Ya Mu, when is the second printing going to be made available? eBooks are not my thing I have a need to turn pages and smell the paper.

Was a thread really necessary? Just PM him.

-Also i just got a Kindle and it is amazing. I don't miss printed font one bit. They definitely put in a lot of effort to make the transition from paper to text as seamless as possible. Also the books are usually always cheaper...sometimes even free.

Edited by OldGreen

I thought others might like to know when the printed edition would be available again.

I regret in some ways not being able to reprint at the moment and do understand your experience with wanting to feel the paper. It is different than an ebook. To answer your question I have not yet decided on a re-print.

However, I do believe the future of books is ebook format. I have a kindle and it has totally transformed my own reading experience. But what I see the future of books is a total multimedia experience. With the advent of android and apple devises that read kindle and other formats we have a chance to immerse the reader in a total experience including sound and video. The new tablets are perfect for this. We are not quite there yet as the software for implementation is not yet available to the individual publisher to imbed this and make it easily available to the public. But it IS coming; I am looking at new features of a particular software package right now; this is the very reason my latest book is not yet available.

I want to thank everyone who has been interested in the book and actually made it possible for it to be placed in most countries of the world.

On an android and apple device the current kindle book available from amazon.com has color support although not all pictures are in color.

Vernor Vinge's Rainbow's End has a pretty decent description of what books are going to be. Alas, I just can't seem to focus on any eBook for a long period of time.

Vernor Vinge's Rainbow's End has a pretty decent description of what books are going to be. Alas, I just can't seem to focus on any eBook for a long period of time.

Are you trying to read on a PC or mac? I too have trouble focusing on LCD's for a long period of time. But eink devises like the current kindle and new nook (not nook color - which I do like) do not have this fatigue factor, to my eyes. I can read them without this focus fatigue; in fact in ways it is to me better than a book, more legible.

I am hoping to integrate some multimedia in my next editions and new publishings. I guess the ideal would be a dual eink / hi-res lcd device. The Adam tablet was almost there but it didn't quite pan out.

Michael,

Are you considering publishing your ebook other places than Amazon, eg. Smashwords?

I have a Sony ebook reader and it cannot read the Kindle file - on Smashwords users can download all kinds of file formats, DRM-free though.

Michael,

Are you considering publishing your ebook other places than Amazon, eg. Smashwords?

I have a Sony ebook reader and it cannot read the Kindle file - on Smashwords users can download all kinds of file formats, DRM-free though.

I may put out an epub version. For some reason more difficult than mobi version. I had to put it on the back burner. If I do it will prob be through Barnes & Noble. Smashword pissed me off on the one-off prices for publishing - not interested in doing business with them unless they change their model.

It appears to me that the android devices are going to win out on this as they have software to read most all formats, pdf, epub, mobi, etc. Even amazon is coming out this fall with an android device. Actually they have 2 planned.

Hey, just wanted to add that Amazon has a free downloadable Kindle book reader application for Windows PC's that allows regular Windows PC users to purchase and read kindle books from Amazon, in case anyone out there wasn't aware of this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sa_menu_karl3/191-2364475-4792423?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

I haven't tried it but isn't there a mac version as well?

Another great piece of free software is "calibre".

Perhaps something is telling you to get an ebook reader MythShrike they are well worth the money, eInk makes a big difference over a computer screen, although I'll plug beBook (super reliable and reads everything) over Kindel's as Kindels use to (or perhaps still only) work in the US :( I too prefer real books, but it's annoying being able to buy them immediately but still have ot wait 2 weeks for them to arrive.

I've had Michaels book for a while, having brought it with the DVD (which I like) but I had never read past the prologue. This is not unusual for me. It's always easy to just skim read a book, but if you pay attention, I feel that some things seem to have a "time" to be read.

I noticed this with my favorite MA books. Beyond the Known and Towards the Unknown. The 1st time I got Towards the Unknown it was really just words to me, I was still "getting" through Beyond the Known. Years later Beyond the Known feels familiar (but not fully implemented in my practice) Towards the Unknown still "breaks" from understanding into words when I read it, almost always that the same place in the book :lol: but I'm progressing

Anyhow your post prompted me to pick up Michaels book, which "coincidently" had made it to the top of my pile. Had never noticed the "if you are bowsing" section before, so I contemplated them, then read the 1st section, the "big" story coincided with it being after midnight (I had intended to go to bed an hour before :) ) and I now have a slight understanding of why Michaels recommends people don't waste their Qi on moving physical objects.

