DalTheJigsaw123

Has Anyone Seen "Ancient Aliens." On History Channel?

history channel is controlled....stay clear.

for the latest intelligent offering in this genre - check this out - super thought provoking and stays in factual realms.

part1

for the latest intelligent offering in this genre - check this out - super thought provoking and stays in factual realms.

part1

Awesome! Thanks!!!

part1

Regretfully even this one has stepped over the line of "fact" a few times.

I do not deny the probability of life forms on other planets. However, there are no "facts" indicating that other intelligent life forms have ever visited this planet.

Once again, buyer beware.

Regretfully even this one has stepped over the line of "fact" a few times.

I do not deny the probability of life forms on other planets. However, there are no "facts" indicating that other intelligent life forms have ever visited this planet.

Once again, buyer beware.

Unless the facts have been hidden from popular consumption.

Uh oh... I hear a conspiracy theory argument coming on!! :lol:

Dude I feel you man... it's good to be skeptical. Just be skeptical about your skepticism as well. The uber wealthy and uber powerful have always conspired in ways to keep their uber power and wealth. These day's, the uber powerful have more in their hands to manipulate and hide information due to all this goody fun technology we all enjoy playing with!! Also the knowledge of history concerning lessons given by those that failed in the past to keep their positions of power and information hiding. Basically, the really wealthy and powerful are smarter and have more at their disposal than ever before, both knowledge, lessons learned from history and really high breeding. Sadly, many lack the compassion bone though. :(

• Like 2

My anthropology professor would constantly talk about how dominant discourses in society shaped the way we view "facts".

On top of that, we have very few "facts" about many ancient societies. For instance, he talked about Mayan culture, and how many Mayan temples and cities were still in the jungle, hardly ever explored. We know they are there- pilots fly planes over them all the time. But nobody makes the trek out into the middle of nowhere to excavate these things.

On top of that, Spanish conquerors came in and wiped out any traces of indigenous "heathen" culture- burning all texts they could find and destroying any remnants of the old culture they could find.

He made this analogy- imagine every piece of paper in New York city was burned, it was left alone for hundreds or thousands of years, nature was in the middle of reclaiming it, and a culture from half a planet away, hundreds of years later, with little to no cultural or linguistic relation to us discovered the remnants of New York city, and tried to determine our culture based on the buildings, graffiti, and whatever other physical evidence they could find.

There are HUNDREDS of ways to interpret that scant amount of information, constructing a view our society which would be, largely, wrong, but would be 100% according to the "facts" that were discovered.

The ancient alien astronauts theory is, I think, interesting, if only because it is fun to think about. Really, given our facts, it's only more "far fetched" because our present society thinks the subjects of UFO's to be far fetched. We have interpreted what we know of some of those older cultures based on what we have.

So take Stonehenge. One of my astronomy professors did a lot of research into Stonehenge, and found that it had developed over the years as an incredibly accurate calender device to predict when to start the planting and harvesting seasons- vital to the survival of those ancient peoples'.

"Modern" European culture discovers this, and goes "wow, a big monument, what could it be? Why would they build a monument? Well we build monuments to religious deities, they must have done the same, but it's not like ours, so it must be part of some dark heathen rituals". And then everybody starts freaking about about who built it and how it got there.

But if you separate yourself from your culture, and put yourself into the thought process of an ancient farmer- farming is important, it is the center of your society and is the center of your life, so of course you're going to put your resources into something that will help you continue to be prosperous.

So, we have scant few "facts". A piece of writing here. An eyewitness story there. "Lights in the sky". That could be ANYTHING. I mean, think of all the natural reasons there could be lights in the sky- there are some very rare, physical phenomena which only occur every once in a while and are only witnessed by scant few. Until we had means of recording and replaying things, people who were eyewitness to these things were on their own. "Oh sure, you saw lights in the sky, pics or it didn't happen, joke's on you, we haven't invented the camera yet, loser".

Then add in all the man-made reasons you might see lights in the sky.

Then imagine what someone whose technology includes the wheel, the lever, and a sharp rock would think if they saw something, or someone, fly in the air. One episode talked about "angels", and how while in art angels are depicted with wings, they aren't really described as having wings.

