Sign in to follow this  
tulku

What is the fastest most efficient method to see the great illusionary nature of our Mind and our Holographic Reality?

What is the fastest most efficient method to see the great illusionary nature of our Mind and our Holographic Reality?

I have been doing long slow breathing meditation. Ananpana.

Sometimes I can grasp consciousness but tonight, I feel something or someone preventing my grasp on consiousness.

How do I break through the artificial barrier to consciousness.

On a side-note, the light surrounding my field of vision seem a bit brighter after i come out of Anapana meditaion.

I have been doing long slow breathing meditation. Ananpana.

Sometimes I can grasp consciousness but tonight, I feel something or someone preventing my grasp on consiousness.

You should question whether or not the ideas you're playing with make sense. For example, is consciousness an object? If yes, then what is conscious of consciousness?

If your practice is based on a deluded idea, you're not going to get far, and you may even go crazy in a way that's not liberating.

How do I break through the artificial barrier to consciousness.

By questioning your beliefs about consciousness.

On a side-note, the light surrounding my field of vision seem a bit brighter after i come out of Anapana meditaion.

And do you enjoy this?

• Like 1

The fastest way is to perform a feat of magic, but that's also a good way to go crazy if you're not prepared for it. So actually there is no "fastest" way. Every way is predicated on the state of your mindset. If your mindset is coarse, then get ready for a long trod. If your mindset is refined, not only can you benefit from fast approaches, but these approaches will be self-evident to you thanks to your innate wisdom, and you'll not be going around on forums asking about them.

Meditate and contemplate. During contemplation you must critically investigate the nature of experience and the nature of reality as you know it. During meditation you can do many things, such as relax and rejuvenate, deepen your insights by making them the center of your attention for a long time, experiment, and more.

Edited by goldisheavy

Maybe with the help of a plant like Ibogaine or Ayahuasca it could show you very quickly, yet it may just show you another level of delusion

I do not think that cultivation is as simple as 1 + 1 = 2.

It is : 1 + you + karma + 1 = ?

Trust in your inner teacher and life will guide you. The path is not a formula.

Sounds like a good idea. Question whatever idea you have. But I'd have a hard time with that because I don't even know what holographic reality is and how I'd even be able to recognize it if I saw it so I guess I'd have to go learn about what it was and then question it. What is holographic reality?

But I was thinking about this stuff earlier today and I wondered somewhat. There's another thread (there's always another thread:-)) about this in the Daoist forum:-)

Anyway, yes of course whatever we think 'about' reality is only part of it but to then push it and say that impartial reality isn't real, well, I had a tough time with that one.

I'm probably going to ask Mr MH if I can use his 'sit your arse down' quote in my sig :-)

I'm probably going to ask Mr MH if I can use his 'sit your arse down' quote in my sig :-)

Hehehe. I saw that.

You should question whether or not the ideas you're playing with make sense. For example, is consciousness an object? If yes, then what is conscious of consciousness?

If your practice is based on a deluded idea, you're not going to get far, and you may even go crazy in a way that's not liberating.

By questioning your beliefs about consciousness.

And do you enjoy this?

which ideas are deluded and which ideas are not deluded?

i enjoy both the light and anapana very much.. however it is a bit fustrating when i can't get into the rythmn of things..

Edited by tulku

Maybe with the help of a plant like Ibogaine or Ayahuasca it could show you very quickly, yet it may just show you another level of delusion

But what are delusions?

The world which we live in pre-shift2010?

The world which we live in now post-shift2010?

The world of pure consciousness when you hit a certain state?

Good point with the plants though.. i would look into that..

Edited by tulku

The fastest way is to perform a feat of magic, but that's also a good way to go crazy if you're not prepared for it. So actually there is no "fastest" way. Every way is predicated on the state of your mindset. If your mindset is coarse, then get ready for a long trod. If your mindset is refined, not only can you benefit from fast approaches, but these approaches will be self-evident to you thanks to your innate wisdom, and you'll not be going around on forums asking about them.

Meditate and contemplate. During contemplation you must critically investigate the nature of experience and the nature of reality as you know it. During meditation you can do many things, such as relax and rejuvenate, deepen your insights by making them the center of your attention for a long time, experiment, and more.

so how do you perform a feat of magic?

