Oolong Rabbit

New Interview With Kostas Danaos

I don't question his authority as much as I do his writing ability; his book with John Chang was nothing less than an awkward read in many parts. He came across as a novice to me. I would never of guessed he wrote something of value previously.

And his absolute surprise at some things made me wonder if he studied martial arts in a vacuum somewhere. I could not figure out why he seemed so surprised and shocked; but I see that Chang seemed to have some of the same impressions.

Anyways, I like listening to the interview and I think he has grown since writing that book.

I don't question his authority as much as I do his writing ability; his book with John Chang was nothing less than an awkward read in many parts. He came across as a novice to me. I would never of guessed he wrote something of value previously.

And his absolute surprise at some things made me wonder if he studied martial arts in a vacuum somewhere. I could not figure out why he seemed so surprised and shocked; but I see that Chang seemed to have some of the same impressions.

Anyways, I like listening to the interview and I think he has grown since writing that book.

"Writing ability" "He came across as a novice to me"- why would you even care about writing style in this case? This book is more like a documentation of what his experience was and I couldn't care less if it was written in ebonics!!! Most Americans didn't even know that Indonesia is a country(most still don't,probably...) Kosta revolutionized the whole "Internal Arts" concept for the westerners. Just take the term neikung. Before Kosta everything was Qigong or Chi Kung etc and only rarely a few schools made the difference. Now everybody out of the blue is a neikung expert because it sounds more genuine or smth. How did that happen? If it wasn't for Kosta - westerners would still be masturbating following Mantak Chia's book and thinking they are being spiritual.......

"And his absolute surprise... made me wonder" - Please tell me how many people like Pak John have you met in your life? I guarantee you that NONE! Otherwise you wouldn't be talking like that and would show more respect.

Edited by orb

"Writing ability" "He came across as a novice to me"- why would you even care about writing style in this case? This book is more like a documentation of what his experience was and I couldn't care less if it was written in ebonics!!! Most Americans didn't even know that Indonesia is a country(most still don't,probably...) Kosta revolutionized the whole "Internal Arts" concept for the westerners. Just take the term neikung. Before Kosta everything was Qigong or Chi Kung etc and only rarely a few schools made the difference. Now everybody out of the blue is a neikung expert because it sounds more genuine or smth. How did that happen? If it wasn't for Kosta - westerners would still be masturbating following Mantak Chia's book and thinking they are being spiritual.......

"And his absolute surprise... made me wonder" - Please tell me how many people like Pak John have you met in your life? I guarantee you that NONE! Otherwise you wouldn't be talking like that and would show more respect.

I have read my whole life. I prefer books well written. That is my personal thing.

I really don't care what he *might* of revolutionized; I am not going to worship him as some might want. I don't really personally care what he did for westerners who were too stupid to get caught up in Chia-fantasy. But the fact is, I didn't knock him as much as his writing and naivety at FIRST meeting John. I said he has grown from that time. You've taken quite a bit out of context for some pep rally your planning in his name? I'll just continue to study under the two Qigong masters I have. When I see stuff like neikung interviews as links, I'll watch them; I said I liked his interview. I am just not *surprised* by it all.

Where is it said that a neikung master must be good at writing a book? Don't confuse issues or assume I am disrespecting what he knows, I am not talking about that. I shared a personal opinion which you don't have to agree with but don't think your going to get me to join your Kostas Club :lol:

I bet this thread is gonna be more then 100 posts! :lol:

Yeah, because Mopai is about normal persons with superpowers...and nothing influences people as much as suppressed cravings! Especially is that true for most people in this forum, hahaha! B)

• Like 2

John Chang's Master taught him to never keep things anyone would want, and he has like a 5 million dollar + house.

If anything it shows what he thinks about tradition.

I was asking how/why the colors of energy inside the ping pong ball were wrong in Kostas second book.

Edited by NeiChuan
  • Like 2

MPG, Neichuan (non members) Please dont hijack this thread. You two have caused enough trouble in your search for secret manuals and supernormal powers. Please go away and leave this discussion to the experts.

Edited by kho
  • Like 1

MPG, Neichuan (non members) Please dont hijack this thread. You two have caused enough trouble in your search for secret manuals and supernormal powers. Please go away and leave this discussion to the experts.

Whoaa whoooa whooa callllm down. Talk about self preservation here, you weren't even brought into the conversation and while we're having innocent talk you barge in protecting, and putting yourself on a high horse.

Shame on you kho

Edited by NeiChuan

Kostas arrogance during this interview is simply amazing. I think john made the right decision ousting these individuals. Even jim mcmillan had many years to come forward and help the people searching mopai on the forums. But he did not. He only come forward when his connection was cut off and was kicked out. If Jim truly wanted to spread mopai he would have done it years before.

I thought during the past 10 years in hiding Kostas would have come down to earth. Looks like he has only gotten worse. His fake and suprised reaction to sean denty proves that he still visits these forums all the time. The entire interview was complete crap & just a publicity stunt.

