Harmonious Emptiness

Christianity, Buddhsim, Religious Taoism

Jingles, susses, sissies,...you do love trolling, don't you?. So, how and why does one spin,...what you agree to be an "absolutely correct, simple spiritual legacy",..into a diatribe about pot-luck, self-absorbed, upsidedown, entrepeneurialship? Talk about convenient. NOW THAT"S CONVENIENT!

If you are AFRAID to discuss Light, just say, I'm AFRAID to discuss Light,...or better yet, say nothing at all,..WHICH ULTIMATELY, is what your saying anyway,...NOTHING. Devoid of any meaningful contribution, and out to make certain that no one else can engage in a topic of meaningful contribution,...least you're uncovered for your meaninglessness.

The thing I'm not aware of is,...are you Twinners Troll Groupie, or is he yours? He states that you are the Second Greatest Buddhist on TB, which is obviously untrue, because you will not engage in any meaningful discussion on Buddhism beyond the fundamentalist dogmatic quotes from your Lineages point of view.

So,...once again,...you show youself as all mouthy diatribe, and no substance. Too bad.

If you "think" Naropa's Clear Light Yoga is absolutely true, why not discuss it,...or have you been indoctrinated that it's an ineffable legacy that can only be shared by way of special transmissions of the head of your lineage?

Freethought Buddhism is much more simple,...relate with what will never leave you, and from which you can never leave,...that includes so-called life or death.

V

Since i have already seen with absolute clarity what your motives are, isnt it moot to then ask that we engage in meaningful discussions?

Its totally a waste of time to exchange any ideas with you, since you have no feelings for what people write anyways.

Someone says something, or makes a point, and you respond with totally irrelevant walls of words that most times does not make an iota of sense at all, and despite repeated attempts by various posters to wake you up to this, you start brandishing your defense shield and accuse others of all sorts of imagined biases against you, as though you are that important that everyone wants to engage with you eh? Or perhaps you are thinking that negative feedbacks are at least still better than no feedback at all, is that what it is? Are you like feeding off these stuff?!! Just for your information, this is not drama school, nor is there the word "Tinseltown" linked anywhere on the site.

As if being a dramatic reactionary isnt enough, you then engage in insult after insult at those whose only aim was to encourage you to change your style of communicating your knowledge here because half the time your posts gets lost on the reader, and you completely misconstrue this and go into a frenzied defensive mode, and start your usual nonsenses all over again. Isnt this way below your level of intelligence? I still maintain there is more to you than what you have stooped down to so far, so, until you start to relate in more pleasantly relatable ways, dont expect anyone to put up with your shite.

• Like 3

Actually thinking can and is faster than the speed of light. All you have to do is to send your mind to the farthest corner of the known universe and it will do so in a flash.

;)

It's amazing how science can be usurped to support cockamamie theories about stuff that doesn't really fall in the realm of science or for that matter, doesn't need the support of science. Spirituality has no need for objective scientific theory or evidence because it is a subjective, personal quest. Conflating two separate and often times mutually exclusive relative frameworks of categorization is only going to lead to contradiction and absurdity, as has been aptly demonstrated here wrt "Light". I don't mean to be rude, but please consider this an admonishment from someone who seems potential in your intellect, which is going to be wasted straddling two mutually exclusive paradigms.

I echo your sentiments strongly on this Dwai. As one who has a foot each in the scientific and spiritual camps, I think it's critical to work within each framework based on their unique paradigms. It is very instructive to me to see overlap and parallels and try to understand how the paradigms interact but bringing the rules, methods, and language of the spiritual into the scientific laboratory is no more (or less) effective than bringing scientific measurement into the spiritual realm (show me the Qi).

This is one of the major issues with the ID folks and other religious types who can't seem to get comfortable leaving the two separate (same criticism is valid towards the scientists how pontificate of the presence or absence of God and other spiritual matters). One does not need to validate the other. I doubt they ever will entirely. Although as science has matured it first deviated dramatically from the realm of the spiritual and is now advancing slowly back in that direction. I think it is human nature to want to understand what is not yet (perhaps can not be) understood, so this will be an ongoing phenomenon.

