Sign in to follow this  

The Power Of Thought

I understand that when we meditate, energy is guided by thought. this is a fundamental principle in regards to many of our meditation techniques.

I understand that magick, (and mayhaps I am wrong,) is when one charges a 'thought' with much energy...and the thought becomes manifest. (for example, I believe that the whole 'the teacher comes when the student is ready' phenonema an awesome example of this, that I believe I have experienced myself. I think that I just thought about recieving a teacher so much that the thought eventually became manifest.)

But do thoughts in *themselves* have the potential to 'vibrate' at 'high frequencies'??? do you think that it is possible to cultivate thought-patterns, (to the extent of automatic subconscious recreation,)that are of such a high frequency unto themselves that they hold the potential of transcendance??

It would not be so much a matter of guiding our innate subtle energies anymore... but literally CREATING it within ourselves with our thoughts..! such things as celibacy would be unimportant.. because the jing is no longer the primary source of energy!

If this is possible, how do you think our 'high-frequency' thoughts would effect our astral bodies? would a reservoir of energy build up in our brains, (thought-centers?)

GOSH this is an interesting concept and I hope you guys are as interested as I am!

by the way, can anyone point me in the direction of *decent* online I ching resource? I want to learn about all of the trigrams and hexagrams... and I would like to have a decent resource to do it with.

I'll probably buy a book, too... probably a set. any suggestions would be really appreciated..(!) =)

and, also, to continue on with the original intent of the post :rolleyes:

some people believe that thought *is* energy. That thought and matter is essentially the same thing, just operating at different frequencies. I guess I would have agreed that this is a strong possibility.. but how to go about making my thoughts vibrate so high-low?

is it a matter of concentration?

I gotta go with basic quantum mechanics holding all sub-atomic activity to be based on possibilities more than facts- or in other words - consciousness as choice or idea becomes energy and matter.

Each moment all of matter is in a state of incredible change or flux- seemingly popping in and out of the realm we call "reality"...If What we think of as solid is mostly the "idea" of different kinds of solid; then the open-ended choices for our own energies and ideas to transform us must be pretty vast.

If some choices seem to last and last - as in the mesurement of various half-lives of elements - then some of our choices and ideas may also last beyond a life-time...

This is very interesting to me too -But there is no "surity" to any of my speculations. Quantum physics is still only another idea from man's mind that may or may not hold water.

It does however abide well with Taoist ideas of change and energy. I'd like to think the mathamatical quest for a unified theory of everything (which Einstein hoped to write an equation for) already exists in the consciousness of Buddha nature or Taoist transcendence...That everything is pretty much a sort of everything else having a different idea of itself and yet continually becoming something new at the same time...! This is an astounding way to look at life. There is no anchor or net or balance except in a collective consciousness that agrees to keep things as they are... in a state of constant change!

But I have no idea what so ever about the frequencies of my thought patterns, or how to develpoe a control of such a thing if I could find it. Please explain this as yr able...

If what I wrote rings true for ya, than any quest taken is in the "right " direction and may lead to bliss. It is how we proceed that gets us anywhere, not the direction we head towards. The idea of thought control through meditation does not appeal to me. I generally try to "empty" my mind to find a peacful state, not consciously force enlightenment -which I think is impossible and counter to finding it. Striving gets in the way of progress sometimes. Let it be. It seems that we can harm ourselves trying to understand somethings when "out of our element"...

Like the recent passing of Steve Irwin, who died trying to understand something that he scared into killing him!

Edited by Wayfarer64

GOSH this is an interesting concept and I hope you guys are as interested as I am!

funny you're talking about this stuff, i bought the quantum edition of 'what the bleep do we know' and started watching it again last night..this edition has something like 6 hours of interviews on this stuff. was just thinking about this stuff and manifesting this morning. one guy was saying the reason why we don't really get what we imagine is that we simply are not holding on to the thought long enough..but lots of cool explanations on the QM stuff that wasn't in the original edition..esp. very simple explanations of what's going on with the particle wave dynamics..

T

I have seen what the bleep do we know.. not the 6hour interviews version, though.. I might get that off of amazon.. very awesome stuff!

On another forum, I am talking to a brilliant, brilliant fellow who is devising 'the language of light' using the I Ching hexagrams. It is truly awesome stuff.. He has had decades of work regarding western esotoricism, though... and speaks in a language I can hardly understand.

He is a hermetic alchemist... and a true pioneer in the science of transcendance.. at least this is my opinion...

Thanks for your supportive kindness! Linkage from my site is important to me. It is a big part of the concept of being "one with all"... I'll keep adding sites as I find them so feel free to suggest a few of your favorites via email on the site...(or my site to other sites too of course!) I rarely seek or ask for linkage as it seems to be pretty time-consuming, but I guess I should do so more often...So, what about it Sean? Tao Bums are up 2xs on my sites' links pages... I'll add ya to general web sites and offer a three for one!

(sorry off thread again)-so remember- The power of communication is needed to transmit the power of thought...

thanks again-Pat

Edited by Wayfarer64

Sign in to follow this