Sign in to follow this  
tulku

How do you use your Heartmind to open up your third eye?

Most of us have heard of the third eye meditation by now where you focus all your attention on your third eye.

What i wanna know is how would you use your heartmind to open up your third eye?

Most of us have heard of the third eye meditation by now where you focus all your attention on your third eye.

What i wanna know is how would you use your heartmind to open up your third eye?

Sounds impossible to me,...however, if you wanted to open Heart-Mind through the Third Eye, that would be different. The Third-Eye is opened through finding the barycenter of the upper three chakras,...the barycenter of the lower three chakras is sometimes called the danjun.

For an example,...Using the danjun, one draws up yang chi, and releases through the hands or feet, as on a drum or attackers neck. If you instead direct that chi to the thymus area, a different result occurs. Likewise, the yin chi coming from the barycenter of the upper three chakras, can also be directed to the thymus area,...when the lower (yang) and higher (yin) interlace at the thymus area, the threshold of the Heart-Mind can be seen.

The point of Higher consciousness is the Heart chakra,...not the Crown chrakra. Stop looking a the chakras from bottom to top, as lower or higher,...look at them as a reclining person,...horizontal,...with the heart as gateway beyond the skandhas.

V

Sounds impossible to me,...however, if you wanted to open Heart-Mind through the Third Eye, that would be different. The Third-Eye is opened through finding the barycenter of the upper three chakras,...the barycenter of the lower three chakras is sometimes called the danjun.

For an example,...Using the danjun, one draws up yang chi, and releases through the hands or feet, as on a drum or attackers neck. If you instead direct that chi to the thymus area, a different result occurs. Likewise, the yin chi coming from the barycenter of the upper three chakras, can also be directed to the thymus area,...when the lower (yang) and higher (yin) interlace at the thymus area, the threshold of the Heart-Mind can be seen.

The point of Higher consciousness is the Heart chakra,...not the Crown chrakra. Stop looking a the chakras from bottom to top, as lower or higher,...look at them as a reclining person,...horizontal,...with the heart as gateway beyond the skandhas.

V

let me rephrase my queston.. how do you use your heart-mind to think, analyze and formulate intention as compared to you using your brain to think, analyse and formulate intention?

so say i am going out of the room.. i used to use my brain to think about opening the door, walking out of the room and then closing the door..

now how do i use my heart-mind to do that?

let me rephrase my queston.. how do you use your heart-mind to think, analyze and formulate intention as compared to you using your brain to think, analyse and formulate intention?

so say i am going out of the room.. i used to use my brain to think about opening the door, walking out of the room and then closing the door..

That's a rephrasing of the question? LOL

The Heart-Mind, what many Buddhist (as well as ancient Naga, Bon, Maya, and Egyptians) call the Higher Mind, does not "think, analyze, or formulate"....thus if those conditions are important to you, that in itself, is a barrier to accessing Heart-Mind.

I'm aware of no way, other than the surrender of "think, analyze, or formulate" to access Heart-Mind. While conscious of the consciousness of Heart-Mind, navigating through the physical realm needs no "think, analyze, or formulate" to open doors or walk out of rooms. And keep in mind, that pivoting from Heart-Mind, without thought, instead of head mind, with thought, is quite productive,...but you'll need to verify that on your own.

For me, back in the 80's, the book ACIM was quite helpful. ACIM said, "the ego uses the body to conspire against your [Heart]Mind, and because the ego [head mind]realizes that its 'enemy' [the Heart Mind] can end them both [ego and body] merely by recognizing they are not part of You [the non-skandha Mind]), they join in the attack together. This is perhaps the strangest perception of all, if you consider what it really involves.

The ego, which is not real, attempts to persuade the Mind, which is real, that the Mind is ego's learning device; and further, that the body is more real then the Mind is.

No one in their right Mind could possibly believe this, and no one in Their 'right Mind' does believe it" 6 IV 5.

V

You always use only the one true mind, but it gets obscured by beliefs. The brain is a hard one to overcome. Say you're dreaming and in your dream you have a dream body. Which brain is dreaming? If the dream brain, then how do you remember your dreams upon waking? If the waking brain is dreaming your dreams, does that means there is another brain elsewhere that's dreaming this life? If not, why the asymmetry? Investigate.

As for the third eye, it's just a way to see visions. Do you want to see visions? First think whether or not seeing visions will improve the quality of your life. If you are convinced your life is lacking without the visions, then you can "open" it, but don't be in a hurry. To open it you have to understand how you see. What sees in the dream?

Your thoughts and deeds are that which do not offend the heart (love), and you know this because you are aware of it.

That's a rephrasing of the question? LOL

The Heart-Mind, what many Buddhist (as well as ancient Naga, Bon, Maya, and Egyptians) call the Higher Mind, does not "think, analyze, or formulate"....thus if those conditions are important to you, that in itself, is a barrier to accessing Heart-Mind.

I'm aware of no way, other than the surrender of "think, analyze, or formulate" to access Heart-Mind. While conscious of the consciousness of Heart-Mind, navigating through the physical realm needs no "think, analyze, or formulate" to open doors or walk out of rooms. And keep in mind, that pivoting from Heart-Mind, without thought, instead of head mind, with thought, is quite productive,...but you'll need to verify that on your own.

For me, back in the 80's, the book ACIM was quite helpful. ACIM said, "the ego uses the body to conspire against your [Heart]Mind, and because the ego [head mind]realizes that its 'enemy' [the Heart Mind] can end them both [ego and body] merely by recognizing they are not part of You [the non-skandha Mind]), they join in the attack together. This is perhaps the strangest perception of all, if you consider what it really involves.

The ego, which is not real, attempts to persuade the Mind, which is real, that the Mind is ego's learning device; and further, that the body is more real then the Mind is.

