Sign in to follow this  
tulku

Does the reincarnated Lao Tzu or Lord Buddha need an energy transmission?

If Lao Tzu, Shakayumi Buddha or Padmasambhava gets reborn again in this lifetime, do they still need energy transmissions to re-learn the path of Enlightenment?

Well I will say "Yes" for fun, because "No" is just as relevant.

:D

Well I need some serious feedback.

Seems to me like a question that no one could answer with certainty.

Why is that?

All the answers that could be offered would be based on opinion. How could you define the truth out of different versions of answers?

Probably for the sake of others, and for something to do with the body. Supposedly enlightenment cannot fully manifest until after puberty as well.

Then how much energy transmissions are sufficent to push such a unique individual to reach enlightenment?

I ask this because I have seen tibetan buddhism practitioners seeking countless transmissions and enpowerments.

My understanding is that because the tibetan masters see all seekers as noobs to tibetan buddhism, this is why they instruct all practitioners to receive certain empowerments/transmissions before practicing a specific tantra or spiritual disciplines.

Otherwise, the under-enpowered practitioner might lack the neccessary energy to practice high-level exercises.

But if the reincarnated LaoTzu/Buddha with the Universal Lord of Primordial Beginning attached to him, is to practice certain tantras or spiritual disciplines in Tibetan Buddhism, Daoism and other spiritual paths, does such an unique individual need empowerment or transmissions before practicing?

It would seem to be that the energy required to practice such tantras/disciplines/exercises is already present in said individual's soul/being.

If Lao Tzu, Shakayumi Buddha or Padmasambhava gets reborn again in this lifetime, do they still need energy transmissions to re-learn the path of Enlightenment?

Well, if they've achieved nirvana and escaped the cycle of death and rebirth...then why would they still even reincarnate to begin with?

The Buddha concludes this discourse with the words: "This is my last birth. Now there is no more rebirth."

• Like 1

I agree with vortex. Question begs itself, makes no sense.It's like asking "what if the night was dark?"

meh.

There is no indication that "Lao Tzu, Shakayumi Buddha or Padmasambhava" will return to this plane of consciousness,...however, Shakyamuni suggested that Maitreya would appear before the last of The Five Disappearances. Maitreya, the Future Buddha, it is said, will be of the Red Hat sect, and will renounce the world and realize her enlightenment in a single day; although she will likely be born a male.

History suggests that Maitreya, like the male Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara, who became Kuan Yin, will be transgender. It doesn't matter how Avalokitesvara, "The on-looking Lord," and Dhyani Bodhisattva of Amitabha Buddha," was transformed into Kuan Yin,...the fact is he was, and he is as the templete of Maitreya.

Because of the difference in the evolutionary stage of the human beings from the time of Shakyamuni, Maitreya is said to point the way for a thousand to awaken to Buddhic consciousness.

v

But if the reincarnated LaoTzu/Buddha with the Universal Lord of Primordial Beginning attached to him, is to practice certain tantras or spiritual disciplines in Tibetan Buddhism, Daoism and other spiritual paths, does such an unique individual need empowerment or transmissions before practicing?

If,...LOL,...one of Buddhas Bodhisattvas,...Avalokiteshvara, Manjushri, Samantabhadra, etc., were to reincarnate and walk into a Dzogchen, Shambhala, Gelug, Theraveda, etc Lineage organization, they would most likely have to follow the standard requirenments of level advancements,...but never be allowed to be higher than the teachers of the levels they were on,...and certainly not higher than the Lineage holder.

In addition,...I'd suggest that they would quickly be unwelcomed if they attempted to explain anything to anyone,...because people don't want to know what they consider meaningful may actually be meaningless.

V

Well, if they've achieved nirvana and escaped the cycle of death and rebirth...then why would they still even reincarnate to begin with?

The Buddha concludes this discourse with the words: "This is my last birth. Now there is no more rebirth."

Padmasambhava was rumoured to be another incarnation of Shakyayumi Buddha.

Emanations of enlightened masters are different from layman incarnations.

My question would be the same, does an emanation still require energy transmissions?

Padmasambhava was rumoured to be another incarnation of Shakyayumi Buddha.

Emanations of enlightened masters are different from layman incarnations.

My question would be the same, does an emanation still require energy transmissions?

There are mixed historical views on this. The Karmapa is an emination of Avalokiteshvara. In his first lifetime as the Karmapa (before that became his name), he learned from Rechungpa and Gampopa. Gampopa said that the Karmapa (with his name before that) was just pretending to be his student so he could hold the lineage, that he had already had a *certain level of attainment (*i do not remember how this level was named or described)(1). Yet there is also a distinct moment in the lifetime of the first Karmapa that he attained enlightenment, whereupon the Dakinis came down and wove him a Black Hat out of their hair (2).

I hope i did not unnecessarily confuse a clear historical account.

Also, each time a Rinpoche is reincarnated they seek empowerments and transmissions so they can again realize, to "make" the real be real for them. They still have a human body-mind.

You seem to understand they would want or need to do practices, which implies an already-imperfect or potentially corruptible body-mind for them, so it is subject to conditions, thus empowerments and transmissions, or teachings, could be useful. Vajrahridaya's point about puberty is good too, i think. Would like to know the source of that.

AR

(1) A Youtube video

(2) The Life of Gampopa 2nd. Edition, Jampa Mackenzie Stewart

No one needs an energy transmission. They can find it no doubt. It isn't so complicated as people make it.

Anyway, the main topic of this thread is not about reincarnations or emantions. It is if such a high-level soul needs transmissions from human masters especially if spiritual masters are able to give him energetic transmissions in dreams.

It doesn't matter if your mind stream beyond body is bliss upon bliss in insight, as you are still born with a physical brain that needs to be molded by the proper physiological conditions in order to manifest that potential in this reality.

Only Master Li Hongzhi could possibly possess the power to provide an energetic transmission to these Avatars! ;)

• Like 1

No one needs an energy transmission. They can find it no doubt. It isn't so complicated as people make it.

I agree, but if you've never had an energy transmission it's IME worth doing if only for the sheer inexplicable-ness of the experience. I still can't explain it and I'd very much like to be able to on grounds that won't have people looking at me like I'm a nutter. I mean we can explain lasers, right? Bacteria. Snow and earthquakes...then why not energy transmissions? Or is it another thing that we're going to shy away from because it's a bit complicated and immaterial-like and we don't have the equipment? If we can put people on the moon and into space, can't we explain this stuff?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this