tulku

is Kunlun considered to be a Yin Microcosmic Kundalini style?

There were a few people in here who once mentioned that Max' Kunlun is considered to be a Yin style compared to the Yang Style advocated by Mantak Chia.

A question here. I have the Kunlun book. If I do Max's exercises especially exercise 1 by running the yin energy from the ground to my head through my front channel, that would be enough to counteract any excess yang energy I have, right?

Alright, let's not even go into names or lineages here.

Is running energy from the ground up through the front channel and back down the back channel a valid way of running yin energy?

energy from the 'ground" or sky suggests ions or chi.

Yin and Yang referred to in alchemy may be traversing

channels not in the body

Tulku,

Don't do that. Follow the instructions in the book and see if the practice gives you good effects.

Tulku,

Don't do that. Follow the instructions in the book and see if the practice gives you good effects.

The book seems to be giving me the exact instuctions stated in post number one in this thread.

Anyway, practitioners from other lineages are welcome to give their input too. How do you run yin energy through your microcosmic orbit?

Guys please give me a straight answer here. Is running your energy through the front orbit a valid way of gathering more yin energy in your being?

Cheers.

Ok it states here that ..

http://creativeqigong.blogspot.com/2010/02/meditation-on-microcosmic-orbit.html

What is the microcosmic orbit?

The microcosmic orbit in Qi Gong refers to the energy circuit composed of the major yang channel and the major yin channel or energy meridian in the human body.

The major yang channel runs from the perineum (the central point between the middle of the legs) up toward the coxyx/base of the spine. From the coxyx it runs up the spine and enters the skull at the base of the neck, continuing up the back of the skull to the crown of the head.

The major yin channel of the body runs from the crown of the head down the middle of the front of the face to the palette, and then from the tongue down the front of the neck, chest and abdomen down into the sexual organs. Finally it runs from the sexual organs to the perineum.

So, the yang channel runs up the back of the body, and the yin channel runs down the front of the body, connecting with each other at the crown and the perineum to form a loop or circuit of energy. This is why it is called the “orbit'', it is the major circuit of energy found within the human body,

Do any of you guys run the microcosmic orbit up the front channel and down the back channel and what are the effects, long-term, short-term or otherwise?

Edited by tulku

No, if/when I "run" it it goes up the back and down the front. When I started, it was running 'by itself' the other way. I can't comment on whether that was a "good" thing or not. It's like changing your breathing patterns. Is it a "good" thing to breathe high in the chest if that's what you're doing?

For me, if I bring awareness to front I feel things like love , fire and water, but If I am channeling celestial chi (with awareness at third eye or upper Dan Tien) it comes down my spine most prominently, but I feel it everywhere. It can be guided to other channels and locations outside of the channels, like to my hands or where-ever. The same with fire and love.

If I just let the celestial chi flow it goes out my feet.

Tulku,

The book seems to be giving me the exact instuctions stated in post number one in this thread.

There is no part in the instructions which tells a person to run energy from the ground up to their head through the front channel, during kunlun level one practice.

Tulku,

There is no part in the instructions which tells a person to run energy from the ground up to their head through the front channel, during kunlun level one practice.

Thats my recollection too. Kunlun 1 is pretty simple. Relax the body, hold the position, do the cool down/sit quietly afterwards. Thats about it, no philosophy needed.

Though I thinks its more a 'water' method then most.

The picture looks like the way I "do" it (whatever 'it' is) these days. Both directions = spirals.

every observable level of practice is about mixing whatever appear to be

polarity. If you think about it 'belt' describes something that holds-in and if there

is something in, there must also be something out. This level is about mixing just the same way as the KL mudra does. The essential effect of mixing fire and water (solvency) aids to decrease resistance and increase permeability.

"veils" fall to release consciousness trapped within the level of matter that formed

them.

• Like 1

I first heard of Kunlun on this forum. Based on older posts archived (lots and lots of them), there seem to be different perspectives:

- You just need the book, and can learn from it.

- You just need one seminar with the Master Teacher and then you practice on your own

- There are more seminars and levels.

I can't find the book anymore so I hunted down a facilitator in Europe and took a class from him. He taught me Kunlun exercise Level 1 and Red Phoenix Level 1.

But he tells me there are more levels, of Kunlun and Red Phoenix and other practices (Golden Dragon I think?) which are advanced. When I inquired if these levels are necessary, if they are part of a bigger, complete system, I did not get clear answers. So what really comprises of this Kulun system? Just a ball posture and Red Phoenix 1? Are other levels optional? Is there any write up on what each level is supposed to accomplish? Does anyone here use Kunlun as their primary spiritual practice?

My background is Vajrayana Buddhism where right-view always accompanies right practice and theoretical/intellectual understanding are as important as the practice. I was told not to worry about what and how but simply let go. I would still like to learn more about this system in terms of what each level accomplishes etc. Any pointers or links?

The Kunlun system as it's core has two main practices: Red Phoenix and Kunlun. These are both very simple and easy to learn. What really gets the path going though is direct study with the teacher. My understanding is you need to see Max once then your all set. Personally, I saw him more then once and found that was also beneficial. He is a fun teacher and always amazing to be around:)

• Like 2

Caaaam! Always good to see you man!

I'd be curious to see how other people's progress has been having learned rp, but not from Max. Just for curiosity's sake :lol:

Guys please give me a straight answer here. Is running your energy through the front orbit a valid way of gathering more yin energy in your being?

Cheers.

tulku...

If you want to learn Chi Kung, learn to breathe.

every observable level of practice is about mixing whatever appear to be

polarity. If you think about it 'belt' describes something that holds-in and if there

is something in, there must also be something out. This level is about mixing just the same way as the KL mudra does. The essential effect of mixing fire and water (solvency) aids to decrease resistance and increase permeability.

"veils" fall to release consciousness trapped within the level of matter that formed

them.

Why is it that some buddhist seem to be only yin to me? I thought buddha was teaching both?

Edited by Informer

The Kunlun system as it's core has two main practices: Red Phoenix and Kunlun. These are both very simple and easy to learn. What really gets the path going though is direct study with the teacher. My understanding is you need to see Max once then your all set. Personally, I saw him more then once and found that was also beneficial. He is a fun teacher and always amazing to be around:)

Does anyone have a copy of the Kunlun book that they'd be willing to part with? I'd be more than happy to purchase it.