Umezuke

Unbearable bliss as a result of bouncing my legs

Alright, this is a strange one I guess.

When I was younger I was always interested in that weird sensation you get just after shaking a limb (say, your arm) like a lunatic. I knew at a young age that everything was energy and always moving and vibrating even when static... this is because my arm chair scientist uncle would give me lectures every other weekend, lol. So knowing this I attributed the sensations with increasing the rate of vibration within my body...

So for years -- throughout primary and first half of secondary school, pretty much whenever I sat I would just bounce my legs to facilitate the increase of vibration. I thought that something cool like some kind of transformation would occur if I kept at it at first... and later completely forgot about it and the bouncing just became second nature. Eventually though the habit just faded and I just stopped it.

Not too long ago I remembered what I used to do and gave it another go kind of just playing around... so I bounced my legs vigorously. The soles of my feet began to itch, then the inside of my thighs. From my thighs the itch began to sort of internalise and I had a strange blissful itch INSIDE my legs. The sensation then moved into my perineum and to my surprise just EXPLODED upward. My whole body was in intense itchy orgasmic bliss... actually almost TOO intense to handle but I did hold on. I'm not kidding, it was almost torture. It pretty much was. Everywhere dantiens and chakras are supposed to be were actually MORE intense than everywhere else. Even opening my eyes and looking around was unbearable... My eyes were flaming with this sensation. I was able to focus on any part of my body much easier than usual and add more intensity to the feeling. My girlfriend was present and touched me on the hand -- her touch made that spot more intense too.

As I slowed and stopped my legs the feeling subsided. Afterward I felt very energetic, happy and calm and relaxed at the same time.

Now I am able to turn it on within the first five or ten minutes of bouncing my legs -- the first time I was doing it for near an hour. Sometimes if I lock on to an itch or some other feeling I can turn it into bliss without bouncing my legs.

I don't know if itch is the best word... possibly burn? It is hard to describe.

Anyway -- what the hell is this? Lol. Would it be beneficial to keep doing this? Or not? Reminds me of a few things I've read about kundalini. Kunlun too... the bouncing legs, bliss and all. I don't know.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

:)

• Like 3

Sounds to me like a breakthrough in the ancient art of masturbation...

• Like 6

Anyway -- what the hell is this?

I don't know what it is you experienced, but what you're describing is familiar to me.

In particular, when I first started really paying attention to my body (after years of neglect), I was rewarded with incredible bliss. I've never done heroin, but that's what it made me think of, as result of exploring.

So much of my body, my fibers and nerves, were atrophied and dull, until I started getting in and activating them. When I finally started paying attention, and started loving movement, wow!

So, yes, maybe this specific act is something important. But I think it is equally likely that any exercise that will shake up your experience of your own body, will be vastly rewarding.

p.s. May I recommend dance? Specifically dance that is purely allowing your body to joyfully follow its paths, rather than something your "I" is doing, to appear a certain way? I have found that my body knows its own path to bliss, and its own path to liberation and ability, if I just let it play.

Alright, this is a strange one I guess.

When I was younger I was always interested in that weird sensation you get just after shaking a limb (say, your arm) like a lunatic. I knew at a young age that everything was energy and always moving and vibrating even when static... this is because my arm chair scientist uncle would give me lectures every other weekend, lol. So knowing this I attributed the sensations with increasing the rate of vibration within my body...

So for years -- throughout primary and first half of secondary school, pretty much whenever I sat I would just bounce my legs to facilitate the increase of vibration. I thought that something cool like some kind of transformation would occur if I kept at it at first... and later completely forgot about it and the bouncing just became second nature. Eventually though the habit just faded and I just stopped it.

Not too long ago I remembered what I used to do and gave it another go kind of just playing around... so I bounced my legs vigorously. The soles of my feet began to itch, then the inside of my thighs. From my thighs the itch began to sort of internalise and I had a strange blissful itch INSIDE my legs. The sensation then moved into my perineum and to my surprise just EXPLODED upward. My whole body was in intense itchy orgasmic bliss... actually almost TOO intense to handle but I did hold on. I'm not kidding, it was almost torture. It pretty much was. Everywhere dantiens and chakras are supposed to be were actually MORE intense than everywhere else. Even opening my eyes and looking around was unbearable... My eyes were flaming with this sensation. I was able to focus on any part of my body much easier than usual and add more intensity to the feeling. My girlfriend was present and touched me on the hand -- her touch made that spot more intense too.

As I slowed and stopped my legs the feeling subsided. Afterward I felt very energetic, happy and calm and relaxed at the same time.

Now I am able to turn it on within the first five or ten minutes of bouncing my legs -- the first time I was doing it for near an hour. Sometimes if I lock on to an itch or some other feeling I can turn it into bliss without bouncing my legs.

I don't know if itch is the best word... possibly burn? It is hard to describe.

