VCraigP

Disinformation campaign

But this does explain a lot.

He came here hoping to prove his intellectual superiority, as that would win fans who would then buy his book/s. CowTao was dead on point with that.

This also explains why he was so intractable in his communication style.

If he lost position in a debate, he would be going against what he has put in print.

Therefore instead of communicating like a person when someone pointed out his Irregularities, he attacked them personally instead, like a salesman.

So his communication style boils down to:

Winning = Profit

Loosing = decreased sales

Seth.

Seth,

When I write a book I will also plug it here as I do not have a problem with that that.

Ya mu and Five are great, and actually contribute to good healthy discussion and debate here. I would never change that.

Well, there you go.

Vmarco on the other hand does nothing of the sort. Re read the threads. He turned nearly everything into 'all other buddhists are idiots but me, all religious people are idiots, I am basically the only free thinking person anywhere!' conversations.

I thought his posts were well formulated, even when they were wrong. He does come off as elitist, but so do many people here.

Absolute rubbish. where is an ounce valuable Info. It is all pseudo scientific drivel. If you 'learned' anything from it, you learned drivel.

You should go back and re-read his posts. There was some decent stuff in the midst of the things which many disagreed with. Why write someone off completely like this? It's a better quality to see them as a person just like you, who can have wrong ideas and still think they're right...and sometimes have right ideas, too. To take each moment with them as something unique, because (if you're truly a Buddhist, you should know that) there is actually an entirely new person speaking to you as each moment passes.

His bogus interpretations of Buddhism have no legitimate element whatsoever. They were plain wrong, proved over 1000's of years of debate in actual Buddhist schools.

Well, that's debatable. I found his Buddhist ideas interesting...they were something new for me. You know how many different schools of Buddhism there are?? Do you know the reason why they are all separated? It's not because they agree...

And yes he did directly attack many people. Are you blind? look at what he directed at Sunya, Cow and others.

Nothing serious.

Why should we get used to someone who is not here to communicate but only to prove their superiority, gain a following of all the pseudo intellectuals who are pleased by the disruption he causes, and sell his books.

He is nothing like the other authors here.

That's your opinion, which in my opinion is entirely wrong.

Why should we get used to him? Because he will be allowed here, as long as he follows the rules. There have been controversial members in the past, and there will continue to be more in the future.

Consider that the people who disagreed with him were the only ones causing the actual disruption.

As for his Integrity, he started a thread about Honesty then pretended to be Female?!?

So? Are you really attacking his character while forgetting to observe your own in this moment, Seth? If so, then he is teaching you an important lesson.

So, I had taken other peoples' word for it concerning Vmarco and previously assumed that he probably deserved his banning for something I didn't see. But, as this discussion has progressed and others have chimed in, I decided to look at this thread again more closely and one other thread cited as an example of his offense...

Please bear in mind that I have no feelings about him or his views one way or another other than I don't understand or resonate with anything of his that I read. It sounds like most other intellectualized (my judgement) religious blah dee blah I read here... Nothing against it, it's just not my thing.

I remember that the first time I read one of his posts, I got a strong vibe of arrogance and that turned me off. When I saw it was about Buddhism, I just ignored it because it's not my deal. But this time around, instead of reacting to whatever vibe I experienced, I made sure to actually read the content without any projection. And it was no different than anything else in that vein. So, are people reacting to the vibe instead of the content? Seeing as how I don;t understand any of the content, I have to admit that I was only reacting to a vibe. And I realized that a vibe is not enough to condemn someone. Anywho, other than being very opinionated and expressing his opinions with absolutism (I'm certainly guilty of that)... I can't for the life of me find where he was any more insulting than anyone else! He sounds exactly like a handful of others on this forum. In fact, if I am to be honest in my limited observations, it was (at least in the threads I looked at) other people who didn't like his posts that were clearly insulting and attacking him...

