JustARandomPanda

A Taoist Themed Forum

I am curious to see what Taobummers would think of the creation of a more Taost-Thematically oriented Forum.

Mine and Taomeow's proposal:

1. This forum would be open for all things to do with Taoism as it is known from historical Taoist texts, schools, Linneages, Qi gong, Internal Alchemy, etc.

2. Your post must in some way be about Taoism or discuss Taoist practices.

3. Threads and posts which deviated from these themes would be moved to the (recently renamed) General Forum. The General forum would retain it's de facto purpose of any-philosophy/religious/practice-debate-goes-as-long-as-it's-within-the-ToS format. (VERY obviously non-philosophy/religious/practice threads would still go to Off-Topic instead).

Note: Taoist threads could still be opened in the General Forum as well. Taobummers would get to pick and choose. The could go for the more-open General Forum or the more strict Taoist-themed forum (which would stand equal to the General forum on the hierarchy tree) which would be more focused in it's discussions.

Your thoughts?

I am curious to see what Taobummers would think of the creation of a more Taost-Thematically oriented Forum.

Mine and Taomeow's proposal:

1. This forum would be open for all things to do with Taoism as it is known from historical Taoist texts, schools, Linneages, Qi gong, Internal Alchemy, etc.

2. Your post must in some way be about Taoism or discuss Taoist practices.

3. Threads and posts which deviated from these themes would be moved to the (recently renamed) General Forum. The General forum would retain it's de facto purpose of any-philosophy/religious/practice-debate-goes-as-long-as-it's-within-the-ToS format. (VERY obviously non-philosophy/religious/practice threads would still go to Off-Topic instead).

Note: Taoist threads could still be opened in the General Forum as well. Taobummers would get to pick and choose. The could go for the more-open General Forum or the more strict Taoist-themed forum (which would stand equal to the General forum on the hierarchy tree) which would be more focused in it's discussions.

Your thoughts?

Don't try and "fix" sometin that ain't broke.

Is there something wrong with the way things are now??

• Like 1

Don't try and "fix" sometin that ain't broke.

True, although contents may differ due to continuous product improvement B)

And thats what we are looking for, improvements along the lines of the recent Tao Teh Ching and Nei-yeh subforums

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be more organized to have other categories?

Yes it would but it would also require more work by the moderators and understanding of the membership in general.

I agree with OldGreen's comment as well as with Stig's initial comment. However, if we have only one basket the apples and oranges must be put in the same basket. If we have two baskets we can put apples in one and oranges in the other. The more baskets we have the better we can keep one thing from contaminating another.

at first i kinda had the idea similar to what Stigweard had (if it aint broke, dont fix it)but after reviewing a few threads,

i do see how it could be useful to have some 'taoist" discussion area. i try not to label myself as anything particular(ist).

i wouldnt want to ask the mods to take on further duties but if they are volunteering this idea, then sure.