The rest of this belongs on the other thread perhaps- 7day challange-

Hey Maybe I read you wrong as being cynical about my advice to relax and enjoy life rather than strive for some higher experience... When for me being in the moment is the highest experience I need. I do not seek power over my body nor my spirit only the unity of them in a harmonic hum of livin'...Sometimes the not doing works as well as the striving- I meant no judgement, I meant to be funny and lighten up the thread again as it has been pretty light hearted. Buy hey if purging works for you now thats something I have used with some success too. Yet that too has a down side... a dear friend of mine nearly died from a purging meant to rid him of a huge intestinal worm. The worm left his ematiated body but the process nearly killed him. Everything in its place and time my friend...

One of my favorite travel tales is about I guy I met In Guatamala who was fed up with stories of purging and colonic irrigation, he went on a hilarious rant about it at a cantina in Chichicastanango...

Generally, taking in food and drugs and making love is a bit more comforting and raises one's inner-being more than purging or colonic irrigation etc...

Often I would rather be funny than right- I hope it isn't a very big problem. I do take the addiction to chocolate seriously but the humor found in human folly is always going to bubble up to my surface and annoy some people - So I appologize for any umbrage raised.

No problem.

Sign in to follow this