sean

Free Chinese Astrology Chart

I'm really getting into this Taoist astrology class that I am taking with Liu Ming. This last class we learned about the Celestial Stems and Earthly Branches, both of which make up your outer character. Next class we will learn about the 12 houses.

There is a great free resource for calculating your Chinese astrological chart. Here is the procedure.

1) Have your year, month, day and time of birth handy

2) Go to TzuWei.com, right click and save the personal edition of this free astrology software, and install it.

3) Go to this daylight savings calculator and type in the year you were born to verify if it fell on daylight savings or standard time.

4) Go to world time zones and determine how much you have to subtract from your time of birth to get the Greenwich Mean Time (this is where knowing if you were born during daylight savings or not is relevant).

5) Fire up the Zi Wei Chart Builder software, plug in your information and hit build chart. Boom. What used to take hours has been calculated instantly.

Here is my chart:

Oh ... unfortunately I don't know the exact time I was born yet (I ordered a copy of my birth certificate to find out, but it hasn't arrived yet). But I do know that it was between 1am and 4am, so I did several charts between this range and there are only two parts (not including the 12 houses) that vary.

March 22, 1976 - between 1am - 4am

Year: Fire Dragon (Bing Chen)

Month: Metal Rabbit (Xin Mao)

Day: Water Rooster (Guei Yu)

Hour: Water Ox (Guei Chou) or Wood Tiger (depending on actual time)

Inner Element: Wood or Earth (depending on actual time)

Constellation: Swallow

Elements:

Wood/3 or 4

Fire/1

Earth/3 or 2

Metal/3

Water/2

So what's your chart look like? :)

Sean

So how can we figure out what it all means??? :)

me:

Year: Wood Dragon

Month: Fire Rabbit

Day: Metal Snake

Hour: Fire Rooster

Inner Element: Earth

Constellation: Griffon

Elements: Wood/2, Fire/6,Earth1,Metal/3,Water 0 (ouch!)

So how can we figure out what it all means???

Please yes, kind sir. Any chance of the briefest summary of what all the boxes round the edge are about?

Year: Earth Monkey

Month: Metal Rooster

Day: Water Rat

Hour: Wood Dragon

Inner Element: Earth

Constellation: Leopard

Elements: Wood 3, Fire 1, Earth 3, Metal 3, Water 2

Edited by Ian

OK, I'll play.

Year - Wood Dragon

Month - Fire Rabbit

Day - Earth Dragon

Hour - Water Dog

Inner Element: Wood Constellation: Sheep

Elements Wood/3 Fire/3 Earth/4 Metal/0 Water/2

This agrees with a chart I had done before. I don't know what inner element means, but in looking at the level of the elements I see that I have a higher number for Earth than any of the other elements and a zero for metal.

I think this is significant. It means I have to be aware of strengthening the metal element and that I have characteristics of strong earth chi. At least this is the interpretation I learned some years ago.

The boxes around the center are a the twelve stems. If you notice Sean mentioned this will be covered in the next class.

I don't know what they mean either. Under offspring it has tiger. A coincidence is that my son (first born) is a Tiger. (PS - on a tangent I am using his knowledge of this fact as a stepping stone to teaching him Shamanic Tiger form, bit by bit.)

Thanks for sharking Sean

Thaddeus - looks like we are born on the same year. (unless you are like over 100 years old, ya never know :P

Craig

All I know is that I have a lot of fiery stars and that my "profession" area has the stars for health and writing, and that I'm supposed to get the most chi from this dude I've never met (in the relationships area) in my whole chart. Dude who read my chart said most women would be ecstatic if that were the case, but my reaction was, "I'm supposed to get my chi from someone else?" lol. He's got an Emperor star and some other special star. I have the Sun and Moon in my health area.

And I don't have sufficient privileges to download it on my work 'puter. WAAH. Will have to find my old chart.

I have a big document here that Ming handed to us on Sunday called "The Twelve Animals and The 60 Combinations of the Celestial Stems and Earthly Branches". I just wrote him and asked if he could send me a digital copy and if anyone posts their chart in here I will copy and paste the text for their four results. (I don't want to just slap the whole thing up here, not sure he would be ok with that).

And I don't have sufficient privileges to download it on my work 'puter. WAAH. Will have to find my old chart.

not sure how comfortable you are posting your data, but one of us can run the chart for you..

