Aaron

Setting up a new avatar.

I've been trying to change my avatar, but I receive the same error message each time. I'm not certain why there is an error, because the image I am uploading is within the kb size limit and also meets the pixel size requirements. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Aaron

what error do you receive?

It just says the requirements for an avatar and that's about it. It's weird, I can add it as my photograph, but not my avatar. I'll keep trying. I really don't understand why it's not accepting it for the avatar.

Aaron

It just says the requirements for an avatar and that's about it. It's weird, I can add it as my photograph, but not my avatar. I'll keep trying. I really don't understand why it's not accepting it for the avatar.

Aaron

I remember getting an error with an animated gif so maybe there is a file type restriction such as .png or .tiff would not be allowed but others would be ok such as .jpg. Check if it is a file type restriction. Try to open the image you wanted using paint or other software then "save as" jpg and see if it works?

Edited by Desert Eagle

I remember getting an error with an animated gif so maybe there is a file type restriction such as .png or .tiff would not be allowed but others would be ok such as .jpg. Check if it is a file type restriction. Try to open the image you wanted using paint or other software then "save as" jpg and see if it works?

It was a jpg, but I think I might try and save if as a gif and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for your help.

Aaron

if that doesn't work check if the size is actually less than 50 kb, reduce the image quality or size if needed. sometimes it shows 50kb on your computer but the actual kbs are a bit more because windows rounds it off or something.

I tried to change my profile picture, but I don't see the change.

It shows me in edit that the picture has been changed, and the picture appears at the top right of the screen, but I don't see it when I go to my profile.

Any suggestions?

I tried to change my profile picture, but I don't see the change.

It shows me in edit that the picture has been changed, and the picture appears at the top right of the screen, but I don't see it when I go to my profile.

Any suggestions?

that happened to me many times, try to ignore it for an hour or more then see if it has appeared on your posts. Maybe the system didn't update it yet.

very strange.. from my own computer I see my new avatar, but from a different one I'm seeing the old avatar. I've double checked on both computers too.

:huh:?

yep it happened to me too. try clearing out the cache from the other computer then refreshing the pages.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Edited by Desert Eagle

I need to give you a tech support badge Desert Eagle

Thanks for helping _/\_

In profile editing, gifs are allowed as avatar photos. But why would one do so if the allowed file type cannot be animated ??? This was a bit frustrating.

Screenshot_Chrome_20190602-204208.png

Screenshot_Chrome_20190602-204229.png

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 1

Yes, that's understood. But then why allow gifs as avatars ???

Are there any gifs that aren't animated ?:lol:

Just a little frustrating when I spent some time and effort to create a file within size requirements only to be denied... that's all

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, neti neti said:

Yes, that's understood. But then why allow gifs as avatars ???

Are there any gifs that aren't animated ?:lol:

Just a little frustrating when I spent some time and effort to create a file within size requirements only to be denied... that's all

The software allows animated gifs... but someone created one that was incredibly irritating and complained about.   So we turned off the ability to allow that.

Are you saying you cannot even use a gif as an avatar?

33 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I was bummed back when I realized my original avatar .gif wouldn't wiggle on this forum.

I like to wiggle. 

I will try to be a respectful as possible... but what, exactly, was wiggling ?  :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dawei said:

I will try to be a respectful as possible... but what, exactly, was wiggling ?  :lol:

5cf5d26c9a1a2_toroidalspheregif.gif.0f10fbb96cb08e940f69ce1355723c40.gif

oooh yea...

shake yo money makah...

shake what yo momma gave ya....

:lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dawei said:

The software allows animated gifs... but someone created one that was incredibly irritating and complained about.   So we turned off the ability to allow that.

Are you saying you cannot even use a gif as an avatar?

Ah ok, well, there's always one that messes it up for everyone else, isn't there? B)

no... im saying that... why would you even continue allowing a gif as an avatar... when all gifs wiggle?! Kind of a false advertisement. And now I feel cheated. :)

I mean, I could totally be wrong of course. Maybe I'm not as much of a geek as I think I am, and somewhere out there on the world wide web, there's people who are having a wonderful time using static unwiggling gif files... when a good 'ol .jpg file would work just fine ??? I must be missing out.:(

3 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

shake yo money makah...

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

5cf5d26c9a1a2_toroidalspheregif.gif.0f10fbb96cb08e940f69ce1355723c40.gif

oooh yea...

shake yo money makah...

ooo, now you know i can't stop looking at that sexy torus. :lol:

2 minutes ago, neti neti said:

Ah ok, well, there's always one that messes it up for everyone else, isn't there? B)

no... im saying that... why would you even continue allowing a gif as an avatar... when all gifs wiggle?! Kind of a false advertisement. And now I feel cheated. :)

I mean, I could totally be wrong of course. Maybe I'm not as much of a geek as I think I am, and somewhere out there on the world wide web, there's people who are having a wonderful time using static unwiggling gif files... when a good 'ol .jpg file would work just fine ??? I must be missing out.:(

Sorry, I feel there is not an answer to my question.

Can you attach a non-animated gif ?

If yes, then you can attach a gif.