Sounds like a good idea. Question whatever idea you have. But I'd have a hard time with that because I don't even know what holographic reality is and how I'd even be able to recognize it if I saw it so I guess I'd have to go learn about what it was and then question it. What is holographic reality?

But I was thinking about this stuff earlier today and I wondered somewhat. There's another thread (there's always another thread:-)) about this in the Daoist forum:-)

Anyway, yes of course whatever we think 'about' reality is only part of it but to then push it and say that impartial reality isn't real, well, I had a tough time with that one.

as they say, the tao that can be described isn't the tao..

we can only talk about using certain techniques to get into certain states and interact with the higher consciousness/dimensions after getting into certain states ..

but to describe higher consciousness/dimensions down to the the exact inch like how scientists measure experiments? totally impossible..

most of us live with the left-brain scientist mentality which is why we always wanna measure this and that but one can only use the right-brain when interacting with the higher dimensions..

the left brain would burn out otherwise..

as they say, the tao that can be described isn't the tao..

we can only talk about using certain techniques to get into certain states and interact with the higher consciousness/dimensions after getting into certain states ..

but to describe higher consciousness/dimensions down to the the exact inch like how scientists measure experiments? totally impossible..

most of us live with the left-brain scientist mentality which is why we always wanna measure this and that but one can only use the right-brain when interacting with the higher dimensions..

the left brain would burn out otherwise..

I dunno, I like to think that practice (and living) has kind of gotten me progress on the right/left brain stuff. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, do you think that if the other states are cultivated that will concretely help the rest of the(us) left-brained people and the world they're(we) in? Remember that if what you're saying is correct you'd have to have enough left brain to communicate with them(us). So in that case I'd suggest doing both :-) And maybe underreporting the 'states'.

But if you could just communicate right brain to right brain, well. :)

So, can I?

Of course you may. Nothing I say belongs to me. Besides, nearly all of it has been said before by someone else.

Of course you may. Nothing I say belongs to me. Besides, nearly all of it has been said before by someone else.

Great! Thanks Mr MH!

i enjoy both the light and anapana very much.. however it is a bit fustrating when i can't get into the rythmn of things..

It sounds like you are new to meditation, but don't worry, you wont always be able to have 'The Best' meditation every time. Even seasoned meditators still have days where things just wont flow and they just keep getting distracted. It's part of the process of learning about our minds...

As for your question, CowTao reccomended me a book round a year ago called 'The Sun of Wisdom' by Khenpo Tsultrim Gyatso, which is a book on Nagajuna's emptiness teachings, and makes easy going of Nargajuna's normally very hard to read material [at least for me]

Nagajuna is definatly not for everyone, as he is basicly a Logic machine which many people have a problem with.

For me however he has been wonderful. He uses a series of logical steps to remove any faith or belief in the world as a 'real' thing, or anything other than a spontaneous dream like arising.

The world doesn't have the sway over me like it used to have, as I can't take it as seriously any more...

For some people, aproaching this through logic is very useful, as it helps get the thinking mind onside, rather than chucking up constant doubts about our deeper intuitive realisations...

Seth. :)

I agree that logic can be useful for seeing "everything is nothing, and nothing is everything." Personally, (and maybe I should keep this to myself rather than post it here to be trounced on by nay sayers) I've come to the point where annoying things are easily passed over by seeing their inherent Emptiness (though I may arguably have a slightly unique view of Emptiness since I see it as something sacred rather than just nothin'.) and I got there by logic as well.

By the same token, when I was 18 I had an experience that unveiled the energy (Love) behind/underneath everything and it was entirely spontaneous and unsought. I suspect that kundalini has a similar effect, but I think that even kundalini may not penetrate the mind entirely which makes a logical realization very useful so that both sides of our brain are on the same page.

I agree that logic can be useful for seeing "everything is nothing, and nothing is everything." Personally, (and maybe I should keep this to myself rather than post it here to be trounced on by nay sayers) I've come to the point where annoying things are easily passed over by seeing their inherent Emptiness (though I may arguably have a slightly unique view of Emptiness since I see it as something sacred rather than just nothin'.) and I got there by logic as well.