Year: Fire Dragon

Month: Metal Rat

Day: Wood Ox

Hour: Fire Ox

Inner Element: Wood

Constellation: Deer

Elements: Wood/1 Fire/2 Earth/5 Metal/2 Water/2

Do you know what the numbers next to the elements represent? Is it relative amounts or something else, because to look at me, the earth element isn't that strong.

Ooh, Sean, I wanna see my results!!

Year: Earth Goat

Day: Metal Rabbit

Inner element: Earth

Constellation: Cock

Elements: Wood/3,Fire/5,Earth/2,Metal/2, Water/0

Just as I suspected - I'm a watery fella!

Year: Water Pig

Month: Wood Tiger

Day: Water Dragon

Hour: Wood Dragon

Inner Element: Water ( :rolleyes: )

Elements: Wood/3 Fire/1 Earth/2 Metal/0 ( :blink: ) Water/6

So yeah - I can see the woodiness in me - the wateryiness is obvious... lack of metal is worrying, but not surprising...

oh and btw - I found this site helpfull for finding out the daylight saving hours on your year and your location (plus the GMT calculation) in one step: www.timeanddate.com

Wow, Ming said people with 5's and 6's are pretty rare. He said the only Fire-6 he met drank around half gallon of vodka a day for 50 something years, presumably in a kind of instinctual qigong to cool herself off so that people around her could handle her. Otherwise she was just too intense for her family.

I found this site helpfull for finding out the daylight saving hours on your year and your location (plus the GMT calculation) in one step: www.timeanddate.com

Cool! Thanks for that link.

Still waiting for Ming's response on that document.

Sean

Hmmmm,

Year: wood rabbit

Month: wood monkey

Day: wood horse

Hour: wood pig

Inner element: Water

Constellation: Pheasant

Elements: Wood/5 Fire/2 Earth/0 Metal/2 Water/3

Some of things on this chart are spot on.

Hmmm, I wonder if that chart is drawn up slightly differently, because it looks different than my old chart.

They did recommend Robert Fenwick for chart interp.

Gotta jump on this wagon !! Love this stuff ...

very interested in results later.

Year: Metal Monkey

Month: Earth Rabbit

Day: Metal Tiger

Hour: Earth Rabbit

Inner Element: Fire

Constellation: Pig

Elements: Wood/5, Fire/0, Earth/4, Metal/3, Water/0

hahahahha, little confused on the water/0 because I'm piscean and have taken to those attributes rather accurately on my life's past ... or perhaps it is nothing like the western system at all ... *scratches her head* the fire doesn't surprise me but makes me curious ...

Wood, with the predominace of Earth and Metal above make sense, though.

lezlie:

year - earth horse

month - wood rabbit

day - water dragon

hour - wood dragon

inner element: water

wood 3, fire 3, earth 3, metal 0, water 3

i lack metal -- which explains why i always want to live in the industrial/downtown areas of town, and why the view of a bart train chugging along in the distance interests me much more than that silly sunset.

Hmmmm,

Year: wood rabbit

Month: wood monkey

Day: wood horse

Hour: wood pig

Inner element: Water

Elements: Wood/5 Fire/2 Earth/0 Metal/2 Water/3

whoa.... so much wood. wow, that's amazing.

Year: Earth Goat

Day: Metal Rabbit

Inner element: Earth

Elements: Wood/3,Fire/5,Earth/2,Metal/2, Water/0

super whoa... you have 5 fire with 0 water and you live in the desert???? i am def asking Ming about you next class!!!

super whoa... you have 5 fire with 0 water and you live in the desert???? i am def asking Ming about you next class!!!

I got a 6 fire with 0 water..and my dream is to live in a desert area..very attracted to it. All my life however, I've lived near the ocean. Life circumstances keeps me from the southwest, but would love to go there..can you ask about that..?

Thanks

T

Mine is messed up

year - water ox

month - water pig

day - water pig

hour - water dog

inner element: metal

wood 1, fire 0, earth 2, metal 0, water 9

Nine water!!!! What does this mean?

Mine is messed up

year - water ox

month - water pig

day - water pig

hour - water dog

inner element: metal

wood 1, fire 0, earth 2, metal 0, water 9

Nine water!!!! What does this mean?

Interesting your name is 'thirstytraveler'..or is this a joke?

water water everywhere..and not a drop to drink!

T

Owl:

Year: Water Ox

Month: Earth Goat

Day: Fire Tiger

Hour: Wood Horse

Inner Element: Metal

Constellation: Horse

Elements: Wood/3 Fire/4 Earth/3 Metal/1 Water/1

This chart looks like it's drawn different than the one I paid for, which I frantically searched for last night but couldn't find.