One person said "well think about it- you're an ancient, and you see somebody fly. What is the only thing you know of that can fly? A bird. The only means of flight you know of are wings. So naturally that person has the power of wings, even though you don't see it."

Anyway, I think it is interesting to think about. We don't have enough "facts" to say completely one way or the other. We have several intermittent facts. How those facts get connected is largely based on the person connecting them.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 2

Unless the facts have been hidden from popular consumption.

Uh oh... I hear a conspiracy theory argument coming on!! :lol:

Dude I feel you man... it's good to be skeptical. Just be skeptical about your skepticism as well. The uber wealthy and uber powerful have always conspired in ways to keep their uber power and wealth. These day's, the uber powerful have more in their hands to manipulate and hide information due to all this goody fun technology we all enjoy playing with!! Also the knowledge of history concerning lessons given by those that failed in the past to keep their positions of power and information hiding. Basically, the really wealthy and powerful are smarter and have more at their disposal than ever before, both knowledge, lessons learned from history and really high breeding. Sadly, many lack the compassion bone though. :(

Yep. I am aware of all those considerations you mentioned as well as many more. I do try my best to keep an open mind but I will not allow anyone to put any trash in it. That had been done for far too many years and it has been one hellofa task getting rid of most of it. Yes, it is still a work-in-progress.

And I do pay attention to patterns in history. The biggest challenge there is finding the history that has not been polluted by governments and the wealthy.

Then again, that could just be imaginative thinking. :lol:

Hehehe.

You do a lot of that, don't you?

Sorry, but you left the door open for me.

How those facts get connected is largely based on the person connecting them.

Well, I will totally agree with that statement.

My anthropology professor would constantly talk about how dominant discourses in society shaped the way we view "facts".

Anyway, I think it is interesting to think about. We don't have enough "facts" to say completely one way or the other. We have sever intermittent facts. How those facts get connected is largely based on the person connecting them.

Great post Sloppy!

Hehehe.

You do a lot of that, don't you?

Sorry, but you left the door open for me.

Yes, but I don't confuse imaginations in my head with insight of what's beyond my head, read through my head. :P

Yes, but I don't confuse imaginations in my head with insight of what's beyond my head, read through my head. :P

I figured you would present some form of defense. Hehehe. Just your style.

I figured you would present some form of defense. Hehehe. Just your style.

This is your defense MH. I was just playing around. But... alas.

I have recognition of your immobility to explore further than the "known" comfort zones you treasure as self, because, "science" hasn't proven it yet.

I'm glad yogi's don't limit their perception of reality to "science".

Then add in all the man-made reasons you might see lights in the sky.

It's pretty funny how common it actually is to see unexplainable lights in the sky. I've known quite a few people who said that some night they saw lights moving in unnatural ways...either too fast for man made aircraft, or doing maneuvers which are impossible.

But the phenomena is easily forgotten when you have no means to figure it out...

I saw it a few times, myself, while having beers on a porch with a bunch of friends. I pointed it out and we all saw lights moving in ways that couldn't be explained in any manmade or natural way. We could have easily filmed it or something, but it isn't proof of anything necessarily...and the video would have been crappy and shaky.

My friends, and myself I guess, didn't particularly care about it. It's not proof of aliens...it's just unidentified flying objects. People whom we told said it was probably satellites reflecting light or something...which I doubt completely. It can be hard for us to focus on the fact that:

we

don't

know!

Yeah, I watch Ancient Aliens sometimes. It's definitely not my favorite show concerning this subject, but some of the episodes are pretty decent. My favorites were the Underwater Alien Episode, and Underground Alien episode.

It's pretty funny how common it actually is to see unexplainable lights in the sky. I've known quite a few people who said that some night they saw lights moving in unnatural ways...either too fast for man made aircraft, or doing maneuvers which are impossible.

Yeah, my family and I are some of those people. The only odd thing about what we saw (other than the actual unidentified things) was that the sightings we had were all within a couple of weeks of each other and in the same places with similar characteristics.

We could have easily filmed it or something, but it isn't proof of anything necessarily...and the video would have been crappy and shaky.

I felt the same way. I could have gotten video, but it wouldn't prove or explain anything.