Anyway -- what the hell is this? Lol. Would it be beneficial to keep doing this? Or not? Reminds me of a few things I've read about kundalini. Kunlun too... the bouncing legs, bliss and all. I don't know.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

:)

Sometimes when you think you are just moving a limb, or just thinking a kind of thought, you are also quite unconsciously moving or doing something else. I cant say I know exactly whats going on, but in general you are stimulating an energy center and then using your mind to spread it. I did similar to this for about a year, before I was on the path, I would get myself into a state of energetic bliss and stay there for hours and hours every day, just sitting in cafes watching girls walk by, feeling orgasmic. This itch, is how your crude body is perceiving the energy, sounds very strong. The general advice is to do it all you want, but dont mistake it for the goal. Im sure it is helping your path because raising the level of bliss in your body equates to raising the energies that are going to carry you to a higher level. So it could be considered a cultivation method. This is my opinion, I aint no guru, just been through lots of stuff.

Interesting! I shake my legs all the time, and sometimes I really feel messed up and anxious if I resist the movement. I know it's not "Restless Leg Syndrome" because the symptoms are in no way similar. Having practiced a lot of "stillness" I'm trying to "let my body play," as Otis said. So, when the urge comes, I go with it, and you're right, it is a very pleasant and grounding vibration, that I used to associate with nerves.

Interesting! I shake my legs all the time, and sometimes I really feel messed up and anxious if I resist the movement. I know it's not "Restless Leg Syndrome" because the symptoms are in no way similar. Having practiced a lot of "stillness" I'm trying to "let my body play," as Otis said. So, when the urge comes, I go with it, and you're right, it is a very pleasant and grounding vibration, that I used to associate with nerves.

Yeah, I think the body has its own wisdom, which is often stifled by a society that insists on "right" posture, etc, and which has only a few "normal" ways of being (sitting, standing, lying). Even the way we divide our body up by language, by clothing, and by shame, just adds to our estrangement from the natural flow and processes of the body, which evolved separate from any of those. And of course, young kids do strange contortions and dances in the streets, all quite natural and authentic, until they learn to domesticate their bodies, out of self-consciousness.

I know of some healing modalities (like cranial-sacral therapy) that has rocking and shaking built-in to their systems. I think that both help shake up habits, and activate nerves that get very little attention. I don't know about you, but I've noticed that the further a body part is from my head, the less attention I have given it, over the years. So feet, ankles, legs, abdomen and lower back can use a great deal of waking up.

Yeah, today I noticed that I don't pay as much attention to my fingers as I ought to-- they do such cool, nimble things, and I never even look at them or fully participate in the feeling of what they do.

I also tend to still sit, contort, and fidget like a child. I find myself suddenly embarrassed in restaurants when I realize I have kicked off my shoes under the table and am sitting on my feet! Not sitting like the "pretty ladies" in their "pretty dresses and shoes." :blush:

• Like 1

Yeah, today I noticed that I don't pay as much attention to my fingers as I ought to-- they do such cool, nimble things, and I never even look at them or fully participate in the feeling of what they do.

I also tend to still sit, contort, and fidget like a child. I find myself suddenly embarrassed in restaurants when I realize I have kicked off my shoes under the table and am sitting on my feet! Not sitting like the "pretty ladies" in their "pretty dresses and shoes." :blush:

My fingers and wrists have called me toward contact staff, partner dance, and some other juggling play, to help wake them up. All of my practices seem to have arisen, because my body and nervous system has called me toward them, to allow these parts to wake themselves up. Particularly true of dance and stretch. Handstands have woken up my shoulders and balance. Barefoot hiking has woken up my feet and ankles. Parkour and environmental dance: my awareness, calm and coordination. I only start standing on my head a couple years ago, and my neck was at first very perplexed, but now I'm very relaxed up there, and doing easy spins. Now I'm perching on and dancing from, my shoulders/upper back.

When I allow my body to direct me toward what it needs, fortunately it brings me to some very fun, childlike explorations (like my new love, tree climbing!).

• Like 1

Otis -- I do know my body quite well as I exercise extensively in various ways and it all does benefit me vastly. This though is completely new to my experience... I don't know, haha. You suggesting dance and to allowing my body to "joyfully follow its paths" is good advice. Already do something similar -- spontaneous movement/chigong/neigong/whatever... Specifically Stillness-Movement which is fantastic.

Informer -- It travelled upward from the soles of my feet, I felt nothing entering from the Earth. May have happened though, I know nothing. Lol.

de_paradise -- Great response and very interesting, thank you. I wonder if what you describe is the case? The energy feels extremely powerful. I do recognise that bliss is not the goal and am not attatched to it in any way, if it could be used as a vehicle to higher states though, like you say, that would be awesome.

tragblack -- Yeah I used to be asked if I had some kind of nervous problem, haha. Not at all, was all cool though. :)

Does anyone else believe that it may lead to higher states/more energy/something? Would love confirmation on this.

p.s. May I recommend dance? Specifically dance that is purely allowing your body to joyfully follow its paths, rather than something your "I" is doing, to appear a certain way? I have found that my body knows its own path to bliss, and its own path to liberation and ability, if I just let it play.

