Central American style step-pyramids found on the Canary Islands

Central American style step-pyramids found on Canary Islands

The mystery of the Canary Island Mummies-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1b7C7PJTzw

The Canary Islands, and Atlantis-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWYXg5Ax4k

The Pyramids of Guimar-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eIXSYRo_n0

Video with the great scholar and adventurer Thor Heyerdahl, who proved even the most primitive boats could cross every ocean including the Pacific and Atlantic, The Kon Tiki Man-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGooopCTmpg&feature=fvw

Clearly if we want to have a greater understanding of history, the past, ancient myths, religion, human origins, "the garden of Eden", etc., then we have to study many flood legends all around the world to find independent corroboration and correlations between stories.

Now, here is something quite shocking to science! Mexican and Central american style step-pyramids found on the Canary islands on the other side of the Atlantic, closer to Spain than to Mexico. Discovered by Dr. Heyerdahl who has done extensive research on the pyramids of Peru.

Unexplained Mysteries :: The lost pyramids of Guimar

Pyramids in Spain - Crystalinks

Pyramids

Discovery

Archaeologists and authorities scoffed when a local newspaper published an article claiming to have discovered mysterious step-pyramids on the island of Tenerife. Just more agricultural stone terraces they said, such as are common throughout the Canaries.

But Thor Heyerdahl thought differently. Dr. Heyerdahl, who has done extensive research on the pyramids of Tucume in Peru, was intrigued by photos of the site, and on visiting the valley of Guimar to see for himself, he was no longer in any doubt. These were neither terraces nor random piles of stone cleared by the Spaniards, as some had tried to explain them away. They were painstakingly built step-pyramids, constructed according to similar principles as those of Mexico, Peru, and ancient Mesopotamia.

The Evidence

* Far from being piles of unworked rubble, every stone was turned with its flat side out and placed together by stone masons.

* With slopes of the volcano Mt. Teide at their back and facing the Atlantic, the edifices are precisely aligned according to the sunset on the summer solstice, as are other sacred structures in different parts of the world.

* Carefully built stairways on the west side of each pyramid lead up to the summit, which is not a pile of stones, but a perfectly flat platform covered with gravel, as though for ceremonial performances and/or sun worship.

* The stones were not weather-worn, rounded boulders, such as farmers had found in the fields, but sharp fragments of lava, and some of the corner stones had been trimmed.

* Archaeologists from the University of La Laguna were contracted to do test excavations of a ceremonial platform between two of the pyramids. As predicted by Dr. Heyerdahl, they found that rather than being a random pile of stones as they had expected, it was built of blocks, gravel and earth. The skeptics had to admit that this was definitely some kind of ceremonial architecture. Yet some still refused to admit that such impressive structures could have been built by the Guanche, the original inhabitants of Tenerife, and suggested that they might have been constructed by the early Christian conquistadores as a time measuring device to know when to celebrate the Catholic festivities of St. John.

What is the Significance of the Pyramids?

Following Dr. Heyerdahl's express wishes, no theory is forced on the visitors to Guimar. In fact the symbol of the exhibit is a question mark, asking each person to make up his own mind.

Yet certainly, the evidence leads Heyerdahl and others involved in the project to believe that these pyramids may be remains from pre-European voyagers who sailed the Atlantic in ancient times, and may have possibly forged a link with the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas.

Among the original inhabitants of the Canaries many were fair-haired and bearded, and probably related to the Berbers who inhabited the coastal areas of North Africa before the Arab conquest. Is it possible that long before the 15th century, people of the same stock as those who settled the Canary Islands also sailed the same route along the Canary Current that Columbus took to the Americas? Columbus' starting off point was the Canaries, where his ships got supplies and water on Gomera, the island next to Tenerife. The Guanches on Tenerife in 1492 did not permit Columbus or any other Europeans to land on their island. They were not impressed by the physical appearance of the bearded Europeans, who looked like the Guanches themselves. But when Columbus and the Europeans who followed in his wake landed in the New World they were welcomed and initially worshipped as gods, since the beardless Indians they encountered believed that the Spanish belonged to the same people as the legendary founders of their civilization, bearded men from across the Atlantic Ocean.

The priority is to preserve the pyramids, which were slated for destruction to make way for urban development. Two of the smaller pyramids, which were partially damaged in recent decades, have also been restored.

A historic building at the site has been restored to house a museum. The exhibits will present the evidence and arguments for ideas about the spread of culture and ideas in ancient times, including examples of cultural parallels in art and other archaeological materials from across the oceans, models of ancient watercraft, and illustrations of stepped pyramids from around the world.

The second floor contains the FERCO headquarters and an archaeological library.

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 1

I've not seen a good documentary on the Canary Islands nor read anything to recall any information.

A couple of things said in the videos sounded totally wrong but I am unable to state such.

Oh well.

Well isn't that strange.......

Hehehe.

Not really considering some of the thing you offer us to read and watch/listen to.

But still, I guess those things are needed by those people who have inquiring minds.

Often times the things that are the most true are counter-intuitive, don't seem right at first, and are hard to make sense of for our mind's.

You've posted up a couple dozen of these sorts of threads. This is a Taoist philosophy site. You might want to get your own personal discussion page here to use for these posts. Or have a single thread on Archaeological Discoveries, another on Intelligent Design and fill those up with your revelations. Nothing wrong with a few of these on the main page, but if you're putting down a few a week, they may belong in Off Topic or in your personal page.

Or you might want to look for science forum or a religious one for your findings.

my 2 cents

I have seen nothing that says this is a "Taoist philosophy" site. It is a Non-Sectarian discussion forum with an emphasis on, and from the perspective of Taoism in general, not only philosophy. It is pretty open, and other paths, religions, spiritual concepts, and ideas should not be discluded.

No matter how you look at it, the origin and development of Humans is going to be very relevant to what spiritual or religious concepts are correct and which are incorrect.

It is all going to come together, and eventually make a lot more sense to you in the future.

Often times the things that are the most true are counter-intuitive, don't seem right at first, and are hard to make sense of for our mind's.

Yea!!! I get to agree with you.

One what? Religion or a better future?

Definitely don't need more religions imo. We have seen how they can be easily manipulated by those with power desiring more.

Definitely don't need more religions imo. We have seen how they can be easily manipulated by those with power desiring more.

Well, I offered you only two options and you discarded the one so all we have left to work for is a better future. There's a lot of work to do. We better get hustling.

Uh oh, what is the world coming to? The Apacolypse must be arriving soon.

The apocalypse is some superstition drummed by fear driven fundamentalists and it seems you are in that mindset! This stuff you are posting does nothing to help advance real understanding of human nature and by extension, solving some of our most egregious problems. You have convinced most here that you are a fundamentalist intelligent designer.

:lol:

Why so serious?

I'm not taking you serious Immortal. Hehehe.

(That's really a compliment although it may not look like one.)

AAAHHHH!

I set myself up for that one.....

:angry:

Hehehe. I may be an old man but I am still pretty quick.