Sign in to follow this  
Pub(EPiC)ic_bOb

JESUS IS THE WAY!

Well, you got my attention.

Although I think that Jesus was a very inspiring person and I will even go so far as to suggest that he did, in the most part, walk the Way of Tao.

• Like 3

I hear jesus was a taoist.

I'm not going to say anything about that "disinformation" thread that is currently ongoing. Hehehe.

I heard that J was a taoist, hindu, buddhist, sufi and kabbalist combined.

• Like 1

I believe I said something along the lines of "it works" if I imagine Jesus as a shamanic Taoist dude:-)

So is that disinformation? Maybe just opinion. I'd be happy if folks recognized some stuff as "just opininion" but apparently that's not quite how things seem to work.

• Like 1

I'm not going to say anything about that "disinformation" thread that is currently ongoing. Hehehe.

No... Jesus was a Left hand path Sex Magician!

I was never impressed with or related to the Christian scriptures until I got into studying the works of Anthony DeMello, a Jesuit and psychotherapist from India, now deceased.

Perhaps the unique combination of Hindu/Buddhist Indian background, Jesuit mysticism, and psychological training was the reason but he was clearly a deeply enlightened and liberated sage.

He saw deeply into the nature of truth and existence through the scriptures and I was able to see the truth in scripture myself for the first time (not that I am or have ever been a Christian). He was never afraid to bring his knowledge of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Daoism into his talks and generally played down too much religious thought and talk unless cornered by the "religionists" as he called them.

It actually gave me some hope for the future of the Church until I discovered that Joseph Ratzinger (currently pope) decried and banned all of DeMello's work as heresy while working as the official censor of the Catholic Church. He subsequently eased his position but reading about that made me realize again the depth of corruption and ignorance of the institution.

Like all religion, the institution cannot be enlightened or provide enlightenment or meaningful guidance, only individuals can do that.

I was never impressed with or related to the Christian scriptures until I got into studying the works of Anthony DeMello, a Jesuit and psychotherapist from India, now deceased.

Perhaps the unique combination of Hindu/Buddhist Indian background, Jesuit mysticism, and psychological training was the reason but he was clearly a deeply enlightened and liberated sage.

He saw deeply into the nature of truth and existence through the scriptures and I was able to see the truth in scripture myself for the first time (not that I am or have ever been a Christian). He was never afraid to bring his knowledge of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Daoism into his talks and generally played down too much religious thought and talk unless cornered by the "religionists" as he called them.

It actually gave me some hope for the future of the Church until I discovered that Joseph Ratzinger (currently pope) decried and banned all of DeMello's work as heresy while working as the official censor of the Catholic Church. He subsequently eased his position but reading about that made me realize again the depth of corruption and ignorance of the institution.

Like all religion, the institution cannot be enlightened or provide enlightenment or meaningful guidance, only individuals can do that.

I met a very similar christian (A Demello type). He was actually the guy that gave me my first akashic record reading(A licensed minister who believes in past lives and doesn't deny truth of other religions :) ...first time I have ever encountered such a christian). I used to despise all christian beliefs, and anything about christianity until I met this guy.

Ever since I haven't really hated any of them.

I still have a lot of anger and too many negative experiences with it to ever get too much into it.

Up until recently I didn't even realize some christians meditate.

Well, you got my attention.

Although I think that Jesus was a very inspiring person and I will even go so far as to suggest that he did, in the most part, walk the Way of Tao.

I heard that J was a taoist, hindu, buddhist, sufi and kabbalist combined.

No... Jesus was a Left hand path Sex Magician!

Qigong player extraordinaire :ninja:

I believe I said something along the lines of "it works" if I imagine Jesus as a shamanic Taoist dude:-)

So is that disinformation? Maybe just opinion. I'd be happy if folks recognized some stuff as "just opininion" but apparently that's not quite how things seem to work.

Yes. Your words "I imagine" are the key. If anyone suggests that you were stating this as a fact they would be in error.

To take wards someone has said out of context is in fact disinformation.

I have said many times that everything I say on this forum is my understanding and opinion. I don't claim to know anything absolute.

Steve,

Catholicism is only one type of Christianity...it doesn't represent the religion by any means.

Yes, I understand that and didn't intend that this was representative of all Christians or sects. Just shared my experienced with an enlightened follower of Jesus and an unenlightened institution. Forgive my unskillful wording.

But that is all external. Internally, the Catholic church has been host to many great mystics.

But,...has any of those mystics actually realized enlightenment? Or just found new ways to play within the dream? Has any theist ever ascended beyond what Robert Monroe called "religious terminus?' It is said, that only honesty can transcend above that dimension.

V

I have collected and read through fifty-three different translations and versions of the Bible while looking for a loophole to heaven.

... etc ...

A loophole to heaven? This is what you wanted?

The rest of your post reads a little like the plot to the film the Omen ... which has been subject to an inferior remake with the actress from the Bourne films as the mother. The one he meets in Berlin on the tram and so on, not the German girl who he takes off with in the first film and gets killed in the second film.

I think heroes like this have a kind of Christ-like quality. Outsiders who have super abilities and yet become a victim of the state. Without Jesus we wouldn't have this archetype. I actually like Jesus because the church and the state tried to kill him. Its a good metaphor for how mystics are treated by the worldly or muggles as we now know them ... sorry for so many film references ... it just came out that way.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this