And it's interesting that you use that illustration of thought being faster than light, it is the same analogy my Shifu uses.

Was listening to the Mike Malloy show last night and he was talking about a new sect of Christian fundamentalism. New Apostolic Reformation or NAR apostles is a movement that wants to reform the world based on some twisted ideology!

Ideologies such as this are based on fear, death and destruction!

http://lethimhear.wo...nce-at-harvard/

Actually thinking can and is faster than the speed of light. All you have to do is to send your mind to the farthest corner of the known universe and it will do so in a flash.

;)

Sorry,...thinking, will never, can never reach the so-called-speed-of-light. Not only is thought always, irrefutably in the past,...thinking arises from the skandhas, and that mass, as was posted in the "What is Light" thread, dissolves before ever entering the so-call-speed-of-light. The idea that mass achieves infinity, is romantic nonsense, which is also stated and explained in the "what is Light" thread.

Heart-Mind, on the other hand, does have a relationship with Undivided Light.

V

Sorry,...thinking, will never, can never reach the so-called-speed-of-light. Not only is thought always, irrefutably in the past,...thinking arises from the skandhas, and that mass, as was posted in the "What is Light" thread, dissolves before ever entering the so-call-speed-of-light. The idea that mass achieves infinity, is romantic nonsense, which is also stated and explained in the "what is Light" thread.

V

Where did you get the idea that the skhandas are masses? They are not physical things.

At the risk of being ridiculed etc let me say that I saw Christ in a vision 6 years ago while praying to him. He said four words and i replied to him. Then this colossal conveyor belt of energy went up my neck and i felt an opening a few inches above my crown.

Things happened after that which caused this energy to disappear, but, while it was still there the knowledge i recieved was all about compassion. Mainly that we are united in suffering, absolutely everyone feels pain etc...

It says clearly in the new testament that Christ brought a new law for those who would listen. Hebrews is a good book to read in the New Testament, it was written by an unknown christian initiate, not Paul as many believe...so i've heard.

Secondly, the books of the new testament and i think the old testament are books of initiation. They are a lot of the time explained as being a diluted form of spirituality, but that is not the case...in fact they are simply too hard to get into and understand for most people (including me).

Just my 2 cents... i don't want to discuss this further on the forum in public, thanks...

Just writing this for those who are willing to listen and be open to the possibility that Christ was and is still around.

All the best

Ed

• Like 1

At the risk of being ridiculed etc let me say that I saw Christ in a vision 6 years ago while praying to him.

Yes, people surly ridicule those who have experiences that they haven't. But the facts indicate that we all perceive our lives from within electrodynamic fields, and within such, when our attention and intention is focused, or projecting, as in prayer, things can happen,...for example, look at the contemplative prayer that produces stigmata,...now that's some powerful thinking/projecting into form.

For myself, my attention and intention is on Vajrayana practice, and lowering the electrodynamic field so it can maintain (a lowering of the holographic screen) no belief,...it's often called by its practioners, the Short Path. Interestingly, those who seek no beliefs, no visions, get ridiculed far more than you can imagine.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7.11/persinger.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=110997741

V

V

Sorry...thinking isn't always in the past and thinking can be faster than the speed of light. Think about any galaxy any number of light years away. Your mind reaches there faster than the light that can travel from there...all you have to do is use your imagination.

Also, it seems as though a theory on FTL is being discussed:

Two Baylor scientists have come up with a new method that could allow a spaceship to travel faster than the speed of light, without breaking the laws of physics.

Dr. Gerald Cleaver, associate professor of physics at Baylor, and Richard Obousy, a Baylor graduate student, theorize that by manipulating the extra spatial dimensions of string theory around a spaceship with an extremely large amount of energy, it would create a "bubble" that could cause the ship to travel faster than the speed of light. To create this bubble, the Baylor physicists believe manipulating the 10th spatial dimension would alter the dark energy in three dimensions: height, width and length.