As for all of these alien and 2012 shows on History Channel, it is really bugging me. I can't really pinpoint why... maybe it's a couple of reasons. One of those reasons is that I wonder why the media is spending so much time on the hype, considering all the other out there conspiracies that could be latched onto. It makes me feel that if some entity, like a government or terrorists or some other organization wanted to, they could use the hype as an excuse to cause mass panic on some scale, to guide toward some new idea or legislation (world government, etc). Another reason is the possibility that the media is trying to prepare our subconscious to accept some crazy things that might happen, which could turn out entirely orchestrated or devastating.

It reminds me of how, just a few days before swine flu broke out, History Channel was concentrating on plagues and outbreaks in a series of shows.

• Like 1

Well, History channel needs to make money...so they are just playing what people tend to watch. If they played shows about real history, it'd be extremely boring and no one would watch. :lol:

• Like 1

This is your defense MH. I was just playing around. But... alas.

I have recognition of your immobility to explore further than the "known" comfort zones you treasure as self, because, "science" hasn't proven it yet.

I'm glad yogi's don't limit their perception of reality to "science".

I was playing around too. Didn't you see my "Hehehe"?

My immobility? I am immobile because I don't speak of flying around on could nine? That I don't have recall of a prior life? That I don't accept everything that Immortal presents here on this board? That I don't accept everything that you present here?

I just happen to be very mobile. I just don't move the way you do. That doesn't make it wrong - it only makes it different.

And beside, why would I want to waste my time wondering about impossible things when there is plenty for me to concern myself with in this manfest reality that I am experiencing?

The yogis? I have out-lived most of them and I am likely in better health tham most of them at this very moment. Perhaps if they spent more time concerning themselves with their physical reality they would live a bit longer.

Oh, I love disagreeing with you. It tickles my funny-bone.

It's almost time to feed my fish. That's reality. I just can't sit here and pretend that they are able to find their own food and feed themselves.

I actually saw a flying saucer once. My ex-wife threw it at me. Good thing I was paying attention and not off in some faeryland. I dodged the saucer and it broke on the floor. And she had to clean up the mess.

• Like 1

But the phenomena is easily forgotten when you have no means to figure it out...

I saw it a few times, myself, while having beers on a porch with a bunch of friends. I pointed it out and we all saw lights moving in ways that couldn't be explained in any manmade or natural way. We could have easily filmed it or something, but it isn't proof of anything necessarily...and the video would have been crappy and shaky.

My friends, and myself I guess, didn't particularly care about it. It's not proof of aliens...it's just unidentified flying objects. People whom we told said it was probably satellites reflecting light or something...which I doubt completely. It can be hard for us to focus on the fact that:

we

don't

know!

Scotty. Those are called 'floaters' and they are in our eyes. Yes, we are seeing them but they are not what we imagine them to be.

I will agree. We do not know. But we can believe whatever we want to.

Well, History channel needs to make money...so they are just playing what people tend to watch. If they played shows about real history, it'd be extremely boring and no one would watch. :lol:

You got one point (that's all I could give you) for that post.

I was playing around too. Didn't you see my "Hehehe"?

My immobility? I am immobile because I don't speak of flying around on could nine? That I don't have recall of a prior life? That I don't accept everything that Immortal presents here on this board? That I don't accept everything that you present here?

I just happen to be very mobile. I just don't move the way you do. That doesn't make it wrong - it only makes it different.

And beside, why would I want to waste my time wondering about impossible things when there is plenty for me to concern myself with in this manfest reality that I am experiencing?

Uh oh... :blush:

The yogis? I have out-lived most of them and I am likely in better health tham most of them at this very moment. Perhaps if they spent more time concerning themselves with their physical reality they would live a bit longer.

Well, that's not true. Plenty of yogi's live quite a very long time as they do physical yogas, eat right, etc. I also meant in my mind when I said that, Taoist yogi's/cultivators too. ^_^

Oh, I love disagreeing with you. It tickles my funny-bone.

It's almost time to feed my fish. That's reality. I just can't sit here and pretend that they are able to find their own food and feed themselves.

I actually saw a flying saucer once. My ex-wife threw it at me. Good thing I was paying attention and not off in some faeryland. I dodged the saucer and it broke on the floor. And she had to clean up the mess.

:lol: Good thing she's your Ex! :wub: You are always fun MH!

I'm just pushing you around. It's always healthy to raise the blood pressure a bit here and there. :wub: