Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

The Cure For Insomnia

Didn't sleep much last night. I have several books on sleep disorders. I rememberone book I didn't buy. An old book, one of the original self help books, written by Clement Stone( I think) before self help became its own library section.

It said, 'Insominia should be seen as a blessing not a curse.' The insomniac who works through nite productively is accomplished, the one who tosses and turns in bed is not using the benefit to his advantage.

Thus its 12:47. I have just finished writing a short kids story. Its in Personnal Discussion place. If you care to read it and let me know what you think. Its got a few typos, but for a first draft is surprisingly smooth, I think.

Michael

Heh, I was just reading articles on how to cure insomnia and the negative effects of sleep debt on one's endocrine system, thyroid, insulin sensitivity, etc. and its correlation with heart disease, diabetes, obesity and on and on and on.

Made me feel guilty for staying up til 4 AM every night.

Hmmm ... what about 6AM ?? :lol:

Hey, Michael,

I'd be more than happy to read but not so hip on opinionating. Just check for it in PM.

That lack of sleep thing is most definetly an advantage.

Most of my freelance work gets slam-dunked during the early/late (however you look at it) hours.

You know ... when most of the world is out for the count.

B)

Sign in to follow this