Engrossing story, well told, containing very useful tips.

p.s. any movement on the other book Ya Mu ?

I haven't tried it but isn't there a mac version as well?

Another great piece of free software is "calibre".

Yes, Amazon has a Kindle reader app for Mac computers as well.

Perhaps something is telling you to get an ebook reader MythShrike they are well worth the money, eInk makes a big difference over a computer screen, although I'll plug beBook (super reliable and reads everything) over Kindel's as Kindels use to (or perhaps still only) work in the US :( I too prefer real books, but it's annoying being able to buy them immediately but still have ot wait 2 weeks for them to arrive.

I've had Michaels book for a while, having brought it with the DVD (which I like) but I had never read past the prologue. This is not unusual for me. It's always easy to just skim read a book, but if you pay attention, I feel that some things seem to have a "time" to be read.

I noticed this with my favorite MA books. Beyond the Known and Towards the Unknown. The 1st time I got Towards the Unknown it was really just words to me, I was still "getting" through Beyond the Known. Years later Beyond the Known feels familiar (but not fully implemented in my practice) Towards the Unknown still "breaks" from understanding into words when I read it, almost always that the same place in the book :lol: but I'm progressing

Anyhow your post prompted me to pick up Michaels book, which "coincidently" had made it to the top of my pile. Had never noticed the "if you are bowsing" section before, so I contemplated them, then read the 1st section, the "big" story coincided with it being after midnight (I had intended to go to bed an hour before :) ) and I now have a slight understanding of why Michaels recommends people don't waste their Qi on moving physical objects.

Engrossing story, well told, containing very useful tips.

p.s. any movement on the other book Ya Mu ?

Ah, the "other" book. It was supposed to be released this summer but I really have had this vision take hold of me of integrating mp3 files and multimedia video, so I am investigating some new software. Dang visions only create more work. If this software doesn't pan out I will attempt to finish it with simple web links and get it out "real soon now" as an e-book. If you know that Gift of Tao was scheduled for release in 1998-99 and was recheduled each year until release in 2006, then you would understand "real soon now" from me means anywhere from next week to 2018. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully it won't take that long, but it is now on pause while I attempt to get out a new DVD.

Ah, the "other" book. It was supposed to be released this summer but I really have had this vision take hold of me of integrating mp3 files and multimedia video, so I am investigating some new software. Dang visions only create more work. If this software doesn't pan out I will attempt to finish it with simple web links and get it out "real soon now" as an e-book. If you know that Gift of Tao was scheduled for release in 1998-99 and was recheduled each year until release in 2006, then you would understand "real soon now" from me means anywhere from next week to 2018. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully it won't take that long, but it is now on pause while I attempt to get out a new DVD.

I remember in your first book you said that you were never satisfied with explaining Chi-Gung through pictures. Perhaps soon you will be able to put movements in the book through videos :)

Ah, the "other" book. It was supposed to be released this summer but I really have had this vision take hold of me of integrating mp3 files and multimedia video, so I am investigating some new software. Dang visions only create more work. If this software doesn't pan out I will attempt to finish it with simple web links and get it out "real soon now" as an e-book. I

Why stop at mp3 and video, you mine as well go the full nine yards and make it a 3D holographic experience where the reader is swept into a qigong virtual reality :lol:

but if you pay attention, I feel that some things seem to have a "time" to be read.

Indeed, i'll often look at my book shelf and feel which book i should begin reading next. The little man inside knows. :lol:

Michael, my main trouble comes from the tactile and olfactory experience more than anything. These electronics just don't register as BOOK to me. Although I haven't used any e-ink devices at length yet. Thanks for the input guys. My income is pretty shitty at the moment so a reader will have to wait.

Michael, my main trouble comes from the tactile and olfactory experience more than anything. These electronics just don't register as BOOK to me. Although I haven't used any e-ink devices at length yet. Thanks for the input guys. My income is pretty shitty at the moment so a reader will have to wait.

I did check the used prices on amazon.com of the first edition. Right now there are some that are fairly reasonable as compared to what they were just a short time ago.

The eink devises can only come down in price. You may could get a used one very inexpensive. Be careful for compatibility of files, though, if you do go that route.

Ya Mu, when is the second printing going to be made available? eBooks are not my thing I have a need to turn pages and smell the paper.

PM me with your address, and I'll mail you my copy.