tulku

The problem with people is that they fear death and loss

yes, people stray from the truth because they fear death and loss..

this is what I gathered from the projections behind the posts during the past few days..

one can never be enlightened if one can't accept that there is nothing to fear from death and loss..

one should even rush head-long towards death and loss if the situation requires it..

• Like 1

this is what I gathered from the projections behind the posts during the past few days..

one can never be enlightened if one can't accept that there is nothing to fear from death and loss..

one should even rush head-long towards death and loss if the situation requires it..

Yeah, fear is one of my favorite topics. Fear prevents us from living our life to the fullest.

For fun, could you describe a hypothetical situation that would require rushing headlong into death and loss?

• Like 1

For fun, could you describe a hypothetical situation that would require rushing headlong into death and loss?

:lol: :lol:

Well asked!

• Like 1

Psychologists say that all fears can be reduced to 3 fundamental fears,...Fear of Abandonment, Fear of Death, and the Fear of not being Good Enough.

I agree, that fear (and its polar twin, hope) are barriers to enlightenment. On this forum I've noticed quite a bit of fear of abandonment and not being good enough.

V

• Like 1

saving a small child from being hit by a car for eg

Psychologists say that all fears can be reduced to 3 fundamental fears,...Fear of Abandonment, Fear of Death, and the Fear of not being Good Enough.

I agree, that fear (and its polar twin, hope) are barriers to enlightenment. On this forum I've noticed quite a bit of fear of abandonment and not being good enough.

V

i would say that the fear of not being good enough is prevalent in many writers

saving a small child from being hit by a car for eg

You wouldn't save a small child from a car without love/compassion. Unless you are doing it to achieve the label of a hero of course.

• Like 1

The will to survive is something that will take over your body when you face certain death, direct danger. It depends on how long it takes before you actually accept the fact that you are going to die. For example, if you accept your death right now, without really meaning it, you might still feel a certain motivation for live. When you totally just say goodbye to life, when you say your last words right before death, something will take over your body and you will not be able to control it.

The fear of death is something totally else. Do not confuse it with the will to live.

So, that being said... I would rather say "hold death in mind at all times and do not fear it but respect death" All things in life, when death is your frame of reference, seems so insignificant. You will naturally live to your fullest potential, especially because the will to live is strongest during thoughts of death. People who are known for their couragious acts and fearlessness are known for making them selves believe that they will die young, for this believe motivates them to live. They have a clock, and thus waste all the energy they can before the time runs out. Sometimes excessive energy is needed, like in battles or during war, but not always. You must also learn to channel your motivation to live in effiecent ways and get rid of any wastes in your life.

Sometimes people cannot control this will to live and do crazy things, impulsively, and waste all their energies in wasteful ways without being aware of it. Thus, you must respect death and know that it is around every corner. Be aware of it, stay alert, observe not only the environment but equally observe yourself for signs of death. Death is everywhere. Hold death in mind at all times and do not forget it.

On these forums? Alot of people naturally have more fear of death then usual, since fearless people usually lead a very physical life and rarely find the patience to write on a keyboard or read long articles. But I'm sure there are plenty here who do not fear death also. They might have forgotten about the presence of death within themselves.

...Meet Joe Black... He's death and he likes to eat only peanutbutter! Not so healthy, Mr. Black! :lol:

Tulku,

Maybe you are confused? Finding love has nothing to do with the void unless you are in the void.

That reminds me of a bumpersticker:

DO NOT SEEK LOVE,

BUT SEEK AND FIND ALL THE BARRIERS THAT YOU HAVE BUILT AGAINST IT

That reminds me of a bumpersticker:

DO NOT SEEK LOVE,

BUT SEEK AND FIND ALL THE BARRIERS THAT YOU HAVE BUILT AGAINST IT

I guess it could be like that, but you kinda need to find it before you can work with it and discover what those barriers and attachements are.

Seeking goes beyond articulations of the mind imo.

By finding I meant finding it within.

The problem with people is feeling the need to tell others what their problem is... And now I have just implicated myself as having the problem... How did that happen?

• Like 4

I think it is pretty prevalent regardless. From my experience, ...

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing.

The problem with people is feeling the need to tell others what their problem is... And now I have just implicated myself as having the problem... How did that happen?

Hehehe. Funny.

Yep. I think that most of us really intend on trying to help but all too often what we present and the way we present it make it appear that we know all the answers, even before they are asked.

I do that sometimes just to piss someone off but I really doubt that I am being helpful.

Shall we call that an "Oh well."?

The problem with people is they don't bother asking themselves how they got to be afraid of death and loss in the first place.

The problem with people is they don't bother asking themselves how they got to be afraid of death and loss in the first place.

And the problem with that is that we mostly cannot even formulate the questions needed in order to find the answers.

Sometimes we just have to close the book and start reading a new one.

And we all should remember, today is the first day of the rest of our life.

Is there a "problem" with people, really?

Really?

I have never noticed a 'problem' with anyone. There are states of greater benefit to our wellbeing than others, but neither condition need be a 'problem'.

The conception of a 'problem' is a perception that often undermines and perpetuates itself.

In Chinese, there is a character for the idea of 'crisis'. It is composed with strokes for 'danger' and in that, also 'opportunity'.

Even in crisis there is opportunity.

Hold the deepest regard you can for the core of everyone's light. Learn to look into one's beauty when you gaze; even upon the seemingly destitute and perverse. Their wellbeing is a reflection in your eyes. Why not act with the utmost grace from the core of your own being.

Likewise, why not express that through speaking mindfully when you post.

I assume the intent to post this significant observation was to 'enlighten' everyone with your 'realization' of their 'fear'. So why not speak of it from a place of power in compassion.

• Like 4

On these forums? Alot of people naturally have more fear of death then usual, since fearless people usually lead a very physical life and rarely find the patience to write on a keyboard or read long articles. But I'm sure there are plenty here who do not fear death also. They might have forgotten about the presence of death within themselves.

And who are you to define the lifestyle of fearless people?

Tulku,

Maybe you are confused? Finding love has nothing to do with the void unless you are in the void.

People find love because they fear nor being loved.

There is nothing to find. There is only "being".

Being in the void, Being empty at all times, even in the heart.

Is there a "problem" with people, really?

Oh My Goodness! An Optimist!!! I thought the species was extinct.

Good post Small Fur.

I would question this though:

Their wellbeing is a reflection in your eyes.

I don't think this is necessarily true. If we have clarity of vision we will see things as they truely are, without any of our biases.

An other's wellbeing is based on a multitude of factors.

Perhaps we should live our lives to the full and when our time has come, accept it, accept it as following the natural way? What people probably fear is the unknown. Here is the beginning of religion and controlling of the masses. Love, of course is the foundation of spiritual practice, but equally can be the downfall if unbalanced.