Maybe there is still more that I missed. Maybe he said some really nasty personal stuff. but I gotta be honest here... I didn't see it... The only possible personal attack I saw would have been the line about conservatism being an illness, but, seriously... In many other threads that could easily be laughed away... From what I've seen, the only other person to come close in terms of generating this level of dislike was Starjumper. And he was much worse than this guy by far.

Now, I am not a buddhist. It's not my thing. I don't get it. and whenever the "deep" buddhists threads get started, I leave 'cause it's way over my head. There are some buddhists on this forum I respect and like, but I gotta say some of you were the ones I saw being very personal and insulting and it makes me wonder if it wasn't because your religion and your interpretations of that religion were threatened. As I have re-read the two threads where Vmarco has pissed people off, what I see is mainly Buddhists getting really, really miffed at a guy who is expressing opinions about buddhism that apparently doesn't fit into their interpretations and when he defended himself with more absolutism, you guys got really mad... (That's just what I saw)

Since I'm not a buddhist, know close to nothing about it, I don't have any sacred cows to protect. I'm just putting it out there for you guys to consider. Is your extreme dislike of this guy because he's an arrogant blasphemer? A few who spoke up to defend his banning specifically said that they took great personal offense to his absolutist attitudes and interpretations of buddhism and their experience of him dismissing their interpretations of buddhism. I am finding this ironic that the religion of compassion and non-violence (in this instance) acted (in my limited observation) like a fundamentalist religion where the arrogant blasphemer was shunned...

There is only one aspect of buddhism that I understand and like which is "Attachment leads to suffering." (I hope I got that right) And what I have seen is someone who successfully threatened some peoples attachments to their interpretations of "their" religion.

I know for me personally, when I have introduced some unorthodox discussions (Like Teutonic shamanism) that I threatened some people's sacred cows and I have had to wade through alot of attacks and insults of all kinds and it has made me hyper sensitive (apologies to Seth). I have been working lately to try and remember to re-read others posts to me before I react, because I have seen that I can project past stuff onto others' otherwise benign posts. I think that some here have done the same thing in this instance and overreacted which may have put an already defensive person on greater defense and created an escalating scenario of everybody projecting, defending themselves and going back for revenge...

Sorry guys, the fact that he was absolutist, arrogant, defensive, blasphemous and aggressive is NOT (IMO) sufficient grounds for banning...

Just putting it out there for people to consider....

I thought his posts were well formulated, even when they were wrong. He does come off as elitist, but so do many people here.

What are you talking? Are you out of your mind? :lol:

VMarco is the only elitist here. Basically there are two groups. Or three. One is Vmarco, his own isolated island. Second is the "intellectual" Buddhists who hijack and debate anywhere and everywhere and rightly so because of their "intellect" and then the third category, dubbed here as Vmarco's "followers" - who are "non-intellectual", who "cannot" debate and are simply pissed at the great enlightened Buddhists (who debate here out of sheer compassion for the rest of non-intellectual crowd - I must say I refuse to put Aaron, Goldisheavy and a bunch of others in this privileged category, sorry guys) an account of their own innate ignorance (I won't ask if this is beginningless like Maya or Avidya). A great example of supreme humility and total lack of condescending attitude is right here:

As for the excitement I saw in a few of vmarco's followers, to me it looked like they were more excited at someone rousing the Buddhists, than really understanding the points made... That to me seems poor, just because they cant learn to debate themselves, like many of the Buddhists and non buddhists here, they instead jeer and boo from the background without any real Idea why except that the Buddhists piss them off.

And the biggest fool here is neither myself nor you, its Mal! Shame on you Mal, you made the below blasphemous statement earlier..

