Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Some very disturbing trends and articles

In the last few years, it seems a lot of haters have finally come out of the closet. I get the impression they had been shut up for at least 10 years, but theeeeeiiiir baaaaaaaack. They keep repeating that "Hip Hop is finally Dead!"

2 main claims I see a lot these days are....First, that Hip Hop is the new Hair Metal. Times change and they claim the attitudes of Hip Hop artists that were so popular just 5 or 10 years ago, are not compatible with the alleged "tolerant" and "politically correct" society we are now in.

Is Hip Hop the new Hair Metal?

http://thefastertimes.com/hiphop/2010/07/04/long-stick-fizzle-out-hip-hop%e2%80%99s-decline-and-re-emergence/#more-18

Hip Hop = Har Metal? Or is the real street shit ready to make a comeback?

http://www.ihiphop.com/?p=94761

I thought we learned our lesson in the 1990s? It's not cool to be a hater, grungy, lame, politically correct, or a pussy. A lot of people who had the potential to be great, and live it up, in the 80s or 2000s, had to suffer through a torturous, boring, decade of politacal correctness, hate, and feeling like they were held back. Add to that, if they ever did try to be awesome or party it up, they were met with hate and resistance, rather than admiration and envy.

Well all I have to say about claims that Hip Hop is the new Hair Metal......is that the 90s fucking sucked-

90s fucking sucked!

Another piece of alleged "evidence" that Hip Hop is dead, the evidence most of these people use, is the fact that Electronic Pop, or more correctly called Eurodance music, has overtaken Hip Hop as the most popular genre. I don't believe that means Hip Hop is dead or necessarily on a permanent decline. I say just because it is the second most popular music doesn't make it dead.....however, hip hops's whole thing throughout it's entire existence has been that it is the new shit, the new sound. Many people allegedly percieve the new electronic and computerized beats as the "new shit" now. I have a hard time believing an originally European style of music can overtake music which began in New York city, for the longterm. However....we do live in a technological society, where technology drives so many things, perhaps even music, so the trend is a little disturbing and worrysome. I have nothing against Eurodance, I just think it should be number 2, not number 1.

Death of Hip hop, birth of electro-pop, and the influence of electronic music into mainstream music

http://www.dbmlabs.com/blog/2010/03/15/death-of-hip-hop-birth-of-electro-pop-remixes-and-more-remixes/

All I have to say about that is...Hip Hop is every style of music, and can hopefully adapt to any time and place. Hip Hop is the original and true Electro music-

Edited by Immortal4life

Seems to me that whatever music conveys the most power is the one that will be on top. Also, whatever is new...electronic music in the past hasn't ever sounded like it does today. There is a lot of new sound technology out there.

All I have to say about that is...Hip Hop is every style of music, and can hopefully adapt to any time and place. Hip Hop is the original and true Electro music-

really? then here are your hip hop pioneers :lol:

these next euroguys started playing with this in '69

which led to the de-evo-lution

but why should you care if " has overtaken Hip Hop as the most popular genre"

if you like it , its fine by me. but there is danger in being in the great flock

/herd mentality. unless you wanna be a sheep.

and suggested reading is the lryics to the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5mJQGMqJvw

technology is making ya'll week and strengthening the hand of the overlords

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCvMKcNJCAY

i hope you understand my final here as some of us like it RAW

and refuse to ever cave in to a herd mentality, we will never be broken we are hard and dont bend over for no one

no electrico BS here. but since hip hop is every style of music then i know you will

appreciate

:lol::lol:

Well, on the one hand yes, it is admirable not to follow the herd. However, it is not admirable to get stuck in one way of being and not ever adapt of change.

You don't want to be one of those guys who was still wearing Motley Crue in 1993. Hell, some people still wear Def Leopord and Mettalica to this day, and I just shake my head at them, as the girls flock to me with my Rocowear, Phat farm, and bling.

"However, it is not admirable to get stuck in one way of being and not ever adapt of change"

listen to what you are saying here

"in 1993" i might have been listening to hip hop THEN wu tang and tupac

there was a renaissance of sorts going on then. these guys were hard. i just dont sense that out of hip hop anymore.

"as the girls flock to me with my Rocowear, Phat farm, and bling."

if that is what yer into, go for it. Rocowear? i aint got a clue dude.

bling aint me, to each their own, right? if we were all the same it would be kinda boring for all of us.

i am in my comfort zone being with the hardest leanest meanest<<that is a party :lol:

I don't "hate" hip hop and rap. I just don't think they are forms of music.

Yes, they are saying things that some want to hear. But they are not talking about any part of my life so even what they are saying does not relate to me.

Bottom line: No value to me.

However, it apparently has value to some.

I don't "hate" hip hop and rap. I just don't think they are forms of music.

Yes, they are saying things that some want to hear. But they are not talking about any part of my life so even what they are saying does not relate to me.

Bottom line: No value to me.

However, it apparently has value to some.

good point, i recently found out that not everyone likes country! :lol:

but for me , whatever gendre(did i say that right?) of music, the commercialized, over exposed "songs" i get bored with quickly. there are rare exceptions.

but if i happen to like a song or not doesnt have anything to do with its popularity.

good point, i recently found out that not everyone likes country! :lol:

Hehehe. I like old-time country music. I don't care much for the popular, today's country music, but like you said, there are exceptions.

but for me , whatever gendre(did i say that right?) of music, the commercialized, over exposed "songs" i get bored with quickly. there are rare exceptions.

That's what happened with Sould music. During the late 1960's Motown took control of most Soul music. It became very commercialized and they lost me. It soon faded after that.

but if i happen to like a song or not doesnt have anything to do with its popularity.

Yes, if a song speaks to us it doesn't matter how popular it becomes.

It's interesting that people that don't like rap and hip hop and voice their opinions are "disturbing".

People have a right to be discriminating in their tastes. And before anyone goes off the deep end by the word, look it up in the dictionary.

I am a professional musician and my take on it was when rap came out decades ago, it was essentially urban poetry to a drum loop. Some of that poetry was quite good, but I had a hard time calling it music. Anyone could stand next to a running cement mixer with a steady pulse and rap to it.

When digital sampling got better some of these artists began lifting entire hooks of established music someone else created and rapped over that. Didn't get my respect at that time either. As an artist that creates music, that really turned me off to the genre in general.

I also currently work with at risk teens and many of their outgoing phone messages have their hip hop favorites playing, and most of what I hear is truly awful. The rappers cannot even rap in time to the beats on their own track.

When it comes to rebellion, many times young people will align themselves with the lowest common denominator that is sure to offend their elders. Rap and hip hop fulfills that need and you cannot get much lower than that as a form of entertainment, so it is sure to continue in popularity.

This is just my opinion as a musician. It dosen't make me a hater. We all have a right to be discriminating in our tastes, especially if we have good reasons.

Sign in to follow this