People dont care about stupid pamachon or how fabulous the greek culture is. The only reason people visit is to hear him talk about mopai and john chang.

Pamachon :lol:

• Like 2

It's nice to hear the video.

But like most other posters I was a bit disappointed that only a small part is about MoPai. But then the interviewing people seem to focus on WTSHTF and conspiracy theory stuff.

It would have been cool to hear more from Kosta on things like:

* Is he still doing some inner practice?

* Kosta often mentions ChenXiaoWang of Chen TaiChi and I think also WuTaiChi and their NeiGong practices. It would have been interesting to hear a comparison.

* Comparison between MP and well known yoga pranayama would have been good, too.

I was also a bit confused that he talked about MP at all after I read his 'Don't hit the snooze button' article, which he also mentioned. It seemed that he had closed the MP chapter totally and doesn't want to talk about it. I might have misunderstood it, though, and he only wanted to refer to his idea of presenting MP to the whole world.

Again it was interesting to hear that he said that MP is basically only for practising as a hermit.

From the interview I got the impression that Kosta is a very smart and also calmly thinking man.

• Like 1

I reckon before the interview he basically said he won't talk about certain things pertaining to Mo Pai because im suprised no one asked the questions that are on most peoples minds.

I too was disappointed when I heard those lame conspiracy questions and on Greek politics. Seriously what were they thinking asking him some of these questions - we want to hear about Nei kung, meditation, his experiences etc! You can ask the other crap to any expert in those fields, how often are you going to be able to question a student of John Chang??

Nevertheless there were some valuable parts so thanks for posting the link :).

• Like 1

Other then shame & sickness, a man does not go into hiding for 8 years for no reason.

Those conspiracy buffs asking the questions, would have been handpicked,screened,and then screened some more by kosta himself. I have not even heard of that group until this interview. The reason he chose them is very obvious. They knew nothing about anything and wouldnt pose a threat.

Why did he not come to a Legit taoist forum (where the big boys play) and announce he would be giving an interview ? Kosta would never hold a question & answer session here because he would be eaten alive.

I wonder, where exactly did we get this info that John kicked out all the westerners? From Jim? because I do not recall Kosta admitting being kicked out.. but sort of got implied anyway.

His "Don't hit the snooze button" article comes off to me as bitter. extremely bitter. He totally misses the point that people are some people are really ready to give up the mundane life in search of something higher, and instead tells us to participate in society etc. He's trying to convey a message of "fuck off Mo Pai is not a viable alternative anymore so all you leave me alone" and then PROCEEDS to post a picture of the greeks and John underneath. Not exactly the most coherent message. I think the man just genuinely wants to be left alone. Considering the fact that he'd never be like John, being reminded of it everyday by mopai wannabe's probably isn't a pleasant experience.

I also agree with an above poster. Kostas would not dare have people like us interview him because he would be picked limb from limb with nothing to hide. Nobody gives a shit about his little crappy martial art or his views on karma etc. In the interview were presented the lamest questions ever. Karma this karma that, stop jacking off people! Dumbest questions ever. What people really want to know is what happened with the mo pai.

Also, one must wonder what happened to Andreas as well. From my understanding he actually lived in Indo for quite awhile.

Kostas arrogance during this interview is simply amazing. I think john made the right decision ousting these individuals. Even jim mcmillan had many years to come forward and help the people searching mopai on the forums. But he did not. He only come forward when his connection was cut off and was kicked out. If Jim truly wanted to spread mopai he would have done it years before.

I thought during the past 10 years in hiding Kostas would have come down to earth. Looks like he has only gotten worse. His fake and suprised reaction to sean denty proves that he still visits these forums all the time. The entire interview was complete crap & just a publicity stunt.

People dont care about stupid pamachon or how fabulous the greek culture is. The only reason people visit is to hear him talk about mopai and john chang.

Pamachon :lol:

Are you Sean Denty ? :)

He totally misses the point that people are some people are really ready to give up the mundane life in search of something higher, and instead tells us to participate in society etc.

Kali Yuga, participation in society is the highest moral value a citizen can display to better his life and the lives of those around him, according to ancient Greek thought. Those who only cared about themselves were called "idiotes", the english word "idiot" came from this Greek word. Kostas being Greek it only reiterates that his experience with the neigong systems, martial arts, politics and life, confirms the wisdom of old.

I also agree with an above poster. Kostas would not dare have people like us interview him because he would be picked limb from limb with nothing to hide. Nobody gives a shit about his little crappy martial art or his views on karma etc. In the interview were presented the lamest questions ever. Karma this karma that, stop jacking off people! Dumbest questions ever. What people really want to know is what happened with the mo pai.

You read the "Stop hitting the snooze button" blog post, yet you are keep on hitting it! Kosta has absolutely no need to delve into the MoPai politics. Practitioners like you and others are desperate to learn about MoPai and your frustration of not getting the answers you want, makes you write on this thread.