I don't think it's just from being timid or from lacking conviction. I feel it could have more to do with the lack of return on time invested in some philosophical arguments. As you said -

How dare you cover up your "non-intellectual" status and incapability at following pages and pages of "intellectual" discussion, with a simple comment such as the above? I completely disagree with Vmarco's interpretation of certain Buddhist concepts, but what do I know? Thirty-years of study and practice means nothing as long as you don't get into "intellectual" debates, right? It boils down to this: a. You are Vmarco b. If not, and if you don't agree with Seth and his friends and don't debate with them day in and day out, it naturally implies you are "non-intellectual", and by inference, you are Vmarco's follower (example, Scotty who agreed with Vmarco on everything) c. You are with Seth, debate all the time but end the argument in agreement with them, you are a Buddhist intellectual.

Did I forget the "respected" Non-Buddhists here? Marblehead seems to be the token non-Buddhist here who the "intellectual" Buddhists can accommodate for purposes of political correctness.

Now, I need to rush to enroll in a seminar - "How to become intellectual by debating endlessly on an online forum".

:wub:

Now, I am not a buddhist. It's not my thing. I don't get it. and whenever the "deep" buddhists threads get started, I leave 'cause it's way over my head. There are some buddhists on this forum I respect and like, but I gotta say some of you were the ones I saw being very personal and insulting and it makes me wonder if it wasn't because your religion and your interpretations of that religion were threatened. As I have re-read the two threads where Vmarco has pissed people off, what I see is mainly Buddhists getting really, really miffed at a guy who is expressing opinions about buddhism that apparently doesn't fit into their interpretations and when he defended himself with more absolutism, you guys got really mad... (That's just what I saw)

Five,

You have completely lost your mind.

a. You don't get Buddhism and say that's not "your" thing. But, why is it not your thing? What better option do you have? Are you satisfied with a wonderful but useless and inferior brahmavihara status attained through your shamanism or whatever path which is sort of good, but lacks clarity and completeness like Buddhism? If you do, then thank me for I am telling you the limitations of whatever you're doing and take to Buddhism.

b. You blame Buddhists of being insulting (at times I take?), but most of the time it is your own fault, if you are non-intellectual and do not want to debate Buddhist concepts in every thread (why shouldn't every thread be hijacked by Buddhism when it is the path with best clarity and advocated by intellectuals here?), it is your won fault. Stop blaming the compassionate Buddhists for your stupidity.

c. And when Buddhists here seem to insult you, ridicule you, they are not actually doing it, they are just being metaphorical, and are doing it out of compassion to correct dangerous attitudes within you - such as Eternalism or some other clinging. They know what is best for you and will not permit bogus philosophical beliefs to be held by anyone here. On the other hand, Vmarco is insulting even when he is not for the exact opposite reason.

Now decide, are you a Buddhist intellectual or a non-intellectual who is a vmarco follower? The third category of respected token Non-buddhist is already heald by poor Marblehead :D

Good day Five :)

Edited by Simplicity Rules

Vmarco is not here to defend himself and it is really low to make disparaging remarks during his absence. I guess some feel safer doing it that way. However, I have come to expect that from certain members here that argue from an attached emotional basis as opposed to adding some semblance of rationality to any discourse here.

What V's intent from the very beginning was to invite others to engage in a precise discourse as a way to succinctly point out what is non verbal. Some here are just too emotionally attached to words to engage in such an endeavor.

BTW CowTao, V said nothing about being trans-gender and stated ambi-gender. There is a difference.

The Buddhists here are probably the most vehemently attached to their ideology, of words!

• Like 1

I can't for the life of me find where he was any more insulting than anyone else! He sounds exactly like a handful of others on this forum. In fact, if I am to be honest in my limited observations, it was (at least in the threads I looked at) other people who didn't like his posts that were clearly insulting and attacking him...

Maybe there is still more that I missed. Maybe he said some really nasty personal stuff. but I gotta be honest here... I didn't see it... The only possible personal attack I saw would have been the line about conservatism being an illness, but, seriously... In many other threads that could easily be laughed away... From what I've seen, the only other person to come close in terms of generating this level of dislike was Starjumper. And he was much worse than this guy by far.