Yes!!!

Isn't the bliss supposed to be transmuted into emptiness somehow?

If you have good training in emptiness as a concept, then bliss is the great key to unlocking the deeper realizations that the Buddhist notion of emptiness holds. Or Taoist too...

What you describe sounds exactly like what Bradford Keeney describes in his books about shaking medicine and the shaking healers of Africa.

Anything can.

Can I ask how? Does one just activate bliss aaanndd... What then? Lol. Does it just happen? Is there something one must actively do? I is beginner. :lol:

What you describe sounds exactly like what Bradford Keeney describes in his books about shaking medicine and the shaking healers of Africa.

Awesome. Thanks for this, will have a look.

Can I ask how? Does one just activate bliss aaanndd... What then? Lol. Does it just happen? Is there something one must actively do? I is beginner. :lol:

Well, from a Vajrayana or Tantric perspective, every experience is a doorway to liberation and blissful presence. It's really about understanding experiencing from a context that self liberates (Dzogchen) instead of binds.

There are lots of books that one can read on this. But, if you're into Taoist cultivation. You'll have to wait for a Taoist to come through and ask.

A good book to read is "Crystal and the Way of Light"... it's very open and not going to hamper you with intense philosophy, at the same time, it's deep and covers lots of topics within a relatively short book.

Crystal and the Way of Light on Amazon.com

The guy who gives the book a 3 star rating at the bottom also gives some very good suggestions on other books. Though, like everyone else who rated the book, I give it a 5 star rating. It's only about 180 pages but covers a lot of ground and welcomes re-readings throughout the years as one's understanding grows. It's a very good book for a "beginner" as it put's all the basics into perspective. :)

Dzogchen view is very compatible with Taoist cultivation, very much so in fact.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Amazing. OP's post is the only thing on the web that describes exactly (or even remotely) what has changed my life. Ths post is why I joined the forum.

Two years ago what is described here spontaneously happened to me for the first time while jump-roping. Started out as an uncomfortable itch at my feet and inner thighs then shot up through my perennium and into the rest of my body. Fucking uncomfortable and extremely terrifying experience for the first time. In my minds eye it was a continuous reverse lightening strike inside my body, if that makes sense. Distinctly white. My immediate thoughts and feelings were that I had been here before, it was like coming home. I wondered where the hell it had been all this time."Hello old friend". Wait, I hadn't had this experience before. Right? Absolutely unbearable and it would not stop, I didn't want it to though.

I found this thread and began doing as umezuke said and using my legs as a primer and it never failed to start it up. I can now trigger it with awareness alone.

No way I would have ever believed in any hocus-pocus garbage before that event. I am not close minded, I am rational. Sceptical of everything, always. I wondered after a month or so if I was going mad, so I conducted an experiment with two friends. I sat them down and asked them to bounce their legs.You can probably imagine how they looked at me. It was 41 minutes in before one of them activated it. A little over an hour later and the other only felt the itch. They now looked at me a little differently.

From studying literature on energetics I can trace the lightening (what I've been caling it) and compare the fingers of it to different meridians. More importantly I can feel the dantiens and other energy centres. They contain much more energy than the meridians and are growing in power all the time, especially in my stomach. If I do not activate it for some time, the strength of the energy seems to drop considerably. I've experimented and deep breathing, reverse breathing, triangle breathing, locking the breath and holding and where I place my awareness all have different effects. Different stances and postures do too.

I feel no stress anymore. Everything seems to fall into place. Quite sure I can see energy as well. This is madness.

I am not satisfied with this thread. Are there any experts who can tell me what this is? Is it koundalini? How should I develop it further and how do I use it?

For the non-experts, I encourage you to bounce the shit out of your legs. This works.

Edited by Soos
  • Like 3

If you're bouncing your legs, you're probably flexing your ankles and pounding your heels a bit.

This would stimulate the qiao mai, two of the eight extraordinary channels that circulate energy up and down the body.

This may be what Chuang Tzu was talking about when he wrote: "The ancient ones breathed from their heels."

(This "breath" is actually chi, not air.) Lots of chi circulating does feel really, really good....

Speaking from personal experience now, when you get those channels cleared out, they're very available to restimulation. I was totally surprised that your "method" works for me too, although not (yet!) to the point of "unbearable bliss"... just kind of regular bliss. :D

TTB has some threads on the Eight Extraordinary Channels, you might find interesting.

• Like 3

As long as I can remember I have bounced my legs up and down constantly with heels raised and weight on toes/balls of feet, whilst seated.

I'm doing it now.

It seems to annoy people.

I think it keeps me fit.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

The Kunlun system's main posture is seated and you keep your heels raised. After a few sessions, the heels start bouncing rapidly by themselves, like a nervous school boy. There's some hard wired release mechanism being triggered.

I think simple whole body shaking is one the most simple underrated practices (as is zhan zhang). I've done it in Ki-Aikido and in KAP classes, too often its viewed as a warm up when it can be an important practice unto itself.

• Like 4