No one in their right Mind could possibly believe this, and no one in Their 'right Mind' does believe it" 6 IV 5.

V

loook, all of us have been educated since young to solve problems.. maths problems, language comprehension and writing skills, history memorization, so on and so forth..

all these "skills" were exercised using the head-mind or ego..

now what i want to know now is how to resolve a maths calculation problem or conversing with someone in a foreign language or memorizing history with the heart-mind..

how do you so that?

can you feel the answer to a maths question?

Your thoughts and deeds are that which do not offend the heart (love), and you know this because you are aware of it.

the heart-mind is capable of much higher functions than just "i love you"

problem is how do we use the heart-mind to replace the head-mind in its everyday every-second activities

the heart-mind is capable of much higher functions than just "i love you"

problem is how do we use the heart-mind to replace the head-mind in its everyday every-second activities

"I love you" are words and inherintly meaningless. Once you feel the heart, you will know.

I already told you a practice you can work on to find out.

The heart is called the "Supreme Controller" which can heal all things. To develop it's energetic/spiritual capacity you need to keep practice in perspective to all the energetic roles of the other organs too; they all essentially depend on each other.

You don't need the heart to get to the third eye; you can do it with intention (focus) but you can also work on accessing an area about an inch or two above the traditional third-eye location. It is another realm you can access with practice. The heart can be brought into this to keep everything under control but there are some serious consequences of not doing it properly (or not have proper guidance). But this kind of practice is a bit transitory from neigong to shengong and has some projection aspects.

If I get too much pressure there, I gently walk it backwards over my head and let it go; in other words, don't try to spread it down your body as if your trying to ground it out somewhere... there can be real dangers with that.

I don't associate dreaming to the brain but the liver. The liver stores the Hun and dreaming is the roaming of the Hun; the dream is the information picked up during it's travels. The ancients taught that the Hun can travel the nine levels of earth and nine levels of heaven. And the Shen (housed in the heart) when fully developed can energetically travel. I don't think it is about the brain.

loook, all of us have been educated since young to solve problems..

now what i want to know now is how to resolve a maths calculation problem or conversing with someone in a foreign language or memorizing history with the heart-mind..

how do you so that?

can you feel the answer to a maths question?

Sure, let's discuss mathematical assumptions.

Most people fail to recognize that the foundation of a mathematical statement is only true in relation to the assumptions of set theory, the assumption that any collection of objects actually exists. All objects, without exception, are indeed mathematical. The reason for that lies in the multiplying/dividing nature of the optically organized universe. However, the modern cosmological understanding of the universe suggests that no objects exist, indicating that mathematics pivots on a misguided belief in materialism. The sciences usually expound on relative reality through the assumption that object-ive reality actually exists. However, objectivism is based on objects, and those objects are no more real than last nights dream.

To discuss Heart-Mind, there needs to be a vocabulary that points to beyond objects,...beyond irrelevancy of empirical data. The seeing of objects as separate from perceived self is a barrier to Heart-Mind.

Thus, the journey to uncovering Heart-Mind is one of unlearning. Heart-Mind does not exist within Math's "set theory"

"In pursuit of knowledge, every day something is acquired. In pursuit of wisdom, every day something is dropped." - Lao Tzu

Edited by Vmarco

If you don't have third eye open then that is another story .

The third eye was open for me when I started practicing it.

So if this is the case there is a long ways to go .

It is good to have questions and try to understand, but somethings are beyond explaining.

Third eye is before heart IME.

Third eye comes about once you awaken by activating all the chakra's up the spine, IME.

how do you use your heart-mind to think, analyze and formulate intention as compared to you using your brain to think, analyse and formulate intention?

how do you so that?

Not possible and yet, it's always there in all of these things...

The heartmind is always present, no other way.

But to ask the questions you are asking means that you have not yet touched it.

It does not do math or make decisions, it has absolutely nothing to do with opening the third eye or having visions.

And yet... it is a part of all of those things.

Sit quietly and comfortably.

Watch your thoughts as they come and go.

Where do they come from?

What is there when they are not?

To discuss Heart-Mind, there needs to be a vocabulary that points to beyond objects,...beyond irrelevancy of empirical data. The seeing of objects as separate from perceived self is a barrier to Heart-Mind.

What vocabulary can discuss heartmind?

We can discuss what it is not, but not what it is...

The heartmind is always present

That's it! That's the key.

Just find the Present, and you uncover Heart-Mind.

But remember,...There is no Present in Time.

Thus, anything that arises within time, like "think, analyze and formulate", will be a distraction to accesses the Heart-Mind.

V

But remember,...There is no Present in Time.

V

Is there a Now in time? Or even a Now without time?

Is there a Now in time? Or even a Now without time?

There is no Now, Present, or Instant in Time,...you do not see the world that surrounds you, but the world that surrounded you. Honesty will set you free!

Use your dan-tian to think by non-thinking; not your heart-chakra.

This is the Way of the sage.

Edited by fizix

There is no Now, Present, or Instant in Time,...you do not see the world that surrounds you, but the world that surrounded you. Honesty will set you free!

What if I were to say there is no time, only now?

Use your dan-tian to think by non-thinking; not your heart-chakra.

This is the Way of the sage.

I think that is even after heart :P

The ego might attach and make it theirs.

Power . .

Edited by Informer

What if I were to say there is no time, only now?

That's a great insight,...but unfortunately, most will interpret that as the perceived now, the sentient now of objects, or "set" within which the illusion of duality moves.

Yes,...There is no Now, Instant, or Present in Time,...to think otherwise is on of the greatest tragedies obscuring our Heart-Minds.

"in the valley of the blind, the one-eyed person is treated for her illness"

V

Sign in to follow this