VCraigP

Disinformation campaign

On this thread its almost like

"Lets talk in circles until i have a greater appreciation of what i already understand."

I mean theres talk going on but but none that is perspective changing.

Vmarco,

In a few sentences what is undivided light and put it in clear enough terms that can be understood by everyone.

Also your general post is big. be like the master lao tzu few words but powerful meaning there is an art to posting.

• Like 2

On this thread its almost like

"Lets talk in circles until i have a greater appreciation of what i already understand."

I mean theres talk going on but but none that is perspective changing.

That happens a lot on internet forums.

TTB's has never been an exception.

That is soooooo sweet!!!!!

So he currently has a week off posting to think about what he wants to get out of participation at TTB.

Ummm....is there more I missed here?

suspended for a week for posting too much and being annoying?

Tell me this isn't all there is!

Craig

• Like 2

When I first saw this topic I had two immediate thoughts:

1. This is the kind of post which is legitimate to ask at times

2. This is the kind of post which turns into 'chumming for sharks' to come out.

Some things are legitimate to ask but cannot be reasonable discussed at times. That's life.

• Like 2

Some things are legitimate to ask but cannot be reasonable discussed at times. That's life.

:lol:

So true. So true.

I hate to continually go against moderator decisions, but I agree. If he was suspended for actually breaking the rules, after having been given a fair warning, it would make sense.

Sorry Mal for always publicly second guessing you! I truly mean nothing personal, and just like it when things are fair.

• Like 5

So he currently has a week off posting to think about what he wants to get out of participation at TTB.

Has he been banned for a week? Why? I peeked into this thread and read this and assumed he had said something worthy of being banned so I actually read all his posts(hoping for some cheap entertainment) looking for the abusive or offensive posts that would merit such a disciplinary action and I did not see it. IME, a large percentage of the posters on this board are opinionated, hyper-intellectualized, immature and argumentative who become more hostile when confronted and tend to retreat into their ego and become entrenched in defending themselves in progressively irrational self-referential logic. ( I am certainly guilty of this)

But... that is a HUGE chunk of what TTBs is these days. And (in this thread at least) I found nothing of V Marco's posts that sits outside of the TTB's accepted norm. So, how does that merit this kind of discipline?

Am I missing something? Was there another thread where there was more abusive behavior?

As I read the thread, I also observed that many people chose to continue to react to his arguments and further provoke his entrenched aggressiveness and defensiveness by continuing to engage with him. There is an ignore user function that I use quite alot if someone becomes annoying. I myself have suffered far worse, very personalized public attacks (one recently which I brought to a mod's attention, which was promptly mimimized and explained away as harmless fun). I took it in stride as meaning that TTBs was seeking to have a more hands-off approach. But this banning has me rethinking that and wondering about the objectivity of some moderators.

I firmly believe in disciplinary action when merited, but if being annoying and argumentative is the only reason for such action, and if we are to be equal in our justice, then from my computer screen, we would have to ban 75% of all posters on TTBs

• Like 4

I firmly believe in disciplinary action when merited, but if being annoying and argumentative is the only reason for such action, and if we are to be equal in our justice, then from my computer screen, we would have to ban 75% of all posters on TTBs

I disagree. Vmarco goes beyond the line when it comes to being a public nuisance. He's not just argumentative but demeaning and disrespectful, usually resorting to attacking people. For instance in this very thread all I did was disagree with something he posted, and he immediately labeled me as mentally ill and proceeded to tell me how I'm intellectually inferior. In another thread, he threatened to call "the authorities" to launch an investigation on Twinner and I for "threatening to maim and injure him" when we absolutely did no such thing. When asked to specify examples of threats, he failed to do so.

He came here with a full cup and gets quite nasty if you don't like his cup of tea. He was warned by Mal recently for being disrespectful and has still demonstrated a lack of ability to remain civil. I said it before and I'll say it again, he's a troll. Good riddance.

• Like 6

Has he been banned for a week? Why? I peeked into this thread and read this and assumed he had said something worthy of being banned so I actually read all his posts(hoping for some cheap entertainment) looking for the abusive or offensive posts that would merit such a disciplinary action and I did not see it. IME, a large percentage of the posters on this board are opinionated, hyper-intellectualized, immature and argumentative who become more hostile when confronted and tend to retreat into their ego and become entrenched in defending themselves in progressively irrational self-referential logic. ( I am certainly guilty of this)

But... that is a HUGE chunk of what TTBs is these days. And (in this thread at least) I found nothing of V Marco's posts that sits outside of the TTB's accepted norm. So, how does that merit this kind of discipline?

Am I missing something? Was there another thread where there was more abusive behavior?

As I read the thread, I also observed that many people chose to continue to react to his arguments and further provoke his entrenched aggressiveness and defensiveness by continuing to engage with him. There is an ignore user function that I use quite alot if someone becomes annoying. I myself have suffered far worse, very personalized public attacks (one recently which I brought to a mod's attention, which was promptly mimimized and explained away as harmless fun). I took it in stride as meaning that TTBs was seeking to have a more hands-off approach. But this banning has me rethinking that and wondering about the objectivity of some moderators.

If you check the topics from the past couple of weeks they seemed about 75% flame wars which made everything kind of suck, since to post anything required duking it out with someone who ignored everything that pointed out his errors rather than admitting to them. So he would just continue the flame war for ever since anything that would stop him was ignored. Pretty much every person, aside from literally 1 or 2, who got into a conversation with him had to fall into this toxic type of interaction. The board looked like one big flame war, imo, and a lot of people seemed to avoid the board possibly to avoid interacting with a personality like this. It's pretty much been a small handful of die-hards who stuck around, ime. He may have had some historical whatever, but all I was getting from him was negative, hateful energy and toxic behaviour. He will stay on my ignore list. I don't even read the responses to him -- just people getting sucked in by his behaviour. It's depressing to see really..

