Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Is ken cohen legit? I am studying his work.

The Way of Qigong provides a good, broad overview of the main classes of qigong. Although, it doesn't go too far in-depth instructionally on anything... Perhaps his other material does, if you're looking more for that? He does seem to be able to explain things in a clear and level-headed manner, at least.

I think he was a daoist priest for a couple of years if I'm not mistaken.

I haven't worked with any of his stuff though. This actually just reminded me that I was going to read up on some of his stuff.

He is probably the least controversial teacher that gets recommendations here :lol:

I also like his book/CD/DVD set and the practices there in, so I think you have chosen well.

I am Reading his books/watching his DVD's and listening to his CD's. Thoughts on him?

Thanks,

Leon

I highly suggest looking up his interview on blogtalk radio "the secrets of qigong masters" by Lama Tantrapa.

Using the search function on blogtalk radio and looking up by Lama Tantrapa and/or the secrets of qigong masters will find it for you. Alternatively you could find it the same way as a podcast on Itunes.

I was only vaguely familiar with his work, but his interview impressed me so much. His depth and breadth of knowledge was well revealed. IME this type of interview which Lama Tantrapa is doing is a great way to get a feel for someone and see if you find resonance even before deciding to study with them.

Since you already study his material I think you will get even more value out of it.

Cheers

Craig

Thank you!

Leon

how about some feedback, review, of the material you are exploring?

thanks

Craig

He also speaks a dozen or so Native American languages and, although Jewish by descent, is well respected as a Native American healer within Native American circles having been taught over 100 sacred songs and being sort of a lead apprentice (though maybe not the only one) under Rolling Thunder in the late 60's.

I think he has expanded his chi forcefield for more memory storage or something :P

He also speaks Mandarin and/or Cantonese and lives in the Colorado mountains which is also pretty awesome being a Qi Gong and Tai Chi master.

A marvel, and also awesome proof of the zero boundaries of race to knowledge :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Curious about this comment. Where could I find more info about this? :huh:

Lol, I was just trying to make a joke..

He has the memory capacity of a walking library, so I was just speculating on how he does this.. lol

Lol, I was just trying to make a joke..

He has the memory capacity of a walking library, so I was just speculating on how he does this.. lol

I think its a matter of loving what you do :)

• Like 1

I think its a matter of loving what you do :)

Yes, could be. For Ken Cohen, with all the other things he manages to do as a Shaman, it seems only natural to me that his memory is also very powerful.

Interestingly, the following topic showed up in the Taoist forum soon after my response above. If you check the table of contents for the book, there is actually a fair bit about Taoist abilities of increasing intelligence!

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/19992-dao-and-de-life-and-afterlife/

Sign in to follow this