Cleaver said positive dark energy is currently responsible for speeding up the expansion rate of our universe as time moves on, just like it did after the Big Bang, when the universe expanded much faster than the speed of light for a very brief time.

"Think of it like a surfer riding a wave," said Cleaver. "The ship would be pushed by the spatial bubble and the bubble would be traveling faster than the speed of light."

The method is based on the Alcubierre drive, which proposes expanding the fabric of space behind a ship and shrinking space-time in front of the ship. The ship would not actually move, but instead would sit in a bubble between the expanding and shrinking space-time dimensions. Since space would move around the ship, the theory does not violate Einstein's Theory of Relativity, which states that it would take an infinite amount of energy to accelerate a massive object to the speed of light.

String theory suggests the universe is made up of multiple dimensions. Height, width and length are the first three dimensions, and time is the fourth dimension. String theorists used to believe that there are a total of 10 dimensions, with six other dimensions that cannot be identified yet because of their incredibly small size.

A new theory, called M-theory, takes string theory one step farther and states that the "strings" that all things are made of actually vibrate in an additional spatial dimensional, which is called the 10th dimension. Researchers believe that by changing the size of this 10th spatial dimension, they could alter the strength of the dark energy in such a manner to propel a ship faster than the speed of light.

The Baylor physicists estimate that the amount of energy needed to influence the extra dimension is equivalent to the entire mass of Jupiter being converted into pure energy for a ship measuring roughly 10 meters by 10 meters by 10 meters.

"That is an enormous amount of energy," Cleaver said. "We are still a very long ways off before we could create something to harness that type of energy."

The paper appears in the Journal of the British Interplanetary Society.

Paper on FTL

Sorry...thinking isn't always in the past and thinking can be faster than the speed of light. Think about any galaxy any number of light years away. Your mind reaches there faster than the light that can travel from there...all you have to do is use your imagination.

As I explained above,...thinking is IRREFUTABLY in the past,...IRREFUTABLY! Your thinking that it is not, does not change that changeless fact. No one, anywhere, can think in the present.

Second, from my observation, nothing is faster than the so-called-speed-of-light,...although I would not say that is an absolute truth. I can understand that the sciential minded like to dream up nonsense about energy/mass hidding itself in bubble and tricking Undivided Light that such a condition (the bubble)is not in the Unconditionality of the non-dimension of Undivided Light,...but it's surely ridiculous.

I'm not saying that Consciousness cannot realize Undivided Light, that is, cross the threshold into the timeless, energyless, massless, Unconditionality of Clear Light,...but no amount of imagination (which arises from the skandhas)is going to.

On another thread I wrote:

Although most object-ive scientists often experience revulsion when encountering the idea of universal correlation, that is, the understanding that everything in nature is instantaneously connected with and affected by everything else, Bell's theorem showed experimentally that this is so. If A is instantly aware of where B is, even though they may be located at opposite ends of the universe, this implies that A and B, although perceptively different, have some fundamental sameness.

At the so-called-speed-of-light,...nothing travels any distance, in any time, and thus there is no need for speed. Two Baylor scientists are playing with fantasies based upon a String Theory that doesn't exist.

This is why I mentioned in the 'What is Light' thread that it is doubtful that science will ever get it,...especially not filtered through their current belief systems. Other than that, I'm not going to repeat here was was posted there.

I will say, that it would be of the utmost importance for you to ponder on "thinking",...I worked through it in a univsersity setting some 24 years ago,...even had access to sensory deprivation tanks,...one cannot think in the present. It's irrefutable. With all respect,...If you cannot grasp that, you will not uncover the next level.

V

As I explained above,...thinking is IRREFUTABLY in the past,...IRREFUTABLY! Your thinking that it is not, does not change that changeless fact. No one, anywhere, can think in the present.

I don't feel he is talking about mere social conceptuality, as in the type of thinking that uses these communication symbols.

I think he's more thinking about the movement of mind illumination. It can travel distances without time being a constraint.

Remote viewing for example is faster than the speed of light.

Vmarco,

I refute this. Your belief regarding this is absolutely idiotic. So idiotic that I don't even know why I'm posting this.

• Like 2