• Like 3

I hate to continually go against moderator decisions, but I agree. If he was suspended for actually breaking the rules, after having been given a fair warning, it would make sense.

Sorry Mal for always publicly second guessing you! I truly mean nothing personal, and just like it when things are fair.

So breaking a rule would justify any infraction in life? You hope all humanity follows rules alone, like a robot? I truly hope you have a higher consideration within daoism than this... I am just talking and not confronting :)

There are rules... and then there is life :D

I said this above... sometimes those who are used to seeing such posts or members or threads can easily recognize such things. I have moderated at another forum for 6 years and there are two things you can easily spot, before anyone else even thinks it:

1. Trolls: who will make some trouble or division and promote their thought or who don't understand the expansiveness of their ego or their desire to speak out against what they see. The lonely troll stays a long time and often quotes without personal opinion too much since how can you object to a quote? The confrontational troll comes out and then you get to greet them and their bias and non-acceptance; but they will lecture endlessly. Some don't even know they do this; which is truly said but it is natural to them; to be oblivious.

2. Chumming the sharks: Often this is the troll doing this but they want to make others get in trouble or they just want to create some excitement which will cause an issue. Sometimes this is subconscious or unknown by the troller who chums; it is natural for them to cause problems. They are sharks so they seek prey.

On an online forum, it is all fun and games; serious and kidding; discussion and disagreement; consensus and discord. Enjoy.

Craig

Yes, you did miss something. There is more to it than just being annoying. Personal attacks simply are not tolerated here any more.

So breaking a rule would justify any infraction in life? You hope all humanity follows rules alone, like a robot? I truly hope you have a higher consideration within daoism than this... I am just talking and not confronting

There are rules... and then there is life

Just trying in my own powerless way to keep things fair here.

• Like 2

Vmarco,

In a few sentences what is undivided light and put it in clear enough terms that can be understood by everyone.

Also your general post is big. be like the master lao tzu few words but powerful meaning there is an art to posting.

Lol I asked him that a number of times. He just doesn't want to communicate, he wants to speak at people from his throne...

I would actually Like to have had a chance to converse with him, as I still find it hard to grasp exactly what he was trying to get at, but he ruined my 3 kinds of teachings thread without even reading it first. He just turned it into an anti religion Bash, which goes against TTB religious tolerance rules.

He also ruined and cluttered up a bunch of other threads, and generally refused to communicate in a meaningful way [i admit by my standards] which pretty much makes him a Troll. So I personally think one week is not enough. He should have been banned longer.

• Like 3

But why is Vmarco being singled out? Because some of the prominent voices here disagree with him ideologically? Are there not others like Vajra who have a similar tone and attitude here? Does the fact that some popular members agree with him ideologically influence how folks view him here? Or have people simply gotten used to his way of discourse? Given time, people will probably get used to Vmarco's way of discourse as well, perhaps?

I am not talking cudgels for Vmarco or support his behavior but there are others who behave similarly but the mods seem to overlook them. This makes me believe that how a bunch of popular members perceive you is what determines how acceptable your behavior here is.

• Like 4

No worries, we are always trying to improve things, so it's important that we get feedback on our decisions. I appreciate it.

I don't like to post a lot in discussions about moderator actions; don't want to stifle feedback. But, yes, things have happened differently in the past. I can't change that. No doubt things can/could/will happen differently in the future as we maintain the right to deal with unexpected situations as they arise to the best of our (admittedly human) abilities.

But just to address the "why is Vmarco being singled out?"

It is actually quite rare for one poster to annoy so many different people on TTB.

We had reports from a lot of TTB's dating as far back as 24 July. So it's not really the same situation as Vajra, although it's similar. About the closest I can recall was Mark Tin Sin's religious Taoism flooding, but it's not like that either.

And I apologise if “annoy” is imprecise, it’s just the best summation I could come up with of the various issues reported over time.

So it's not really the same situation as Vajra, although it's similar.

Mal, it's a difficult hat to wear, that of a moderator. It's easy for me to comment on decisions taken but I understand making those decisions is not easy. It should not become easy. Thanks for taking time to respond to a newbie on the forum; on many others, the newbie and his views get ignored. You have a point, numbers matter, I guess? :)

But why is Vmarco being singled out? Because some of the prominent voices here disagree with him ideologically? Are there not others like Vajra who have a similar tone and attitude here? Does the fact that some popular members agree with him ideologically influence how folks view him here? Or have people simply gotten used to his way of discourse? Given time, people will probably get used to Vmarco's way of discourse as well, perhaps?

I am not talking cudgels for Vmarco or support his behavior but there are others who behave similarly but the mods seem to overlook them. This makes me believe that how a bunch of popular members perceive you is what determines how acceptable your behavior here is.

Vajra used to annoy the hell out of me but he was never an abusive wanker. He piked up whenever Buddhism was mentioned, especially when people like myself were trying to make turn it into some form of eternalism, but above all, despite the condescending tone, He remained consistent, and won my respect.

Vmarco has no redeming features that I have seen. He totally Hijacks threads, he accuses people of all kinds of behaviour from his mighty throne and he has no interest in a two way conversation. He is a troll. All his claims are suspect. His theory's are loopy and he Insults people constantly.

The funniest thing is that when he had pissed off enough Individuals, and starts copping his Karma, all of a sudden he is being 'picked on' by 'Internet Bullies'

lol as if he was a pure lotus who had never said a bad thing to anyone...

What a whining manipulative cry baby.

I feel outraged that people here are outraged by his suspension, after reading his posts.

The people who complained pretty much lost some of my respect.

Good job Mods! :D

• Like 3