Sign in to follow this  
templetao

As the Tao Turns

Just thinking about current events here it is almost like a taoist soap opera around here.

I check in everyday to keep up with the latest episodes(forumsodes) :lol:

So maybe this thread can be kept up as a ttb narrative of current events of other threads here by the members.

It's always like a soap opera here.

Thank goodness our moderators delete all the commercials!

Well, the horse is dead so we should be seeing a new horse soon. Or maybe one of those closely related animals. (I almost spilled the beans but was able to regain my balance.)

If we get good participation here this thread might get moved to "The Pits".

• Like 2

If we get good participation here this thread might get moved to "The Pits".

uh oh *looks nervously behind his shoulders* I think the thought police might converge...

Look busy..

uh oh *looks nervously behind his shoulders* I think the thought police might converge...

Look busy..

I've been busy. Just posted another TTC Chapter.

Ah! The Thought Police. I better shut up.

Just thinking about current events here it is almost like a taoist soap opera around here.

I check in everyday to keep up with the latest episodes(forumsodes) :lol:

So maybe this thread can be kept up as a ttb narrative of current events of other threads here by the members.

yeah, by choice I don't have a television, but I don't think TV ever hooked me like TTB. It's like a bag of chips -- "ehh, one more.. mmm, a few more.." and then the bag is done and I can't believe I'm still sitting here, but the bag just keeps on filling!

Maybe this thread can be like General Hospital, or better yet, CELEBRITY REHAB, LOL, and people can come in for counseling on their TTB procrastination addiction?

(I do watch TV at my girlfriends place -_- )

... and then the bag is done and I can't believe I'm still sitting here, but the bag just keeps on filling!

That cracked me up. Hehehe.

Yeah, interactive TV is much better than regular TV.

I think it is going to snow somewhere.

Doing it wrong? :)

StormTrooper1.jpg

Stormtrooper "Yes Sir, right away Sir..."

We and Everything is Connected.

??

Do you guys even know what you're talking about?? Or you just drank too many soda pops :blink:

I don't know about the stormtrooper or the jedi assholes :P

The dominoes scene is a great scene.

"I felt like I had seen everything that had happened, and everything that was going to happen..."

"So do you know what's going to happen?"

"No. It was a feeling".

:lol:

Incidentally, his description seems like a very good description of karma. A chain of events which started a very long time ago, the sequences being acted out now. We participate, but to a certain extent, our actions in the present are dictated by those which have already happened, and they, in turn, dictate how the future will unfold. Someone with the proper perspective may very easily be able to see the future.

The Wachowski brothers did the screenplay (according to wikipedia, and for those who don't know, they also did the Matrix trilogy), and I think they are very familiar with such concepts.

But I digress....

I, for one, was trying to make a double entendre.

On the surface, if you are having to watch tv at your girlfriend's house, then you are "doing it wrong", as in, you are watching tv the wrong way- you should get your own.

The other meaning, of course, being that if you're at your girlfriend's house and you are watching tv, it means you are doing it wrong, as in, doing "her" wrong, as in, you aren't doing her, and instead are watching tv, and you need to get on it. :P

Of course, you could be watching tv after. Or just before. But jokes aren't always meant to cover all logistic eventualities :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

On the surface, if you are having to watch tv at your girlfriend's house, then you are "doing it wrong", as in, you are watching tv the wrong way- you should get your own.

The other meaning, of course, being that if you're at your girlfriend's house and you are watching tv, it means you are doing it wrong, as in, doing "her" wrong, as in, you aren't doing her, and instead are watching tv, and you need to get on it. :P

Of course, you could be watching tv after. Or just before. But jokes aren't always meant to cover all logistic eventualities :P

Yes I caught both of those. Mine was supposed to be a humorous response combined with the current vmarco thing :P

Yes I caught both of those. Mine was supposed to be a humorous response combined with the current vmarco thing :P

See I don't think I've read more than 3 or 4 of his posts. I asked him a question once, and after the first couple of sentences, his post went on about stuff that I didn't understand/find relevant, so I moved on.

Maybe I spend too much time on forums, but I have oft noticed the cyclical nature of internet conversations. Nowadays, I can usually recognize when one is heading into a shit storm, and avoid. If it's a topic I personally find interesting, I'll participate anyway. I usually know what I'm getting myself into :P

Am I fully enlightened to the whole internet? I dunno, I'm still around, and haven't reached liberation from the internet (at the very least, from forums). I like to think I can walk away at any time. ;)

See I don't think I've read more than 3 or 4 of his posts. I asked him a question once, and after the first couple of sentences, his post went on about stuff that I didn't understand/find relevant, so I moved on.

Maybe I spend too much time on forums, but I have oft noticed the cyclical nature of internet conversations. Nowadays, I can usually recognize when one is heading into a shit storm, and avoid. If it's a topic I personally find interesting, I'll participate anyway. I usually know what I'm getting myself into :P

Am I fully enlightened to the whole internet? I dunno, I'm still around, and haven't reached liberation from the internet (at the very least, from forums). I like to think I can walk away at any time. ;)

Well your energy is good. Funny, I almost want to call you Mal. :lol:

Course then again Im tired taking vitamins... studying for a test

I wish I could be liberated from the internet. Never happened quite yet. I had it in the works in the past but its just hard to get by without it. Yes the nice thing is that you can take a break at any time and you don't need anyone's permission.

Saw the movie Limitless recently. It was awesome.

I wish I could be liberated from the internet.

But if we liberated ourself from all life what would be the purpose of continuing to live? Things we are attached to are the very things that make life worth living.

But if we liberated ourself from all life what would be the purpose of continuing to live? Things we are attached to are the very things that make life worth living.

This is why you are prevented by your attachments from being liberated yet.

More than one forummer, taoist, buddhist or otherwise, would agree with me.

The only point of living is to discover the Truths behind the Great Matrix Illusion we call life.

Edited by tulku

The only point of living is to discover the Truths behind the Great Matrix Illusion we call life.

Hello Tulku,

The point of living is to live, if you decide to give it another purpose, then that's on you. I believe the best way to live is to live life on life's terms.

Aaron

And so once the Truths behind the Great Matrix Illusion are seen, life no longer serves a purpose?

And so once the Truths behind the Great Matrix Illusion are seen, life no longer serves a purpose?

When you are able to see and manipulate the Truth behind the Great Matrix Illusion, then you will be able to merge your consciousness back into the Pure Consciousness/Awareness.

This is known as attaining Wu Wei in taoism, also known as attaining the light-body in Dzogchen.

When you are able to see and manipulate the Truth behind the Great Matrix Illusion, then you will be able to merge your consciousness back into the Pure Consciousness/Awareness.

This is known as attaining Wu Wei in taoism, also known as attaining the light-body in Dzogchen.

What is beyond the illusion tulku?

What is beyond the illusion tulku?

can't you feel it? i can't see it yet but i can feel it

I suggest that the only point of living is to live.

I am not imprisoned so I don't need to be liberated.

To search for something that has no significance in my life seems to be a waste of time.

Attachments are good as long as we don't allow them to possess us.

I suggest that the only point of living is to live.

I am not imprisoned so I don't need to be liberated.

To search for something that has no significance in my life seems to be a waste of time.

Attachments are good as long as we don't allow them to possess us.

That which do not possess us are not attachments.

Sign in to follow this