Sign in to follow this  
little

Charisma & Women

If a person has real charisma it should affect a lot people. Chi, shen, chakras, the aura, energy channels and what one radiates should play a great role for this.

One of the best areas to find charismatic people seems to be the movie branche as it is one of the qualities that would help greatly to be sucessfull. Now whats strange: I can easily name a handfull of men that from my impression are partially sucessful in the movie branche because of their charisma. But I have a hard time with women.

Not sure if I'm biased but any ideas, similar or different impressions? Examples for charismatic women in movies?

My best explanation so far is that women are casted mainly for their appearance. But there should be at least some with charisma+look and the appearance of men counts also just not so strong.

There are people we like before we even get to know them because their personality and joy just explodes out from them.

When I think charisma, I think George Clooney's poise and charm, and Julia Roberts smile ala 'Pretty Woman' era Julia Roberts.

When I think presence, I think of Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freedman, and Daniel Craig.

Joy + Confidence + Fire = Boom!

If a person has real charisma it should affect a lot people. Chi, shen, chakras, the aura, energy channels and what one radiates should play a great role for this.

My best explanation so far is that women are casted mainly for their appearance. But there should be at least some with charisma+look and the appearance of men counts also just not so strong.

How many women with, as you say, "real charisma" would be actors? So, using Film Folk for the discussion depends as you said, what was the film cast for. Films like Under the Tuscan Sun, What a Girl Wants, the Good Witch, etc., are positive leading roles.

But what is "real charisma?"

In 'Practical Work on Self' by EJ Gold, he writes:

"Real emotions are communicated by outward radiation of the mood, and originate through an awakened emotional center, which has no reverberational effects in other parts of the body, and is not necessary to verbally communicate the emotion.

Positive and negative emotion are subjective mental states occuring in reflex, and must be verbalized and elaborately described, explained, rationalized and mentally communicated and understood.

Those who can produce real emotions in themselves never communicate about emotional states in mental language; they just radiate the emotions, allowing the emotion to speak for itself.

In the presence of someone who is able to produce real emotion, we experience feelings - perhaps for the first time. Very often, someone who has awakened the higher Emotional Body and who has learned to radiate emotions becomes a celebrity-guru, and people gather like cattle to bathe in the higher emotions. These higher emotions are often mistaken for some mysterious cosmic force or interpreted in some pseudo-religious way, but really they are just emotions.

What a pity that human beings are so unaccustomed to emotion that they feel compelled to submissively huddle together in the warmth of the emotional radiation of someone just as mechanical as they are, but who happened to have activated, by accident, the higher Emotional Body."

In film I think they call it "screen pressence". Uma Thurman's got it! Of couse her father is a scholar of Tibetan Buddhism, hence her name :)

For Uma Thurman I had always the impression that a little bit is missing or that she lacks in confidence. Don't know why.

But she counts.

When I think charisma, I think George Clooney's poise and charm, and Julia Roberts smile ala 'Pretty Woman' era Julia Roberts.

When I think presence, I think of Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freedman, and Daniel Craig.

Joy + Confidence + Fire = Boom!

Yes, lots of men and still far less woman.

I wonder if this is mainly from the actor selection process of hollywood or if this is a general tendency.

How many women with, as you say, "real charisma" would be actors? So, using Film Folk for the discussion depends as you said, what was the film cast for. Films like Under the Tuscan Sun, What a Girl Wants, the Good Witch, etc., are positive leading roles.

The general premise I use here is that people with great charisma will have better chances being sucessfull over a longer period/with multiple movies. For all the actors there is a selection process -> as long as there are enough actors to choose from we should see some with the top characteristics.

But what is "real charisma?"

With "real charisma" I was refering to a person that affects people because of their energies, aura, presence and such.

The alternative would be someone that is charismatic in the way they behave or talks to you.

I don't see a difference between famous men and women in having charisma.

Imho they have a different kind of charisma.

My question was mainly if I'm just not aware of the charismatic women or if there are much more charismatic men standing out in the movie branche.

Could it be that men have to develope different chakras/channels stronger vs women to appear more charismatic?

Charismatic actresses? Here are 10 to start anyone's list. :)

{Perhaps some have clearer channels than others. ;))

Thanks.

I'm probably to young for the black & white ones as I don't know most of them. But I have added some of the others to my list. :)

Let's not forget that even "ancient" acting/production dynasties reaching as far back as silent, colorless films have impacts on the industry today.

Famous actors get their "breaks" because a relative was a famous actor, director, producer, etc, and get them in the door at an early age.

They receive the proper training and education from a young, impressionable age. They have the financing to keep trying even after many failed attempts, and they have the connections to know which events to attend, which things to audition for, and where.

They have professional stylists, photographers make up artists, and posture coaches to make sure they can cultivate the right "look". Ever hear the phrase "be sure to get my good side"? Yeah, that's based in a very real practice of finding out what angles look best on you, and striking a certain pose every time someone wants to shoot a photo of you.

So, hey, not to say that there aren't people out there getting breaks, having genuine talent, and doing good work. But it's always interesting to hear a tabloid news story, where you hear "famous actor/actress, relative of famous-movie-person, did yadda yadda".

Not really.

Actresses are usually attractive, but if it were just about looks for them they would all be beauty queens/p0rn stars/strippers. It takes a lot more than just a pretty face to get cast on the silver screen!

I mean, I see better-looking chicks than Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock & Meryl Streep (all A-list actresses) in any given day at Walmart!

Usually, women can skate by on their looks up to maybe daytime TV (soap actresses are usually better-looking on average than movie actresses). To really make it big though, you do need that "X-factor"...

With "real charisma" I was refering to a person that affects people because of their energies, aura, presence and such. The alternative would be someone that is charismatic in the way they behave or talks to you.

So you're talking about sex appeal, facial symmetry, self-confidence,....more subjective characteristics,...my post above was bringing up a different type of charisma; the kind from fully open chakras, flowing chi that radiate the mood of real emotions.

V

So you're talking about sex appeal, facial symmetry, self-confidence,....more subjective characteristics,...my post above was bringing up a different type of charisma; the kind from fully open chakras, flowing chi that radiate the mood of real emotions.

V

Charisma can have a connection to sex appeal but the one I'm refering to doesn't have a connection to facial symmetry. A strong self confidence is from my understanding also connected to certain chakras.

The problem with real emotions is that its the job of the actor to do as if which would make it hard to decide how real the emotions are.

Forest Whittaker is imho a example for a person with real charisma that doesnt have the perfect facial symmetry.

You could also execute charisma, top class charisma, if you knew how to use all your three bodies. Gross, subtle and causal. They say actors do that naturally (use their three bodies) without consciously knowing how to do it (I think I read this bit somewhere). Off course people who meditate begin to execute a lot of charisma too. Women tend to glow.

Sign in to follow this