I was trying to find instances of his insulting also. I couldnt find any, but found a lof of people insulting him. The only insult I saw as well is the implying conservativism was a dis-ease. I mean If I called someone a *multiple expletives* (I feel now that profanity has no place on a forum) Yes I could see it but I have seen far worse. It looks more like someone tried to make an example of him and because he is new and the other members know how to use the report button he suffered.

It really isnt anything new to me, I know there are cliques here. Ive had one Moderator get upset because I reported a post so I dont use the report option. I figure someday Ill say something and get banned because someone didnt like me.

Five,

You have completely lost your mind.

a. You don't get Buddhism and say that's not "your" thing. But, why is it not your thing? What better option do you have? Are you satisfied with a wonderful but useless and inferior brahmavihara status attained through your shamanism or whatever path which is sort of good, but lacks clarity and completeness like Buddhism? If you do, then thank me for I am telling you the limitations of whatever you're doing and take to Buddhism.

b. You blame Buddhists of being insulting (at times I take?), but most of the time it is your own fault, if you are non-intellectual and do not want to debate Buddhist concepts in every thread (why shouldn't every thread be hijacked by Buddhism when it is the path with best clarity and advocated by intellectuals here?), it is your won fault. Stop blaming the compassionate Buddhists for your stupidity.

c. And when Buddhists here seem to insult you, ridicule you, they are not actually doing it, they are just being metaphorical, and are doing it out of compassion to correct dangerous attitudes within you - such as Eternalism or some other clinging. They know what is best for you and will not permit bogus philosophical beliefs to be held by anyone here. On the other hand, Vmarco is insulting even when he is not for the exact opposite reason.

Now decide, are you a Buddhist intellectual or a non-intellectual who is a vmarco follower? The third category of respected token Non-buddhist is already heald by poor Marblehead :D

Good day Five :)

:lol: ROFLOL! Thank you Simplicity for your immense compassion. You used some big words there... is brahmavihara bad? I like worshiping Brahma alot! Is that bad too?

I don't know... Can I have my own category? or is that too unmanageable?

In all honesty, for the first five seconds of reading your response to me..., I got really offended and began mentally preparing my long-winded defense... until I took action on my new rule to try (don't hold me to it) and re-read the post before replying...

Yes! I publicly and unreservedly admit that I am a complete and total idiot when it comes to Buddhism. I do not get it at all and do not understand it. It is way, way, way over my head. Other than the "attachment is pain" thing (which I guess most other religions also have in some way or other) And I am totally OK with that fact and the fact that other people do get it and choose to follow it and get great benefit from it.

Since you bring it up, religion is the reason I am now a self-proclaimed shaman and animist. And as such, at least in my non-binding interpretation, there is no such thing as a "right or wrong" religious belief, There is only the framework of belief that anyone chooses to operate within. And as a Shaman any framework of belief is only required to work for you. Therefore, everyone can have their own different framework. and what's more... you can call it by whatever you want and still be "right" if it works for you. As an animist, all I need to do is seek a state of dynamic balance with my environment and I don't have to worry about achieving enlightenment, immortality or nirvana. That's way too much pressure for me and I honestly have never seen anyone come even close to it... Which is why I don't believe it exists except as a goal to make people feel safer in an unsafe, immense Universe.... BUT! that's what I tell myself to justify my chosen framework of belief... You all are free to believe however you wish....

I must admit that I do enjoy watching religionists get all bent out of shape when someone is accused of having "No idea what true ________ism is." Or when someone's religious beliefs are labeled as "rubbish." In my world, you can completely reject all tenets of accepted buddhism and call yourself a buddhist if you choose. I don't think he would mind and in fact, I suspect that he would approve...

I suppose my sacred cow is probably Qigong technique. I do get pretty high and mighty when people talk about qigong technique in ways I find "incorrect." Although... Qigong is a physical exercise as opposed to an intellectual belief so... Hmm, Perhaps I need to look in the mirror on that one...

OK, carry on....

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 2

lozGr.gif

What the hell, it's almost football season!!!

So add some Bud-light, or is that add some "light" bud?

What's the difference between a Taoist and a Buddhist?

I am beginning to realize that Wu Wei, Dzogchen and Mahamudra are one and the same or at the very least, degrees of the same thing.

Most of the Buddhists I have met, do not believe in a soul or spirit that continues after death, nor do they believe in reincarnation of any type, nor chi/qi.

I am sure that does not reflect the whole Buddhist spectrum though.

What's the difference between a Taoist and a Buddhist?

I am beginning to realize that Wu Wei, Dzogchen and Mahamudra are one and the same or at the very least, degrees of the same thing.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Its funny, the likes of Simplicity Rules havent even attempted one single dialog with Vmarco yet has no compunction to pop up once in a while to judge his imagined, so-called 'buddhist gang' of what? thugs?

I dont know what agenda you have, buddy, but i think you are a nothing but a dipstick for attempting to stir shit here. You demonstrate lowly behavior and i have no respect for you. Anyone with good sight can see what kind of game you are playing, so my advice is to quit this nonsense now while the going is still good.

Either you put up or shut up. 30 years of Vajrayana practice? Come on, why dont you put your experience to the test in debate? What is it about those whom you speak against, who have made assertions, which you found to be not in line with what you yourself have learnt in your 30 years of practice? Is the philosophy behind your practice similar to that being dished out by Vmarco? Tell the truth if you have the balls.

Btw, Whatever happened to your threat to report to your mighty superiors about your findings and enlightened observations of buddhist behavior on this forum? Didnt you ask to be given a few weeks to organize someone of authority to come on and admonish the so-labelled detractors for their heretical slants? Well, you seem to have an idea of what is not heretical, and here is a self-confessed heretic in Vmarco, yet you somehow found it okay to twist the situation in your favor so that you can continue to take swipes at those whom you project to be buddhist pretenders? Guess what? I think you are nothing but a shit-stirrer and ass-licker who is attempting to create a schism between certain members of this forum. You have evil intent. Prime example of an agent of disinformation, and agent provocateur. I dislike your kind, for i think you have no backbone.

I have said what was needed. Looking forward to taking a holiday from the forum. Might not be back after, so see y'all.

*** Moderator Message for info ***

The language used in this post violates the 'no insult' policy' and this issue has been taken up with the poster.

Apech for Mod Team

*** Mod Message ends ***

Edited by Apech
  • Like 2

Its funny, the likes of Simplicity Rules havent even attempted one single dialog with Vmarco yet has no compunction to pop up once in a while to judge his imagined, so-called 'buddhist gang' of what? thugs?

I dont know what agenda you have, buddy, but i think you are a nothing but a dipstick for attempting to stir shit here. You demonstrate lowly behavior and i have no respect for you. Anyone with good sight can see what kind of game you are playing, so my advice is to quit this nonsense now while the going is still good.

Either you put up or shut up. 30 years of Vajrayana practice? Come on, why dont you put your experience to the test in debate? What is it about those whom you speak against, who have made assertions, which you found to be not in line with what you yourself have learnt in your 30 years of practice? Is the philosophy behind your practice similar to that being dished out by Vmarco? Tell the truth if you have the balls.

Btw, Whatever happened to your threat to report to your mighty superiors about your findings and enlightened observations of buddhist behavior on this forum? Didnt you ask to be given a few weeks to organize someone of authority to come on and admonish the so-labelled detractors for their heretical slants? Well, you seem to have an idea of what is not heretical, and here is a self-confessed heretic in Vmarco, yet you somehow found it okay to twist the situation in your favor so that you can continue to take swipes at those whom you project to be buddhist pretenders? Guess what? I think you are nothing but a shit-stirrer and ass-licker who is attempting to create a schism between certain members of this forum. You have evil intent. Prime example of an agent of disinformation, and agent provocateur. I dislike your kind, for i think you have no backbone.

I have said what was needed. Looking forward to taking a holiday from the forum. Might not be back after, so see y'all.