In the interview Kosta clearly stated that he would not delve into MoPai politics or personal practice, not now not ever. Therefore, if you and others were to pick him "limb for limb", you wouldn't even have the chance to state your name to begin with. This kind of interview simply won't happen. EVER. Furthermore, he also states that he's not an expert in Karma and that his knowledge is very limited.

Since you don't know Kosta as a martial artist and you are blissfully unaware of the martial tradition of the Mediterranean you clearly have no idea about what you are talking about, when you commend about Pammachon.

• Like 1

Kali Yuga, participation in society is the highest moral value a citizen can display to better his life and the lives of those around him, according to ancient Greek thought. Those who only cared about themselves were called "idiotes", the english word "idiot" came from this Greek word. Kostas being Greek it only reiterates that his experience with the neigong systems, martial arts, politics and life, confirms the wisdom of old.

You read the "Stop hitting the snooze button" blog post, yet you are keep on hitting it! Kosta has absolutely no need to delve into the MoPai politics. Practitioners like you and others are desperate to learn about MoPai and your frustration of not getting the answers you want, makes you write on this thread.

In the interview Kosta clearly stated that he would not delve into MoPai politics or personal practice, not now not ever. Therefore, if you and others were to pick him "limb for limb", you wouldn't even have the chance to state your name to begin with. This kind of interview simply won't happen. EVER. Furthermore, he also states that he's not an expert in Karma and that his knowledge is very limited.

Since you don't know Kosta as a martial artist and you are blissfully unaware of the martial tradition of the Mediterranean you clearly have no idea about what you are talking about, when you commend about Pammachon.

You no longer have the monopoly on this training. We dont need koasta to "delve into MoPai politics or personal practice" We only wanted to hear a few stories.

Everybody knows the way to level 2 now and some know further. This is 2011 not 2002 and many things have changed. Jim Mcmillan in his interview said there will a book released explaining all the levels.

Game Over . . .

You no longer have the monopoly on this training. We dont need koasta to "delve into MoPai politics or personal practice" We only wanted to hear a few stories.

Everybody knows the way to level 2 now and some know further. This is 2011 not 2002 and many things have changed. Jim Mcmillan in his interview said there will a book released explaining all the levels.

Game Over . . .

Do you really know what mopai or other daoist systems say/tell? The wording of your phrase makes it seem that 'mopai' is the end all that be all, and the fact you attack Kosta is really troubling. Not only that, its been reported that Jim has been kicked out of John Changs school, for fear of this. Fanatics who would push things and try to use things for not so good. Flaming Kosta on his words/ideas isnt a mopai thing. If you just want to cultivate, do not bring taoism into it, ideology is the premise of many systems, not just 'get more energy.' If you read Jim's manuscript, you would have got a feeling that Jim had resentment towards Mopai, much like what you wrote so far.

Its a dangerous path and with a bad mindset, it will lead to more dangers. Doing things finding via 'internet' will not lead to a prosperous thing, moreso, it will lead to more yearning and disappointment.

Other then shame & sickness, a man does not go into hiding for 8 years for no reason.

Kostas wasn't hiding. He was doing a lot beside his family life and work. For example he came to Switzerland twice. He hold closed door seminars with around 10 people. We did grappling, looked into knife defense and other importand subjects. In my experience he always stayed in touch with his friends, but opposite to some of you he has a job and a family... that's a part of something bigger, the so called a real life.

His fake and suprised reaction to sean denty proves that he still visits these forums all the time.

And he certainly does not read this forum.

all presumptions and assertions... Becker is the only one in this thread who's really telling you something of value.

Edited by Kronos

A closed door seminar in switzerland :lol: Again if its not Mo-Pai related i have no interest in anything kosta is offering.

Years back There used to be a jimi hendrix impersonator named randy hanson. He even wore an afro wig and played note for note all the signature tunes. One night on stage however he tore off the wig and told the fans he was sick of being a wind-me-up jimi doll and started playing his own music, being himself.

Sadly the people didnt want to hear randy hansons music, they only wanted to hear jimi's.

Its the same here with kosta.

The only thing which gave him fame was his association with mopai. I cant see many people being interested in pamachon,knife disarms and self defence techniques you can learn anywhere online.

• Like 2

A closed door seminar in switzerland :lol: Again if its not Mo-Pai related i have no interest in anything kosta is offering.

Years back There used to be a jimi hendrix impersonator named randy hanson. He even wore an afro wig and played note for note all the signature tunes. One night on stage however he tore off the wig and told the fans he was sick of being a wind-me-up jimi doll and started playing his own music, being himself.

Sadly the people didnt want to hear randy hansons music, they only wanted to hear jimi's.

Its the same here with kosta.

The only thing which gave him fame was his association with mopai. I cant see many people being interested in pamachon,knife disarms and self defence techniques you can learn anywhere online.

I just don't get it. What exactly did Kosta do to you? I've never met the guy and I am not asociated with any of his followers. All I know about him is from his books and his inverview. I am pretty certain your experience is very similar to mine so my question again: What did he do to you or if you hate him so much why even bother writing in this thread?