Sign in to follow this  
DanC

Yogani's Meditation Book

Has anyone read Yogani's book on deep meditation, Im looking at buying it due to

the great reviews I have read on Amazon, I also like the fact that is only 100 pages

which means it is straight to the point. Anyone opinions or recommendations??

PM me your address if you'd like and I will mail you a copy. Yogani gave me a dozen or so to give out. Some nice tips. The one absolutely golden meditation tip I've gotten from Yogani is the way he frames getting distracted in meditation. Most teachers I've read do try to emphasize that straying from the breath, or leaving the mantra, getting lost in thought, distracted or whatever comes up, is not something to beat yourself up about. But at least for me it didn't really sink in. The perception was still being focused = good, being distracted = bad. Yogani basically teaches that you gently, and pleasurably favor the mantra. This initiates a deep cleansing process. Part of that process involves getting lost and distracted from the mantra. And when you notice that you have gotten distracted, you quietly favor the mantra once again. This entire package is called meditation. The mantra and the losing the mantra. In a sense the mantra is bringing you places to better purify them and them dropping you off and letting you wake up again, remember, and gently favor your way back. Maybe other teachers frame it like this and I missed it, but the way Yogani makes getting distracted not only "not wrong" but, in a way, "right" since it's also part of the process, just completely changed my experience of meditation.

Sean

Has anyone read Yogani's book on deep meditation, Im looking at buying it due to

the great reviews I have read on Amazon, I also like the fact that is only 100 pages

which means it is straight to the point. Anyone opinions or recommendations??

I would get the big book if you are really into the practices but I like the booklets also.

I have to say that after just doing yogani practices for a few months plus some tai chi, and stretches that yogani's approach has been the most palpably energetic and deep of practices that I have done in my many years of practice. For me it has come at the right time. I do the spinal breathing with enhancements and find that the deep meditation, while I don't favor it has been some of the most energetic of times. I even have the MO popping in during the meditation segement.

In spinal breathing with the bhandas and mudhras I find it incredible how they unite into one whole body mudra. Maybe this is an aspect of maha mudra not spoken of too much. All of the physical components of the practice let you ease up on the imagination part of the qi gong. I find spinal breathing to be more like qi gong than yoga since the chakras take a back seat to the flow of energy up and down.

Bill

PM me your address if you'd like and I will mail you a copy. Yogani gave me a dozen or so to give out. Some nice tips. The one absolutely golden meditation tip I've gotten from Yogani is the way he frames getting distracted in meditation. Most teachers I've read do try to emphasize that straying from the breath, or leaving the mantra, getting lost in thought, distracted or whatever comes up, is not something to beat yourself up about. But at least for me it didn't really sink in. The perception was still being focused = good, being distracted = bad. Yogani basically teaches that you gently, and pleasurably favor the mantra. This initiates a deep cleansing process. Part of that process involves getting lost and distracted from the mantra. And when you notice that you have gotten distracted, you quietly favor the mantra once again. This entire package is called meditation. The mantra and the losing the mantra. In a sense the mantra is bringing you places to better purify them and them dropping you off and letting you wake up again, remember, and gently favor your way back. Maybe other teachers frame it like this and I missed it, but the way Yogani makes getting distracted not only "not wrong" but, in a way, "right" since it's also part of the process, just completely changed my experience of meditation.

Sean

I like this approach and have heard other meditation masters mention the same thing. The important part is the remembering to get back..whether is mindfulness, mantra, a candle, god, etc. So getting lost is a good thing so that you can remember to come back.

On a physical level, this is what Taichichuan is all about as well, you get lost (unbalanced) and come back to center (wuji)..the act of coming back to center is taiji movement.

T

Sean

Yup. Entirely. No point in the mantra unless it takes you into the places where the mantra isn't yet.

Sign in to follow this