There are so many layers of assumption in his posts that I do not know where to start, and frankly I can't be bothered. PM me your email so we can keep in contact if you leave, or better yet, use the Ignore button and Stay :)

Big Love my friend :wub:

What V's intent from the very beginning was to invite others to engage in a precise discourse as a way to succinctly point out what is non verbal.

How can one "precise discourse" on things that are non-verbal?

i think you are a nothing but a dipstick for attempting to stir shit here. You demonstrate lowly behavior and i have no respect for you.

I think you are nothing but a shit-stirrer and ass-licker. You have evil intent. I dislike your kind, for i think you have no backbone.

Woah nilly! WTF? What happened to this being about not personally insulting people?

I personally like you CowTao, but this is not OK at all....

Can any mods care to explain why this is OK?

I will now be very interested to see how the mods react to this....

• Like 2

Hey man, like they said, it can get rowdy, especially in the pit.. This isn't consistent disruptive behaviour. Besides, look at the accusations SR was making.. he's fighting fire with fire.

Either both get a vacation or neither.

You have to be able to say your truth even if people disagree with it. If you do that for 2 weeks of pissing off every person you talk to, there's a problem in the community, otherwise, it's just a little fisticuffs and the police don't need to do nothin about it

There are so many layers of assumption in his posts that I do not know where to start, and frankly I can't be bothered. PM me your email so we can keep in contact if you leave, or better yet, use the Ignore button and Stay :)

Big Love my friend :wub:

Yeah, he certainly created and got his 5 minutes of fame.

Its amazing how some individuals are able to twist things with the slimy intent to rile people up? It beggars belief.

In your time here, have you seen anyone from his group of imagined buddhist gang purposefully enter threads simply to rouse ill-feelings among other practitioners? Yes, disagreements of course, but to stir trouble intentionally? I havent seen this in all my years here (not many tho) - yet here is a guy who joined in April of this year, and he is doing exactly that which he is vehemently admonishing others about. What do you call that in your book?!! Well, he succeeded with his evil intention on me anyway, so well done to him.

It takes some imagination to come up with half the things he thinks is happening within this 'buddhist gang', as if we secretly convey with each other how to subvert and indoctrinate people with what he wants to think as the 'wrong' type of buddhist teaching. Its insinuated in every hate post he makes.

The cheek to pass judgement when they have not even once engaged this Vmarco fellow to try and elicit some meaning from what he writes is beyond my limited understanding.

I think you have a big heart to actually remain cool and took your time previously to give him (Simp Rules) a chance by explaining your points politely. Unfortunately, i did not have the patience for this individual.

Love you, Seth. :wub:

And thanks for being so kind to share all your experiences with us.

Wish you and everyone the very best!

(will pm you later)

• Like 1

We're not in the pit, we're in the general discussion area. Yes, SR was being very acerbic and sarcastic but there was substance and context to it. I laughed because there have been some buddhists who have come onto my threads and been sickeningly superior and condescending. AND I can see how CT was offended if directed at him I can't say that I myself wouldn't have been offended by it if I were on the receiving end of it. But, Jeez! Asslicker?

Since when is calling someone an "asslicker" speaking your truth?

I was just making an innocent observation earlier about buddhists hyper sensitivity, but now I am thinking perhaps some buddhists feel a special privilege when their religious views are threatened.

Anyone else seeing the irony and possible hypocrisy here?

Forgive me CowTao but I find it outright hypocritical of you to work so hard to defend the banning of someone you claim was personally insulting and attacking people when you now feel you have the right to call someone an asslicker. for ANY reason... I fail to see the constructiveness of that. You've called me on my BS before and I respected and appreciated you for it. I'm calling you on yours here...

C'mon mods, where are you? Do I have to hit the complain button before someone steps in here? If this isn't a blatant violation I don't know what is...

Hey man, like they said, it can get rowdy, especially in the pit.. This isn't consistent disruptive behaviour. Besides, look at the accusations SR was making.. he's fighting fire with fire.

