Sign in to follow this  
InfinityTruth

Green Tara Mantra - The Joy Mantra

Yes! Tara is really great. There are many stories with her and most of them have happened to ordinary humans like us. This is an experience of a poster on Dharmawheel:

I called out to Tara in a nightmare and a very tall lady appeared who had a big smile on her face; she radiated compassion and joy. She said "you call me, I come" very playfully. I have no doubt that it was Tara. She came with a big group of Buddhist monks who taught me about the importance of tenderness among other things. That was when I learned how important tenderness was, even though I had seen it exemplified by several Buddhist monks and the Dalai Lama, Karmapa, Thich Nhat Hanh, etc.

Not some great siddha, master or anything. Just a person that has connection to Tara.

Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche used to tell a story how Tara freed his sister from chinese prison. She prayed to Tara every day  and one day she was doing her work in the prison and just noticed that the entrance is not guarded and is actually opened wide. So she just walked out.

Garchen Rinpoche has many stories about how Tara saved his life. He once even felt her caressing his head as he fell asleep.

Ofc, it is best to be buddhist with having taken refuge and developing mahayana aspiration of bodhicitta as then one will really be like a child of a Tara but she is like a mother and has love/time for everyone. She has so many manifestations from the usuall 21 (there is a beautiful 21 verse praise to all of them and has so much blessing) to many others such as mother Mary in Christianity (word of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and Garchen Rinpoche, not mine). So, definitely great to connect with her as she leads from suffering to happiness and enlightenment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In addition to my post here is an english translation of the 21 praises:

Here is the tibetan one:

And here is my dear master Garchen Rinpoche chanting mantra of White Tara:

On 4/30/2020 at 1:57 PM, Vajra Fist said:

I sometimes struggle with social awkwardness and self esteem issues. The Tara mantra is supposed to make you fearless and it really helped me when I started a new job.

That is good to know and something I hope to remember. Thank you.

In the spiritual arena i've generally found that I am attracted to more fiery-serpentine deities like Kali, Pomba Gira, Freyja.....etc. That being said, Tara has some very beautiful Root/Crown energies going on that are quite soothing to me. Perhaps i will work with her in the future. ^_^

Edited by RiverSnake

33 minutes ago, RiverSnake said:

In the spiritual arena i've generally found that I am attracted to more fiery-serpentine deities like Kali, Pomba Gira, Freyja.....etc. That being said, Tara has some very beautiful Root/Crown energies going on that are quite soothing to me. Perhaps i will work with her in the future. ^_^

I've been doing a lot of experimentation with mantras this year since I stopped meditating (it was having too many adverse side effects). It seems lately I've been getting by far the most dramatic results from the Vajrapani mantra which I suppose would also qualify as a fiery type mantra. 

Thangka-Painting-of-Vajrapani.jpg

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RiverSnake said:

Om Vajrapani Hum......interesting mantra very cleansing for wrathful energies. 

Yes it seems to have very profound and immediate effects with me.

Another one that affects me very very profoundly is the Zhunti mantra.

downloadfile-1.jpg

Sign in to follow this