gj551

gate of ming

hi :)

sorry for bothering you with this one but it kept me thinking for about two days and then i somewhat gave up

dfrgdr.jpg

its a tablet from the "hui ming ching" (https://circle.ubc.ca/bitstream/2429/11432/1/ubc_2001-0087.pdf)

do you know which body parts it means? i mean, gate of ming is written with the same characters as "ming men" but mingmen is between the kidneys whereas "gate of leakage" probably refers to the genital gate by which jing/essence is lost. or is it the anus? O_o (i ask because this aperture lies at the end of the channel of function, if it was the genital it would be on cv-1 "huiyin" i gues..) the whole structure confuses me please help :)

in the text, "ming" is described as being in opposition to xing, ming being the lower body and xing the immaterial spirit (to my understanding).. the character of ming reads life, and the one of xing means something like nature or gender

hi :)

sorry for bothering you with this one but it kept me thinking for about two days and then i somewhat gave up...

Jing leaks out of the genitals.

From what I understand the kidneys and ming men point is where jing is generated and stored.

Thanks for that, it is very interesting. It seems despite the buddhist influence mentioned through they still describe the micro-cosmic orbit (MCO) in the Taoist breathing method (not the buddhist method).

The 'Gate of Ming' is 'Ming Men'. Some might say The Gate of "life" or "power" or "wisdom". Which is what Hui Ming means (intelligence or wisdom). So that is why HuiMing and MingMen both appear to be synonymous on the picture.

There are ming men acupuncture points on the back and the front of the body. This seems to support the idea of the ming men as to it's energetic location is the space in the middle of the body inbetween the points. The ming men (with the dan tian) is seen as the body's main energy center. It also helps to see how acupuncture points are 'gateways' to energy.

The leakage going downward is simply to imply 'life energy leaving the body'. So it is the loss of energy in general. I don't think it is meant to be a specific spot. But if one wants to know where do we tend to leak out the lower part it is the huiyin and the arse.

Jing leaks out of the genitals.

From what I understand the kidneys and ming men point is where jing is generated and stored.

yes, that is how i see it :)

well in addition to that it (the gate) could still be the anus because i feel eating does the body more harm than good (->benefits of fasting) could it be that eating, being a weakness, actually uses up energy.. so it drains away through the rectum

So what does Gate mean here?

yea thats why im confused, see, there are two points they call gate of life or gate of life and death, one being at the bottom ("mortal cavity") and the other one is more towards the back, between the kidneys..

microcosmic_orbit.gif

they are both written with these two characters ("gate" and "life").. i came to realize that the testicles and the kidneys are often written with the same cahracters, this may point to a relationship between these two but im not sure what it means

Thanks for that, it is very interesting. It seems despite the buddhist influence mentioned through they still describe the micro-cosmic orbit (MCO) in the Taoist breathing method (not the buddhist method).

The 'Gate of Ming' is 'Ming Men'. Some might say The Gate of "life" or "power" or "wisdom". Which is what Hui Ming means (intelligence or wisdom). So that is why HuiMing and MingMen both appear to be synonymous on the picture.

There are ming men acupuncture points on the back and the front of the body. This seems to support the idea of the ming men as to it's energetic location is the space in the middle of the body inbetween the points. The ming men (with the dan tian) is seen as the body's main energy center. It also helps to see how acupuncture points are 'gateways' to energy.

The leakage going downward is simply to imply 'life energy leaving the body'. So it is the loss of energy in general. I don't think it is meant to be a specific spot. But if one wants to know where do we tend to leak out the lower part it is the huiyin and the arse.

thanks for the input :) yes, the circle may stand for the lower dantian.. as you put it, mingmen seems to be the 'back' part of the lower elixir field... how could one "stop the leakage"? the huiyin plays an important role.. if i got it correctl it is also where they locate the root chakra

In address to your question briefly from my particular academic, practitioner and experiential basis-

Ming Men- is both an acupuncture point and a gateway that houses a field of energy in the body. It is literally a pivot point and thus a pivotal point through which we are infused with the many dimensions of our existence. The experience of this point provides us with a greater understanding of what informs our existence, and hence, in health, provides an aspect to the totality of wisdom in our life.

Hui Yin- is an acupuncture point located on the perineum. It is spiritual point with implications upon our mortality because it the point through which the spiritual energy of formation enters and leaves the system.

Relationship of kidneys and testicles- The kidney houses the primordial essence of life. This essence is known as jing. The testicles house the seed of this jing in the form of semenal production.

Hui Yin and Root Chakra- Hui yin is located in the same place as the root chakra, but it's overall dimensionality is significantly smaller (assuming an ideal state of energetic health) than the root chakra. The functionality, process and access of both is superficially similar, but also quite deeply different. And, they give formation to the physicality of your existence in different ways. Thus its energetic implications would affect the perspective and approach toward addressing health, treatment and cultivation practices.

Stopping the leakage- Without knowing you, I can not address this specifically. But generally speaking, practices which transmit or transmute energy from the base of the perineum would be of benefit.

Edited by Small Fur
  • Like 1

In address to your question briefly from my particular academic, practitioner and experiential basis-

Ming Men- is both an acupuncture point and a gateway that houses a field of energy in the body. It is literally a pivot point and thus a pivotal point through which we are infused with the many dimensions of our existence. The experience of this point provides us with a greater understanding of what informs our existence, and hence, in health, provides an aspect to the totality of wisdom in our life.

Hui Yin- is an acupuncture point located on the perineum. It is spiritual point with implications upon our mortality because it the point through which the spiritual energy of formation enters and leaves the system.

Relationship of kidneys and testicles- The kidney houses the primordial essence of life. This essence is known as jing. The testicles house the seed of this jing in the form of semenal production.

Hui Yin and Root Chakra- Hui yin is located in the same place as the root chakra, but it's overall dimensionality is significantly smaller (assuming an ideal state of energetic health) than the root chakra. The functionality, process and access of both is superficially similar, but also quite deeply different. And, they give formation to the physicality of your existence in different ways. Thus its energetic implications would affect the perspective and approach toward addressing health, treatment and cultivation practices.

Stopping the leakage- Without knowing you, I can not address this specifically. But generally speaking, practices which transmit or transmute energy from the base of the perineum would be of benefit.

Edited by Small Fur

Yes, nicely put.

The [energy field] Mingmen is the prenatal Yang aspect; The Dan Tian is the postnatal Yin aspect.

It may be that the Dan Tian is so much talked about that the role of the Mingmen is lost.