Either both get a vacation or neither.

You have to be able to say your truth even if people disagree with it. If you do that for 2 weeks of pissing off every person you talk to, there's a problem in the community, otherwise, it's just a little fisticuffs and the police don't need to do nothin about it

• Like 1

We're not in the pit, we're in the general discussion area. Yes, SR was being very acerbic and sarcastic but there was substance and context to it. I laughed because there have been some buddhists who have come onto my threads and been sickeningly superior and condescending. AND I can see how CT was offended if directed at him I can't say that I myself wouldn't have been offended by it if I were on the receiving end of it. But, Jeez! Asslicker?

Since when is calling someone an "asslicker" speaking your truth?

I was just making an innocent observation earlier about buddhists hyper sensitivity, but now I am thinking perhaps some buddhists feel a special privilege when their religious views are threatened.

Anyone else seeing the irony and possible hypocrisy here?

Forgive me CowTao but I find it outright hypocritical of you to work so hard to defend the banning of someone you claim was personally insulting and attacking people when you now feel you have the right to call someone an asslicker. for ANY reason... I fail to see the constructiveness of that. You've called me on my BS before and I respected and appreciated you for it. I'm calling you on yours here...

C'mon mods, where are you? Do I have to hit the complain button before someone steps in here? If this isn't a blatant violation I don't know what is...

Hi Michael,

There is nothing hypocritical in being direct. Have i wrongly attacked or aggrieved him for no reason? Thats up to the individual to form whatever opinion they wish to. I said what i felt needed to be said. I am more than prepared to be handed a suspension.

Naturally, its to be expected that more judgements will take root from this, but lets see how really noble and virtuous people really are.

I gave my reasons for agreeing to Vmarco's suspension. He was not respectful of others wanting to engage him in ways comprehensible not only to himself. Hence, if one is not able to make headway in achieving some sort of mutual, sensible dialog going, what does this imply? Moreover, I did not report him secretively. Every thought i wanted to express i said it openly and with as much sensitivity as i could muster. Its not my style to be confrontational, and never felt it was needed until this point - but the odd time one has to speak one's mind just to clear up the air a bit.

• Like 1

IMO, That was not direct. I am being direct with you right now, but I am in no way seeking to hurt you or personally insult you. My criticisms have purpose and context. Your remarks whether you feel them to be justified or not that I quoted were merely punitive and insulting. I find your reasoning very convenient and malleable to your emotions and situation and not at all reflecting what little I know of buddhism. If you truly are prepared to receive a suspension and it was worth it to you for whatever pleasure you got out of it by calling someone an asslicker, then I guess I can at least respect your commitment to follow through...

Within that same spirit of truthfullness you are leaning on, as a forum member, I must tell you that I find your behavior in this particular instance personally offensive to me and I find your actions here hypocritical in the extreme. As a forum member of your standing, I expect you to be able to express your feelings in more constructive ways. If not for the benefit of the person you are directing your comments to, then for the sake of the rest of us who have to read what you write. I know you understand my reasoning and would probably agree with me in any other instance that you yourself did not have an emotional investment in...

That's it for me. I have enough drama for now.

Blessings all...

Hi Michael,

There is nothing hypocritical in being direct. Have i wrongly attacked or aggrieved him for no reason? Thats up to the individual to form whatever opinion they wish to. I said what i felt needed to be said. I am more than prepared to be handed a suspension.

Naturally, its to be expected that more judgements will take root from this, but lets see how really noble and virtuous people really are.

I gave my reasons for agreeing to Vmarco's suspension. He was not respectful of others wanting to engage him in ways comprehensible not only to himself. Hence, if one is not able to make headway in achieving some sort of mutual, sensible dialog going, what does this imply? Moreover, I did not report him secretively. Every thought i wanted to express i said it openly and with as much sensitivity as i could muster. Its not my style to be confrontational, and never felt it was needed until this point - but the odd time one has to speak one's mind just to clear up the air a bit.

• Like 2