Cool. I think I am starting to get my head around the different uses of the word Emptiness. I think of Logic as a sacred process of clearing the mind of obscurations and beliefs. May I ask, when you describe emptiness as not 'just nothin' do you think of it as a void or unmanifest potential or something different? I am not trying to start an argument or hijack the thread with Buddhist thought, I just want to better understand how the term is used... :)

By the same token, when I was 18 I had an experience that unveiled the energy (Love) behind/underneath everything and it was entirely spontaneous and unsought. I suspect that kundalini has a similar effect, but I think that even kundalini may not penetrate the mind entirely which makes a logical realization very useful so that both sides of our brain are on the same page.

Profound experiences aren't they :)

I definitely see there as being a ground of energy and awareness and potential behind or underlying the world as well, just to me it is all Empty. That to me is great news. I don't have to cling to any element within it, yet I get to enjoy it all.

Kundalini certainly has similar effects when it reaches the higher centres, and i am in total agreement about the logic being useful for the rest of the brain...

Longchenpa describes the spontaneous creativity of Empty Awareness/presence as being the primary source of all appearances. This would seem to go against E&DO teachings, accept that Nagajuna himself points out the even Dependent Arising is Inherently empty and has no true ultimate reality, but only represents the rules within the dream like worlds we Inhabit. So even Dependent Arising itself is spontaneously arising within Empty Awareness.

For me the whole thing is Sacred, form, emptiness, and the fact the world does not even really exist yet still appears for us to enjoy... :wub:

Cool. I think I am starting to get my head around the different uses of the word Emptiness. I think of Logic as a sacred process of clearing the mind of obscurations and beliefs. May I ask, when you describe emptiness as not 'just nothin' do you think of it as a void or unmanifest potential or something different? I am not trying to start an argument or hijack the thread with Buddhist thought, I just want to better understand how the term is used... :)

Hmm, it's pretty tough to say exactly. I think it may just be better left to be what it is rather than even try. I'm a bit hesitant to put brackets on it since that might narrow my perception within said brackets. Like much of the Buddhist philosophy says, it is and it isn't, so to say what it is is a mistake, and vice versa. I think the biggest danger in this, again, is in narrowing our own perceptions. That's one reason I like poetry -- it leaves both doors open, iykwim. I'm also still getting a handle on it myself, so maybe it's better that I don't speak too much about it, if that's an acceptable response... :blush:

Profound experiences aren't they :)

I definitely see there as being a ground of energy and awareness and potential behind or underlying the world as well, just to me it is all Empty. That to me is great news. I don't have to cling to any element within it, yet I get to enjoy it all.

Kundalini certainly has similar effects when it reaches the higher centres, and i am in total agreement about the logic being useful for the rest of the brain...

Longchenpa describes the spontaneous creativity of Empty Awareness/presence as being the primary source of all appearances. This would seem to go against E&DO teachings, accept that Nagajuna himself points out the even Dependent Arising is Inherently empty and has no true ultimate reality, but only represents the rules within the dream like worlds we Inhabit. So even Dependent Arising itself is spontaneously arising within Empty Awareness.

For me the whole thing is Sacred, form, emptiness, and the fact the world does not even really exist yet still appears for us to enjoy... :wub:

Actually this last sentence pretty much says it exactly, lol. That the whole world is sacred and we can see the sacred through the world. For me to try describing it any more would just be a lie, vain meanderings that don't describe anything I really know.. Phew! Good thing this isn't a scholarly exam.. that probably wouldn't get me too far :lol:

edit: also, the energy behind everything, I wouldn't say is emptiness, but it is the substance of everything. Almost every description of Emptiness seems to be pointing to this "substance" but It's too real to call emptiness. At the same time, seeing the Emptiness of everything allows for this uniting energy to appear more vividly as well. Maybe that's why Emptiness is sacred to me... it is the sacred and it is what it is and everything else too...

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but we might as well discuss it again because, to me, it is the true staple of Taoist meditation.

Do the Taoist 100 Days Foundational period as described in the Secret of The Golden Flower as well as TTB member Darin Hamel in past posts. He described what he did in full detail and it worked for him as well as others.

Do it right and you may receive the confirmatory sign.

Edited by hyok

Sign in to follow this